Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal (43583 Views)

Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo / LP’s Legal Team In Court With HD TV As Channels TV Staff Is Called As Witness. / Opinion Poll Favors Tinubu As Atiku Fumbles In Handling PDP Internal Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by HeWrites(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2019
On Monday, June 10, 2019, the Senator, who represented Akwa Ibom north-west district in the 8th National Assembly, Godswill Akpabio, watched appalled as Mr. Usen, one of his witnesses, admitted that there was no accreditation in polling units in the ward where he was a collation agent, Igbere TV reports.

The Senator who on Monday for the first time since the National Assembly Petition Tribunal began sitting appeared at the court was opportune to be briefed through the prehearing report of the tribunal, which marked the end of the prehearing session and commencement of trial.

Mr. Usen, who claimed to be a Chieftain of the ruling APC and 2019 elections ward collating officer in Essien Udim Local Government Area, affirmed that the box designed for accreditation of voters was not ticked on result sheets shown to him by INEC, which means there was no accreditation in seven polling units, leading to cancellation of elections in those units.

On further prompting the witness responded that voters’ registers and card readers are tools for accreditation, and explained that where the card reader fails, accreditation are usually done manually.

The witness who was up to testify that INEC was not justified in cancelling the results from the units, also told the tribunal that card readers malfunctioned in various polling units in his area.

Taking the floor, Barr. Emukporueo, representing the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and two other officials of the Commission joined as respondents, asked if the witness is aware that results of seven units were cancelled in his ward, but got a negative reply.

Barr. Emukporoeu craved the indulgence of the tribunal to put it to the witness, that the results which led to the cancellation of seven polling units in his ward are completely inconsistent and not a product of the voters’ registers which were marked as exhibits R2, R4, R5, R7, R8, R11.

The Counsel to the petitioner, Barr. Ameh’s made futile attempts to save his witness who was apparently running out of explanations on how the exhibit, did not indicate accreditation of voters.

Ameh argued before the tribunal that the witness is not the maker of the documents and the function of the voters’ registers are for the polling units, stressing that his witness was a ward agent.

Barr. Emukporueo urged the tribunal to overrule the objection of his colleague as the questions were reactions to the words of the witness himself, who said that card readers malfunctioned and accreditation was done manually, thus opening himself to questions concerning the voters’ registers.

He referred the tribunal to section 222 of the evidence act, and held that the witness got questions within the confines of the evidence act, to test his credibility and would be unfair to INEC to be stopped from asking their questions.

He finally submitted that it is a life and critical issue to ask if there was accreditation and election, adding that there was no election because election is a process, which starts with accreditation. He also held that materials were hijacked, while ad-hoc staffs were kidnapped and abducted.

The tribunal, after listening to arguments of all the parties, ruled that the witness should answer the questions directed to him, as they are all in line with Section 295(2) of the evidence act.

The tribunal accordingly adjourned to Friday, June 14 , 2019.

http://igberetvnews.com/760435/2019-senate-akpabio-watches-as-witness-fumbles-in-tribunal/

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by aolawale025: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
A times politicians just want to try their luck at the tribunal

48 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by AmadiAba: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
I pity Akpabio

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by hisexcellency34: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
I heard he went to Aso Villa but Buhari asked security guards to chase him away

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by BruncleZuma: 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Bede2u(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
Akpabio will regret following yoruba moslems

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Richdad50(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
shocked

The lessons from Akpabio is one that will be remembered for generations to come. A story of pride and greed, ears that failed to listen and a heart wrecked by selfishness.

Every victory lap is sweet but a compensation for failure (getting a ministerial position)leaves sour taste.

Richdad

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by emmykk(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
T
Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Princeton92(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
He paid them to lie na,

That's what he does best to paid people to lie for him

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by omocalabar(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Bede2u:
he joined APC to escape EFCC....He was the first target of EFCC after Buhari was sworn in in 2015

15 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin
Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by 01mcfadden(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lol
The length these politicians go to get witnesses is unimaginable.
After the last gubernatorial in Ekiti, many Corps members that participated in the election were summoned albeit willingly to the Governor's office to come and give account of what happened at the polling units where they officiated.

Many people came from different local governments, I went too and when it was my turn to be interviewed, I told the barristers quizzing us that there was vote buying by apc and pdp at my polling unit.
The barristers said that was a common knowledge.
Me that I didn't wanr anything that'd later be some said someone said.
Lol

I just collected my transport fare and compensation fare and vamoozed. We rehearsed our lines well before leaving for the office.
Come see obvious lies from corps members. I just dey laugh with style.

They can assemble 200 people just to get something to nail the opposition.
Politicians can waste money ehn.

Eleka was there, I just dey pity the man. He appeared uninterested in the case. My mind told me it was Fayose that was spurring him on.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Princeton92(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Bede2u:

Dont include Muslims in this oo, don't go astray brother even tho I agree that he'll regret his wrong moves!

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Splashme: 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lol
Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by donwhizkid(m): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
In Dino Voice.... Governor pass governor, hayeyeyeye Udom pass Akpabio hayeyeyeye... Lol

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by dadavivo: 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
Apkabio should stop embarrassing himself. Akwa Ibom is PDP

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Bede2u(m): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
Princeton92:

Dont include Muslims in this oo, don't go astray brother!
Yoruba christians are good people

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by straighttalk(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
Minister of NigerDelta
Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Owaincouncil: 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
Is this one serious at all.
Reading paper in the court.
It's like he has lost hope in the case or the orijo for winning at tribunal is in the paper.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Princeton92(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
Bede2u:
Yoruba christians are good people

Both Muslims N Christians are good depending on whichever one you come across

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by fukushaki(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin
Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by reubenobi(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
hisexcellency34:
continue HEARDING.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Riversides2003(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Akpabio should re strategize for 2023, you have lost this one already.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by helinues: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Akpabio is learning in hard way
Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Bede2u(m): 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
Princeton92:

Both Muslims N Christians are good depending on whichever one you come across
the moslems are too political...both hausa and yoruba moslems....there is no developed country run by them....even tho they always want to lead

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Bede2u(m): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
omocalabar:
he joined APC to escape EFCC....He was the first target of EFCC after Buhari was sworn in in 2015
and to become senate president

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by captianfreeman(m): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
It is okay like that.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by Afospecialk: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
We ar in the mode of celebration pls.
No body should disturb us with tribunal news again

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Senate: Akpabio Watches As Witness Fumbles In Tribunal by senatordave1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
hisexcellency34:
You need to vacate this forim

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / Zungeru: Birth Place Of Ojukwu, Azikiwe, David Mark -What It Looked Like In 1900 / 10 Things To Know About The New Electoral Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.