Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Chatting With Exes After Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chatting With Exes After Marriage (2754 Views)

Why Do Married Men Still Keep In Contact With Their Exes After Marriage? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired / Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Emi17: 9:01am On Jun 11, 2019
What's the general consensus? Do you think chatting/talking with long term exes after marriage is wise, no big deal or looking for wahala?

1 Like

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 11, 2019
Big grammar. Chatting with exes has no good outcome.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 11, 2019
U don't need to get married if u can't leave ur past behind.

No one is saying u sud cut ties finally but engaging in lengthy discussion with an ex makes NO SENSE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Jmk9292(m): 9:10am On Jun 11, 2019
Your marriage partner should be aware of any ex that subsists after marriage and for what purpose...... If any must exist it must be for good of the family...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by ifyalways(f): 9:11am On Jun 11, 2019
I will never understand the reason of keeping in touch with an ex. People find it difficult to move on that much

Married and still in touch with an ex? Absolutely disrespectful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by TheeDetective: 9:22am On Jun 11, 2019
It's silly keeping in touch with an EX after you marry. If they were that good you would have been married to them and they will not be an EX. STAY AWAY FROM YOUR EX(s). Infidelity with an EX all starts with Hi and before you know it you betray the person you are married to.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by ibkayee(f): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2019
Dangerous territory. Leaves doors open for possible unresolved feelings, don’t do it. And just out of respect for your spouse tbh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2019
If it is not for professional reasons or absolutely necessary, then i don't welcome it
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2019
Especially Nigerian men. They are the worst set of demonic ex’s I have ever seen.

They have a law that guides them. “A pvssy once fvcked can always be fvcked”

Whenever you see a Nigerian ex-men chatting your partner. Take the phone from her and block his asx. Demons!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Emi17: 10:39am On Jun 11, 2019
ifyalways:
I will never understand the reason of keeping in touch with an ex. People find it difficult to move on that much

Married and still in touch with an ex? Absolutly disrespectful.

And I imagine even more suspiscious if the person deletes the convos with said ex don't you think?
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by lilmax(m): 10:45am On Jun 11, 2019
why don't you list topics you can chat with your exes let's start from there

let's find out how those topics can make you grow financially, increase your common sense
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by zainabicy: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2019
Communication fosters affection.

Don't sniff or stay near what you don't want to eat or be eaten by...

Face your own food solely.

3 Likes

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by CAPSLOCKED: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2019
stupidity:
Especially Nigerian men. They are the most set of demonic ex’s I have ever seen.

They have a law that guides them. “A pvssy once fvcked can always be fvcked”

Whenever you see a Nigerian ex-men chatting your partner. Take the phone from her and block his asx. Demons!!! angry

cheesy
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2019
After marriage you can’t even have close female friends not to talk of communication with an ex. Are you alright?

1 Like

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Emi17: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Safitu:
After marriage you can’t even have close female friends not to talk of communication with an ex. Are you alright?

Who said anything about close female friends. One, the question is regarding chatting up exes not friends of the opposite gender though you are assuming female gender. Secondly, there was a follow up question about how one would feel if said person deleted their convos with their ex whether that is more suspicious. Thoughts?
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by mylove4God(f): 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
It depends on what reason he/she became an ex.

1 Like

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Emi17: 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
mylove4God:
It depends on what reason he/she became an ex.

Can you explain please?
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by elmagnifico411(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ok, so I had an accident around ekiti state, on my way to abuja. I called my wife to inform her and assure her that I’m fine, then later called my married ex and told her too cos I had to go back to Ibadan to pass the night. She later called the next day and asked me howfar.

We are still in touch. We never we have a lengthy discussion, I delete d chats cos I don’t want any wahala. I know it isn’t okay, but u know how these things are... we still connect on many grounds, we couldn’t just end up as couples.

E.g, her aunt’s husband is a distant cousin of my wife, they even share same surname. 2, her husband’s birthday is feb19, my wife ‘s birthday is same date.. the thing sef just tire me.

3 Likes

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Emi17: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
elmagnifico411:
Ok, so I had an accident around ekiti state, on my way to abuja. I called my wife to inform her and assure her that I’m fine, then later called my married ex and told her too cos I had to go back to Ibadan to pass the night. She later called the next day and asked me howfar.

