Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) (31516 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Rolls-Royce Of The Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by AHCB: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2019
He's knows his money means nothing when in presence of the great Oba of Benin.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Ugosample(m): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2019
frowland:
I think anytime someone types billionaire, Nairaland should automatically change it to Millionaire or multimillionaire.
A billionaire is someone who has a billion british pounds and above in assets.
Even Emoney is brandished about as a billionaire.
Millions, billions and trillions are English words and when you say someone is a billionaire then his net assets must be in billion pounds.
So with this billionaire logic, If I migrate to Zimbabwe or Ghana I should be called a billionaire then

I think we should have our own metric tho as to who is a billionaire

One with a billion naira in Nigeria can be called a Nigerian Billionaire
our cureecny bad, but it is not totally condemned

But the thing is
Many of these men do not even reach that threshold

E Money for example

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by ifyalways(f): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Ugosample:

wow
and why is that?
Long story.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Jmk9292(m): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2019
stag:

Tell this to Ganduje undecided
lol
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Elfather12: 8:40am On Jun 10, 2019
And Tony kabaka looking

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Ugosample(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2019
ifyalways:
Long story.
I know Edo folks can be fetish and all that
but then

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by myresearch: 8:43am On Jun 10, 2019
Tradition
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by frowland(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2019
Ugosample:

But the thing is

E Money for example

No, Nigerian Billionaire just like Icelandic Billionaires, French Billionaire, Russian Billionaire and all that; have their assets measured in British pounds.
Reason Dangote and Alakija are called billionaires. It is an insult to call Dangote a billionaire and call Emoney a billionaire.
The only way to do what you suggest is to use a nigerian local language (Onye Nderi Naira in Igbo for example meaning a millionaire in Naira, Ogu Nderi Naira meaning a billionaire in Naira) NOT English billions.
Even Linda Ikeji and Seun are dubbed Billionaires. Na wa.

6 Likes

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by IkpuMmadu: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2019
martineverest:
b4 nko...we dont nile with our oba.we give him maximum respect as Edo people.even the governor, obaseki gave him the respect unlike one governor that don't respect the Emir.

our oba is powerful and should be respected,unlike that king from ile ife that prostrated to former senate President
Easy ! Stop shaking tables ! This is Monday please

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by JayMakati(m): 8:47am On Jun 10, 2019
BabaIbo:
The way all these bloggers dey tag everybody billionaire sef, just like every lady is an ctress too
Lol, bro seems you don't know who captain Hosa really is.
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by mr1759: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2019
Those who respect the throne of his forefathers and his fathers shall be respected
It is the law of nature
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Gazzy88(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2019
otokx:

What has he done for his village?
What did his village contribute to his life while he was a nobody?
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2019
Wesporting:

He should go broke because he want to please your village people?

Poor people always want this rich to spend all there money at once....
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by chukwuibuipob: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2019
cool culture/responsible pipu unlike those side pipu dat wake up their parents with cutlass/ left hand slap.Dey can knee down for the famous runaway hunchback po*n warrior but to their parents, mbanu!
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by BabaIbo: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2019
JayMakati:

What's the name of his company or business? or is he a politician?

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by tobaaro(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2019
JayMakati:

Please pardon their imprudence and indolence. They dont know and are comfortable to not know and still comment undecided.
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by 989900: 9:02am On Jun 10, 2019
frowland:
I think anytime someone types billionaire, Nairaland should automatically change it to Millionaire or multimillionaire.
Millions, billions and trillions are English words and when you say someone is a billionaire then his net assets must be in billion pounds.
So with this billionaire logic, If I migrate to Zimbabwe or Ghana I should be called a billionaire then

I tire . . .

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by AngelicBeing: 9:02am On Jun 10, 2019
ifyalways:
Perx(RIP) is all i see every time I see this Oba or his wives.

