Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple (64215 Views)

Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by NwaliE01: 5:40am On Jun 11, 2019
You see the danger of one sided story. Some NL were very quick to unlease their venom on the innocent church without hearing from them at all.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Rock89: 5:46am On Jun 11, 2019
Am sure they knew the consequences of their action.... I respect the fact that they wia very honest, some people deny but they are only deceiving themselves. I believe one has to respect by rules and doctrine of wherever he worship. If you knw you can't abide by it, go outside and do wedding, even the church approves that... It's as simple as that than making urself a public humiliation.

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Rock89: 5:50am On Jun 11, 2019
NwaliE01:
You see the danger of one sided story. Some NL were very quick to unlease their venom on the innocent church without hearing from them at all.
people are too quick to judge expecially when it comes to a truth believing church like deeper life. I knew it's more than wat the media said. I see most negative minded critics as coward who are looking for a social platform like this to display their cowardice comments.

5 Likes

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Rock89: 5:56am On Jun 11, 2019
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=79208575]you mean Anglicans support fornication?..hmm[/quote Birds of the same feather flock together but in dis case they are unlike you because they didn't deny they are wrong.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Rock89: 6:01am On Jun 11, 2019
ruffDiamond:
the same useless Pharisaic church of which the tithe generator l mean general overseer crook of a pastor's son John got wedded to one oloshoish Jamaican wife decked in wedding gown ,make up , flower , earrings and what not some years back .even a national daily carried the news then.. disgusting smelly,dirty holier than thou HYPOCRITE marrafuckaaa lot
All the features you quoted above are untrue, the son paid for the consequence of his action.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Rock89: 6:07am On Jun 11, 2019
tete7000:

Disciplined but didn't have their marriage suspended but rather had the overseer father posed with the couple beside a posh limousine. And did I hear you say Kumuyi wanted to resign from his personal property or what you call church? You must be gullible to believe that. Who can take over his property from him?
Its better you keep calm and quiet when you don't have words to say. Try to processed wat is whatever is being said on the social media before you talk.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Gforce2019: 6:08am On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:
i dont agree with the church on this...,person no fit live private life in peace..

What do you know about righteousness. You better continue your sinful life which you are already doing. If God shld open your eyes you will know. But for now you are blindly blind spiritually
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 11, 2019
UceeGod:
If they truly got involved in any immorality, then the suspension of their wedding is very good. Worldliness shouldn't be tolerated in the church.

BTW what does Kumuyi's statement about Buhari has to do with this issue?

God bless you. This generation has has become something else .I can't believed people condemn kumiyi for this

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by bixton(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2019
engineerboat:
The church stands for holiness - Deeper Life Church reacts after suspending couple’s wedding for allegedly eating from same plate

- Legit.ng earlier reported that a Deeper Life Church in Bayelsa suspended a couple’s wedding because they ate from the same plate before their marriage

- The report raised a number of criticisms from social media users and the church has now released a statement reacting to the case

- According to the church, it stands for holiness and the couple were in haste to enjoy the benefits of married couples

A Nigerian couple-to-be Bolingo Israel and Okpokpolom Jemima, who are members of the Deeper Life Church, had their wedding which was slated to hold on June 8, 2019, suspended by their pastor.

It was earlier reported that the wedding was allegedly suspended because the couple ate from the same plate a week before tying the knot.

Well, the Deeper Life Church has reacted to the reports. In a statement sent to Legit.ng, the church explained that contrary to reports, the couple had actually engaged in moral acts after sleeping in the same bed and it amounted to sin.

The church further explained that after feeling guilty and reporting themselves to their respective pastors, the couple was placed on disciplinary action by the state overseer.

After the church felt they had repented, the wedding was slated to hold again but was eventually suspended the second time after they discovered the couple had engaged in 'acts contrary to the laid down procedure by the marriage committee of the church'.

Concluding the statement, the church explained that it stands for holiness and members have been admonished to abstain from evil.

The couple was also described to have behaved unseemingly and were in a haste to enjoy the benefits of married couples.

Read the statement below:

Just recently, Legit.ng reported that the Deeper Life general overseer, Pastor Kumuyi, has warned Christians against attacking President Buhari.