We are still in touch. We never we have a lengthy discussion, I delete d chats cos I don’t want any wahala. I know it isn’t okay, but u know how these things are... we still connect on many grounds, we couldn’t just end up as couples.

E.g, her aunt’s husband is a distant cousin of my wife, they even share same surname. 2, her husband’s birthday is feb19, my wife ‘s birthday is same date.. the thing sef just tire me.

Wow, too many connections...you think it would make a difference that ur ex is married too? If she weren't married would you remain in contact?
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by elmagnifico411(m): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
Well, we’ve always been in contact, partially. .. just heightened when we all got married. Now we do as if were siblings. Discussing our spouses. quote author=Emi17 post=79227684]

Wow, too many connections...you think it would make a difference that ur ex is married too? If she weren't married would you remain in contact?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by liberalchick(f): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
If the marriage produced kids, of course you would have to communicate with your ex.
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Pavore9: 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
elmagnifico411:

Assuming it was your wife that had that accident, will you feel comfortable knowing that your wife after calling you to assure you of her safety then call her ex-boyfriend who is now also married to inform him?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Chatting with an ex/exes simply shows you have no regard nor respect for your spouse.

1 Like

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by elmagnifico411(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
I won’t of cos. Don’t make it seem like I’m proud of what I did.
Pavore9:

Assuming it was your wife that had that accident, will you feel comfortable knowing that your wife after calling you to assure you of her safety then call her ex-boyfriend who is now also married to inform him?
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by babyfaceafrica: 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
elmagnifico411:

smh...you are one of the reasons ladies blast Nigerian guys here...if the table were turned ,will you be happy with your wife?.... issokay o ,that thing you dey find,you will see......

3 Likes

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by elmagnifico411(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
Bros, calm down. I’m not finding anything. Anybody that wants to blast should go on. Let’s come out as hypocrites and cast people that say the truth while we continue to do that which we do behind closed doors. Overtime, this connection would end and mind, I’m not that kinda guy that sleeps with peeps that are married. I don’t do it!
babyfaceafrica:
smh...you are one of the reasons ladies blast Nigerian guys here...if the table were turned ,will you be happy with your wife?.... issokay o ,that thing you dey find,you will see......

1 Like

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by crackhaus: 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
liberalchick:
If the marriage produced kids, of course you would have to communicate with your ex.
Marriage? Kids?

Since our last encounter, I have noticed this handle more often and every time you type, it's always smartness divided by two.

The question was 'exes'.
Were you married to all your exes?

1 Like

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by crackhaus: 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
Emi17:
What's the general consensus? Do you think chatting/talking with long term exes after marriage is wise, no big deal or looking for wahala?
Out of respect for the husband/wife, it is NOT advisable.

I don't know how many times people have to be told this.
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by liberalchick(f): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
Which/what encounter? The question asked if you still communicate with your ex after MARRIAGE?! What is a marriage?

crackhaus:

Marriage? Kids?

Since our last encounter, I have noticed this handle more often and every time you type, it's always smartness divided by two.

The question was 'exes'.
Were you married to all your exes?
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
elmagnifico411:

Face your wife and marriage, leave your ex be and allow her to do the same with hers.

-How would you feel if your wife calls and chats with her ex, then deletes the chats so you don't find out that they're talking or what they're talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by crackhaus: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
liberalchick:
Which/what encounter? The question asked if you still communicate with your ex after MARRIAGE?! What is a marriage?

Ex-boyfriends/girlfriends, yet somehow you're interpreting it as ex-husband/wife.

Why?
Re: Chatting With Exes After Marriage by liberalchick(f): 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
I had to go back and read the thread. I forgot that most Nigerians conflate wedding with marriage. I think I was one of the first people to post a reply so I didn’t have enough replies to put the question in context. I took the question literally to mean would you still chat with an ex from your relationship-marriage i.e your ex-spouse.

crackhaus:

Ex-boyfriends/girlfriends, yet somehow you're interpreting it as ex-husband/wife.

Why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mum Woke Up Screaming In Middle Of The Night 'to Find 14-year-old Son Raping Her / Help Me Save My Marriage! / I Don’t Know Why My Dad Doesn’t Like Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.