Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive (1805 Views)

Carbon Dating Suggests ‘world’s Oldest’ Koran Could Be Older Than The Prophet! / Is It A Sin To Be Alive? / Late Dr. Myles Munroe’s Family Issues Statement | Both Children Alive And Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
[size=15pt]Jehoram was 32 (2 Chron 21_22) years old when he began to reign and he reigned for eight years and then died. After his death, his youngest son Ahaziah began to reign at the age of 42 (2 CHRON 21:1-2) . So the son (Ahaziah) was two years older than his father!
[/size]

2 Chronicles 21:20 Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed without being desired. Howbeit they buried him in the city of David, but not in the sepulchres of the kings.

2 Chronicles 22:1 And the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his stead: for the band of men that came with the Arabians to the camp had slain all the eldest. So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah reigned.
22:2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Rhino3dm: 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
42 years old when he began to reign. . . Meaning he did not start reigning immediately.

Simply analogy:

lets assume his father died when he was 10 years. . . Then 32 years later he begins to reign.
The year he started reighning does no depend on his father's age and by extension does not depends on the age at which his father dies.

You can die at 30 and your son which is 2years now can become the king 30 years later i.e at the age of 32. That does not mean is age is greater than yours in totality!
Capito!

vedaxcool:

22:2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri [/size]
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by hakunajay(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
Na simple english dey worry the OP!
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
I know b4 u become a member of Nl, u will be requested to fill in some informations about ur self. I want to use this medium to call on the NL authorities to include questions about sanity among the lists of questns to be answered. This will to fish out pple like the author of this thread(vedaxcool) who doesnt understand simple English
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by naijacutee(f): 1:21am On Oct 02, 2010
lol
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by nopuqeater: 2:07am On Oct 02, 2010
Let us use all the tools that we are familiar with about the children of Israel, especially their love for always wanting to have a king. With this, we can clearly deduce that the time between the death of the father and the beginning of the raise of his son, who succeeded him is not even more than immediately. Completely opposite what Rhino.3dm is proposing above. Every time a king dies they will install another in almost immediately. Do you have any 2 successive kings where there was mere 2 years of no one king ruling before the next is installed?

From reading the below, it is very clear that the new king took up his reign, immediately after the death of his father and the raid. It did not take a long time, from the read. One must put into consideration that the Children of israel quickly get disorganized and land themselves into chaos if there is no leader, King ruling and guiding them. Moses went away for 40 days instead of 30, the built a Gold of Yahweh which they call the golden calf for worship. Then imagine what will happen if there is no king for that long a period that Rhino.3dm suggested?

2 Chronicles 22
Ahaziah King of Judah
1 The people of Jerusalem made Ahaziah, Jehoram's youngest son, king in his place, since the raiders, who came with the Arabs into the camp, had killed all the older sons. So Ahaziah son of Jehoram king of Judah began to reign.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Rhino3dm: 3:58am On Oct 02, 2010
Yes its kind of very unusual to see that the next sucessor has to wait that long before taking the mantle . . . . In this particular case the
word 'immediately' is found missing. . . . . . . . . .

converting English conditions to mathematical figure requires uptmost carefulness. . . .

For example there was a time in the late 90's when a 2yrs old boy was made a king in edo state and he has to be taking to overseas for 'safe keeping' till when he his fully matured of controlling affairs i.e when he his 20years.

nopuqeater:

Let us use all the tools that we are familiar with about the children of Israel, especially their love for always wanting to have a king. With this, we can clearly deduce that the time between the death of the father and the beginning of the raise of his son, who succeeded him is not even more than immediately. Completely opposite what Rhino.3dm is proposing above. Every time a king dies they will install another in almost immediately. Do you have any 2 successive kings where there was mere 2 years of no one king ruling before the next is installed?

From reading the below, it is very clear that the new king took up his reign, immediately after the death of his father and the raid. It did not take a long time, from the read. One must put into consideration that the Children of israel quickly get disorganized and land themselves into chaos if there is no leader, King ruling and guiding them. Moses went away for 40 days instead of 30, the built a Gold of Yahweh which they call the golden calf for worship. Then imagine what will happen if there is no king for that long a period that Rhino.3dm suggested?

2 Chronicles 22
Ahaziah King of Judah
1 The people of Jerusalem made Ahaziah, Jehoram's youngest son, king in his place, since the raiders, who came with the Arabs into the camp, had killed all the older sons. So Ahaziah son of Jehoram king of Judah began to reign.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 7:04am On Oct 02, 2010
Keep deluding yourself, the verse says they made him King as his brother have been killed and more importantly the drunk bible author made no mention  of a time that elapse before he mount the throne; read the below

Ahaziah’s rise and fall.

1. (1-4) The brief and wicked reign of Ahaziah.

