Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! (14251 Views)

It Will Be Unfair, Immoral, Unjust For A Northerner To Succeed Buhari -yerima / Femi Gbajabiamia Hosts Some Of His Colleagues In The 9th Assembly / Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by kennynelcon(m): 6:07am On Jun 10, 2019
angry I wonder who is complaining
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by buzzcypha(m): 6:13am On Jun 10, 2019
If they like they should give igbo power, if they like they should not give them power, if you like say they are not united or whatever you like. One thing is certain, nothing last forever, changes will surely come. The people are the foundation of any nation, when the bomb explodes nobody should say they didn't know.

2 Likes

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Sluvist(m): 6:14am On Jun 10, 2019
Igbo lacks any contribution into this administration, as such, they needs to focus more on improving their politics and business activities until the next election session. You can't reap where you didn't sow. Igbos and N)Delta stands as stronghold region to the opposition party, they should try to win election first before other thing.

4 Likes

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Jmk9292(m): 6:17am On Jun 10, 2019
Whatever happens, Nigeria is a federation and as such all should be carried along..
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Urchman200: 6:17am On Jun 10, 2019
I know they are using igbos to maintain one Nigeria, igbo man having been voting in Nigeria for times immemorial for election in have never contested, when it comes to igbo matter we all seems not to make use of conscience anymore, I know is a matter of time igbo man will get justice in this evil entity called Nigeria. A country that is thriving on injustice cannot last the test of time. When they observe their sit at home some fools will complain. I urged all my igbo brothers home and abroad to continue to believe in biafran cause that is the only way out of this evil entity.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:19am On Jun 10, 2019
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

We have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023", they don't want us in the National Assembly".
Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

All these guys below have all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!

See ya NL! wink

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by zoedew: 6:22am On Jun 10, 2019
It will be unjust to reap what you did not sow!
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by NickD(m): 6:25am On Jun 10, 2019
swtdrms:
Nobody accomodates anybody in an arrangement like this. You are to accomodate yourself in a popular arrangement. South East doesn't have a say in an APC dominated arrangement due to its own misdoing. So who's to be blamed?

Any APC member who dare suggests an arrangement for South East in this 9th assembly would be looked up to like a fool, because there's no way he can justify his suggestion. Its better to go with whats politically correct/accurate.

Only if the party wants to cede some position to PDP, but that arrangement would have been calculated to be beneficial to APC as a party and negotiations well done
Political correctness one of the major problems we have among the citizenry.
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 10, 2019
Who marginliasation help? Isn't the North cursed already?
They most underdeveloped region
Highest number of kids not in school
Highest no of street beggars
Let them continue to hold power and slaughter their veryselves

Last time I checked, OBJ been president for 8 years never benefited his own state not to talk of region same goes to all naija leaders so who is deceiving who

2 Likes

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by emptor(m): 6:31am On Jun 10, 2019
you can't eat your cake and have it again, southeast had a very good opportunity to take center stage in the affairs of this nation if they had given Peter obi and Atiku block vote,but no they want to see what the demonic APC and their Muslim agenda can offer them.you cannot embrace your enemy with your two hands round his back.wail till tomorrow nothing for you, instead go and sleep,put your house in order and wait for 2023

1 Like

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by EagleNest(m): 6:32am On Jun 10, 2019
Smokezz:
The southeast are their own enemies..
A vivid example is the case of Peter Obi who was hand-picked by Atiku..
Instead of rallying around one of their own they were busy questioning why he was chosen without their consultation..

They need to learn to achieve more together than looking for individual glory..

The Hausa believes in Team play rather than individual honours..

Very correct!
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by chimebuka90(m): 6:36am On Jun 10, 2019
Please can someone help me how can I make a post here thanks
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Abuleoshi: 6:36am On Jun 10, 2019
Urchman200:
when pdp was in power all religions of the country was accommodated in all positions. Voting power were not considered, until the divide and rule group comes in ,we started hearing that are people that knows politics and others don't know. If an igbo man is billed to contest election in any of the political parties can fulani man vote him ?
But the South East was voting "massively" for PDP in those years, so it was ok for PDP to "carry them along" in sharing positions. Their 2015 & 2019 voting pattern is what put them in one chance so. Igbos don't know how to play politics, they can only make noise and insult people on social media!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by franchasng: 6:39am On Jun 10, 2019
Mr. Igbokwe with all due respect, you are a mad man.

Stop using Igbo name to fight for your pocket.

Igbos don't care about Senate or Reps, we don't care. If they like, they should elect Osama Bin Laden as Nigeria's senate President, Speaker and their deputies, it has nothing to do with Igbos.

All you useless APC politicians from Southeast will be dragging the prestigious name of Igbo tribe into your personal fight to survive, fools sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by franchasng: 6:48am On Jun 10, 2019
Abuleoshi:

But the South East was voting "massively" for PDP in those years, so it was ok for PDP to "carry them along" in sharing positions. Their 2015 & 2019 voting pattern is what put them in one chance so. Igbos don't know how to play politics, they can only make noise and insult people on social media!
Mr. Abuleoshi, since 2015 that APC has been in power with Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis controlling the Nigerian government, tell me honestly, have you made up to 20million naira or bought a new house or a new car worth at leat 5million naira through APC government

Mr. Abuleoshi, please be honest, has APC in any way helped your family become richer since 2015, look at yourself and your family well before you answer with all sincerity.

