Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector (25800 Views)

Governor Ihedioha Surrenders Himself To Be Searched At the Airport (Photo) / Governor Ihedioha Using Old Nokia Phone (Photo) / Embarrassing Photos Of Imo Govt House As Governor Ihedioha Tours Around Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by otipoju(m): 9:12am On Jun 11, 2019
Joshmodest:

How wrong !
A school that is not fully balanced as a polytechnic , is upgraded to a university , all in the name of achievement listings , and conferring positions , Yaba college of technology for instance, even tho it's been paraded , as the best polytechnic in Nigeria and on several occasions has been poised to assume a university of technology status , it still remains a polytechnic ...
polytechnics and universities serve different purposes , and if not for the Inferiority complex amongst Nigerian students , no one is above the other , if every polytechnic is been upgraded to a university how will the students ,who wish to attend polytechnic cope , we have enough universities already , govt should work on improving the ones on ground , not creating new ones from struggling polytechnics !

Good move from Ihedioha !

I understand your point and you made plenty of sense.
Neverthess, Nigeria as a country needs at least 200 universities more for its population. Scrap the current once a year JAMB' s entrance exam system, and change it to a quarterly computer based exam to be taken at designated world class testing centers.

I dont want to go into figures. But if you ruminate on solutions to the decayed education system youll understand why this is nevessary.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by pawesome(m): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2019
This is the most useless PDP governor so far.. The guy is just chasing shadows
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by ruthmadaki90: 9:13am On Jun 11, 2019
make dem dey give us the full gist wen dem dey report all dis kain tin. sad[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Drekaz(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2019
deomelo:

1. There's a difference between saying you are acting as if and actually saying you are. Learn how to read and comprehend.

2. The former governor in his capacity as the governor of Imo state created 6 universities and 4 polytechnics for a reason, but the new lazy and incompetent governor reversed the polytechnic decision without a single reason why, but you sat here and made up your own NL argument and reasons.

3. Only foolish people lack the capacity to read and comprehend and even make up stories just to spice up their foolishness.

Please sir, kindly help this forum list the names of the 6 Universities and 4 Polytechnics that were created. It seems you have first hand information even though I suspect you dont know where Imo state is.
Talking about ill-information and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 9:29am On Jun 11, 2019
deomelo:

Joshmodest: :

How wrong !
A school that is not fully balanced as a polytechnic , is upgraded to a university , all in the name of achievement listings , and conferring positions , Yaba college of technology for instance, even tho it's been paraded , as the best polytechnic in Nigeria and on several occasions has been poised to assume a university of technology status , it still remains a polytechnic ...
polytechnics and universities serve different purposes , and if not for the Inferiority complex amongst Nigerian students , no one is above the other , if every polytechnic is been upgraded to a university how will the students ,who wish to attend polytechnic cope , we have enough universities already , govt should work on improving the ones on ground , not creating new ones from struggling polytechnics !

See needless hate, misinformation and propaganda

The former governor created 6 universities, 4 polytechnics and even free education on top.

Stop exaggerating and quit acting as if he eliminated the only polytechnic in the state, you are ill-informed.

Ill-informed did you say? Me I see willful ignorance with spices of "arrogance" and "not-so-intelligent" submissions.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 9:30am On Jun 11, 2019
SEGLIZ:
......... he is doing the right thing but with a wrong motive. making his effort and move a wrong one at that.

Pls elaborate on how "he's doing the right thing"?
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by balonaija(f): 9:31am On Jun 11, 2019
hm
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2019
dingbang:
Look at the stupid comments I am reading on nairaland today. The reason why lagos is the only state that is working is because of succession, you will not see Sanwo Olu tearing down structures that Ambode built but starting from where he stopped, same thing ambode did after Fashola.

But what do you have in other states, total nonsense!

Bros,

You don't need to come to Lagos before we address something that not only does not make sense, but turns logic on its head. Olagunsoye Oyinlola created Osun State University with about 6 Campuses. Aregbesola came, he argued that it was too expensive to run 6 campuses and that all should be consolidated into one. He referred this to the Wole-Soyinka led education summit. This was further escalated to virtually all stakeholders concerned. At the end of the day Aregbesola lost the debate and 6 or so campuses still remains.

I would have thought there was a strategy in the creation of the 6 Universities and 4 Polys with each to serve a specific purpose. What was wrong with the strategy, Ihedioha did not address. How will it affect Imo people? NO? But it must be about eliminating any trace of Rochas. This is just a case of biting the nose to spite the face.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by dingbang(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

Lagos is working because the party has master plan for years whereas other states don't
I clearly think my comment acknowledged that, why the need to quote me again to say the same thing?
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by CodeTemplar: 9:40am On Jun 11, 2019
dingbang:
Look at the stupid comments I am reading on nairaland today. The reason why lagos is the only state that is working is because of succession, you will not see Sanwo Olu tearing down structures that Ambode built but starting from where he stopped, same thing ambode did after Fashola.