Then the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his place, for the raiders who came with the Arabians into the camp had killed all the older sons. So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram, king of Judah, reigned. Ahaziah was forty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Athaliah the granddaughter of Omri. He also walked in the ways of the house of Ahab, for his mother advised him to do wickedly. Therefore he did evil in the sight of the Lord, like the house of Ahab; for they were his counselors after the death of his father, to his destruction.

a. The inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his place: As will be demonstrated, the son of Jehoram named Ahaziah was an unworthy man. Yet the Chronicler explains why the inhabitants of Jerusalem made him king – because raiding Arabians had killed all the older sons.

i. “Men that came with the Arabians; either, 1. A cruel sort of men who came along with the Arabians, and therefore slew those whom the Arabians had spared, and only carried into captivity. Or, 2. The Philistines, who did accompany the Arabians in this expedition, 2 Chronicles 21:16, who lived near the kingdom of Judah, and therefore thought to make as sure work as they could in destroying all the branches of the royal family.” (Poole)

b. He reigned one year in Jerusalem: The short life and reign of Jehoram (he reigned only eight years and died at 40 years of age) should have warned Ahaziah. His brief reign (one year) shows he was even less blessed than his father Jehoram.

i. “Ahaziah succeeded his father, Jehoram, in the critical year 841 b.c. He was not to survive the momentous waves of the political events that were to inundate the ancient Near East in that year. Indeed, in 841 b.c. Shalmaneser III of Assyria (859-824 b.c.) at last was able to break the coalition of western allies with whom he had previously fought a long series of battles (853, 848, 845).” (Patterson and Austel)

[size=15pt]
ii. Forty-two years old: This is at odds with 2 Kings 8:26 which says that Ahaziah took the throne when 22 years old. “I am satisfied the reading in 2 Chronicles 22:2, is a mistake; and that we should read . . . twenty-two instead of forty-two year. . . . Is there a single ancient author of any kind, but particularly those who have written on matters of history and chronology, whose works have been transmitted to us free of similar errors, owing to the negligence of transcribers?” (Clarke)
[/size]

iii. [size=15pt]“The reading found in the LXX and 2 Kings 8:26 fro Ahaziah’s age of ‘twenty-two years’ is to be adopted, rather than the MT’s ‘forty-two,’ which would make him older than his father (cf. 2 Chronicles 21:20).” (Payne)[/size]

c. He also walked in the ways of the house of Ahab, for his mother advised him to do wickedly: Ahaziah’s mother was the wicked Athaliah, who was the daughter of Ahab and Jezebel of the northern kingdom of Israel and she was given in marriage to Jehoram, the king of Judah. She brought her influence to bear upon her son and made him more of a son of Ahab and Jezebel then a son of David and his godly descendents.

Your are the ones that leave a fictional life, that depends on lies and fool headedness to maintain a belief in a Book that obviously tell Lies and inconsistent and at times truthful, reading the above the author of Chronicles 2 contradicted the author of kings. It seems you are not only a Liar as where did you get your assertion from ,? eh Rhino. As for the others that are too afraid to confront the truth pls no heart attacks, as they are worse tale than this apparent drunken lie of a son being  older than his father, imagine if we were to believe rhino, it will mean that the Isrealis were without a King for quite a long period. Or was Ahaziah Miraculously concieved two years before his Father was born. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2010
toba:

I know b4 u become a member of Nl, u will be requested to fill in some informations about your self. I want to use this medium to call on the NL authorities to include questions about sanity among the lists of questns to be answered. This will to fish out pple like the author of this thread(vedaxcool) who doesnt understand simple English
  speaking about Sanity Test let ask toba whether he does not need such a test:

toba

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.
« #79 on: August 10, 2010, 10:37 PM »

^^thats y Nigeria may never move forward.Nigerians are worse.Imagine its the islamic nuissance that look for trouble&yet cry foul. The xtians receives bashing from all sides(atheist,muslims,pagan deists etc) yet they live with it, unlike the muslims
ajoguegbe opened a thread on mohammad.firstly mukina2 moved it to islamic section&subsequently the thread was locked. This pathetic islamic pigs didnt see anything wrong with that.Here they are having free time to incite&look for trouble. May thunder strike them down.

If this isn't insanity how will some take things to this ridiculous Level.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Rhino3dm: 7:42am On Oct 02, 2010
Am not defending the contractions abound in the bible. . . I have equally figure out many on my own. But your first assertion which i quoted in my first response was wrong. There was no time frame in the first condition i quoted. So GOTO my first response anmake meaning out it.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

Am not defending the contractions abound in the bible. . . I have equally figure out many on my own. But your first assertion which i quoted in my first response was wrong. There was no time frame in the first condition i quoted. So GOTO my first response anmake meaning out it.

I have and Like I wrote it does not add up and did you also read what I wrote? guess you did not? as you made an assertion that has no basis "For example there was a time in the late 90's when a 2yrs old boy was made a king in edo state and he has to be taking to overseas for 'safe keeping' till when he his fully matured of controlling affairs i.e when he his 20years." where did the Jews ever prctice that? stop making claims you do not know.

