Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity (10140 Views)

Foreign Investors Pull Out N310bn Assets, As P&G, Equinor Exit Nigeria / Foreign Investors Won’t Be Interested In eNaira – Reno Omokri / Foreign Investors Waiting For A Buhari Loss Before Investing In Nigerian Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Reference(m): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2019
What is my business. I receive foreign cash every week. Nigeria can decide what it wants. I remain attractive to foreign capital in my business at my level. I seek to perform and insulate myself from government including making relentless excuses for them. Off to the prod. floor. See you guys later in the day.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by seguno2: 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
biacan:
Everyone is just pulling out......when will buhari pull out self

Hmm good question. Let me find one zombie to answer that grin

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by AngelicBeing: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
sad
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by OlujobaSamuel: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
tactius:

Laughed at the rainfall bit.

On a more serious note, price controls means millions that could have been spent on other things gets spent controlling prices. And the main issue is, power and petroleum, the two sectors where there are price controls earn less cash.

Which is why, for example, petrol is smuggled across the border to Niger for example, where fuel is above 300 naira per liter.

And with oil prices falling, meaning revenues falling, Nigeria does not have the cash to even find subsides. Even if we dealt with the corrupt properly

We did not have price controls in the GSM sector. Look at how well developed it is, and how many jobs it has created as a result.

So government should stop controlling prices. Yes, things would be more expensive, but eventually investment flows in, more jobs are created, and money is saved and spent on things like roads, rail, schools, etc.
Bro, we have price control in most sectors including telecommunications, that's why minimum call rate is ₦6.60k and SMS is ₦4, our economy is mixed, I'm also against subsidy but the poverty rate in the nation is so high that no democratically elected president in this nation will remove such, the effect will be spiral and might eventually not yield desired result.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by ImoRiver: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
Politicians have killed Nigeria.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by anonimi: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
Reference:
What is my business. I receive foreign cash every week. Nigeria can decide what it wants. I remain attractive to foreign capital in my business at my level. I seek to perform and insulate myself from government including making relentless excuses for them. Off to the prod. floor. See you guys later in the day.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by anonimi: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
tactius:
Laughed at the rainfall bit.

On a more serious note, price controls means millions that could have been spent on other things gets spent controlling prices. And the main issue is, power and petroleum, the two sectors where there are price controls earn less cash.

Which is why, for example, petrol is smuggled across the border to Niger for example, where fuel is above 300 naira per liter.

And with oil prices falling, meaning revenues falling, Nigeria does not have the cash to even find subsides. Even if we dealt with the corrupt properly

We did not have price controls in the GSM sector. Look at how well developed it is, and how many jobs it has created as a result.

So government should stop controlling prices. Yes, things would be more expensive, but eventually investment flows in, more jobs are created, and money is saved and spent on things like roads, rail, schools, etc.

Solid points as usual but need to be moderated slightly.
Government should minimise price controls is more realistic as there is some form of control everywhere.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Maliqcious: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
May God judge U
helinues:
They are not real investors

Security is even better now compared to 4 years ago ?

Modified: To those quoting me: Is simple yes or No answers hard for Una?

Between the security now and 4 years ago, which one is better?
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Maliqcious: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Oh Buhari has answer for Boko boiz?...kidnapping in d north,Fulani herdsmen,arms bandit...
tactius:

And replace with PDP, who had similar issues back when they were in power?

PDP that had no answer for Boko other than to blame Buhari then in opposition for it?

Think outside the APC PDP box

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Angelfrost(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
contigiency:
They didn't pull out when boko haram was harassing the entire country up to the point of bumbing Abuja especially the United nations building and other areas.

They didn't pull out when Niger delta was boiling with militants bombing and exploding pipelines as if they were opening pure water bags.

And they didn't pull out when herdsmen issues were uncontrollable and many more. I simply don't believe this news headline.

I believe the investors pulled out for other reasons. They are free to go as many others will come in a matter of weeks.

This is exactly why the nation continues to move backwards... Every news report that disfavours your gods is fake, but if it makes them look good then it's true...

A lot of nations battle insecurity year in year out, even U.S is not completely safe. But, how many of the equally insecure nations have retrogressed economically on a yearly basis like Nigeria since 2015

How many nations have crime rates skyrocketing astronomically due to acute yearly job losses and unavailability?... How many of such nations continue to deliberately make their countries economically unfit and unattractive to would-be investors?...

Leadership requires intelligence to assemble the right team to properly diagnose and treat the economic malady of your country... Note: The key phrase is "Right Team", which could and should be totally merit based... Obasanjo struck gold with his team in his first term... Buhari needs to swallow his pride, and seek help urgently.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Philak1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
No problem!!

Its a matter of time, we'll bring the money back with our laptops
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by NkayStory(f): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
helinues:

Security is better now?....really?...i can only assume you are joking because no right-thinking person living in Nigeria now will say security is better.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
helinues:
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by CioAngels(f): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
The president should be pleased with this news because he will prefer the killings by his kinsmen than for Nigeria and the poor masses to prosper.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Charly68: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
That is Buhari's change for you.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
Maliqcious:
Oh Buhari has answer for Boko boiz?...kidnapping in d north,Fulani herdsmen,arms bandit...

That is why I said think outside the APC PDP box.

Consider other parties
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
The question that needs to be asked is whether the country is better today than it was a year ago judging by all indices? The answer is a resounding NO! There you have it!!
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Tufunky: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
berrystunn:
APC supporters how business??
We are sorry.
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by biztip: 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
how many APC and other people supporting buhari re investing in Nigeria. they also know their master is a failure. just supporting him for selfish interest. doing biz in Nigeria has grown from worse to worst still nosediving . buhari does not understand economics
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
Next level tinz cool cool cool
Re: Foreign Investors Pull Out N1.77tr Over Insecurity by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
Next level tinz cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biodun Olujimi Wins Ekiti South PDP Senatorial Ticket / Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos / Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.