Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki (6542 Views)

Obaseki Discloses ‘the Bottom Line’ Of His Quarrel With Oshiomhole / Suleiman Abba Loses APC Senatorial Ticket, Asks God To Deal With Oshiomhole / APC Crisis: Shehu Sani "Oshiomhole Is Coming Too Late, We Are Leaving" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Antoeni(m): 10:29am On Jun 10, 2019
Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki has described the alleged infraction between him and his predecessor and National Chairman of the Party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole as fake news.

Obaseki, who also spoke on his second term bid form the first time, says whether he gets a second term in office or not depends entirely on God and the people of Edo state, especially on how much they think he has impacted their lives.

The Edo state governor, who spoke with newsmen on Sunday night in Abuja shortly after attending a meeting of the Progressive Governors Forum, however, did not elaborate on the two issues.

When asked about the infraction, Obaseki simply said “there is no infraction between me and the National Chairman of the party. It is all in the press. It is all fake news.”

There has been reports in the media in recent times of a crisis between the governor and his former boss with many insinuating it got to a head when the governor failed to show up for the annual Okpekpe 10 km race in May.

President Muhammadu Buhari reportedly intervened in the crisis last week, bringing the two together to discuss.

Sources close to the governor confirmed the intervention of the President on the alleged crisis, saying “the President called them and they have been talking. I can tell you that there is nothing serious going on between them really”
Asked about his second term bid, the governor who was believed to be the engine room of Oshiomhole’s governance in Edo state, simply said: “My second term is left to God and the people of Edo state. At the end of the day, the people will decide depending on how much they see that we have added value to their lives.”

On his programme for the people of Edo state, Obaseki said: “As you know, we are the only APC state in the entire South South and the south east. So, we want to be flag bearer for what APC should represent as a party.

“I have things like industrialisation, ensuring economic growth by building production centres, industrial parks and ensuring that government serves as an enabler. That is key for us.

“So, we have been spending time improving the business climate so that people can do business more easily in the state. Hopefully, that will have a snowball effect on the region.

“I promised to create 200,000 jobs in our first four years in office. As at the last count, we have exceeded 90,000 and we are still counting. As you are aware, these jobs are coming in from various aspect of industries, technology, ICT, education, the services and now, we are investing in production hubs where we bring electricity, water and security into specific locations and invite people to come and set up in those particular locations.

“What we are doing which is different and which we are very excited about is education reform, particularly basic education reform in Edo state.

“We have trained over 10,000 teachers in our basic education system, we have introduced technology. Now, we can track when teachers are in class, we can track when students are in class and for about 200,000 kids in our basic schools, we have supplied them almost one million books.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/my-supposed-quarrel-with-oshiomhole-is-fake-news-says-obaseki/

3 Likes

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by KristaPretty(f): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2019
That one concern una two

sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Afospecialk: 10:32am On Jun 10, 2019
Enemy of progress always cook up stories to disabilitize oppositions

How ar we sure that this one too is not a fake news?
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Jmk9292(m): 10:38am On Jun 10, 2019
In Nigeria if ur not a witness of any event be ready to get an exaggerated and fake version of the news..... I doubt every news in Nigeria
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by evansjeff(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2019
We the good people of Edo state are aware of this my able Governor. May God continue to use you and your predecessor to do great things for the good people of Edo state. Wailers are looking for a fight by all means, but they will surely fail.

15 Likes

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2019
That was the same shit fatty Ambode was saying. The rest is history now...

4 Likes

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Guyman02: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2019
It's the same thing that Ambode said, where is he today?
It's better you tell us that you had some disagreement with Oshiomole which has been resolved since it's natural for people to disagree on some issues.

1 Like

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by helinues: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2019
Election is around the corner

Tones softly
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by DaBogu: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2019
Voting Buhari in 2015 was a very big lesson & a learning curve to me.

As It opened my eyes & taught me how to identify GREAT LEADERS.

Its complicated but let me summarize it to:
- Passion
- Achievements
- Past Actions.
- Mentality

What are his passions? Does he have passion
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by omoboriowo2019: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2019
"AS HE THEY HOT"

FOREIGN USED HP SPLIT (CONVERTIBLE & DETACHABLE) Corei3 LAPTOP FOR SALE

TOUCHSCREEN: YES
WEBCAM: YES
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 500GB
FREE ORIGINAL CHARGER: YES
PRICE: 70K

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by id911(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2019
I don't understand why Edo people always vote in ugly peeps as their governor. Tufia...

Can't they see how handsome and swagalicious Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom, Wike of Rivers, Governor Makinde of Oyo and other PDP governors are? Their good looks may be the reason they're performing

3 Likes

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2019
PDP the mischievous rumour mongers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by ArmaniUhuru: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2019
Two weeks ago, an apc chieftain and some supporters called you names.

Just last week, you said something about ending godfatherism. And the controversial Oshiomhole sees himself as your godfather. Now you’re claiming all is well.

Clap for yourself.

Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Kharol1234: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2019
pls help.
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by beelDamil0: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2019
Money matter again!
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Mouthpis(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
That was the same shit fatty Ambode was saying. The rest is history now...

God bless u. Ambode kept on denying until, like u said, its history today.

We are watching...
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Gkemz: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2019
Everyone is quarrelling with that ugly midget. Most controversial party with controversial politicians.

Obaseki promised 200000 jobs but was able to provide 80000 jobs though not close to half of what he promised for fours having spent two years already. He deserves a round of applause for fulfilling part of his promises but he still needs to do more.
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2019
Good to know. We must keep our differences outside and focus on what matters, developing Edo state of our dreams.

It's time to work
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by bangbangall: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
Next....
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by PureMind2: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
Noted
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Shile00ex: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
This is Nigeria, who should we believe, the media or mr. Obaseki.
Re: My Supposed Quarrel With Oshiomhole Is Fake News, Says Obaseki by Davidkingdom: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2019
Alright!
Noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Attacks President Elect Asiwaju Jagaban Bola Tinubu Video / Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State / Muslim Congress Condemns Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.