As I have shown you the author i Chronicles was farting out mistakes as compared to the author of Kings who gave us 22 as the age ahaziah started reigning
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Rhino3dm: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2010
Yes with the additional constraint from the other verse i have no say. But your first assertion was open without time frame and i just chip in my 2cent contribution. No time limit was given. Iam not a jew neither am i in the position of defending anybody's tradition.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by nopuqeater: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Rhino.3dm: « #6 on: Today at 03:58:13 AM »
[Quote]Yes its kind of very unusual to see that the next sucessor has to wait that long before taking the mantle . . . . In this particular case the
word 'immediately' is found missing. . . . . . . . . .[/Quote]Please read the Bible about one king of the Children of Israel; When Israel was one nation, or when she was divided into the two nations of Israel and Judah. Show us the word IMMEDIATELY in any of the many times the next King took up reign, which was so soon that the community was to keep the order of being a society with a King on the throne? Start from Sau all the way to Jesus. Sorry for the last one. Its a joke on the Christians. You wont understand the joke since you are not a christian. But the christians will, laughing at themselves for the GAFFE.

[Quote]converting English conditions to mathematical figure requires uptmost carefulness. . . .

For example there was a time in the late 90's when a 2yrs old boy was made a king in edo state and he has to be taking to overseas for 'safe keeping' till when he his fully matured of controlling affairs i.e when he his 20years.[/Quote]In the early 70s in Akure, Ondo state, a woman was made a regent; temporary king. So this is not new. But the 2 years old Edo king has already began to reign. When his history is written, it will start from when he was born and definitely when he ascended the throne at the age of 2. If somebody were to calculate his age to mean that he was born in the 80s, we will have to conclude that it was a mistake. This is what has happened to what the Bible puts forward.

Yet many say its the irrefutable and imitable WORD of God! Can you Imagine that? Is it acceptable with such blatant mistakes all over the Book? One is bad and disqualifies it as coming from The Real God. But so many? Come on.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2010
The Christians have left Rhino to save them of their embarrasment. As Toba was too shocked to answer.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2010
vedaxcool:

toba

^^thats y Nigeria may never move forward.Nigerians are worse.Imagine its the islamic nuissance that look for trouble&yet cry foul. The xtians receives bashing from all sides(atheist,muslims,pagan deists etc) yet they live with it, unlike the muslims
ajoguegbe opened a thread on mohammad.firstly mukina2 moved it to islamic section&subsequently the thread was locked. This pathetic islamic pigs didnt see anything wrong with that.[b]Here they are having free time to incite&look for trouble. May thunder strike them down.
[/b]

when i spoke about ur insanity, im sure i wasn't wrong. Now the thread u quoted above is very glaring about the incitement u and ur fellow pathetic cohorts did, as this was part of ur insanity. Are u going to deny that fact?
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2010
vedaxcool:

The Christians have left Rhino to save them of their embarrasment. As Toba was too shocked to answer.
At first i never felt the need to respond to ur thrash but with the pathetic statement u made about me, i need to respond now.

Just read the OP to see the challenge u have about understanding English language. Rhino was clear enough in splitting it down as simple as possible for u to understand yet ur Ignorance never made u satisfied right?
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2010
toba:

At first i never felt the need to respond to your thrash but with the pathetic statement u made about me, i need to respond now.

Just read the OP to see the challenge u have about understanding English language. Rhino was clear enough in splitting it down as simple as possible for u to understand yet your Ignorance never made u satisfied right?

apparently you have problems of a spiritual nature, as Rhino your savior has concurred that the bible was talking trash:
Rhino.3dm:

Yes with the additional constraint from the other verse i have no say. But your first assertion was open without time frame and i just chip in my 2cent contribution. No time limit was given. Iam not a jew neither am i in the position of defending anybody's tradition.

and even nopueater has given conclusive proof why Rhino was far from BEING right:

nopuqeater:

@Rhino.3dm: « #6 on: Today at 03:58:13 AM »Please read the Bible about one king of the Children of Israel; When Israel was one nation, or when she was divided into the two nations of Israel and Judah. Show us the word IMMEDIATELY in any of the many times the next King took up reign, which was so soon that the community was to keep the order of being a society with a King on the throne? Start from Sau all the way to Jesus. Sorry for the last one. Its a joke on the Christians. You wont understand the joke since you are not a christian. But the christians will, laughing at themselves for the GAFFE.

In the early 70s in Akure, Ondo state, a woman was made a regent; temporary king. So this is not new. But the 2 years old Edo king has already began to reign. When his history is written, it will start from when he was born and definitely when he ascended the throne at the age of 2. If somebody were to calculate his age to mean that he was born in the 80s, we will have to conclude that it was a mistake. This is what has happened to what the Bible puts forward.

Yet many say its the irrefutable and imitable WORD of God! Can you Imagine that? Is it acceptable with such blatant mistakes all over the Book? One is bad and disqualifies it as coming from The Real God. But so many? Come on.

But knowing Toba fear characterize his belief in Christianity, that is why he could not fathom the argument

but more importantly THE WORD Insanity lacks the value to express the depth of your mental problems as when we read what u wrote below one can only conclude that you are either a child or a foolish adult:
vedaxcool:

toba

ajoguegbe opened a thread on mohammad.firstly mukina2 moved it to islamic section&subsequently the thread was locked. This pathetic islamic pigs didnt see anything wrong with that.Here they are having free time to incite&look for trouble. May thunder strike them down.