Lagos isn't working in the real sense of things. When you juxtapose their earnings against their achievements, you see that Lagos is even far below average.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by CodeTemplar: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

Lagos is working because the party has master plan for years whereas other states don't
To me Lagos isn't working. When they make it as organised as Abuja, then I will take Lagos serious.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2019
Drekaz:

Please sir, kindly help this forum list the names of the 6 Universities and 4 Polytechnics that were created. It seems you have first hand information even though I suspect you dont know where Imo state is.
Talking about ill-information and propaganda.

https://guardian.ng/news/ihedioha-kicks-as-okorocha-sets-up-committee-on-six-tertiary-schools/

....and all I did was to google.....
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by CodeTemplar: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2019
mapet:

Bros,

You don't need to come to Lagos before we address something that not only does not make sense, but turns logic on its head. Olagunsoye Oyinlola created Osun State University with about 6 Campuses. Aregbesola came, he argued that it was too expensive to run 6 campuses and that all should be consolidated into one. He referred this to the Wole-Soyinka led education summit. This was further escalated to virtually all stakeholders concerned. At the end of the day Aregbesola lost the debate and 6 or so campuses still remains.

I would have thought there was a strategy in the creation of the 6 Universities and 4 Polys with each to serve a specific purpose. What was wrong with the strategy, Ihedioha did not address. How will it affect Imo people? NO? But it must be about eliminating any trace of Rochas. This is just a case of biting the nose to spite the face.
The new IMO Governor might have reversed the moves of Rochas out of bitter politics but I support the move and think it is the right thing to do. We need a blend of quality and quantity in Education and not all those mushroom learning centers Governors are creating 1 or 2 to the end of a 8 year ms stay.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 9:48am On Jun 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Lagos isn't working in the real sense of things. When you juxtapose their earnings against their achievements, you see that Lagos is even far below average.

...and as compared to what? Can you give 3 cities in Africa within the same earning bracket and population as comparatives? else I will take this your statement as uninformed sentimental cry.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by lexy2014: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

What is that master plan?
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Royalsleek22: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2019
Joshmodest:

How wrong !

Wise answer. Who even gave the school liecence to function as university.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by CodeTemplar: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2019
mapet:

...and as compared to what? Can you give 3 cities in Africa within the same earning bracket and population as comparatives? else I will take this your statement as uninformed sentimental cry.
You are free to take it as anything you want. Abuja alone makes a mockery of Lagos.
You hardly see senseless disorganisation you see in Lagos in Abuja. It is the adjoining states like Niger, Nasarawa and Kogi that introduce disorderliness to Abuja. Let small Lagos with huge earning improve on her road network alone.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
The new IMO Governor might have reversed the moves of Rochas out of bitter politics but I support the move and think it is the right thing to do. We need a blend of quality and quantity in Education and not all those mushroom learning centers Governors are creating 1 or 2 to the end of a 8 year ms stay.

1. You support a move done out of bitterness? You support a move that was not backed with any iota of explanation to show the benefits vs alternative?
2. Quality and Quantity education? pls tell that to the marines. This is just the same ole excuse that do not allow states to grow.
3. It would have even been honourable had Iheadio refered the issue of the creation of 6 universities and 4 polytechnics to a committee of seasoned educationist and business professionals to look at the feasibility and otherwise and advise him. This decision and approach is so amateurish and looks pretty bad.
4. Finally does Imo want to progress or retrogress? The world has moved on from the foolish politics of destroying your predecessor's works. You end up being consumed. Ambode will testify to this. The people are now aware that it is them you're spiting. Ihedioha by this action is spiting the people and not Rochas.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Johnnyessence(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Unravelling: Okorocha substandard projects in Imo state Bridges without steel. Watch the bad infrastructural projects the ex governor Rochas Okorocha embarked on while he was in government for 8years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P9ybR8jp8o
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by lexy2014: 9:57am On Jun 11, 2019
dingbang:

Is that all? So just because of succession, then that means d state is working?
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You are free to take it as anything you want. Abuja alone makes a mockery of Lagos.
You hardly see senseless disorganisation you see in Lagos in Abuja. It is the adjoining states like Niger, Nasarawa and Kogi that introduce disorderliness to Abuja.
Let small Lagos with huge earning improve on her road network alone.

It would have been more honorable if you can articulate your argument in a logical manner and not resort to sentimental hues and cries. I see you have lagos. You're so upset that you cannot make a meaningful comparison
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by CodeTemplar: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2019
mapet:

1. You support a move done out of bitterness? You support a move that was not backed with any iota of explanation to show the benefits vs alternative?

2. Quality and Quantity education? pls tell that to the marines. This is just the same ole excuse that do not allow states to grow.
3. It would have even been honourable had Iheadio refered the issue of the creation of 6 universities and 4 polytechnics to a committee of seasoned educationist and business professionals to look at the feasibility and otherwise and advise him. This decision and approach is so amateurish and looks pretty bad.
4. Finally does Imo want to progress or retrogress? The world has moved on from the foolish politics of destroying your predecessor's works. You end up being consumed. Ambode will testify to this. The people are now aware that it is them you're spiting. Ihedioha by this action is spiting the people and not Rochas.

