Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri (17197 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? / Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Ayoefa: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
The Bible itself is EUROPEAN. They made Jesus look like a white guy and with all sorts of fantasy Disney land stories to brainwash the gullible.
They then used the same Bible to enslave Africans for 300 years, now the same Africans are the only ones still crazy about the Bible and the religion. Go figure.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
thesicilian:
Reno is right on this one.

His teaching didn't include bride price.
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by InvertedHammer: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
/
The name "white" wedding says it all.

It is the most silly thing done by Africans. Mental slavery or colonization is worse than physical slavery. Education has not been beneficial to Africans, ipso facto.

/

2 Likes

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
I discovered this years ago, I consider it a waste of time and resources. Court and/or Traditional marriage are more than sufficient to legitimize a wedding.

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Omoluabi16(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
So? Is our lingua franca, system of government and other ideas not borrowed? Fine. Don't kill yourself for a white wedding, but I believe so much in it.To each his own.

#TeamWhiteWedding grin

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2019
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Biglittlelois(f): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
Yes it is not biblical, only bride price and parents consent is what is needed, that doesn't mean it is a sin, the wedding at Cana that Christ attended was said to be a big wedding flowing with food and wine, Jesus Christ wasnt against it because he attended the wedding, the Europeans brought Christianity to Africa and didn't force anyone to adhere, same way they brought suits, english attires and whatnot and some still wear them today, no one forces anyone to do white wedding, do it as a choice and if you can afford it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by AngelicBeing: 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
Chubhie:
Barrister Ned understands this perfectly. No wonder he was quick to tie his latest acquisition to the shrine of the vengeful gods.
Hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Kokoebapluse(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin. Hummmmmmmm. There are many things that I that christain do that is not part of Bible. Going to church can't be found in word of Jesus. Christmas, new year, thank giving, wake keeping, keeping dead body in matuary, burial celebration, all nah papan act from oyinbo side but christainity adapt it and made it part of religion. Woossssssssss wobiiiiii. Christainity is a scam.

Allah is God
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by hushpapi(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Yes it’s not biblical but it’s has deepen into the heart of so many. I laugh when you see some women depending on engagement ring before marriage, even the ring is not part of the teaching of the Bible. But as long as it’s done by white people the blacks accept it

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by emerged01(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
My own is weddings should be less expensive.
Couples should marry according to their size and stop borrowing money to feed a crowd.
If you even marry at a registry it is cheaper no need to wreck yourself all in a bid to please people. Think about the marriage after the wedding you need money to keep it running.
Wedding na one day event marriage na short term or long term relationship.
We only went to registry. That was all. No time for ceremony. Thank God for my wife who God bless with great understanding. Our union is blessed with two boys,December,it will be 7th year.

4 Likes

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by salam1(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Davash222:

He’s always right just that most APC miscreants lacks the mentality to comprehend his posts most times .
no human is always right, God above is the one that is always right. reno is human and bound to forget or make mistakes
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
Davash222:

He’s always right just that most APC miscreants lacks the mentality to comprehend his posts most times .

No man is "always" right . In one way or the other lies come in between what man said.

We are human not God.
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by BruncleZuma: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
Them go gree hear word....
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by foolbuster: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Omoluabi16:
So? Is our lingua franca, system of government and other ideas not borrowed? Fine. Don't kill yourself for a white wedding, but I believe so much in it.To each his own.

#TeamWhiteWedding grin

And look at the mess we are in. Infact look at Africa. If you really think that the Europeans forced their way of life on you for your progress then i am sorry but it makes you a fool.
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by etrouble: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
A confused set of church goers. And these are the people telling me "accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour" even when ordinary marriage rites, you are confused about it.
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
emerged01:

We only went to registry. That was all. No time for ceremony. Thank God for my wife who God bless with great understanding. Our union is blessed with two boys,December,it will be 7th year.
Congrats to you and your wife. Wishing you many more blissful years ahead.
As for me I would just stick with only registry as well it is legal and recognised.

2 Likes

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by 400billionman: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
My reference for marriage is that wedding Jesus attended in Cana in Galilee.

There was no wedding in Synagogues during the time of Jesus.

