Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila (8798 Views)

APC NEC Concluded As Osinbajo Leads Birthday Song For Gbajabiamila & Sanwo-Olu / Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu At Homecoming Reception For Gbajabiamila (Photos) / Okorocha Organises Special Reception For Gbajabiamila In South East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by engreo(m): 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
Less than 48 hours to the election for the presiding officers of the 9th House of Representatives, about 230 members-elect of the House of Representatives have signed endorsement register for Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila as the nation’s next Speaker.

Also, six top contenders have publicly signed to endorse the candidacy of Femi Gbajabiamila and Idris Wase as the Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively.

An overwhelmed Gbajabiamila, however, assured the nation that he and his deputy, Hon. Idris Ahmed Wase will not disappoint Nigerians.

The public endorsement took place at a signing ceremony held at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja last night.

Abdulmumin Jibrin, Director General of the Gbajabiamila/Wase campaign organisation said the reason for the event was to show the world the strength of the Gbajabiamila/Wase team.

He also said 60 members of the opposition parties have signed up for the team while adding that consultation would continue till the day of the election tomorrow.

He said: The pretenders not contenders will know that the are seated in this hall

“This is to show how transparent and our strength is which will be done by signing of endorsement”.

Saying that the meetings would go into executive session after the signing ceremony where important issues of the election would be discussed,

“We know we have the numbers but we don’t want to take anything for granted. In the next 24 hours we have to tighten the knots”.

According to him, over 60 members of the opposition, including the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) have endorsed the frontline contestants, including the South East caucus, led by Him Pat Asadu that adopted Gbajabiamila/Wase team on Sunday afternoon.

“Unlike 2015 we have made a lot of inroad into PDP. We knew we have to consult them and they are not even interested in Committee Chairmanship but to be partners in progress with APC.

He said of the other top contender is unwilling to step down, “There are no problems, we’ll meet on the floor on that day.

“Those supporting the others are hiding, but as we can see, we go everywhere with our supporters. We want to see the strength of the other contenders”.

Deputy Speaker aspirant Idris Wase after appreciated the gathering and for believing in the two aspiring presiding officers.

On his part, Gbajabiamila said: “This is more or less a night of gratitude, we’ve gone round the country.

“We can only thank and not just for the moment but for the next four years.

“This is because if you did not buy into our vision, it will not see the light of the day

“But with this we are convinced the 9th Assembly will be like no other, a legislature where our members will stand shoulder to shoulder with any in the world.

“Where opposition will also be proud. I’m in a vantage position having been an opposition and Majority Leader. That balance gives an edge.”

He thanked Mr. President for being unequivocal on who he wants to work with.

He also appreciated the party and its hierarchy, the Southeast PDP and APGA governors that gave their total support and endorsement, “It is for this reason that you see this amount of support from them.

“I want to assure you that we will not disappoint Nigerians. We will do our best to move the nation forward.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/240-reps-elect-sign-up-for-gbajabiamila/

5 Likes

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by Jmk9292(m): 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Good for him....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by garfield1: 12:06am On Jun 10, 2019
It is over.it will be unopposed.where is tuniski,celeiyke,modupe and esseite

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by donolatunji(m): 12:40am On Jun 10, 2019
he's the man jare he's our new speaker of the 9th assembly by Tuesday. ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by yarimo(m): 1:04am On Jun 10, 2019
UMAR BAGO national assembly is not a place where people from UNGUWAN DAJI and LIMAWA people can vote. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by BuhariAdvocate: 1:45am On Jun 10, 2019
Done and dusted.
God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 10, 2019
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by aolawale025: 4:41am On Jun 10, 2019
Stooge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by chiefolododo(m): 5:24am On Jun 10, 2019
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by shox(m): 5:30am On Jun 10, 2019
The best thing to happen in West Africa is the Ebola virus disease...

If it had been left to spread like wild fire, I believe we would have purged ourself of so many bad people...