According to News Agency of Nigeria, Kumuyi, during his sermon at the Deeper Life Bible Church, Headquarters, Gbagada, Lagos, urged Christians not to attack the president of the country through any means.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1242663-deeper-life-church-reacts-report-cancelling-couples-wedding-eating-plate.html

The previous news before this was that the couple's ate from the same plate and that's the reason for the suspension. .....

Now the response is that they commited immoral acts( sleeping in the same bed)...........
I still don't understand which is which.........

But whatever is the case, I guess the couples subjected themselves to the doctrine of the church and .........

The Bible and word of God is quite clear on marriage.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by sparko1(m): 6:32am On Jun 11, 2019
PapaNnamdi:

u mean Anglican girls are oshofree??
You are definitely crazy! Seriously! I didn't see that coming!
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Emmanuel226(m): 6:41am On Jun 11, 2019
na dem oooo hahahahahakijikikikiki, say no to enjoyment be4 marriage grin
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Emmanuel226(m): 6:42am On Jun 11, 2019
chai dis one go pain the sis.. oh grin smiley
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Emmanuel226(m): 6:42am On Jun 11, 2019
dats y i love deper life smiley
Bleep all deeper lyf haters cool
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Emmanuel226(m): 6:43am On Jun 11, 2019
hmmmm.... make dem no do another one whie on suspension oo grin
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Mysto(m): 6:48am On Jun 11, 2019
Christianity and all forms of religion are all joke and brainwashing factor to we Africans...
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2019
feelgoodstuffs:

Why is she crying? Is it by force to be a member of deeper life in the first place?
Her father is a pastor at deeper life so she doesn't have a choice
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Dhorcas(f): 7:03am On Jun 11, 2019
I was a member.. And still do identify with them when I can.
My question is... When you know you're not okay with a doctrine. Why stay there like you're glued to the place...
About sleeping together. Oh well. That's their problem. The bed's supposed to be undefiled..
And about the person crying on wedding day..
She ddnt know who will sing bfr?
Ddnt they talk together with the comitee or whatever to plan ahead.?
What I don't take is 'this is how we do it' you gotta give me reason for not doing something or Amma continue with it!
I don't do somethings and I know the reason for not doing them.. Papa knows. Ain't gonn b forced to do anything!
I will never and can never blame the church for any reason. They know all these before deciding to stay there or wed there....
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Chimaobichukwuma: 7:07am On Jun 11, 2019
Nobody holy pass me...
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Razak5(m): 7:08am On Jun 11, 2019
UceeGod:
If they truly got involved in any immorality, then the suspension of their wedding is very good. Worldliness shouldn't be tolerated in the church.

BTW what does Kumuyi's statement about Buhari has to do with this issue?

Challenges of copy and paste... grin grin
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by 2T215: 7:10am On Jun 11, 2019
Sincerely, we should pray for many persons who don't know anything about Christ but attend church. There is no justification for their actions and should get adequate sanction for it. They should be counselled and restored but should not get the benefit of white wedding. The way a lot of persons comment makes me wonder if Ananias and Sapphira saga is in the new testament. The reason men are so callous and can call the church names for standing firm on the doctrines and command of God should give you a pointer as to the number of persons who are seriously planning to go to heaven. Ecl 8:11( because sentence against an evil work is not carried out swiftly, men have decided to do more evil). Lord send down fire to purge your church.

Gforce2019:

What do you know about righteousness. You better continue your sinful life which you are already doing. If God shld open your eyes you will know. But for now you are blindly blind spiritually
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by engineerboat(m): 7:24am On Jun 11, 2019
PietraK:
Pastor Kumuyi will not support this and that Pastor better be prepared for a suspension from the marriage committee in the state.

You have stopped them from the single act that will validate what they did before God. The only act to correct the sin of premarital sex is to marry the person and not even in begging God for forgiveness.

Pastor Kumuyi already preached against this act of the marriage committee. He reiterated that couples should be married even if found to have eaten the forbidden fruit. The only way out is marrying them quickly.

You were there when he made the preaching.