Now when any sane person read what you wrote, the sane person will simply wonder when Morons started posting in NL, how would any reasonable person call his fellow man "PIG" and no just fellow man fellow men? IF there was to be a sanity test then you will never pass, as from all indication you lack what it takes to maintain a civil and sensible discussion and further more in the words of the University " Fail to attain the minimum requirement needed to attain sound mental health". Rather than reply d thread you hurled insults, yet you accuse me of mudslinging, which reminds of shammon - a perverse Christian like yourself who throwed all sort of invectives at a brother and had the audacity to say the Brother had been insulting him, on reading the correspondence between shammon and the brother You would wonder whether shammon was drinking bear when wrote all he did, as through out the correspondence Shammon was the only one who engage in insults, it took the wisdom? of his organization to send an apology letter to Muslim brother involved, regretting the actions of the pervert, so it seems you are infected by rabid behavior and unreasonable comments. ISNM
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2010
vedaxcool:

apparently you have problems of a spiritual nature, as Rhino your savior has concurred that the bible was talking trash:
This just shows how unreasonable u could be. Whats the thrash the bible was talking about according to u if u truly believe what Rhino has said?

vedaxcool:

and even nopueater has given conclusive proof why Rhino was far from BEING right:

Just keep shut. as i cant take u credibly so with ur fellow cohort in person of nopueater. What ever he said is not important and not objective

vedaxcool:

But knowing Toba fear characterize his belief in Christianity, that is why he could not fathom the argument

Another Bullshi.i.t as usual. I dare u to challenge me on any matter as regards christianity

vedaxcool:

but more importantly THE WORD Insanity lacks the value to express the depth of your mental problems as when we read what u wrote below one can only conclude that you are either a child or a foolish adults:
Now when any sane person read what you wrote, the sane person will simply wonder when Morons started posting in NL, how would any reasonable person call his fellow man "PIG" and no just fellow man fellow men? IF there was to be a sanity test then you will never pass, as from all indication you lack what it takes to maintain a civil and sensible discussion and further more in the words of the University " Fail to attain the minimum requirement needed to attain sound mental health". Rather than reply d thread you hurled insults, yet you accuse me of mudslinging, which reminds of shammon - a perverse Christian like yourself who throwed all sort of invectives at a brother and had the audacity to say the Brother had been insulting him, on reading the correspondence between shammon and the brother You would wonder whether shammon was drinking bear when wrote all he did, as through out the correspondence Shammon was the only one who engage in insults, it took the wisdom? of his organization to send an apology letter to Muslim brother involved, regretting the actions of the pervert, so it seems you are infected by rabid behavior and unreasonable comments. ISNM

I cant help but laugh at the thrash u posted here. Lets go

vedaxcool:

but more importantly THE WORD Insanity lacks the value to express the depth of your mental problems as when we read what u wrote below one can only conclude that you are either a child or a foolish adults:

Eya sorry o. This is just too pathetic. Which of the two bolded words above best decribes u?

vedaxcool:

vedaxcool:

Now when any sane person read what you wrote, the sane person will simply wonder when Morons started posting in NL, how would any reasonable person call his fellow man "PIG" and no just fellow man fellow men?
But u dont find anything wrong in calling another person a slowpoke right?  Ask ur fellow pathetic muslim nopuqeater what sort of names he uses to describe Jcross and my self on numerous thread when will never seem to agree with his own side of the divide.  Take a close look at the last line of ur post that i quoted above, Is there any sense or logic therein? and no just fellow man fellow men?
This shows u are still far away from understand very well the English language. No problem U can use arabic to post next time.

vedaxcool:

IF there was to be a sanity test then you will never pass, as from all indication you lack what it takes to maintain a civil and sensible discussion and further more in the words of the University " Fail to attain the minimum requirement needed to attain sound mental health"
This is what is very common with u muslims. U call all non muslims all sorts of names becos they never believe in ur pathetic prophet who was a miscreant. U best fit in into the above position

vedaxcool:

yet you accuse me of mudslinging, which reminds of shammon - a perverse Christian like yourself who throwed all sort of invectives at a brother and had the audacity to say the Brother had been insulting him, on reading the correspondence between shammon and the brother You would wonder whether shammon was drinking bear when wrote all he did, as through out the correspondence Shammon was the only one who engage in insults, it took the wisdom? of his organization to send an apology letter to Muslim brother involved, regretting the actions of the pervert, so it seems you are infected by rabid behavior and unreasonable comments. ISNM
this is just another thrash thats irrelevant cos its a big lie
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
toba:

This just shows how unreasonable u could be. Whats the thrash the bible was talking about according to u if u truly believe what Rhino has said?

Just keep shut. as i cant take u credibly so with your fellow cohort in person of nopueater. What ever he said is not important and not objective

Another Bullshi.i.t as usual. I dare u to challenge me on any matter as regards christianity

This thread was a simple challenge but rather than face it you started hurling insult, till you can answer the content of this thread you challenge is a worthless piece of writing. This is what I wrote:
vedaxcool:

now.

