Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation (20145 Views)

Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters / Maduka Rescues Girl With SARS Stray Bullet And Amputation In Hospital / Pretty Amputee Shares Her Experience When She Went For Amputation 14 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Mustiboy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2019
Polynews:
Why you too de lie?
and what would I gain lying to faceless people about my experiences? Not everyone is a dimwit like ***.
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Adakintroy: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
Tradition v modernity.

Sometimes madernity can be corky. Like he can be the only source of knowledge. Many traditions still old truth. So many modern doctors can learn from them. But they are too arrogant at times.

My friend weh no know how to swim Wan impress. The guy dive into the deep end of the a pool. I no know how him do pass. He manage to reach shallow end. Then started shouting. We drew near, See how shoulder dislocate. All of us just pull back. "The guy was shouting somebody call my wife". See full grow man DE cry like baby.

Someone recommended we take him to the hospital, others said which hispital?..Something weh bone setter go just do within few minutes!..In the end bone setter won. We rush hin there..my guy na woman self be the setter.This woman handle my guy. Guy cry like tata. No shame.

In the end them give am concussion dring. Oga go house sleep till spit comout for mouth. Meanwhile him wife Don DE blame us say na we DE always come call her husband commot for house go flex.

Thank God say next day Oga done DE turn hand DE laugh. Madam apologize. Thanks to bone setters. We all let out a huge relieve.

My point you no go you no know. Respect to bone setters.

4 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by olisaEze(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
adegeye38:
Trado mixes diabolical with their crafts, so i heard though

I heard the same thing too. But just because it’s inexplainable by conventional science, and I don’t understand how it works, doesn’t mean it’s diabolical!

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by springtech(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
Mustiboy:
Traditional bone setters are good but not all of them.

There's a guy in my department who got a fractured leg whilst playing a football match, and he spent 3 months and thereabout in the care of traditional bone setters. The poor guy just wasted his time. his leg got worse, and it later had to be amputated.

His fracture wasn't as serious. If he had visited a medical professional, he wouldn't have had such a bad fate.

Between, an uncle of mine is a traditional bone setter, and I can confidently tell you that he's an aṣṣhole. He has been destroying poor people's bones. My uncle no Sabi work at all. People give reports on his incompetency, and he was once arrested over negligence by the family of a patient under his care.

This part cracked me up. Water almost entered my nose.
THis guy is not nice atall.

4 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by ImOptional: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Mustiboy:

There's a guy in my department who got a fractured leg whilst playing a football match, and he spent 3 months and thereabout in the care of traditional bone setters. The poor guy just wasted his time. his leg got worse, and it later had to be amputated.

His fracture wasn't as serious. If he had visited a medical professional, he wouldn't have had such a bad fate.

Between, an uncle of mine is a traditional bone setter, and I can confidently tell you that he's an aṣṣhole. He has been destroying poor people's bones. My uncle no Sabi work at all. People give reports on his incompetency, and he was once arrested over negligence by the family of a patient under his care.
your uncle is a complete olodo grin grin grin he's just looking for food to eat while destroying other ppls career

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Mustiboy(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
ImOptional:
your uncle is a complete olodo grin grin grin he's just looking for food to eat while destroying other ppls career
but he hold bar small o.
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by sleekman(m): 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2019
Asquare84:
the same thing happen to my late mother, she had an accident and spent six month in the hospital, all hope were gone and doctor recommend amputation of her leg, not until one man recommend taking my mother to one traditional bone setter in kogi state. my brother in less than a month my mother start working normally
My brother you took words off my mouth. Those Kogi state bonesetters Sabi no be small. They are the best in the country. If you suffer a fracture do not allow any bonesetter rebreak your bone. If you do, you will regret it. Ebelle and Ogwa in Edo state used to be good in bones erring but now most of them are 419. Had someone who fell from a palm tree. He spent a month plus and he was going no where. He went to Kogi state and without even wrapping the hand, he was as good as new in a week.

2 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by ImOptional: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
Mustiboy:
but he hold bar small o.
then maybe to massage dislocated joints dey sweet am grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Born2Breed(f): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
DrTee1:
The problem with all these is that there is no research to prove veracity of the traditional bone setters claim.

There is also no uniform benchmark or standards for who can be described as a 'traditional bone setter' or what are the universal equipment/tools employed in the TBS practice.

If that is handled well, with evidence-based and verifiable research to boot, we would know its strengths and limitations - and also be able to export our traditional techniques to the world.

All these claims I'm reading here right now are more like who can 'shout' more 'convincingly'.

Until questionnaires are filled and biostatistics done, it wouldn't be more than some cacophony before the expectant intellectual public.

Forget what it seems. No two illnesses are exactly the same. What works or worked for A may be markedly different from what would work with B.

Four people can come with orthopaedic issues: A may have co-morbid diabetes while B doesn't have diabetes but has overwhelming sepsis. C may just have a simple fracture of the femur while D has comminuted fracture of the thigh with hypertension and chronic kidney injury. No 'traditional bone setter' can treat ALL FOUR OF THEM: A, B C & D under the same roof with 100% success in 4 of them. Impossible. That's why we need statistics.