Just thinking about the renaissance period after the black death episode in Europe embarassed

Gbaja thief. All lawmakers are thieves

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by dam2000(m): 5:31am On Jun 10, 2019
Speak well 4 us bro oduduwa agbe wa o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by swtdrms(m): 5:42am On Jun 10, 2019
This is quite interesting, this is how it should be, some people may claim he is a stooge that is being forced on the 'house' where reverse is the case. The man went round the country to solicit support, convinced state gov's and his colleagues, assures them he knows what he is doing and what's to be done, and people bought into his vision. Compare this to PDP era, where its a inhouse/presidential caucus arrangement. I'm not in anyway badmouthing election/selection process in PDP era, i am only pointing out that this particular candidature process is better.

I can't say same about Lawan's senate aspiration.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by princeade86(m): 5:49am On Jun 10, 2019
All I know is that, gbaja should not be deceive with all dis. He shud be smart, so the thing wunt hit him hard. The guy don spend more money on this election.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by celeiyke: 5:54am On Jun 10, 2019
garfield1:
It is over.it will be unopposed.where is tuniski,celeiyke,modupe and esseite

From The Nation. U must b joking

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by KINGwax007(m): 5:57am On Jun 10, 2019
shox:
The best thing to happen in West Africa is the Ebola virus disease...

If it had been left to spread like wild fire, I believe we would have purged ourself of so many bad people...

Just thinking about the renaissance period after the black death episode in Europe embarassed

Gbaja thief. All lawmakers are thieves
don't worry, someone close to you will contact the virus again. And the purge can start from your family.

You're just a sinner,. pointing fingers to another sinner with the perception that he has a bigger sin. What's the difference between both of you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by Tharaja(m): 6:02am On Jun 10, 2019
Las las, na to pack our millions dem sabi
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by Wolexyoshi(m): 6:03am On Jun 10, 2019
Tinubu's dream of becoming the next president has gather more weight.

Jagaban the strategist.

I just love his ways of politics.

I wish Gbaja well on this.

3 Likes

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by shox(m): 6:06am On Jun 10, 2019
KINGwax007:
don't worry, someone close to you will contact the virus again. And the purge can start from your family.

You're just a sinner,. pointing fingers to another sinner with the perception that he has a bigger sin. What's the difference between both of you?

I agree..
At least I no dey make selfish and stupid laws and I no dey squander people money

1 Like

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by overall90: 6:24am On Jun 10, 2019
The nation grin
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by olisaEze(m): 6:38am On Jun 10, 2019
Already giving vote of thanks before the main election?

Oga don’t count your chicks before they’re hatched, else what happened in....will repeat itself here! grin

1 Like

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by shugabasbn: 6:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Wasting of national resources, whom NASS helped
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by AkataYeriYeri: 6:39am On Jun 10, 2019
aolawale025:
Stooge
But when pdp presents someone . They’re not stooge .
You go dy alright las las

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by Lagbaja01(m): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2019
Now you have caught Ebola.....congrats grin
shox:

I agree..
At least I no dey make selfish and stupid laws and I no dey squander people money
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by emmasege: 6:55am On Jun 10, 2019
May this be another disappointing attempt for Gbajabiamila and Tinubu's Group of Company.

My wish for NIGERIA's House of Representatives tomorrow: ANY OTHER BUT GBAJABIAMILA.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by asobo: 6:59am On Jun 10, 2019
Vanquish is not redeemable.
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by shox(m): 7:03am On Jun 10, 2019
Lagbaja01:
Now you have caught Ebola.....congrats grin

Thanks bro. I'll pass the message to ur mum
She's my sex partner btw
Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by tunderay(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2019
emmasege:
May this be another disappointing attempt for Gbajabiamila and Tinubu's Group of Company.

My wish for NIGERIA's House of Representatives tomorrow: ANY OTHER BUT GBAJABIAMILA.

Your wish can never come to fruition, and you will be alive to see him becoming the speaker, so that you will live with the agony for four years.

5 Likes

Re: 240 Reps-elect Sign Up For Gbajabiamila by cuteluks(f): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal / Kogi Workers Say They Are Not Owed Salaries, Thank Bello On Projects / Fmr Vice President Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Pst E. A Adeboye ( Daddy GO) At 82

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.