Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:48 PM

Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? (26147 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Westsida: 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
ttemmi:
I chew in order to avoid swallowing stones in meals like Garri.

Stones bawo? Haaba

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Bbbwings: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
greggng:
Anyone chewing swallow needs deliverance....
Exactly..
Something that is already soft for easy digestion,
You'll now chew again?
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by iammiracle1(m): 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lol, i have never chewed swallow, it sounds weird, surprised seeing many people here see it as normz

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
ibkayee:

After playing hard to get many of you will end up in night vigil at 35. Mcheew

2 Likes

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by 1x2x3: 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
See how we are losing our culture and heritage...... Who uses spoon for Swallow? Why chew eba or semo? No one born in the 80s wil try such rubbish

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibkayee(f): 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
GoTV:

After playing hard to get many of you will end up in night vigil at 35. Mcheew
cry

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by AkataYeriYeri: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
I never heard people chew amala o
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Mexyz(m): 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
How do you even chew swallow
Imagine chewing fufu with Ogbono or Okro soup, haba na.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by bigl: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
ibietela2:

Lol

I'm telling u bro ... people don abuse me well well ... i no send ....

U know, na one nasty experience dey teach to "bone face" ... may u not experience a bone sitting majestically across your throat o

2 Likes

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibkayee(f): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:
I never heard people chew amala o
Lmao
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
dominique:

I know. I just can't figure out how one can swallow morsels of food without chewing first.

You chew fufu or garrri? What d fvck man?? I bet you don't enjoy it.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by emaopel: 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
Swallow food is not for chewing
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Mexyz(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
ibkayee:

cry
Lol, this babe funny o
A perfect reply to Mr Gotv
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibkayee(f): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
Mexyz:
Lol, this babe funny o
A perfect reply to Mr Gotv
Lol you know the guy?
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Manweysabi(m): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
My immediate elder brother chew anything.
One night when we were little, they used to put soup (of course with meat) in one plate for the 5 of us in the house.
My elder brother was always accused of stealing meat in the plate of soup because of the way he chew Eba or Akpu... He had to prove by opening his mouth and showed us that it wasn't meat he was chewing... Lol
Memory lane

The day I tried chewing fufu the way my brother chews his, I spit the food out.
That feeling you get when you swallowed food is passing your throat, mehn... Can't explain it. cool

4 Likes

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibietela2(m): 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
bigl:

I'm telling u bro ... people don abuse me well well ... i no send ....

U know, na one nasty experience dey teach to "bone face" ... may u not experience a bone sitting majestically across your throat o

I don't like soup with bone sef, especially those small small fishes

2 Likes

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by CaptainMitch: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
I don't like my hand stinking of soup cheesy
Jaynom:

So we plenty?! I used spoon to eat Fu-Fu at a Restaurant in ANAMBRA STATE, those guys looked at me like I was from Mars! grin
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2019
It's a swallow meal, I swallow it.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Reelmii: 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
Jmk9292:
Hmm..The thought or picture of one chewing swallows (garri, pounded yam, semo ,wheat, ) etc looks like you watching a dog eat swallows... Disgusting Huh? Swallows are to be swallowed without fear nor favour.. That can only be decent enough.
dont mind all this people chewing

why is it called swallow in the first place if it was meant to be chewed

and who is that mgbeke feeling funky that says he uses spoon.... bilike say na water him dey use clean yarsh for toilet
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by shrimati(m): 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
I actually don't know, I just eat, life is too short to bother if I am to swallow or chew..... But come
Why would you swallow a sweet food just like that ehnnnn?
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Kvngyemi0407(m): 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
If it was meant to be chewed then why is it called "swallow" undecided undecided
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ripo(m): 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
I think one is supposed to chew 'swallows' because they are mostly carbohydrates. Digestion of carbohydrates begin from the mouth, where they are acted upon by the enzyme - ptyalin (an amylase, secreted in saliva). For good mixing, one is supposed to chew carbohydrates. I know most Nigerians swallow 'swallows', but it is a wrong practice. Any contrary opinion? Let's learn please.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Olorunnim: 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
I Chew Everything, even Candies Aka Sweet ie TomTom.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Ubdavis(m): 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
I wonder the level enjoyment u derived buy just swallowing stuff without chewing abit of it. As for I me, shew tenderly, gari, fufu, semo, poundi, albo, Tuo, etc. I enjoy it like shiit
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
I chew. Can't swallow else I choke. cry

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Lanretoye(m): 12:01am On Jun 12, 2019
who ever makes Eba and chews it cannot be trusted.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:02am On Jun 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I still chew it, especially pounded yam and white soup with plenty goat meat. But i eat with a spoon, never my hand.

Who ask you all these ones? undecided
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by sexiestharam(f): 12:02am On Jun 12, 2019
5sims:
For swallows, somehow I manage to separate the soup from the mould of swallow once in my mouth � the mould is swallowed while I chew the soup. This way I never swallow bone.
Your eating involves so many technicalities. grin
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Sharmeenator(m): 12:05am On Jun 12, 2019
theButterfly:
I chew but I eat fast. I try to remind myself when I eat to slow down, take my time and not eat like a goat. You're supposed to chew food an average of 32 times before swallowing - b|c it takes that many times to break them down. Of course, soft, water-filled, non-solid food can require less chews, like watermelon, while others can require up to 40 chews, like nuts and hard meat.

Sure, if it's food you swallow: poundo, amala, etc. But other than that you're supposed to chew food. Who told you this, Ib? smiley

Chew a morsel 32 times before swallowing undecided?

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nicklaus619(m): 12:05am On Jun 12, 2019
I have developed a skill over the years, I don't chew the swallow, rather I chew the soup on top of the swallow and then swallow it, that's the best way to eat, you ain't suppose to chew your swallow, y'all saying you chew your swallow, be chewing fufu too , try chewing your fufu and u smell fufu fufu for the rest of the day grin
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 12:09am On Jun 12, 2019
dominique:

I know. I just can't figure out how one can swallow morsels of food without chewing first.
mama dominique, you're not alone on this cheesy
I can't just swallow without chewing

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Teaser4(m): 12:09am On Jun 12, 2019
you don't chew swallows you guys are not ok lol.... I swallow swallow like earthquake...how do you chew amaala...most the white one lol..come swallow dey go joor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blackberry Bread For Sale In Lagos (PHOTO) / Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol / 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.