Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (39530 Views)

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android / Huawei Is Trying To Dump Hongmeng OS And Migrate To Sailfish Fish OS / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2019
sankout:

So you think other phone maker will dump Google Android and move to a new OS and people will just accept
So I will dump Samsung for a new OS
that's you alot of people in Africa will buy Tecno with Oak os without telling what it is
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by omoluka: 8:56am On Jun 12, 2019
lanre316:

Believe me, Google didn't want to do this. But when your president orders something, you dare not day no.

But seriously, Google has nothing to fear. Those android clones will still run Google apps, otherwise it won't sell. Who want to use a phone without Play Store, Google search, YouTube, Gmail, Google maps, Google adsense etc etc etc. Whatever the situation, it is still a win situation for Google. That company is much bigger than you think. They are the Internet.
1000 likes for this guy, Google is the internet.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Ugosample(m): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
waste of time..who will use a phone without Facebook,Google, Snapchat,Twitter, whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube,Skype etc?..the world uses huawei phones cos of Google's playstore and because it uses american software.whonwill buy a phone with Chinese os apart from china?

tizen OS(Samsung), windows phone and blackberry is were strong enough but couldn't penetrate..don't forget microsoft is the largest software makers ,Samsung is the biggest smartphone company and blackberry had the most secured is in the world

I like the fighting spirit still

never give up or capitulate
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by jaxxy(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
|
|
|
v

Huawei be feeling themselves. They can only get China and maybe Africa who always want free lunch bt that’s all.

Tell me why they banned Samsung in China grin bunch of two Timing players. Now America bans huawei they crying grin

Competition shud be free and fair. Period!

5 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2019
heskeyw:
People that are talking about apps. Most of 2.6million apps on play store, only 600,000 apps are useful. Others are duplicates and replicas with various names. Huawei acquiring aptoide puts Google in a defensive position. Reason is that people(especially nigerians) won't have to pay any money just to download apps again unlike play store where some apps are paid.
windows had about 700k apps and it never took off.who told u developers will make their apps free?.how do u think developers make a living? u think they are philanthropists?.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2019
Ugosample:

I like the fighting spirit still

never give up or capitulate
I understand u,but their fighting spirit is useless if u understand the software world
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by hfc80: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2019
Day dreamer spotted
Pierced:
Fake news.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2019
sankout:

Have use the so called Aptoide
Trash you think Tecno will abadon Google play very fast

Am sure people like you still use Google apps very well
and do you know that many of this Chinese will adopt there own indigenous Os and use it to make phone to the world,they are not Nigeria where we have Afonja Yamirin,Almajaris,Ipod,they are all one and not divided

Transsion will use it to build there phone and I know you will use it.

And to tell you Google is currently looking for a way to put Huawei back in the family of Android.

All this American tech companies are not Happy with the ban,they don't have choice that was why they ban Huawei because of there tyrant president that dictate like Buhari

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by IsaAbubakar: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2019
princemillla:

Unfortunately, there product will also thrive in other parts of the world as well. Hauwei has a name already wether its chipped by google OS or not. It will still make its way into the international market. And by the way Google had trust issues too wen they came on board so, I don't expect to see Hongmeng grow so fast to challenge Google but all in all, we will av something different to taste
bro i agree but let me remind you that the ban is not only on android
even chipset like Qualcomm etc
unless you mean African countries because this their new phones with krin chipset (which i even doubt their independence on it) will fail quality control test in some European countries and probably influence by the US remember Panasonic a UK owned firm pulled out from them so you see what America influence can do.

as it stands their only hope is African countries and the question is are we really ready to dump android?
remember companies like Xiaomi oppo are out to make profit and ask yourself are they really gonna risk dumping android and probably risk their US and Europe markets?
remember this is business no sentiment

Bro inasmuch as i hate monopoly the sad truth is that this new OS is dead on arrival cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Ugosample(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
I understand u,but their fighting spirit is useless if u understand the software world

And you think Hauwei does not understand the software's world?

They will weigh their options and do what they have to

Only if more corporations are this brazen...
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Karex81(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2019
Reason windows os and blackberry os failed because it was closed source just like ios. Ios is surving because of their ecosystem. They don't only produce phones, they produce alot of things will can supplement thier sales.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
windows had about 700k apps and it never took off.who told u developers will make their apps free?.how do u think developers make a living? u think they are philanthropists?.
all those app you guys are mentioning is already in there app store no shit worrying about app
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2019
Karex81:
Reason windows os and blackberry os failed because it was closed source just like ios.
thank you Biko help me Tell them oo
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:03am On Jun 12, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
unless you mean African countries because this their new phones with krin OS (which i even doubt their independence on it) will fail quality control test in some European countries and probably influence by the US remember Panasonic a UK owned firm pulled out from them so you see what America influence can do.

as it stands their only hope is African countries and the question is are we really ready to dump android?
remember companies like Xiaomi oppo are out to make profit and ask yourself are they really gonna risk dumping android and probably risk their US and Europe markets?

Bro inasmuch as i hate monopoly the sad truth is that this new OS is dead on arrival cheesy
let's see how it will go

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by shogsman(m): 9:03am On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

My brother, I just dey laugh the ignorant ones hailing this chinko.

If big tech coys with OS like Microsoft, symbian, Bb etc were knocked out, tell me if it is this chinko that will make it. Well, their dumping ground will be Africa

If two of you still don’t understand that this os will run android apps seamlessly,you have no business in this section.