As I have shown you[b] the author i Chronicles was farting out mistakes as compared to the author of Kings who gave us 22 as the age ahazia[/b]h started reigning

which rhino replied
Rhino.3dm:

Yes with the additional constraint from the other verse i have no say.

which nopuqeater said:

nopuqeater:

@Rhino.3dm: « #6 on: Today at 03:58:13 AM »Please read the Bible about one king of the Children of Israel; When Israel was one nation, or when she was divided into the two nations of Israel and Judah. Show us the word IMMEDIATELY in any of the many times the next King took up reign, which was so soon that the community was to keep the order of being a society with a King on the throne? Start from Sau all the way to Jesus. Sorry for the last one. Its a joke on the Christians. You wont understand the joke since you are not a christian. But the christians will, laughing at themselves for the GAFFE.

Now this is another Challenge. But toba wil probably start convulsing, hope you don't batter you computer. cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
vedaxcool:

This thread was a simple challenge but rather than face it you  started hurling insult, till you can answer the content of this thread you challenge is a worthless piece of writing.
Its not a challenge to me cos i just Googled it and saw the website u copied what was posted in the OP from. So its not yours

This is what I wrote:
which rhino replied
which nopuqeater said:
Its not Yours but u copied it

vedaxcool:

Now this is another Challenge. But toba wil probably start convulsing, hope you don't batter you computer. cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin
I will tell u to keep shut. I repeat non of u muslims on NL can stand up to challenge me. My Thread Islam and Terrorism, non of u was bold enough to face that challenge no?

I will give u an intellectual response to the thrash in the OP now
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
Before i respond, i will like to educate u a bit
the title 'How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive' makes no sense when compared with the content of the thread. How? the OP was trying to point us to us 'perceived' errors in the bible, but u ignorantly gave it a title that is contrasting to the content.

The OP was also illogical as u failed to make ur intent Know and the use of English Affected u, which was why u later changed
vedaxcool:

[size=15pt]Jehoram was 32 (2 Chron 21_22) years old when he began to reign and he reigned for eight years and then died. After his death, his youngest son Ahaziah began to reign at the age of 42 (2 CHRON 21:1-2) . So the son (Ahaziah) was two years older than his father!
[/size]

2 Chronicles 21:20 Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed without being desired. Howbeit they buried him in the city of David, but not in the sepulchres of the kings.

2 Chronicles 22:1 And the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his stead: for the band of men that came with the Arabians to the camp had slain all the eldest. So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah reigned.
22:2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri

The response given to this by Rhino shows u lacked better understanding of English Language.

U then fully revealed ur self that u were actually talking about 'perceived' error which was why u posted this:
vedaxcool:

Keep deluding yourself, the verse says they made him King as his brother have been killed and more importantly the drunk bible author made no mention  of a time that elapse before he mount the throne; read the below

Ahaziah’s rise and fall.

1. (1-4) The brief and wicked reign of Ahaziah.

Then the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his place, for the raiders who came with the Arabians into the camp had killed all the older sons. So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram, king of Judah, reigned. Ahaziah was forty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Athaliah the granddaughter of Omri. He also walked in the ways of the house of Ahab, for his mother advised him to do wickedly. Therefore he did evil in the sight of the Lord, like the house of Ahab; for they were his counselors after the death of his father, to his destruction.

a. The inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his place: As will be demonstrated, the son of Jehoram named Ahaziah was an unworthy man. Yet the Chronicler explains why the inhabitants of Jerusalem made him king – because raiding Arabians had killed all the older sons.

i. “Men that came with the Arabians; either, 1. A cruel sort of men who came along with the Arabians, and therefore slew those whom the Arabians had spared, and only carried into captivity. Or, 2. The Philistines, who did accompany the Arabians in this expedition, 2 Chronicles 21:16, who lived near the kingdom of Judah, and therefore thought to make as sure work as they could in destroying all the branches of the royal family.” (Poole)

b. He reigned one year in Jerusalem: The short life and reign of Jehoram (he reigned only eight years and died at 40 years of age) should have warned Ahaziah. His brief reign (one year) shows he was even less blessed than his father Jehoram.

i. “Ahaziah succeeded his father, Jehoram, in the critical year 841 b.c. He was not to survive the momentous waves of the political events that were to inundate the ancient Near East in that year. Indeed, in 841 b.c. Shalmaneser III of Assyria (859-824 b.c.) at last was able to break the coalition of western allies with whom he had previously fought a long series of battles (853, 848, 845).” (Patterson and Austel)

[size=15pt]
ii. Forty-two years old: This is at odds with 2 Kings 8:26 which says that Ahaziah took the throne when 22 years old. “I am satisfied the reading in 2 Chronicles 22:2, is a mistake; and that we should read . . . twenty-two instead of forty-two year. . . . Is there a single ancient author of any kind, but particularly those who have written on matters of history and chronology, whose works have been transmitted to us free of similar errors, owing to the negligence of transcribers?” (Clarke)
[/size]

iii. [size=15pt]“The reading found in the LXX and 2 Kings 8:26 fro Ahaziah’s age of ‘twenty-two years’ is to be adopted, rather than the MT’s ‘forty-two,’ which would make him older than his father (cf. 2 Chronicles 21:20).” (Payne)[/size]

c. He also walked in the ways of the house of Ahab, for his mother advised him to do wickedly: Ahaziah’s mother was the wicked Athaliah, who was the daughter of Ahab and Jezebel of the northern kingdom of Israel and she was given in marriage to Jehoram, the king of Judah. She brought her influence to bear upon her son and made him more of a son of Ahab and Jezebel then a son of David and his godly descendents.