This life . . .
Lol, the jazz and juju inside that his red regalia is something else, I wonder how all this kings cope with jazz and rituals daily, I can't even take a glass of water from any of these kings, anything connoting jazz and rituals is a big turn off to me
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Skodiswayze(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2019
Na hin born them?

otokx:
They should use their billions to renovate/build schools and hospitals in their respective villages; every time billionaire this, billionaire that.
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Ugosample(m): 9:05am On Jun 10, 2019
frowland:

No, Nigerian Billionaire just like Icelandic Billionaires, French Billionaire, Russian Billionaire and all that; have their assets measured in British pounds.
Reason Dangote and Alakija are called billionaires. It is an insult to call Dangote a billionaire and call Emoney a billionaire.
The olny way to do what you suggest is to use a nigerian local language NOT English Billions.
Even Linda Ikeji and Seun are dubbed Billionaires. Na wa.

more like a billion dollars than a billion pounds tho....
if one is worth 1b dollars
he will be on the Forbes list of billionaire on earth....

it's not pounds per se

but I was speaking in the context of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Ugosample(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, the jazz and juju inside that his red regalia is something else, I wonder how all this kings cope with jazz and rituals daily

all these useless rituals Africans should have thrown away since

Let's keep the traditions
but discard the juju and demonism

Demonic powers on the loose in NIGERIA is too much
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by frowland(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2019
Ugosample:

more like a billion dollars than a billion pounds tho....
if one is worth 1b dollars
he will be on the Forbes list of billionaire on earth....

it's not pounds per se

but I was speaking in the context of Nigeria

What is the limit of context if am a foreigner reading this article or if a US billionaire is reading this article? It is not mutually exclusive.
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Elderniercri(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2019
frowland:

Your logic tho �
A Nigerian businessman who the naira mostly for his business transaction should be tagged as a billionaire if he hits a billion naira or more not in other currencies.

So if you go to Zimbabwe and your money there hit billions then you can also be a billionaire in that country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by frowland(m): 9:13am On Jun 10, 2019
Elderniercri:

Your logic tho �
A Nigerian businessman who the naira mostly for his business transaction should be tagged as a billionaire if he hits a billion naira or more not in other currencies.

So if you go to Zimbabwe and your money there hit billions then you can also be a billionaire in that country

Why don't you use the so called Naira for foreign trade or use Zimbabwe Dollars for trade? Lame
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Elderniercri(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2019
Ugosample:

But the thing is

E Money for example

Dude is actually a billionaire tho...the last check by those in the know claims he’s even richer that Igbinadion and probably the richest man in the state:

When his daughter got married to a prince in Warri it was rumored that the bride price was in oil wells grin

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by AngelicBeing: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2019
Ugosample:

all these useless rituals Africans should have thrown away since

Let's keep the traditions
but discard the juju and demonism

Demonic powers on the loose in NIGERIA is too much
But telling them to keep traditions and expunge the juju is like telling Buhari to go climb mountain Everest with bathroom slippers, African monarchs cannot do without jazz, they believe and practice it, but my questions to them is why not use the jazz to stop bokoharam, poverty, robbers, kidnapping, unemployment, and all manner of rubbish that has held the African continent on the floor, even with all the jazz, Africa is still backward grin

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by martineverest(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Easy ! Stop shaking tables ! This is Monday please
abeg make I talk wetin dey my mind na
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by bendike: 9:17am On Jun 10, 2019
frowland:
Captain Hosa is a billionaire in pounds and dollars.
Not all billionaires are listed by forbes.
Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Elderniercri(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2019
frowland:

Why don't you use the so called Naira for foreign trade or use Zimbabwe Dollars for trade? Lame

Are you talking about foreign trade or what?

Foreign trade is mostly conducted in dollars...Forbes ranking is almost always in dollars and yet with what you said earlier, someone who’s worth a billion dollars can’t be seen as a billionaire cos he wouldn’t be rich in billions say in pounds or euros

Who’s lame?

1 Like

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2019
Eye service for the cameras. Shebi na this same man buy the white Rolls Royce wey Oba dey use?

Indoors, they would address each other by first name and laugh off the gullibility of commoners.

3 Likes

Re: Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Answering billionaire amd your surrounding and environ is surroinded with abject poverty..he cant coman kill himself tho..

Check my signature/website, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option
Ofcourse, They are seen as Billionaires because they surrounded by poor folks grin

In the land of the blind, a one eyed man is ussually the King.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos In Diaspora Build Mud Houses With Whites To Exhibit Culture / Red-head African People / Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.