Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege (18963 Views)

Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu / EFCC Detains Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu Over 22 Properties.. / BREAKING: Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu In EFCC Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by DeLinguaMan: 6:49am On Jun 11, 2019
A top contender for the position of Deputy Senate President in the Ninth National Assembly and former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has dropped his ambition to support the party’s candidate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, Igbere TV reports.

According to Kalu, his decision followed the official endorsement of Senator Omo-Agege and Hon. Muhammed Wase by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the positions of Deputy Senate President and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, respectively.

Igbere TV reports that Kalu, who had endorsed the duo of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively, has, consequently, endorsed Senator Omo-Agege for the position of Deputy Senate President.

Throwing his weight behind the party’s candidates across board, Kalu stressed that he will always abide by the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari and the NWC of the APC.

While thanking his associates, followers, well-wishers and colleagues, the former governor called on members of the 9th National Assembly to place the collective interest of Nigerians above selfish ambitions.

In a statement issued by his media office on Monday evening and sent to Igbere TV, the Senator-elect, Abia North Senatorial District, stressed that the decision of the party is supreme and must be respected by loyal party members.

He said, “I decided to throw my hat into the ring to contest for the position of Deputy Senate President after wide consultations with stakeholders especially my political associates, friends and colleagues (returning senators and senators–elect).

“However, I use this medium to announce my withdrawal from the race in the interest of the APC and Nigeria at large.

“I contested and won election as a Senator on the platform of the APC and as such, I cannot go against the decision of my party.

“The party, I am optimistic will consider the South East for other principal positions in the Senate and House of Representatives for the sake of national unity.

“The South East should be ably and well represented at the top hierarchy of the 9th national assembly.

“The 9th national assembly will work harmoniously regardless of party affiliations to ensure that the executive and judiciary arms of government are complemented in a bid to build a prosperous Nigeria”

While pledging his unalloyed and unshakable commitment to the APC, Kalu expressed appreciation to the President for his fatherly role in the affairs of the party.

http://igberetvnews.com/760234/deputy-senate-president-kalu-drops-ambition-backs-omo-agege/

13 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by yerokunphilips: 6:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Lawal Omo Agege is goal
PDP Ali is a foul
APC have real learnt their lesson .There is no escape rout for PDP today

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by fukushaki(m): 6:56am On Jun 11, 2019
grin
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Amuocha: 6:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Nonsense ambition
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Unlimitk(m): 6:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Hahaha
Igbos go wail today

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by LOVEGINO(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Nigeria politics, our only disaster.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Jimalicoco(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Better for him ......but waitooooo. Is it not de same mace thief Omo agege.

Naija I hail

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by philip0906(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Power Money has changed hands! grin Uncle Orji, my igbere pappy...one of the smartest politicians from the south east, he’s definitely up to some game

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by chriskosherbal(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
I tell you without missing words these guyz know what they are doing is all for selfish and personal interest .

Some guyz from nairaland republic will still come here and be killing themselves over APC and PDP oya kontinue

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
all d intrigues will definitely end today
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Alexis11: 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Nigeria we hail thee...

grin
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by shox(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
g
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by kehinde1588(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
See how APC dey play PDP sense grin grin

Dnt be surprised if Ndume and Bago drop theirs soon too

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by shox(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
GOod for him

The east should sit where they belong..... Minority

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Alzirida(f): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Smart move.

Ovie Agege is a lucky man

6 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by frankdGreat125: 7:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Kalu is a fool, that is the major reason I like Richas okorocha, assuming he is there, chai game will change.
That why they are frustrating him.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Gsteve01(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Money is good
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by 2blessed01(m): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2019
Selfishness Playing Out...
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2019
Lol finally kanu read my mind let APC do all they want lets see what they would use to campaign in the south east in 2023

Let them continue

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by iornenge81(m): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2019
I thought he was fighting for SE representation
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Karlman: 7:01am On Jun 11, 2019
Omo Agege. That tout? Anyway Apc can't be worse.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by gbadexy(m): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2019
The man is a shrewd politician. He probably has his eyes set on something better in the future.
He expects the party to remember his sacrifice and compensate him next time.

14 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Wolexyoshi(m): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2019
Those Catholic church that held Thanksgiving for him to emerge the DSP, where would they hide their face now.

Religion and Politics are not to be mixed.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 11, 2019
Nice.

Delta state deserves the slot with chairmanship in Edo state hands.

That's how you play national politics

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by balonaija(f): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by helinues: 7:03am On Jun 11, 2019
Good
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by myddmodnabastard: 7:03am On Jun 11, 2019
kalu get ambition before ni he was just doing all the initial gragra to get juicy post in the senate

4 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by AAA593: 7:04am On Jun 11, 2019
kehinde1588:
See how APC dey play PDP sense grin grin

Dnt be surprised if Ndume and Bago drop theirs soon too

For your mind this nonsense na sense .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Foul Stench Of Buhari: Tinubu Must Fire Betta Edu - Kperogi / Governor Amosun At The Convocation Ceremony Of Babcock University / New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.