Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September (25731 Views)

TECNO WILL BE LAUNCHING CAMON 15 & CAMON 15 PRO SOON / Xiaomi Might Be Launching The First Flagship Smartphone With 16GB RAM / Nokia 6.1 Plus Could Be Launching In India Soon : Official Teaser Hints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by seanwilliam(m): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
@ISAABUBAKAR, leave dem make dem dey argue dey go. wetin i hate most be say make person dey talk nonsense with confidence. america brings light to tech world

10 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by IsaAbubakar: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
lilbest4:
lol. You are full of self and believe you know it all whereas you are just delusional that is why my points are flying through your head. If the only phones that support Those social media are Samsung Apple and Nokia what makes you think those apps will still be relevant in a two months?
Symbian died because there were better and cheaper options for people. I'm talking about full blown ballistic here not Huawei being from using WhatsApp while xiaomi still have access to WhatsApp what I'm talking about is all Chinese companies down to Tecno.
lol and what does it take the US to create more smartphone companies?
they have the hardwares and the softwares so it's an easy stuff
let me tell you
the Chinese took advantages of android open source to create cheaper smartphones thereby boosting their economy and at the same time making android os more popular
that's why they import hardwares from US to keep up with their customers demands and taste because inside them they knew that their indigenous processor Mediatek is not enough
but on the other hand setting up a smart phone industries is never a problem for the US but they left that to Chinese mainly
so don't think that the US can't mass produce smartphone industries just like the Chinese
again they have strict quality control laws unlike Chinese.

in conclusion no matter how much you view it
the Chinese needs the US more in smartphone industry than the US needs them

that's the bitter fact

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by seanwilliam(m): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2019
Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by seanwilliam(m): 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
lilbest4 stop exposing ur ignorance, ur point holds no water, dnt rush to reply brother think before u type nt the other way round. most innovative tech co are from us. google is developing another os (fuchsia) which is 500% innovative than andriod. i hope u knw the different between invention and immitation. in this part of the world, nobody can do without any of GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, WHATSAPP, MICROSOFT,YAHOO MAIL, GMAIL, HANGOUT,(can u do without any? for tell u plenty things but my phone sucks(typing no easy on it

11 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by loricara: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
lilbest4:
do you even know anything about Android? 5 out of Top 6 biggest android smartphone makers are Chinese companies if android ban those companies they are left with samsung, Nokia and infinix. Samsung is the biggest phone makers in the world huawei is second Apple third xiaomi fourth then vivo, oppo, oneplus lenovo. The only reason android is popular and used worldwide is because of Chinese companies ban those companies and android wiil die in 2 weeks
please stop arguing itsy irritating . China don't make phone, os,chipset, processor , network, camera they buy all these from USA and couple them okay, get it now

16 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by loricara: 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
lol and what does it take the US to create more smartphone companies?
they have the hardwares and the softwares so it's an easy stuff
let me tell you
the Chinese took advantages of android open source to create cheaper smartphones thereby boosting their economy and at the same time making android os more popular
that's why they import hardwares from US to keep up with their customers demands and taste because inside them they knew that their indigenous processor Mediatek is not enough
but on the other hand setting up a smart phone industries is never a problem for the US but they left that to Chinese mainly
so don't think that the US can't mass produce smartphone industries just like the Chinese
again they have strict quality control laws unlike Chinese.

in conclusion no matter how much you view it
the Chinese needs the US more in smartphone industry than the US needs them

that's the bitter fact
China rebrands USA products. if USA start .along phone you low class people won't afford it. take apple for example. China don't make phone 99% of what is used in making phone is manufactured and supplied by USA to China they only assembled and hauwei is the only innovative tech company.
USA companies in China have provided over 200m jobs for China so they can't ban USA companies. apple alone is providing over 5m work it's not easy to build os China can't they don't even have any programming language to begin with and
can't win international market no one will fit h his Facebook, Gmail, yahoo mail, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat ,google,YouTube for WeChat

8 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by JobNowNowNg: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
keep deceiving yourself

just an android ban on these phones you mentioned will render those companies useless

tell yourself the truth prior to Android os none of those companies where known or birthed sef
android gave life to many dying companies and resurrected many dead ones
that companies like Motorola (Lenovo) Samsung, Xperia (Sony Ericsson) etc is still alive today is because of the versatility of android and the acceptability
you think it's easier to create another os as versatile user friendly and acceptable like android
big tech companies have tried and failed
examples are Microsoft (failed)
Symbian (failed)
blackberry (failed)
Samsung tizen (failed)

Oga if it's that easy they would have done that since

moreover these companies you mentioned have everything to loose if they leave those big US tech companies infact everything grin
no tech company will like to be in the shoes of huawei now

guy America rules the world whether you like to believe it or not
kiss the truth

Assalamualaikum bro
greetings from sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman from kebbi

I like your mind.