I don't support the move because of bitterness but because it was the right thing to do. Irrespective of whether Ihedioha did it out bitterness. No need for all those redundant points.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:08am On Jun 11, 2019
Joshmodest:

How wrong !

modest speaking from a modest nairalander

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by yaki84: 10:16am On Jun 11, 2019
Joshmodest:

Minister of information sir
Where did I mention in my post , that he eliminated the only polytechnic
my point is the numerous universities you speak of in imo state , should ve developed ,instead of creating more from shaking polytechnics !!!
I don't like arguing with foolish people , especially on a Tuesday morning !
seconded!
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Drekaz(m): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2019
mapet:

https://guardian.ng/news/ihedioha-kicks-as-okorocha-sets-up-committee-on-six-tertiary-schools/

....and all I did was to google.....

Guess going to Google to get this link is the smartest thing you have done in your life. "And all I did was to google".
So setting up a committee is tantamount to establishing tertiary institutions? And he set up the committee in April, barely a month to the expiration of his tenure. If he was so bent on creating those institutions and taking credit for them, why not do it at the beginning of his second tenure at least and make sure it comes to fruition before leaving office?
How do you people think sef? He did not create one institution, rather six, in a state that has 5 institutions already with ALL of them suffering from gross underfunding.
You just wake up every morning and go online to believe every trash you see without discernment.
Its actually pitiful that people dont use their God given brains anymore, to think it was given to them free of frigging charge, quite unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by obailala(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2019
3Ceagle:

Take a second look at the places this was done by GEJ, most of the states did not have FEDERAL universities. Let be objective about this, what may be acceptable in one instance may not be for another. Imo state already has lots of institution begging for attention which he Okorocha did nothing about. Check out Lagos state with all it Revenue capacity, what number of state universities and institutions does it have? Secondly, nobody hates Okorocha but his antics. He was loved and overwhelmingly voted into power in his first term but loosed focus when he started playing party politics in his 2nd term instead of focusing on developing Imo state.
Your opening sentence isn't completely correct; the last time I checked, Alvan Ikoku 'University' of Education Owerri is usually counted as one of the new universities established by GEJ even though it's said to be affiliated with UNN. Owerri already had FUTO. There's really no difference between what GEJ did and what Rochas did.

I personally do not support the idea of 'establishing universities' through change of name; I support the decision of Ihedioha to revert this to a poly. But let's call a spade a spade, hailing and defending one man for doing something, and then crucifying the next man for doing something similar stinks hypocrisy.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 11, 2019
Amitez:
Very wrong if true!

How can one state have two separate state owned universities? Imo State University is far from being effectively run and you go ahead to claim you have converted the state polytechnic into a university overnight, does thatake any sense to you?
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by zanga420: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2019
Angelb4:

You ended up not saying why he is overriding almost everything Okorocha did.
From what I observed so far this is not that wrong. The real condemnation should be on an outgoing governor intentionally creating stumbling blocks to destabilize an incoming administration. He created 6new universities and polytechnics few months to leaving office. He didn't remember them for the past 8 years he's been a governor. That is childish and to cause bad blood between the new government and the people.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Angelb4: 11:18am On Jun 11, 2019
zanga420:

From what I observed so far this is not that wrong. The real condemnation should be on an outgoing governor intentionally creating stumbling blocks to destabilize an incoming administration. He created 6new universities and polytechnics few months to leaving office. He didn't remember them for the past 8 years he's been a governor. That is childish and to cause bad blood between the new government and the people.

Now you have spoken. I salute your explanations without insults. Kudos.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by CID11: 11:40am On Jun 11, 2019
pawesome:
This is the most useless PDP governor so far.. The guy is just chasing shadows
which shadows. go to the school and see if they are even equipped.call a spade a spade
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by mapet: 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
Drekaz:

Guess going to Google to get this link is the smartest thing you have done in your life. "And all I did was to google".
So setting up a committee is tantamount to establishing tertiary institutions? And he set up the committee in April, barely a month to the expiration of his tenure. If he was so bent on creating those institutions and taking credit for them, why not do it at the beginning of his second tenure at least and make sure it comes to fruition before leaving office?
How do you people think sef? He did not create one institution, rather six, in a state that has 5 institutions already with ALL of them suffering from gross underfunding.
You just wake up every morning and go online to believe every trash you see without discernment.
Its actually pitiful that people dont use their God given brains anymore, to think it was given to them free of frigging charge, quite unfortunate.

Well by your "standards" I'm better....unlike you yet to do anything smart.
Re: Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector by Drekaz(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
mapet:

Well by your "standards" I'm better....unlike you yet to do anything smart.

Leaving the issue we were talking about to blab about smartness. Thought you will furnish us with pictures and probably name if VCs and Rectors of the 10 institutions being created.
Enjoy your smartness nigga and your next level I guess, I go dey hail una from this side!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture: #istandwithbuhari T-shirt / The Psychology Of Anti Tinubu Hysteria / Sunday Mbang: Does Buhari Have Brain Like Abacha, OBJ And IBB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.