Igba Nkwu or Traditional Marriage is the Bible wedding. You can even marry a lady with her mother and father and your own parents only in attendance.

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by follock007(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
Biblical or Bulb-Local is Modupe
European is Bello
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Omoluabi16(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
foolbuster:

And look at the mess we are in. Infact look at Africa. If you really think that the Europeans forced their way of life on you for your progress then i am sorry but it makes you a fool.
Yes. Let's blame the Europeans for our predicament.
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
True.

But a popular church in Nigeria do not consider couples married until they do "White wedding".

The wedding that Jesus attended in the bible, was it not traditional wedding
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
Pre wedding pics too na scam
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by glowingflame7: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
Which one is biblical before, is it court or traditional? Shior.
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Smartben123456: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; (John 2:1-10) and the chapter explicitly confirmed that Jesus himself was present at the wedding ceremony if the saying is unbilical as you claim then I wonder the teaching you are preaching round the social media
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by foolbuster: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Yes. Let's blame the Europeans for our predicament.

We only have ourselves to blame for refusing to break free from the shackles of colonization. Thanks to people like you.
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by buJu234: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
GoTV:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i commend governor El-rufai for his bold move on regulating religion. Christianity especially needs serious regulations from authorities nationwide.

In every street of the federation especially in the south, there are minimum of 5 churches per street yet our ways and morals are steadily declining. We are a bunch of religious bigot but UnGodly people. Many fake pastors are springing up daily giving fake prophecies and commercializing the gospel of our lord Jesus. The principles of true Christianity has been bastardized by the money conscious hawks parading as pastors.

All they preach is money and prosperity, the teaching of love, tolerance and soul winning has been abandoned for commercial Christianity, Yet we wonder why our society is morally bankrupt. We Christians are not tolerant of other religion. We forget Nigeria is a secular state and the Nigerian constitution allows for freedom of worship. Any seperate beliefs from ours is considered evil and our intolerance is likely to spring up religious crisis if not checked by the government.

Our extremist views are the reasons why a pastor will just wake up and set fire on a traditional worshippers shrine because he considers the shrine as Evil yet we hypocritically condemn such if a church is attacked by non Christians. What happens to the concept of live and let live? Why can't we Christians mind our business for Christ sake? Why do we threaten any one with a contrary view and belief with Hell fire and destruction?

An Ogun, IFA, Sango or other forms of traditional worship is automatically hated and labeled Evil spirit by we Christians yet we pretend to preach love and tolerance. The bible admonishes us to love our neighbors as ourselves but all we do is pray for the destruction of contrary views and beliefs shouting Fire fire fire up and down. What is the definition of religious extremist? Look in the mirror my fellow Christian brothers.

We are a selfish bunch who doesn't care about the convenience and health of our neighbors as long as we worship in noise pollution. How do you explain blaring loud speakers in the middle of the night in the name of night vigil when others are sleeping after a long day's work? Must everybody be a Christian? Why can't we look inward and be considerate for Christ sake and stop the massive noise pollution associated with our mode of worship in this part of the world? Why do we portray God as a deaf and dumb who must be shouted at before our prayers are answered? Can't we worship and pray in minimal noise or perhaps silence?

We Christians need a massive reorientation to restore sanity because our present ways and values is not Christ like. I hope the Federal government and other states emulate kaduna state government and pass laws to regulate religious rascality in churches and mosques. Enough is enough sad

we dont need a prophet to knw that u re a born against christian ok...

and let me tell u... b4 u came the gospel & the church of Christ have faced more tough times and in all cases they have prevailed...

so what ever u like type..

we dont fight for Jehovah... He does His fighting own His own... grin grin grin
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by reubenobi(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Yea I'm not even interested in it.
let's give love a chance then�
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Aystarz: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
thesicilian:
Reno is right on this one.

Mummy Freezer has been yammering this same thing for years!
Re: White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
buJu234:

we dont need a prophet to knw that u re a born against christian ok...

and let me tell u... b4 u came the gospel & the church of Christ have faced more tough times and in all cases they have prevailed...

so what ever u like type..

we dont fight for Jehovah... He does His fighting own His own... grin grin grin

You know nothing about Christ our lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does This Make Me A Polygamist / Strictly Life-changing Marital And Parenting Books / Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.