Your are the ones that leave a fictional life, that depends on lies and fool headedness to maintain a belief in a Book that obviously tell Lies and inconsistent and at times truthful, reading the above the author of Chronicles 2 contradicted the author of kings. It seems you are not only a Liar as where did you get your assertion from ,? eh Rhino. As for the others that are too afraid to confront the truth pls no heart attacks, as they are worse tale than this apparent drunken lie of a son being  older than his father, imagine if we were to believe rhino, it will mean that the Isrealis were without a King for quite a long period. Or was Ahaziah Miraculously concieved two years before his Father was born. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley

U would recall that the book of Kings wasn't part of the OP, which was a deceit. But now that u have been revealled, i will go ahead to respond

quote]
see below quote
[quote][/quote]
[size=15pt]
Is There a Bible Contradiction Regarding Ahaziah’s Age?[/size]

“In 2 Kings 8:26 the Bible says that Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he began to reign. On the other hand, 2 Chronicles 22:2 indicates that Ahaziah was forty-two years old when he came to the throne. How does one reconcile this seeming contradiction?”

First of all, it is important to note that a true contradiction exists only when there is no possible way to reconcile two statements. If the seemingly conflicting statements address different things, or employ their terminology in varying senses, or if all of the facts are unknown or unclear — it is not fair to charge a document with contradiction. Contradiction is a form of untruth; a narrative should be treated as credible unless it can be shown conclusively not to be.

Now what are the facts relative to these two passages? As they stand in our common Bibles, there does appear to be a discrepancy. In the first place, Jehoram, the father of Ahaziah, died at the age of forty years (2 Chron. 21:5,20). When Jehoram died, Ahazaiah ascended to the throne (2 Chron. 22:2). If the son was forty-two years old at the time, then he was two years older than his deceased father! Clearly, then, there is a problem with the numeral “forty-two” in this passage, as such appears in our standard texts.

How is the matter to be resolved? Two solutions have been proffered by respectable scholars.
The Hebrew text of 2 Chronicles 22:2 literally describes Ahaziah as a “son of forty-two years.” Some scholars have argued that this phrase does not mean that he, as an individual, was forty-two years old when he came to the throne. Rather, they suggest that the expression depicts the sum of years that had passed since the founding of the dynasty of Omri, the father of Ahab (note the phrase “house of Ahab” v. 3), from whom Ahaziah was descended through his mother (v. 2b). From the time of Omri, to that of Ahaziah, was some forty-two years—see Lightfoot’s explanation as cited in Adam Clarke’s Commentary (at 2 Kings 8:26), John W. Haley’s, Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible, p. 398, Robert Jamieson in the Jamieson, Fausette, & Brown Bible Commentary, (Vol. One, p. 546), and in the Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, (Vol. 3, p. 269).

Most scholars, however, believe that the text in 2 Chronicles reflects a scribal error. There is some evidence for the belief that the ancient Hebrews did not spell out numbers, as is the case in modern texts; rather, there was a letter/number system by which numbers were signified by letters of the Hebrew alphabet (though how far back this practice goes is speculation see: John Davis, Biblical Numerology, Baker, 1968, p. 38). Several of the letters in the Hebrew script are strikingly similar in appearance, and such is the case with the letters which represent twenty-two and forty-two. A very slight stroke of the pen could blur the distinction.
If it should be objected that God could have protected the scribes from any and all mistakes, one need only remind himself that such a precise oversight would have involved a miraculous influence upon the scribes across the centuries. Clearly, that was not Jehovah’s plan for the exercise of miraculous phenomena. For an excellent discussion of scribal transmission, see Haley (Discrepancies, p. 19ff).
In addition, several ancient translations cast doubt upon the forty-two figure. Most manuscripts of the Septuagint have the number twenty, and one has twenty-two. Twenty-two is also reflected in the Syriac and the Arabic versions. Accordingly, some of the more current English translations have changed forty-two in 2 Chronicles 22:2, to twenty-two (NASB, NIV, ESV).'

Thats it simple and clear
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
toba:

the title 'How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive' makes no sense when compared with the content of the thread. How? the OP was trying to point us to us 'perceived' errors in the bible, but u ignorantly gave it a title that is contrasting to the content.

Which made you Jittery?
The OP was also illogical as u failed to make your intent Know and the use of English Affected u, which was why u later changed
The response given to this by Rhino shows u lacked better understanding of English Language.

Nonsense keep loging in and out to look for sense.

U then fully revealed your self that u were actually talking about 'perceived' error which was why u posted this:
U would recall that the book of Kings wasn't part of the OP, which was a deceit. But now that u have been revealled, i will go ahead to respond

another nonsense from a kid of the streets, Rhino contention was clear he said it did not put the words immediate, now how many events in the bible do you find the words immediately, Rhino assertion is even more fatal as we can count many places were the word immediate does not occur as we can ask when Mary concieved Jesus did it happen immediately? as we do not find the words immediate, keep freeting over your poor understanding if this thread.

quote]
see below quote

[size=15pt]
Is There a Bible Contradiction Regarding Ahaziah’s Age?[/size]

“In 2 Kings 8:26 the Bible says that Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he began to reign. On the other hand, 2 Chronicles 22:2 indicates that Ahaziah was forty-two years old when he came to the throne. How does one reconcile this seeming contradiction?”