How to resolve it is easy. Just to do what has been written above. Let's get the confidence interval of what we are saying and we'll be good to go.

Pay a visit to Ogwa in Edo State. How they do it, me I don't know, its like a profession in that town.

They fix any broken bone and if they can't fix it, no hospital can.

2 Likes

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by rapcy(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
Mustiboy:

bros abeggg grin grin no kill me with laugh

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by alexvic12: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
Asquare84:
the same thing happen to my late mother, she had an accident and spent six month in the hospital, all hope were gone and doctor recommend amputation of her leg, not until one man recommend taking my mother to one traditional bone setter in kogi state. my brother in less than a month my mother start working normally

Bone setters!
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Dearlord(m): 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
I believe more in traditional bone setter compared to this ego are money hunger orthopedic.

Thanks to this my village old man by name George who restored my severed broken wrist in few weeks and to the old Man from Enugu who hanged my Dad leg for Six good month from the Carterpiller incident that crushed his leg when he was supervising one idiot at work.
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Redman44(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
This is really interesting smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

I am learning a lot today.

I learn so much on a daily basis from Nairaland.
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by 3moses: 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
I know of a Bone Setter in Ile-Ife Sun State....hes a witch, he heals anything calls bone...
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Ekitiparapo(m): 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nigerians don't value their life!, if you had seen an infected bone( osteomylitis and gangrene) . no one would preach to you to visit an orthopedic surgeon.
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Mylovelife: 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
cheesy
Adakintroy:
Tradition v modernity.

Sometimes madernity can be corky. Like he can be the only source of knowledge. Many traditions still old truth. So many modern doctors can learn from them. But they are too arrogant at times.

My friend weh no know how to swim Wan impress. The guy dive into the deep end of the a pool. I no know how him do pass. He manage to reach shallow end. Then started shouting. We drew near, See how shoulder dislocate. All of us just pull back. "The guy was shouting somebody call my wife". See full grow man DE cry like baby.

Someone recommended we take him to the hospital, others said which hispital?..Something weh bone setter go just do within few minutes!..In the end bone setter won. We rush hin there..my guy na woman self be the setter.This woman handle my guy. Guy cry like tata. No shame.

In the end them give am concussion dring. Oga go house sleep till spit comout for mouth. Meanwhile him wife Don DE blame us say na we DE always come call her husband commot for house go flex.

Thank God say next day Oga done DE turn hand DE laugh. Madam apologize. Thanks to bone setters. We all let out a huge relieve.

My point you no go you no know. Respect to bone setters.

This cracked me up
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by kingEllah(f): 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2019
Traditional bone setters over orthopaedics.

In 2014 I had a fracture in my right hand. I visited the hospital and POP was casted on it. The POP was on my hand for two months and when it was removed, my bone set wrongly. It was bent, my elbow was stiff, the weight of the POP dislocated my ball and socket joint to the point where I could feel my ball under my armpit and my scapula dislocated too. It was just one problem turned to many. After visiting about 3 different hospitals, was told it would have to be amputated.

About some weeks later, I got introduced to this traditional none setter who had to "REBREAK"(if there's any word like that) my hand and started setting it all over.

It was months of serious pain.

So it took an extra 8 months for the hand to heal up because it wasn't corrected properly at first. Fracture that was supposed to heal up in 2 months turned out to be 10 good months.

I recommend traditional bonesetters anytime
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by SIRTee15: 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
Lilimax:
I equally had an accident sometime in 2006 during which I had serious fracture on my two legs
and I was also pregnant of 4 months at that time.The incident happened somewhere at Oniparaga in Ogun state.

I was brought back to Lagos and was about to taken to Igbobi , but my husband insisted that they should not take me to Igbobi.
He has to make inquiries on Ijaw Bone Setter after which he was directed to one Mr Taiwo Bone at Olodi Apapa.

The Bone Setter commenced work immediately and told my hubby not to pay a dime till he finished the work except for his daily transport fare.

Mr Taiwo usually come in very early daily to set the bone. He willl pull the legs to enable it align well after which he will apply some herbs, ties his normal newspaper on the leg followed by a bandage.
At this period, the pains I experienced was usually nothing to write home about.

I was restricted to a position (On my bed) for 4 months.

My Taiwo gave us a word that after I month I will stand up for the first time shocked

so what happened eventually...

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by DrTee1(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
Born2Breed:

Pay a visit to Ogwa in Edo State. How they do it, me I don't know, its like a profession in that town.

They fix any broken bone and if they can't fix it, no hospital can.

It brings us to the statistics. Statistics show, for example, and it is scientifically established, that the global headquarters of multiple pregnancy is a town in South West Nigeria and somewhere in India.

Statistics show that the largest collection of fruit bats in West Africa, if not globally, may be in the Obafemi Awolowo University in Ife.