See my point is, stop killing yourself about my tribeman or village man is the senate president or speaker or even governor, if he is not your direct relative, it won't pay you, so stop all these famzing.

Do you know that u that if an Igbo or Ijaw man who is your real friend becomes a senator or governor, it will pay you more than that your tribesman u are killing yourself for

All these tribal politics won't make u or other Yoruba youths richer, or has the fact that Yorubas have been ruling Nigeria since 1970 made Yoruba youths richer than Igbo or Ijaw or even Bini youths

Wake up oh before its too late.

Most of the people I have done profitable businesses with that worth millions are Yorubas, Hausas, Bini, etc, stop allowing tribal hatred to limit your potentials. Stop being a tribalist for your own future

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by StoneLucifer: 6:48am On Jun 10, 2019
Abuleoshi:

U that is an expert in playing politics, what have u as an individual or your family members gained from the politicians in power. Abeg go sit down first.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Urchman200: 6:49am On Jun 10, 2019
Abuleoshi:

did yorubas vote for pdp in 1999?didn't they get any position in pdp government?didn't the yurobas ruled Nigeria in 1999 did they vote for pdp?we should learn to go back to history and stop making others look like as if they are new in the politics ,it's igbo today it might yurobas tomorrow we all should learn to stand on the side of justice at times it's will not hurt ok.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Gforce2019: 6:50am On Jun 10, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
The SE is far beyond Nigerian politics, we are going global.
I'm already positioning my unborn child to become the next black POTUS shocked

the above comments is just to encourage your fellow yeebos, Charity begins at home.
Your people has voted blindly because they hate Buhari . I'm sure all the senators representing SE are PDP.

What a shallow way of thinking!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Gforce2019: 6:54am On Jun 10, 2019
Urchman200:
did yorubas vote for pdp in 1999?didn't they get any position in pdp government?didn't the yurobas ruled Nigeria in 1999 did they vote for pdp?we should learn to go back to history and stop making others look like as if they are new in the politics ,it's igbo today it might yurobas tomorrow we all should learn to stand on the side of justice at times it's will not hurt ok.

You are not sincere t to yourself. What was the position in 1999? Yoruba also suffered d same thing in the past.
You will always live by the choice you make in life.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by icankel: 6:55am On Jun 10, 2019
WolverineLives:
Until igbos have sense...
Am sure u and ur family members sleeps and wake from Aso rock
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Gforce2019: 6:58am On Jun 10, 2019
franchasng:
Mr. Abuleoshi, since 2015 that APC has been in power with Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis controlling the Nigerian government, tell me honestly, have you made up to 20million naira or bought a new house or a new car worth at leat 5million naira through APC government

Mr. Abuleoshi, please be honest, has APC in any way helped your family become richer since 2015, look at yourself and your family well before you answer with all sincerity.

See my point is, stop killing yourself about my tribeman or village man is the senate president or speaker or even governor, if he is not your direct relative, it won't pay you, so stop all these famzing.

Do you know that u that if an Igbo or Ijaw man who is your real friend becomes a senator or governor, it will pay you more than that your tribesman u are killing yourself for

All these tribal politics won't make u or other Yoruba youths richer, or has the fact that Yorubas have been ruling Nigeria since 1970 made Yoruba youths richer than Igbo or Ijaw or even Bini youths

Wake up oh before its too late.

Most of the people I have done profitable businesses with that worth millions are Yorubas, Hausas, Bini, etc, stop allowing tribal hatred to limit your potentials. Stop being a tribalist for your own future

Go and sit down . An average Igbo man is tribalitical in nature. He cannot be trusted. It is better seeing my Yoruba brother in the position than seeing my Igbo friend in that position. I'm speaking from experience.

4 Likes

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by tuniski: 6:59am On Jun 10, 2019
anonymous1759:
... Shatap you, when the south east were doing back to Daura Issa Goal, Atiku Aguero, like for Atiku Share for Buhari. You didn't think twice. You guys called all manner of people coward. akpabio, Ambode etc These Men you insult have a better foresight than your intelligent Saraki. At least a Ministerial Appointment is waiting for them. You can't Reap what did not Sow. Happy wailing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lame! Saraki is ahead of the akpabios and Ambodes of this world put together.
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by franchasng: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2019
emptor:
you can't eat your cake and have it again, southeast had a very good opportunity to take center stage in the affairs of this nation if they had given Peter obi and Atiku block vote,but no they want to see what the demonic APC and their Muslim agenda can offer them.you cannot embrace your enemy with your two hands round his back.wail till tomorrow nothing for you, instead go and sleep,put your house in order and wait for 2023
Stop crying more than the bereaved or are you a hired mourner

Igbos are not complaining. The generality and majority of Igbos don't even care who becomes senate president or deputy or speaker or whatever.