First of all, it is important to note that a true contradiction exists only when there is no possible way to reconcile two statements. If the seemingly conflicting statements address different things, or employ their terminology in varying senses, or if all of the facts are unknown or unclear — it is not fair to charge a document with contradiction. Contradiction is a form of untruth; a narrative should be treated as credible unless it can be shown conclusively not to be.

Now what are the facts relative to these two passages? As they stand in our common Bibles, there does appear to be a discrepancy. In the first place, Jehoram, the father of Ahaziah, died at the age of forty years (2 Chron. 21:5,20). When Jehoram died, Ahazaiah ascended to the throne (2 Chron. 22:2). If the son was forty-two years old at the time, then he was two years older than his deceased father! Clearly, then, there is a problem with the numeral “forty-two” in this passage, as such appears in our standard texts.

How is the matter to be resolved? Two solutions have been proffered by respectable scholars.
The Hebrew text of 2 Chronicles 22:2 literally describes Ahaziah as a “son of forty-two years.” Some scholars have argued that this phrase does not mean that he, as an individual, was forty-two years old when he came to the throne. Rather, they suggest that the expression depicts the sum of years that had passed since the founding of the dynasty of Omri, the father of Ahab (note the phrase “house of Ahab” v. 3), from whom Ahaziah was descended through his mother (v. 2b). From the time of Omri, to that of Ahaziah, was some forty-two years—see Lightfoot’s explanation as cited in Adam Clarke’s Commentary (at 2 Kings 8:26), John W. Haley’s, Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible, p. 398, Robert Jamieson in the Jamieson, Fausette, & Brown Bible Commentary, (Vol. One, p. 546), and in the Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, (Vol. 3, p. 269).

Most scholars, however, believe that the text in 2 Chronicles reflects a scribal error. There is some evidence for the belief that the ancient Hebrews did not spell out numbers, as is the case in modern texts; rather, there was a letter/number system by which numbers were signified by letters of the Hebrew alphabet (though how far back this practice goes is speculation see: John Davis, Biblical Numerology, Baker, 1968, p. 38). Several of the letters in the Hebrew script are strikingly similar in appearance, and such is the case with the letters which represent twenty-two and forty-two. A very slight stroke of the pen could blur the distinction.
If it should be objected that God could have protected the scribes from any and all mistakes, one need only remind himself that such a precise oversight would have involved a miraculous influence upon the scribes across the centuries. Clearly, that was not Jehovah’s plan for the exercise of miraculous phenomena. For an excellent discussion of scribal transmission, see Haley (Discrepancies, p. 19ff).
In addition, several ancient translations cast doubt upon the forty-two figure. Most manuscripts of the Septuagint have the number twenty, and one has twenty-two. Twenty-two is also reflected in the Syriac and the Arabic versions. Accordingly, some of the more current English translations have changed forty-two in 2 Chronicles 22:2, to twenty-two (NASB, NIV, ESV).'

Thats it simple and clear

Now let us ask this boy whether the scribal error is God's fault? whether this is not an indictment on his bible as having Scribal errors to the extent of writing 42, i only hope you know that the Jews did not have number at the time of writing the bible rather they wrote their numbers in words, Scribal error indeed, this shows us one thing the bible is one big copy copy work were one author copies another and claim he was inspired Just like mathew and john ,Luke mark did in the new testament watch out for another explosive thread, on the Copy cCopy in the NT As for toba how do you know other portions of the Ot are not Scribal error? but At lass he has Log out to save face.

Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by nopuqeater: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
[quote]« #20 on: Today at 02:46:58 PM »

The OP was also illogical as u failed to make your intent Know and the use of English Affected u, which was why u later changed[/QUote]After all of the above, he responded what he said was "illogical". We see irrationality at its highest. He cant deny that the son, by the statement of the Bible is older than his father. I know that he has a god that is human, that dies for him, yet many will end up in the pit of hell, that says he is a servant, yet he insists that he must be 'divine', that he spoke about his soul being in existence before Abraham was on earth, but Toba must switch it around, anyhow to support a lie.

I get it now; It is a tradition of his to support a lie.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
vedaxcool:

Which made you Jittery?
I always tried to educate u on how to use the question mark, but till now u still dont get it. Is that a statement u were making above or one of ur numerous nonsense post?

vedaxcool:

Nonsense keep loging in and out to look for sense.
Another Bulls.hi.t as usual. Is there any sense in the above. So u expect me to sit behind my system all day that a jodless goon like u anticipating response to some of ur thrash? goosh, too bad if thats ur thinking grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
vedaxcool:

another nonsense from a kid of the streets, Rhino contention was clear he said it did not put the words immediate, now how many events in the bible do you find the words immediately, Rhino assertion is even more fatal as we can count many places were the word immediate does not occur as we can ask when Mary concieved Jesus did it happen immediately? as we do not find the words immediate, keep freeting over your poor understanding if this thread.

