Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders (28687 Views)

President-elect, Bola Tinubu Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of Inauguration / Audu Sule Marries Wife ‘First Lady’. Wedding Holds Ahead Of Inauguration / Tinubu’s House Under Tight Security As Ambode’s Supporters Storm Ikoyi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by senatepresido: 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
our in-coming leaders
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by deji17: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
Saraki will still try to smuggle himself in. It does not matter that he has seized to be a Senator but dubiousness runs in his veins
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by emmykk(m): 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
etrouble:

Any PDP member that plan any surprise will be surprisingly picked up by DSS and FSARS overnight

Up staging don't mean fight surprises,it mean that the PDP will support a dark Knight massively with the 44 members vote in the Senate while the 62 APC will never vote in block.... The HOR is most likely going to be won by a Northerner. That I know.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by mindtricks: 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
kehinde1588:
Come tomorrow, Lawan will be the Senate President while Gbaja will be the speaker.

Igbos will cry tire grin grin grin

With or without Igbos don't you see the country is messed up? Our selfish leaders are the main problem.
Igbos, Militants, Bokoharam or whatever are merely symptoms of the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
I dont fucking care.. off I go!
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by lonlytroy(m): 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
Jj Rawlings
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by mindtricks: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
emmykk:

Up staging don't mean fight surprises,it mean that the PDP will support a dark Knight massively with the 44 members vote in the Senate while the 62 APC will never vote in block.... The HOR is most likely going to be won by a Northerner. That I know.

You are right. That should be their best game plan unless they happen to be bought over.
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Ugosample(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2019
deji17:
Saraki will still try to smuggle himself in. It does not matter that he has seized to be a Senator but dubiousness runs in his veins

why fear tho?
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by ruffDiamond: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
yes ooo before another Ilorin nesujamba sarathief styled coup by pigyidiot sympathizers and saboteurs
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
LoL
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by PROPHETmichael: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
That won't stop Omo-Agege and his thugs from hijacking the mace if the need arises.

Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by 2eggs1goal: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
Pishure of the tight security
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by modupe2: 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Dey there be deceiving yourself

babyfaceafrica:
lawan SP
Agege. DSP

Gbaja. Speaker
ease Deputy
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by idonhammer: 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
As if that will stop them from not making their millions from trade Fair,alaba,idumota and ladipo tomorrow.The poorest ipob lacacera and gala hawker is worth more than a million naira.Now tell me, which tribe do u think really need help in your zoogeria? All of una know the truth,but jealous and hatrate no let una see road. I am not a politician, but my house is worth over 35ml naira which i made thru importing of women lipstick and lipgloss.So make I yarn you bro, even if Igbo man no rule Nigeria for the next 200yrs. We will be Just fine cuz money plenty.una hold power,we hold the economy.

kehinde1588:
Come tomorrow, Lawan will be the Senate President while Gbaja will be the speaker.

1 Like

Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Uziehot(m): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2019
They will only remember security for themselves forgetting the citizens who voted them into the office. Well, I hope they know that it is this recklessness that gave room for the military to step in and push them aside.
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by MetaPhysical: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
engreo:
Security has been beefed up at the National Assembly as members-elect continue accreditation ahead of the inauguration of the 9th National Assembly on Tuesday.

All staff and visitors to the national assembly were critically checked before being allowed entry into the premises. Those who could not identify themselves properly were turned back.

Meanwhile, there is a presence of security operatives at strategic areas, while moving around designated areas for accreditation was limited.

Speaking to newsmen after his accreditation, Sen. Emmanuel Bwacha from Taraba State, said the process was going on smoothly.

On why PDP is keeping quiet on who to endorse for senate presidency, he said, “there is dignity in silence and mischief in noise making”

Sen. Kabiru Gaya (APC-Kano) also said the accreditation was going on without hindrance.

Gaya, who is in the race for the position of Deputy President of the Senate, denied stepping down as insinuated in some quarters.

The national assembly is a beehive of activities as preparations for the inauguration were on top gear.

Activities ranging from erecting of a tent, renovation of structures and decoration are going on in mapped out areas to make the occasion colourful.

There is, however, heightened tension as people are seen in clusters discussing their expectations of the day.

While some believe that it might not be much of a drama as witnessed in 2015, others say there could be surprises following Senator Ali Ndume’s insistence to continue in the race and the long silence from the major opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

From the list released by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), there are 62 APC senators-elect, 44 PDP senators-elect and one Young Progressives Party (YPP) senator-elect, while two senatorial seats in Imo State are still outstanding.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/10/tight-security-national-assembly-ahead-inauguration-election-leaders

At 100% participation it would be impossible for PDP to pull 50% advantage and upturn APC endorsement.

Here is what i mean by that, 22 is 50% of PDP's 44 Senators. That number is what they need to match APC 62 and tie. The extra YPP could act as tie-breaker.

PDP cannt get 22 APC crossover, impossible!
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Jude901: 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bdbdb
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by boban007: 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
MAKE DEM CHECK ALL THE BOOTH ENGINES AND UNDER ALL CARS PARKED AT THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.WE DON'T WANT A REPEAT OF DESPERADO'S LIKE SARAKI DID IN 8TH ASSEMBLY WHEN HE SLEPT OVERNIGHT IN A SMALL CAR TO PLAN A COUP AGAINST HIS PARTY.DINO COULD BE HIDIND ON THE ROOF OF ONE OF THE BUILDINGS TONIGHT
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Jude901: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bsbsbsb
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 11, 2019
Deltatoto:
im in the premises right now and the security is quite encouraging
Ain't we all? We are all in the premises cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by biztip: 12:09am On Jun 11, 2019
all these noise abt nass leadership. the brouhaha we se will not increase or decrease buharis incompetence. I pray and hope all d officers to be elected according to d wish of APC . so DT there won't be anymore reason they can give for their expected continued failure in governance .
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by LEOSZ(m): 12:10am On Jun 11, 2019
Ok hope they do the right thing.

Check out this link
https://quicksell.co/s/kingauto/cars/2zy
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by BABANGBALI: 12:10am On Jun 11, 2019
i cannot wait to see roforofo fight in this house
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by Ifexontop(m): 12:57am On Jun 11, 2019
PDP we show them gang that's all kno
Re: Tight Security At National Assembly Ahead Of Inauguration, Election Of Leaders by sharpsecret: 2:01am On Jun 11, 2019
kehinde1588:

who dem help?abi dem know ur papa?people dey fight 4 their pocket and u slowpoke wey no see food chop carry their matter 4 head..u tink ipob care abt all these tins u mentioned,nnamdi kanu level pass senate president,who be lawal compared to nnamdi in popularity?both home and abroad,.can lawal travel without intl passport?which international t.v station has ever interviewed lawan?can a senate president command the kind of crowd kanu command?why will som1 want a position he's above?ipob does not care about nigeria politics,he denied being a nigeria long time ago,and the last time i checked a non-nigerian cannot go 4 this positions, .he has liberated himself 4rm nigeria and as a loving father he wants to take his family along,.to hell with ur lawan and gbajamila

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated / Buhari Is Campaigning Against Tinubu — Odinkalu / A Nairalander Open Letter To Prof Yemi Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.