Everything that is to be proven must be done by providing STATISTICS. Not unproven claims.
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Born2Breed(f): 12:58am On Jun 11, 2019
DrTee1:

It brings us to the statistics. Statistics show, for example, and it is scientifically established, that the global headquarters of multiple pregnancy is a town in South West Nigeria and somewhere in India.

Statistics show that the largest collection of fruit bats in West Africa, if not globally, may be in the Obafemi Awolowo University in Ife.

Everything that is to be proven must be done by providing STATISTICS. Not unproven claims.

Research statistics....
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Lilimax(f): 8:19am On Jun 11, 2019
SIRTee15:

so what happened eventually...
I stood up for the first time after one month. I started walking with two crutches, then One after which I graduated to Walking stick.

After like 6 months I started walking unaided.
All to the glory of God.
If you see me you'll not know I ever had accident on both legs without being told.

These guys are performing jare!
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Streetgent: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2019
I would like to know if they can straighten curved bones caused by rickets (bow-leg) in people or k-leg. cry
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by decatalyst(m): 11:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
1zynnvn:
something similar happened to my friend,tinzo during the first semester of our final year in futo back then, Fibular broke into two, was held by just flesh, very scary sight.
was saved by these traditional bone setters, it took so long, 3,4 months for him to finally regain use of the leg.

The surprising thing was that the baskat was still lashing babes with the broken leg.

Help me tell him he is a fool because of the bolded grin
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by 1zynnvn(m): 12:37am On Jun 12, 2019
decatalyst:

Help me tell him he is a fool because of the bolded grin

OK mtn customer service agent, mr babatunde.
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Juliearth(f): 5:59am On Jun 12, 2019
Lilimax:
I equally had an accident sometime in 2006 during which I had serious fracture on my two legs
and I was also pregnant of 4 months at that time.The incident happened somewhere at Oniparaga in Ogun state.

I was brought back to Lagos and was about to taken to Igbobi , but my husband insisted that they should not take me to Igbobi.
He has to make inquiries on Ijaw Bone Setter after which he was directed to one Mr Taiwo Bone at Olodi Apapa.

The Bone Setter commenced work immediately and told my hubby not to pay a dime till he finished the work except for his daily transport fare.

Mr Taiwo usually come in very early daily to set the bone. He willl pull the legs to enable it align well after which he will apply some herbs, ties his normal newspaper on the leg followed by a bandage.
At this period, the pains I experienced was usually nothing to write home about.

I was restricted to a position (On my bed) for 4 months.

My Taiwo gave us a word that after I month I will stand up for the first time shocked

I had goose pimples reading this. I can imagine how difficult it must have been being immobile for months. I have question though: How did you manage to ease yourself in these months of immobility?
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Juliearth(f): 6:12am On Jun 12, 2019
kingEllah:
Traditional bone setters over orthopaedics.

In 2014 I had a fracture in my right hand. I visited the hospital and POP was casted on it. The POP was on my hand for two months and when it was removed, my bone set wrongly. It was bent, my elbow was stiff, the weight of the POP dislocated my ball and socket joint to the point where I could feel my ball under my armpit and my scapula dislocated too. It was just one problem turned to many. After visiting about 3 different hospitals, was told it would have to be amputated.

About some weeks later, I got introduced to this traditional none setter who had to "REBREAK"(if there's any word like that) my hand and started setting it all over.

It was months of serious pain.

So it took an extra 8 months for the hand to heal up because it wasn't corrected properly at first. Fracture that was supposed to heal up in 2 months turned out to be 10 good months.

I recommend traditional bonesetters anytime

Kaiiiii!! You deserve some accolades my sister. The pain is better imagined than felt. I know how ordinary dislocation hurts (because I have been there ) how much more fracture and dislocation at the same time. My own dislocated knee was fixed in the hospital and for over 9 years, I have been battling with it( its subluxated and pulls out easily because the doctor didn't do justice to it). I have been asked to visit these traditionalists so I can have it sorted once and for all, but fear won't let me. The idea of my knee joint being dismantled and fixed back without anaesthetics and then being immobile is making me weak .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by decatalyst(m): 9:30am On Jun 12, 2019
1zynnvn:

OK mtn customer service agent, mr babatunde.

Eshey oo. Mr profiler
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Lilimax(f): 7:37am On Jun 13, 2019
Juliearth:

I had goose pimples reading this. I can imagine how difficult it must have been being immobile for months. I have question though: How did you manage to ease yourself in these months of immobility?
I usually poo and wee on the same spot with the aid of type of tray given to my hubby by our family Doctor.
The experience them was very traumatic to me but in all I came out victorious. smiley
Re: Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation by Juliearth(f): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
Lilimax:
I usually poo and wee on the same spot with the aid of type of tray given to my hubby by our family Doctor.
The experience them was very traumatic to me but in all I came out victorious. smiley

Damnnnnn!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Foods And Fruits Are Best For Slimming Down? / How Long Do You Use Your Toothbrush Before You Change It? / Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.