Igbos only wanted Buhari out because Buhari is a failure as a President. He failed himself, his family and Nigerians.

He failed in economy, he failed in security. He failed in uniting Nigeria, so what else remains

Stop listening to all these Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani corrupted APC politicians from Southeast using Igbo tribe's name to fight for their personal business and political relevance, Igbos don't care about them and their selfish fight.

Igbos are more concerned about peaceful division of Nigeria since Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas hate Nigeria to develop and advance through fair and competent leadership of inclusiveness and honesty.

If Nigeria is working and advancing, Igbos won't be asking for freedom.

As a talented person, u cannot allow some dimwit retards to be undermining your potentials in the name of being in one group with them, common sense demands u separate from failures to be on your own and distinguish yourself by doing things your own way.

Is that not why music groups split

If 2face had remained with Plantazion Boys who would have seen his talent as seen today

Igbos want to be on their own to avoid Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas holding them back from unleashing their great potentials not that we hate Hausa-Fulanis or Yorubas, it is for peace and progress to reign among every tribe

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by maasoap(m): 7:00am On Jun 10, 2019
The tittle of the thread says something about "South East" but the yeye man ended up wailing about "Muslims"! Which one? Religion or region?

3 Likes

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by rusher14: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2019
Urchman200:
when pdp was in power all religions of the country was accommodated in all positions. Voting power were not considered, until the divide and rule group comes in ,we started hearing that are people that knows politics and others don't know. If an igbo man is billed to contest election in any of the political parties can fulani man vote him ?

All regions were vested in PDP.

Nobody called them Islamic.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by safetyInspector(m): 7:01am On Jun 10, 2019
As much as the majority of South East are in PDP but their APC members put a good show for President Buhari in the last election. Compare 2019 to 2015 presidential election you will notice that they performed much better than their South West counterparts. Buhari got more votes from South East in 2019 than in 2015 and the reverse was the case in South West. They deserved to be appreciated if APC is a party of equity. NASS leadership is a way of appreciating good party member, it is directly of no value to a region as a whole. Even Kwara State as we know is a cesspit yet Saraki was a Senate President. All the positions are for personal gain so APC should be reasonable enough to appreciate their co-party members who stood by them against all odds.
anonymous1759:
... Shatap you, when the south east were doing back to Daura Issa Goal, Atiku Aguero, like for Atiku Share for Buhari. You didn't think twice. You guys called all manner of people coward. akpabio, Ambode etc These Men you insult have a better foresight than your intelligent Saraki. At least a Ministerial Appointment is waiting for them. You can't Reap what did not Sow. Happy wailing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by killsmith(f): 7:02am On Jun 10, 2019
When kanu tell my people not to participate in any fraudulent elections some of them begin to cry Wolf.

Nigeria is a fraud.

By voting, you keep endorsing the fraud that's begin perpetuated.
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by Urchman200: 7:02am On Jun 10, 2019
Gforce2019:

You are not sincere t to yourself. What was the position in 1999? Yoruba also suffered d same thing in the past.
You will always live by the choice you make in life.

was Obasanjo from igbo land is he not a yoruba man?
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by franchasng: 7:02am On Jun 10, 2019
Gforce2019:

Go and sit down . An average Igbo man is tribalitical in nature. He cannot be trusted. It is better seeing my Yoruba brother in the position than seeing my Igbo friend in that position. I'm speaking from experience.
good luck Abuleoshi, may God grant your heart desire as you have asked for here
Re: It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! by bixton(m): 7:03am On Jun 10, 2019
They ask:What did the Southeast bring to the table? When did that become a national benchmark for national inclusion on the basis of population, spread and just whatever?

Yes, exactly what did the SE bring. Even judging by population spread,etc,etc, I'd even say apart from it going to the SS, I think the middle belt/NC should have a stake at it.

If you have six or ten offices to share among six geopolitical zones,why would any zone take two at the expense of others?We can now see through the hypocrisy of some of our so-called leaders!

Based on their contribution that should be the ideal thing. This is politics and a zone will not just play opposition completely and expect to be carried along with juicy appointments/offices. Doing that will mean they can continue to do that and get away with it. The SE should be the ones who are actually hypocrites.

Again,as I said before, I have always found that laughable, because, the Southeast voted for the APC, but results were written against APC by the Southeast PDP which, I believe, was done in connivance with a part of APC high command. 

Please show your proof. This is ridiculous. Even an unborn child knew what happened.

Among those currently on parade as national and regional leaders of the Party I see no head that can fly past all the realities I have itemised;unless and,of course,until the Party chooses to retrace its steps from the path of perdition that we have witnessed in recent times.Thank you."

The party leaders will do whatever they feel is in the best interest of the party.
The SE set a precedent for herself. Well let them enjoy what they began till they retrace their steps in the interest of their zone and not for personal interest.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano/Maradi Railway Work Begins February 2021 / Water Scarcity Hits Abuja / Kingsley Moghalu Dances To Ogene Music (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.