Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity (10133 Views)

Foreign Investors Pull Out N310bn Assets, As P&G, Equinor Exit Nigeria / Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri / Foreign Investors Waiting For A Buhari Loss Before Investing In Nigerian Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by berrystunn(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2019
helinues:
They are not real investors

Security is even better now compared to 4 years ago ?

Better in your room ??
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by landforeast(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2019
But are is hell bent on destroying Nigeria
And selfish Individuals with him keep singing praises to him after they will call themselves Patriots.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Afospecialk: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2019
So bad
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by chloride6: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2019
What a sensational headline...

Inflows into the economy are stronger than ever..

Investors pull money out for various reasons..

Include maturity of investment..

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by SarkinYarki: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol this guy think domestic investors are stupid. Are they reading different charts or something. People invest to make returns on investment not to burn money.

we don't call them zombies for nothing!!!

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Obiohai: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2019
A lot of people are saying contrary things like "it's not true" and "they can go as others will come"
The fact is these foreign investors know more about security issues than at least 80% of the Nigerian populace.
For those who doubt, do we also know that US consulate in Nigeria has stopped Drop Box visa application? Do you think all these are unconnected?
This is Nigeria and currently, she is very sick. As Sunny Okoson said, "let's save Nigeria so Nigeria won't die. He asked and indeed still asking ...Which way Nigeria.??

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by berrystunn(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2019
contigiency:
They didn't pull out when boko haram was harassing the entire country up to the point of bumbing Abuja especially the United nations building and other areas.

They didn't pull out when Niger delta was boiling with militants bombing and exploding pipelines as if they were opening pure water bags.

And they didn't pull out when herdsmen issues were uncontrollable and many more. I simply don't believe this news headline.

I believe the investors pulled out for other reasons. They are free to go as many others will come in a matter of weeks.

Wake up
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by osaweseforme(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2019
You can't give what you don't have......they are pulling out cos the CinC is clueless about governance, no blueprint, just nada
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by SarkinYarki: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
helinues:

Over 3000 dead in the first quarter of this year already and over 30 thousand killed in 4 years of Buhari , today Nigeria is the Kidnapp capital of the world with 100s kidnapped daily yet you say security is better? Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by BuhariAdvocate: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
More to come all those stupid companies that pdp accommodated in illegal way and still don't want to follow the new rule that government give them shall be kicked out. Leave our country go to your country where there is no rule of law.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
JasonScoolari:
How will the economy look good when foreign investors are nervous about Nigeria’s macroeconomic and monetary outlook, especially the increasing political risks. No thanks to the gross incompetence of Baba Lifeless who's born to fail in all aspect.

How will our economy return back to it's rightful place where GEJ left it when Baba Lifeless is going about making unguarded speech about the citizens of his country?

Have you take a look at how President Paul Kagame is making Rwanda's economy attractive for foreign investors? Now that's a great leader if you ask.

But here in Nigeria, Baba Lifeless is closing everywhere like a mallam closing his kiosk for Friday prayers.

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 10, 2019
contigiency:
They didn't pull out when boko haram was harassing the entire country up to the point of bumbing Abuja especially the United nations building and other areas.

They didn't pull out when Niger delta was boiling with militants bombing and exploding pipelines as if they were opening pure water bags.

And they didn't pull out when herdsmen issues were uncontrollable and many more. I simply don't believe this news headline.

I believe the investors pulled out for other reasons. They are free to go as many others will come in a matter of weeks.

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by lastempero: 10:55am On Jun 10, 2019
helinues:

Modified: To those quoting me: Is simple yes or No answers hard for Una?

Between the security now and 4 years ago, which one is better?

Do you eat through your anus or BMC formation.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by SoNature(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2019
tactius:

It is still bad.

Boko down yes, but herdsmen, banditry, kidnapping.

And government insisting on price controls in the petrol and power sector is making things worse.

Mr APC man, tell Buhari that it is becoming like pdp times here.

If the government doesn’t control prices, Nigerians will suffer.

A typical Nigerian is a very greedy man who takes advantage of every bad situation.

Take, for instance, how buses and bike riders hike their fares because there was rainfall.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by bayelsaowei(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2019
helinues:

Modified: To those quoting me: Is simple yes or No answers hard for Una?

Between the security now and 4 years ago, which one is better?
are you for real?? Are you freaking alright??
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by wisdomkid: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2019
contigiency:

You're the biggest fool of the day.
Congratulations.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by SoNature(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
More to come all those stupid companies that pdp accommodated in illegal way and still don't want to follow the new rule that government give them shall be kicked out. Leave our country go to your country where there is no rule of law.