5 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by foolbuster: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
what you guys don't understand is that this not android ban only
do you know that 95% of major apps or social media apps are US companies grin

ok let's assume that huawei will develop their own OS and no US company develop their apps for the OS
will you enter the market and buy a big phone without Facebook, twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Skype, etc compatibility?
i guess you won't
so that's the death of the os

make una dey reason with fact not sentiment

Oga calm down. You are just infatuated with the US and have a myopic understanding of the situation. You are reasoning with sentiment.

The ban only stops the company from doing business directly with the US. It does not mean if i buy a huawei phone i can never access US products with it ok?

Ok lets assume the 95% you confidently quoted from nowhere is true. Do you think facebook, twitter, and other popular US products can only be accessed via their official app? You think third parties cant develop software to acess them? Which incase you don't know have been done many years ago.
All huawei have to do is ship phones without US content. And provide a hub where third party developers will finish work.

If i see a cheaper quality phone that does not come preinstalled with US products but i can still alternatively access them. I can only speak for nigerians and i tell you bros that phone will be hot cake. And i can guarantee the low price will drive sales in other parts of the world too.

Besides Do you think huawei makes only phones? Huawei is a global giant in computer components hardware. They've been making phones but just got in the smart phone game not too long ago FYI.
Bros china is another world on its own ooo. They have their own search engines and have long since broken free from yahoo and google. They have their own Social media apps etc. Not that many of them are into google and US or European stuff. You dont know because you only see the world from an english colonized nigeria perspective.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by 1zynnvn(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nbote:
I dey pity for Google.. Once Huawei successfully comes up with a competitive alternative to Google's version of d android OS dey will lose a chunk of d market..

You can't do without Google. Is there a good alternative to google maps, google search engine, play store, googles version of android

10 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by phetto(m): 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
lilbest4:
you just want to rant without reasoning. Did you read my first post? I never said huawei was better off now although I will buy huawei if I want to. What I said initially is if the Chinese government were to intervene. So in your own delusion of America worship you think 6 extremely big Chinese, if compelled can't create an OS but you believe Google will miraculously survive after losing over 60% of its customer. Even as bad as Tecno and infinix are they made Android popular in Africa. If not for Tecno and Infinix which are also Chinese companies who would have known Android in Africa

Bro China once create an OS. It didn't last months. Those companies you mentioned can't create shit. WhatsApp ban dey Facebook ban dey. IG ban dey. Twitter coming. Imagine creating an OS yet it can't run this app

7 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by techiGenius: 4:03am On Jun 11, 2019
Interesting... Am coming back later
Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by IsaAbubakar: 5:33am On Jun 11, 2019
foolbuster:

Oga calm down. You are just infatuated with the US and have a myopic understanding of the situation. You are reasoning with sentiment.

The ban only stops the company from doing business directly with the US. It does not mean if i buy a huawei phone i can never access US products with it ok?

Ok lets assume the 95% you confidently quoted from nowhere is true. Do you think facebook, twitter, and other popular US products can only be accessed via their official app? You think third parties cant develop software to acess them? Which incase you don't know have been done many years ago.
All huawei have to do is ship phones without US content. And provide a hub where third party developers will finish work.

If i see a cheaper quality phone that does not come preinstalled with US products but i can still alternatively access them. I can only speak for nigerians and i tell you bros that phone will be hot cake. And i can guarantee the low price will drive sales in other parts of the world too.

Besides Do you think huawei makes only phones? Huawei is a global giant in computer components hardware. They've been making phones but just got in the smart phone game not too long ago FYI.
Bros china is another world on its own ooo. They have their own search engines and have long since broken free from yahoo and google. They have their own Social media apps etc. Not that many of them are into google and US or European stuff. You dont know because you only see the world from an english colonized nigeria perspective.
you're just talking another thing probably different thing

the main talk here is the acceptability of huawei new os
yes they can design their os and limit it in China for all they want but no global market
wait ooo it's like you people don't know how app developer works here
when a app company let's say Facebook fails to give you their license that means the app won't be installed in your os because it won't be compatible and no technical support

ok let me give your noob mind an example
when Facebook, WhatsApp withdrew their license from blackberry os10 then developers found a way to side load the app but what's the end still no support imagine going through stress just to install WhatsApp and Facebook only to still get some obsolete version
people got tired and that's how blackberry os died
Same with Microsoft

now coming to huawei let me tell you there's nothing they can do on this issue rather than accessing the stuffs on their browser and no sane person will go to the market and buy such phones
yes they can operate only in China but that's the target and their death
so confining them only in China only means killing them because they'll die a natural death
remember we're talking about the global market here and not Chinese Market
and huawei was once a top global brand

Bros just admit it
America just ruined that company grin

19 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by IsaAbubakar: 5:36am On Jun 11, 2019
phetto:

Bro China once create an OS. It didn't last months. Those companies you mentioned can't create shit. WhatsApp ban dey Facebook ban dey. IG ban dey. Twitter coming. Imagine creating an OS yet it can't run this app
lol don't mine them they taught creating os that will be accepted na beans grin

Imagine your so called os with no major app licences
abi they taught the US will stand aside and watch their app companies issue license to them cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by IsaAbubakar: 5:38am On Jun 11, 2019
loricara:

