Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (39552 Views)

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android / Huawei Is Trying To Dump Hongmeng OS And Migrate To Sailfish Fish OS / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Harmoneasy: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
jaxxy:

It’s not about creating software pls. Even Samsung have had their own os bt haven’t rolled it out for sm reasons. Huawei is trying to bite more than thay can chew.

I appreciate their resilience and innovation bt they need to understand the art of dialogue and due process in sm issues. Samsung and iPhone have sorted most of their issues out and they are still the top seller of phones.

Note anybody can make a software it’s about the utility and robustness of the software that counts. They shud consult Microsoft and blackberry b4 they waste money. Abi will the Chinese govt force the Chinese to use it by force like they like to do?
i sure understood the point you highlighted out, well said points, but the end will tell. Thanks sir.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Harmoneasy: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
Henri8:

They practically told Trump yesterday that banning them from dealing with Huawei was counter productive as Huawei would develop their own OS.
Hmm they have sure got guts and courage.. I really wish them well...
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Harmoneasy: 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
gnykelly:

They are begging the the US government to allow hauwei to install android
The ban issue is actually taking a new shape, i pray it favours them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Harmoneasy: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

It's just a derivative of Android - Android is open source.

Probably, all they had to do was search for Google's name in the source code and delete it.
Hmm 5 months from now will surely unveil how well they are not by how far tho...
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by gnykelly(m): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
Harmoneasy:
The ban issue is actually taking a new shape, i pray it favours them

It is already taking shape... You need to see that hauwei flagship phone p30. That was just a tip of the iceberg... They have revolutionary models for all features on android and hardware... From Bluetooth to chipset.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Mrshy: 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
waste of time..who will use a phone without Facebook,Google, Snapchat,Twitter, whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube,Skype etc?..the world uses huawei phones cos of Google's playstore and because it uses american software.whonwill buy a phone with Chinese os apart from china?

tizen OS(Samsung), windows phone and blackberry is were strong enough but couldn't penetrate..don't forget microsoft is the largest software makers ,Samsung is the biggest smartphone company and blackberry had the most secured is in the world
You are very very wrong , all those apps can be bought via os ,blackberry is far from the mist secured phone , e no even get position, don't argue with me.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Mrshy:

You are very very wrong , all those apps can be bought via os ,blackberry is far from the mist secured phone , e no even get position, don't argue with me.
thanks....if u don't know,blackbery is responsible for security of American, Canadian and German military equipment securities
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by verifiablefacts: 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
OrestesDante:

I don't drink origin. Gimme lacasera mixed with Soyamilk. And I'm done with all my worries cheesy cheesy
chemicals
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Dottore: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:
As much as I love the never say die spirit if Huawei the sad reality is that they can't survive this for long. Google and America has them by the balls. The question is who are those who buys their phones besides their market in China,. The other continents would not go near their products except probably Africa. Because America has so bossed over the mobile application and software market that it would be crazy for anybody from Europe, Australia, the 2 Americas and most part of Asia to use phones without Facebook, WhatsApp, Google and many other application compatibility.

And to further aggravate this, America controls the media, they'd make everyone not using those applications look like they are missing everything on earth. And the advantage chinese mobiles have had over the years is providing great technology for cheap price, cheapness isn't an incentive for people living in the continents I mentioned earlier except Africa due to poverty. People in Europe, Australia, the Americas and parts of Asia would rather buy an expensive phone that gives them access to the best there is online than buy a cheap phone that offers very little in comparison. Only Africans don't have a choice and even at that those of us who can afford it would still go for the Android phones. That's why Huawei are trying to consolidate the African market but it's a pity Africa can't save them. They need the rest of the world.

This is what I think would happen, because Google would also suffer since they would lose 5 of their biggest 6 OS users. They would try to raise up another country to take over from China in mobile phone production and my guess is India, because of the population, poverty, and the great education they have in India this makes India ripe for such venture. Nigeria might have been a great option too but sadly we're not serious and once they succeed in making great Android phones with cheap prices. Then forget about Oak OS, it would die out

Both Google and Huawei would lose a lot but Huawei might lose far more in the end

Oga Huawei don't need US market to stand. Besides Huawei and ZTE had been banned in US since beginning of 2018 despite that they kept waxing strong especially Huawei

They said their rival OS will be compatible with all Android apps and believe me if they fail to do so they'd have a way of forcing their Chinese alternative apps down the throat of customers. Over 1billion users of Chinese version of Youku for YouTube, Baidu for Facebook, wechat for whatsapp are very comfortable with it and trust me they are not missing anything.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Dottore: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
jaxxy:

It’s not about creating software pls. Even Samsung have had their own os bt haven’t rolled it out for sm reasons. Huawei is trying to bite more than thay can chew.

I appreciate their resilience and innovation bt they need to understand the art of dialogue and due process in sm issues. Samsung and iPhone have sorted most of their issues out and they are still the top seller of phones.