When you see babies write, you will know.
You are obviously one of them.
I remember how Obasanjo was traveling from one country to another to engage the global business community and convince them to do business in Nigeria.
Buhari squandered millions of naira of taxpayer's money on travels, yet there's nothing to show for it.
Today, most of the companies that "the evil PDP" once attracted are pulling trillions of naira out of your economy, you are making silly excuses.
Tomorrow, you will wonder why there's so much unemployment and crime in the country.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by scrupulousboy: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2019
The government should do the needful to encourage the local investors..
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by scrupulousboy: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2019
The government should do the needful to encourage the local investors.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by chinedumoooo: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2019
When the exchange rate is stable,they are not serious and not telling us the truth.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2019
SoNature:

If the government doesn’t control prices, Nigerians will suffer.

A typical Nigerian is a very greedy man who takes advantage of every bad situation.

Take, for instance, how buses and bike riders hike their fares because there was rainfall.

Laughed at the rainfall bit.

On a more serious note, price controls means millions that could have been spent on other things gets spent controlling prices. And the main issue is, power and petroleum, the two sectors where there are price controls earn less cash.

Which is why, for example, petrol is smuggled across the border to Niger for example, where fuel is above 300 naira per liter.

And with oil prices falling, meaning revenues falling, Nigeria does not have the cash to even find subsides. Even if we dealt with the corrupt properly

We did not have price controls in the GSM sector. Look at how well developed it is, and how many jobs it has created as a result.

So government should stop controlling prices. Yes, things would be more expensive, but eventually investment flows in, more jobs are created, and money is saved and spent on things like roads, rail, schools, etc.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by 1x2x3: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2019
contigiency:

Those investors know the reality on ground and have true detail of what our poor economic and security challenges pose for their investments. Keep believing the lies your government is feeding the public.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by sapientia(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2019
Not a surprise to me.

Only Zombie Clans will doubt the news.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by SoNature(m): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2019
tactius:

Laughed at the rainfall bit.

On a more serious note, price controls means millions that could have been spent on other things gets spent controlling prices. And the main issue is, power and petroleum, the two sectors where there are price controls earn less cash.

Which is why, for example, petrol is smuggled across the border to Niger for example, where fuel is above 300 naira per liter.

And with oil prices falling, meaning revenues falling, Nigeria does not have the cash to even find subsides. Even if we dealt with the corrupt properly

We did not have price controls in the GSM sector. Look at how well developed it is, and how many jobs it has created as a result.

So government should stop controlling prices. Yes, things would be more expensive, but eventually investment flows in, more jobs are created, and money is saved and spent on things like roads, rail, schools, etc.

Again, I beg to differ.

You see, there's no country in the world where the government doesn’t subsidize at least one sector of the economy.

Nigeria's government only subsidizes education, petroleum and probably healthcare. That's not too much to ask.

Let's face it: Nigeria is not a serious country. We just make up one of countries in the world as we don't have definite plans.

For instance, we have a major challenge of porous borders and the talks have been on for years. However, there hasn't been any concrete step or policy to solve it.

And it's not professional to compare mobile phones, which you can live without, to petroleum that affects EVERYTHING around you. I hear that there are places in Kogi State that don't know what a mobile phone is.

If we had been a serious country, we would have built new refineries (and carry out TAM on the old ones) and the government can go on subsidizing the petroleum products. With functional refineries, subsidy wouldn't have much impact on the local economy because the raw materials are locally sourced.

PS: Kachikwu argued that it is cheaper to import refined crude oil than refine it locally. I think I need an expert to convince me in that area because I have a sound understanding of how the upstream sector works.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by kitanga: 11:40am On Jun 10, 2019
Buhari needs to meet Paul Kegame to learn how to run an African country. He is a colossal failure!

N25,000 to one lucky winner everyday. Deposit N200 or more on CloudBet http:///2HDMpM5 to qualify. Up to N1,000,000 CASH to giveaway
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Splashme: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2019
Buhari's gross incompetence is
killing Nigeria
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Kylekent59: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2019
contigiency:

The truth they say, sets one free. Just tell us that APC's administration is crippling the economy and not coming here to defend them.

Who would wanna invest in a country where there ain't security, a country where life is a threat?

With the kidnappings and killings, no sane person would wanna invest.

Why can't you go to Iraq and invest? busy body

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Gunmen Activities Displace 5000 Persons In Akwa Ibom ― Council Chair / PDP Convention: Ayu, Shema, Nazif Battle For National Chairman Position / Kwara: Tunji Moronfoye Apologises To Governor, REC Over Corruption Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.