Have u made sense with the above post according to ur self? U need to go get a life and get educated. From the trick u played in the Op, which u never taught would be unravelled, Rhino got u and we all saw ur poor knowledge of the understanding of English Language. I will qoute Rhino's response to the thrash u had in the OP
Rhino.3dm:

42 years old when he began to reign. . . Meaning he did not start reigning immediately.

Simply analogy:

lets assume his father died when he was 10 years. . . Then 32 years later he begins to reign.
The year he started reighning does no depend on his father's age and by extension does not depends on the age at which his father dies.

You can die at 30 and your son which is 2years now can become the king 30 years later i.e at the age of 32. That does not mean is age is greater than yours in totality!
Capito!

His response to ur OP shows ur delusion. Upon realizing same u took a twist ur like mohammad will do too bad oooooo

vedaxcool:

Now let us ask this boy whether the scribal error is God's fault? whether this is not an indictment on his bible as having Scribal errors to the extent of writing 42, i only hope you know that the Jews did not have number at the time of writing the bible rather they wrote their numbers in words, Scribal error indeed, this shows us one thing the bible is one big copy copy work were one author copies another and claim he was inspired Just like mathew and john ,Luke mark did in the new testament watch out for another explosive thread, on the Copy cCopy in the NT As for toba how do you know other portions of the Ot are not Scribal error? but At lass he has Log out to save face.
This is what gives me grief about muslims and their ignorance. Didn't u claim that mohammad was being spoken about in the bible in both the old and NT? was there no error in those portions that u alleged were referring to mohammad? Too bad. just too bad

I have asked simple questions that needs to be responded to
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2010
nopuqeater:

After all of the above, he responded what he said was "illogical". We see irrationality at its highest. He cant deny that the son, by the statement of the Bible is older than his father. I know that he has a god that is human, that dies for him, yet many will end up in the pit of hell, that says he is a servant, yet he insists that he must be 'divine', that he spoke about his soul being in existence before Abraham was on earth, but Toba must switch it around, anyhow to support a lie.

I get it now; It is a tradition of his to support a lie.

U are talking about irrationality, which is very common with u muslims no? u like to talk thrash and thrash. U call christians non believers yet ur quran says blessed are those that believes in Jesus and follow him. How irrational could that be on ur part?

Who told u that some pple will end up in pit and that all muslims are excluded from going into the pit?

Theres was a thread on Islam and terrorism, which u all abandoned and took off. I would have exposed all the irrationality behind islam part of ur claims that mohammad was mentioned in the bible yet the same bible was copy and copy. How illogical can that be on ur part?

Like i said im here for u guys and i dont ever get tired onugo?
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
toba:

Have u made sense with the above post according to your self? U need to go get a life and get educated. From the trick u played in the Op, which u never taught would be unravelled, Rhino got u and we all saw your poor knowledge of the understanding of English Language. I will qoute Rhino's response to the thrash u had in the OPHis response to your OP shows your delusion. Upon realizing same u took a twist your like mohammad will do too bad oooooo

Poor creature, I hope rhino has not turned to you savior and personal lod! as Rhino has deserted the foolery found in the OP, and left your sorry bitt in the oven. In any case You are forgiven for having no senseble answer to the foolery of a book where the a son can be older than his father now only a stinking drunk can make such a daft mistake. heheheheheh, don't wait up, Log in and outer!
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
vedaxcool:

Poor creature, I hope rhino has not turned to you savior and personal lod! as Rhino has deserted the foolery found in the OP, and left your sorry bitt in the oven. In any case You are forgiven for having no senseble answer to the foolery of a book where the a son can be older than his father now only a stinking drunk can make such a daft mistake. heheheheheh, don't wait up, Log in and outer!

Just imagine the bolded parts in ur post, lives me shaking my head in pity for u. Go learn English welu wellu onugo?
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by Rhino3dm: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
Hmm. . . . Still trending. Bravo!
For those that understand arabic . . . .
Rhino ala kulli yommi dalabil ilimi kasiran fil nuratil duniya . . . Haza minni.
Re: How TO Be Older Than Your Father And Still Be Alive by vedaxcool(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
vedaxcool:

Poor creature, I hope rhino has not turned to your savior and personal lod!(you dont expect me calling him lord, do you) as Rhino has deserted the foolery found in the OP, and left your sorry bitt in the oven. In any case You are forgiven for having no sensible answer to the foolery of a book where the a son can be older than his father now only a stinking drunk can make such a daft mistake. heheheheheh, don't wait up, Log in and outer!

Toba Good thing you have no sensible answerto this thread instead of fleeing for your life, you make further mockery of your life, Mr. English lookk at your bad english
toba:

Just imagine the bolded parts in your post, lives me shaking my head in pity for u. Go learn English welu wellu onugo?

It is Leave's me not Lives me, Poor soul. HEHEEHeHHEheheh grin

(1) (Reply)

The Atheist's Riddle: 30+ Skeptics Attempt To Solve It / Rev. King Holds A Crusade In Awka! / ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.