Note anybody can make a software it’s about the utility and robustness of the software that counts. They shud consult Microsoft and blackberry b4 they waste money. Abi will the Chinese govt force the Chinese to use it by force like they like to do?
Oga sounds more like they should have consulted you too before they created the company. Stupidity didn't bring them to the second position of world phone makers and the first and the best 5G vendor. They retired most of the big names while the few surviving ones are either comatose or struggling for survival.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by jaxxy(m): 10:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
Dottore:

Oga sounds more like they should have consulted you too before they created the company. Stupidity didn't bring them to the second position of world phone makers and the first and the best 5G vendor. They retired most of the big names while the few surviving ones are either comatose or struggling for survival.

So Ure telling me Microsoft who failed in achieving their fones running their own successful software is stupid? Microsoft is a global software giant. I clearly stated my reasons based on sm past attempts.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Dottore: 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
jaxxy:

So Ure telling me Microsoft who failed in achieving their fones running their own successful software is stupid? Microsoft is a global software giant. I clearly stated my reasons based on sm past attempts.
Microsoft makes only specialized OS and software for PC and servers. Microsoft couldn't displace google because google centre's on phones and gadgets and are really good at it.

Compare with this scenario:
Huawei is a top notch phone maker
Huawei is a Chinese company and they already have hundreds of millions of Chinese to use to test their OS because Google apps are not working in China so Huawei already have advantage of numbers plus government support. Most phone brands are Chinese companies and they are already jointly testing Huawei’s OS. They can easily succeed with their home country taking advantage of the numbers then forcing whatever they come up with down the throats of the massive population of Africa that they are already enslaving economically. Isn't that a good success story for Huawei.

Huawei doesn't even need US market to stand because they had already been banned in the US alongside ZTE since beginning of 2018 yet they they kept waxing strong and even pioneered 5G technology that made US to start convulaing in fear

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by jaxxy(m): 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2019
Dottore:

Microsoft makes only specialized OS and software for PC and servers. Microsoft couldn't displace google because google centre's on phones and gadgets and are really good at it.

Compare with this scenario:
Huawei is a top notch phone maker
Huawei is a Chinese company and they already have hundreds of millions of Chinese to use to test their OS because Google apps are not working in China so Huawei already have advantage of numbers plus government support. Most phone brands are Chinese companies and they are already jointly testing Huawei’s OS. They can easily succeed with their home country taking advantage of the numbers then forcing whatever they come up with down the throats of the massive population of Africa that they are already enslaving economically. Isn't that a good success story for Huawei.

Huawei doesn't even need US market to stand because they had already been banned in the US alongside ZTE since beginning of 2018 yet they they kept waxing strong and even pioneered 5G technology that made US to start convulaing in fear

That’s why I later on stated unless they are going force it on themselves in China and then Africa who like the cheap China fones bt there are many other scenarios that play out which u haven’t considered especially for Africa who can still a choice to decide against it and that with regards to apps and probably sm other areas We can’t even envisaged now. Microsoft started well with lumia they also had Nokia share of the market seemed poised to do great, had best Fone camera at sm point bt 2years after still didn’t penetrate for sm reason.

Huawei can only succeed in China and that’s only if they ban google there rather than compete with android there.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Harmoneasy: 2:58am On Jun 13, 2019
gnykelly:

It is already taking shape... You need to see that hauwei flagship phone p30. That was just a tip of the iceberg... They have revolutionary models for all features on android and hardware... From Bluetooth to chipset.
that phone no be beans o, if i handle that device, even if i no chop for next three days i am satisfied

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Skseries: 8:47am On Jun 13, 2019
pacespot:

never underestimate the potentials of an innovative technology, one thing I know for sure in life is that people love to explore something new and Chinese are very good at innovations.

if the oak OS provides a better user experience in terms of slick use than what currently exists in Android, be waiting for the forth industrial revolution that will knock out the ass of Android and other American tech giants. everything depends on how innovative the new OS is.
is not even user experience, one problem with Android is security due to it's open source nature, imagine an OS with blackberry security level but still run Android app in full... Which will users trust more?
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by gharris: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello! Have anybody worked with creating new mobile apps? I mean some working chats for work team or something like that? I wanna create one of this chat for my small online business where we can communicate with my team. How do you think should I check its functionality and usability with special service like this one https://testmatick.com/our-qa-services/mobile-testing-services/ ?
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by ImDStar: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2019
Topmaike007:
na aeroplane?
grin grin
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by vutramanh(f): 4:10am On Jul 06, 2019
I unquestionably getting a charge out of each and every piece of it. It is an awesome site and pleasant offer. I need to bless your heart.. Thanks
atari breakout

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

#1000nigerianwaystodie Currently Trending On Twitter / Which Data Subscription Is Better For Android Phones? / New Glo Data Plans For Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.