Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily (1010 Views)

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / My Son's Behavior Is Getting Out Of Hand / My Cousin Is Addicted To Weed, Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by philips007(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nairaland Family,
Please I need your help or advice. My friend little Cousin brother is seriously misbehaving. He is about 15 years old but he has a lot of bad friends that has seriously influenced him. He goes about doing all source of evil things. Please what can we do to redeem him?? Thank you and God bless you guys.
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by thorpido(m): 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
Is it possible to change his environment?
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by lilmax(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
I will advice you leave him alone

the consequences will hit him soon

hunt him for the rest of his life,and others will learn from his action

so don't stress, he's just someone's lesson

1 Like

Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by choice17(m): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
Please don't leave him alone
He needs serious discipline, monitoring and mentoring at this stage

Sit him down and talk to him always, encourage him, take him to eateries and hangout, and beat the hell out of him when he mess up

If you guys let him lose himself to those friends at that age, I'm afraid he will be difficult to come back...
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Craziestgirl(f): 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
Why is he not living with his parents?
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
When you say misbehaving badly,what do you mean?
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
Typical growing male,

While their female counterparts are mostly sleeping around. Since there is no much stigma on these ones sleeping around, their greatest vices are; smoking, drinking, drug abuse, cultism, yahoo yahoo... etc.

They hardly ever listen.

-Till SARS touch im body.
-They lose a friend to that lifestyle.
-They get to outgrow that phase.
-They see their mates doing meaningful things with their lives.

Some would even continue like that till adulthood.

You can only talk to him. Be a model brother, someone he can look up to and talk to without fear of being judged.

Make him your friend. Sometimes we don't listen to these kids and they go outside for that support. You can also consider changing his environment.

6 Likes

Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by falcon01: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
change his location
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
talk to him and don't try to force him. there are some people who learn from experience while some learn from people experience
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by mankettle(m): 1:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Reset button is required here.
either you let him be and let him learn from his lifestyle or you set trap for him and he sees the consequences of his lifestyle.
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 11, 2019
Is his father / father-figure in his life?
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Change his environment.
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by AfricaGalactic(m): 2:58am On Jun 11, 2019
lilmax:
And this will benefit who exactly?
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Aksah12: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2019
lilmax:

I think you should search proverbs 19:18.
Discipline your child while there is hope and do not set your heart on his destruction. Leaving him to the consequence, makes you a major stakeholder to his destruction.
Re: A Friend Little Cousin Is Going Out Of Hand Daily by Aksah12: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2019
He definitely needs a role model. Be friends with him. If there is a older male in the household where he lives, that person could serve as a father figure for him. Let this person build a relationship with him. Don't be too pushy or aggressive about the whole thing, and don't try to know every single thing going on with him in one day. If you do that, he will see you as a busy body and a poke nose, that puts teenagers off. Give him his space and still ensure that he understands he can always approach you. That way you can get to know what is going on in his life and help him deal with it. Depending on the intensity of the situation, you might have to relocate him. But before you do that ensure you scan the environment he is to be relocated. Check if the necessary factors her in place, otherwise you will only get a replication of what you already have before you.

It may just help to take him to a juvenile home or the prison for a visit, you Know, let him see practically.

Then you have to put smart discipline in place. Ensure you do it with love.

(1) (Reply)

My Little Baby Cries A Lot / BEWARE: Cryptic Pregnancy Is A Scam In Nigeria / Man Regains His Sight, Demands Divorce From "Ugly" Wife That Married Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.