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by omoadeleye(m): 9:04am On Jun 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
sorry for using the foul word on you!

alright, all cool
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by justianoo(m): 9:04am On Jun 12, 2019
Cletus77:
grin cheesy shocked That combo na fire
I need to try it out
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Burgcudi(m): 9:04am On Jun 12, 2019
Every economy issues globally will be reverse once Donald Trump lose come 2020.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by justianoo(m): 9:04am On Jun 12, 2019
Cletus77:
grin cheesy shocked That combo na fire
I need to try it out
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by djon78(m): 9:04am On Jun 12, 2019
jaxxy:

It’s not about creating software pls. Even Samsung have had their own os bt have rolled it out for sm reasons. Huawei is trying to bit more than thay can chew.

I appreciate their resilience and innovation bt they need to understand the art of dialogue and due process in sm issues. Samsung and iPhone have sorted most of their issues out and they are still the top seller of phones.

Note anybody can make a software it’s about the utility and robustness of the software that counts. They shud consult Microsoft and blackberry b4 they waste money. Abi will the Chinese govt force the Chinese to use it by force like they like to do?

The reason with most of you is that you guys don't know how the globe operates.
One of the things I learnt in management school is that Asian businesses run there businesses as national pride. They run there corporations to sustain national Glory.

During the 1997 Asian financial crisis that rocked the globe.

Other major global financial crisis was 1929 financial crisis which Germany survived more than other Nations which enabled Hitler to be capable of financing the second world war.

Then the 2008 financial crisis that hit the entire globe.

In the 1997 crisis Japanese companies that were spread around the globe began to repatriate huge funds home which helped to mitigate the free fall of there currency and economy. Americans and Europeans don't do such.
Asian firms are very patriotic to there Nations that's why Chinese government has taken this Huawei issue very personal

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by AngelicBeing: 9:04am On Jun 12, 2019
wink
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:04am On Jun 12, 2019
jaxxy:

Huawei be feeling themselves. They can only get China and maybe Africa who always want free lunch bt that’s all.

Tell me why they banned Samsung in China grin bunch of two Timing players. Now America bans huawei they crying grin

Competition shud be free and fair. Period!
Even India will use there phone and some European countries like Russia and many more

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by ImDStar: 9:05am On Jun 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
bro you don see the latest p30 pro that phone camera no be here at all

Hmmm.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
and do you know that many of this Chinese will adopt there own indigenous Os and use it to make phone to the world,they are not Nigeria where we have Afonja Yamirin,Almajaris,Ipod,they are all one and not divided

Transsion will use it to build there phone and I know you will use it.

And to tell you Google is currently looking for a way to put Huawei back in the family of Android.

All this American tech companies are not Happy with the ban,they don't have choice that was why they ban Huawei because of there tyrant president that dictate like Buhari

So by the time afonja ipob Yamirin
Start having difficulty in accessing Google AdSense you will provide alternative for them

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2019
djon78:

The reason with most of you is that you guys don't know how the globe operates.
One of the things I learnt in management school is that Asian businesses run there businesses as national pride. They run there corporations to sustain national Glory.

During the 1997 Asian financial crisis that rocked the globe.

Other major global financial crisis was 1929 financial crisis which Germany survived more than other Nations which enabled Hitler to be capable of financing the second world war.

Then the 2008 financial crisis that hit the entire globe.

In the 1997 crisis Japanese companies that were spread around the globe began to repatriate huge funds home which helped to mitigate the free fall of there currency and economy. Americans and Europeans don't do such.
Asian firms are very patriotic to there Nations that's why Chinese government has taken this Huawei issue very personal
some people don't Read or watch Bloomberg TV

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by gnykelly(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
if u don't know,those citizens I mentioned are America allies and the Huawei sanction isn't majorly going to benefit Americans but Asians(Japan,Korea, Taiwanese) cos Chinese companies and their government steal their intellectual property ;Indians and Vietnamese ( they will benefit as Americans will move their factories away from china to these countries)

You guys think China is popular because of cheap labour...
Tchina has the best from suppliers of raw materials to high quality labour to the best distributorship.

Just visit alibaba... You find any thing from spoon customization to high tech products... They will even collect your order and built to specifications... No where in the world they do that.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:07am On Jun 12, 2019
sankout:

So by the time afonja ipob Yamirin
Start having difficulty in accessing Google AdSense you will provide alternative for them
who told you that I can't access Google AdSense with browser

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 9:07am On Jun 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
blackberry Os was just there for themselves and not for all smartphones, meanwhile this phones will be running also Android app that was why the contacted apptoide to be there app store

They will be running Android apps like which one?

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 9:07am On Jun 12, 2019
Ugosample:

And you think Hauwei does not understand the software's world?

They will weigh their options and do what they have to

Only if more corporations are this brazen...
let me give u an analogy:Google Android is the biggest operating system in the world.google wanted to use that power to overtake windows computers by developing a computer OS called 'chrome OS'.for 10 years now,chrome OS is yet to get 1 percent of desktop computer Os.

microsoft is world's largest software maker but couldn't penetrate smartphone sector.

the quest is who will develop apps for Huawei when 95 percent of app developers outside china are American allies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Karex81(m): 9:08am On Jun 12, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
unless you mean African countries because this their new phones with krin OS (which i even doubt their independence on it) will fail quality control test in some European countries and probably influence by the US remember Panasonic a UK owned firm pulled out from them so you see what America influence can do.

What if the Chinese government forces them to use it as thier default os. What will then happen?, shey u know most phone companies are owned by Chinese firm.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 9:08am On Jun 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
all those app you guys are mentioning is already in there app store no shit worrying about app
u are clearly naive about applications and operating system
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Topmaike007(m): 9:09am On Jun 12, 2019
ImDStar:

I am considering buying that phone ooo, but I am scared meenn.

I don't want what would crash in just few months.
na aeroplane?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

#1000nigerianwaystodie Currently Trending On Twitter / TECNO Spark 7p (N60,900) Vs Infinix Hot 10 (N63,400) Which Should U Buy?(photos) / Which Data Subscription Is Better For Android Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.