Stop saying what you dont know
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Teymanhenry(f): 7:25am On Jun 11, 2019
only a fool will Mary a without having sex with her. imagine yourself marrying a woman then later on realises she doesn't like sex at all. would you go to your pastor and tell him your wife doesn't like sex?
So this church doesn't accept sinners but Jesus said, He came for sinners
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by balonaija(f): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2019
well that is strange
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Bonjoro: 7:32am On Jun 11, 2019
Maybe they are poor couples, they fit do the same with osinbajo and obasanjo pikin? angry
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Sunnycliff(m): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I would have given you guys a very funny and interesting news yesterday if not that it all happened in a flash and I didn't record the action until it was over.
The wedding was great, a normal deeper life wedding. The wife was not allowed to use any form of make up. Not even powder. (sadly, she's my cousin)
Everything went smooth at the church until we got to reception.
The family already hired professional musicians to sing at the reception but the church asked them not to play and the church choirs started singing praise for the wife to dance in. She refused to come in and started crying. I was sorry for her I swear.
Then after much pressure and time wasting, she walked in without dancing, leaving her husband behind.
Everyone was in shock and started asking each other why she didn't dance in. Lol
But how will she dance to those kind of deeper life old school praise songs for christ sake?
This is not to criticize the church or anything cuz I'm a member of deeper life too but I think this marriage doctrines are too strict.
We've lost all the youths in the church because of it and still they are not getting it.

The church did not lose all the youths. People are wedding every month in the church and many are still there, of which I am there. Gods standard is high and not for everyone who doesn't want to strive to make it.

Heaven is not the broad way but narrow way.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Basilekeh: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2019
Teymanhenry:
only a fool will Mary a without having sex with her. imagine yourself marrying a woman then later on realises she doesn't like sex at all. would you go to your pastor and tell him your wife doesn't like sex?
So this church doesn't accept sinners but Jesus said, He came for sinners

I guess in your church they commit immortality every Sunday since they accept sinners..I don't know the stuff here..if they want to wed outside they should go and wed no one is stopping them.....but they did something wrong and must stand punishment... David after repenting still stood the punishment of God...if you allow them without any punishment saying they confessed what precedent are you setting others will follow suit.
Those of you saying Kumuyi stood with his son to take pix on their weeding....thank God you said Son...Kumuyi is not only a pastor but a father....if he's son does something bad...that won't stop him from paying his fees....he had to perform his duties as a father...and then when it comes to church he also performs church duties so standing with he's son to take pix is noting wrong....you can force a horse to the stream you can't force it to drink water...heaven is a personal race... That Kumuyi son refused to abide by the church regulations does not stop him from being kumuyi son and won't make Kumuyi to disown him...the lad is good to make he's decision..... Kumuyi had shown him the path he took...its left for the son to choose
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by mustykenzy(m): 7:42am On Jun 11, 2019
Lies...Just trying to defend themselves before the public. How many brides in the white gown are been weded as virgings tbday
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by glowingflame7: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I would have given you guys a very funny and interesting news yesterday if not that it all happened in a flash and I didn't record the action until it was over.
The wedding was great, a normal deeper life wedding. The wife was not allowed to use any form of make up. Not even powder. (sadly, she's my cousin)
Everything went smooth at the church until we got to reception.
The family already hired professional musicians to sing at the reception but the church asked them not to play and the church choirs started singing praise for the wife to dance in. She refused to come in and started crying. I was sorry for her I swear.
Then after much pressure and time wasting, she walked in without dancing, leaving her husband behind.
Everyone was in shock and started asking each other why she didn't dance in. Lol
But how will she dance to those kind of deeper life old school praise songs for christ sake?
This is not to criticize the church or anything cuz I'm a member of deeper life too but I think this marriage doctrines are too strict.
We've lost all the youths in the church because of it and still they are not getting it.

Why the crying, was she not aware of the marriage rules?
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by glowingflame7: 8:18am On Jun 11, 2019
tete7000:

Disciplined but didn't have their marriage suspended but rather had the overseer father posed with the couple beside a posh limousine. And did I hear you say Kumuyi wanted to resign from his personal property or what you call church? You must be gullible to believe that. Who can take over his property from him?

That's the point. If pastor Kumuyi didn't "spoil their day" but waited till after the wedding to act, even taking pictures with them, then the other leaders can learn from that.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by NwaJozi: 8:23am On Jun 11, 2019
What a wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Mike Agboola Prophecy On Osun Election: 'Omisore Is Winner' / Bulletproof Car Not Anointing Oil Saved SULEMAN / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.