China rebrands USA products. if USA start .along phone you low class people won't afford it. take apple for example. China don't make phone 99% of what is used in making phone is manufactured and supplied by USA to China they only assembled and hauwei is the only innovative tech company.
USA companies in China have provided over 200m jobs for China so they can't ban USA companies. apple alone is providing over 5m work it's not easy to build os China can't they don't even have any programming language to begin with and
can't win international market no one will fit h his Facebook, Gmail, yahoo mail, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat ,google,YouTube for WeChat
you understand smartphone industry well
God bless you for your contribution
this ban na just initial gra gra to scare huawei
they'll still forgive them

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by stanboy28(m): 5:45am On Jun 11, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Before they said it was Kirin OS, then HongMeon OS, later Ark OS...
Now Oak OS
read tech news b4 saying stuffs like this.. Their home grown CPU is the kirin.. Their own os for China is the hongmeon OS and since they can't use same OS globaly they have to come with global version of the OS which is ARK OS.. huawei are not confused like Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by Alzirida(f): 6:48am On Jun 11, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
keep deceiving yourself

just an android ban on these phones you mentioned will render those companies useless

tell yourself the truth prior to Android os none of those companies where known or birthed sef
android gave life to many dying companies and resurrected many dead ones
that companies like Motorola (Lenovo) Samsung, Xperia (Sony Ericsson) etc is still alive today is because of the versatility of android and the acceptability
you think it's easier to create another os as versatile user friendly and acceptable like android
big tech companies have tried and failed
examples are Microsoft (failed)
Symbian (failed)
blackberry (failed)
Samsung tizen (failed)

Oga if it's that easy they would have done that since

moreover these companies you mentioned have everything to loose if they leave those big US tech companies infact everything grin
no tech company will like to be in the shoes of huawei now

guy America rules the world whether you like to believe it or not
kiss the truth

Assalamualaikum bro
greetings from sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman from kebbi

80%✓
Do you also consider over 1.2 billion population of China dropping Google?
For the short term, America will smile but within a yr it so I trust Huawei.

5 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by IsaAbubakar: 7:23am On Jun 11, 2019
Alzirida:

80%✓
lol point of correction they did that years ago
China has their own search engine and all apps and they went ahead to ban US owned apps to pave way for their own yet it's limited to their country.

they would have done so to android if they have choice
they're using android today not because of they're android fan but because they don't have choice and their smartphone induced economy will crash if they ban android OS from their country cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by seanwilliam(m): 7:27am On Jun 11, 2019
Alzirida:

80%✓
chinese dont use google. they use baidu
Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by Alzirida(f): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
lol point of correction they did that years ago
China has their own search engine and all apps and they went ahead to ban US owned apps to pave way for their own yet it's limited to their country.

they would have done so to android if they have choice
they're using android today not because of they're android fan but because they don't have choice and their smartphone induced economy will crash if they ban android OS from their country cheesy

Okay sir.

Am not too detailed about Tech

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by Gsteve01(m): 7:33am On Jun 11, 2019
Let's see it
Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by seanwilliam(m): 7:35am On Jun 11, 2019
I repeat no smartphone will survive in global market without US apps

9 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by martineverest(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2019
dead on arrival
Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by tolexy007(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2019
Nbote:
I dey pity for Google.. Once Huawei successfully comes up with a competitive alternative to Google's version of d android OS dey will lose a chunk of d market..

keep deceiving urself Oga..

4 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by blackaxe78: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2019
wizzywisdom:
I like their never die spirit. US don't owned the world and they can't control every country. They can only toy with Africa.

You must stare at the reality if you want to make realistic points. US can drown anything they choose to drown. They have all the chips.

Huawei is the one toying with with Africa

Giving you substandards and cheaper cost and drowning you inside debts with their trade policy.

We dont even have security in Africa so I cant say they are a threat to our security on this continent.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by martineverest(m): 7:39am On Jun 11, 2019
Nbote:
ask windows,Samsung tizen is and blackberry what happened to their os

3 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by RomeoEmpire(m): 7:39am On Jun 11, 2019
Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by Teel012(m): 7:41am On Jun 11, 2019
The way I see it, the beginning of the end of Android by google is here. Google made a huge mistake by giving them the opportunity to let loose. I know there are so many people who will buy Huawei just to test the new OS and once it gets good reviews, more will buy and once google understands that the market is being swept from under them, they'll eventually have to partner with Huawei to remain relevant, sanction or not.

4 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 11, 2019
They are still forgetting the fact that the new os may not be granted license to run facebook, twitter, instagram whatsapp apps grin

2 Likes

Re: Huawei’s ‘oak OS’ Will Be Launching By August Or September by tolexy007(m): 7:42am On Jun 11, 2019
Nothing can separate me from America Os or iOS.I will feather let's America have my privacy than a communist China...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / 6 Categories Of Mobile Network Customers. Where Do You Belong? / My Heroic Experience At Computer Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.