Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? (16543 Views)

How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? / How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? / To Lose Weight Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by ne4real(f): 4:54pm On May 07, 2007
hi guys, what can i do to lose weight faster? i weigh 75kg and wear a size 12.

i've tried starving myself, eventhough i lost some weight, i have ulcer and since i started, the pains have increased. i also gym everyday and take these chinese slimming tea that makes me purge, and i've taken slimmming tabletes too.

Upon all these, i'm still the way i am and even if i lose weight, it's not visible, just a little. i'm tired. what do i do?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by cuteass1(f): 3:14am On May 08, 2007
What do you do??

You do nothing, absolutely nothing. Have you ever heard of body mechanism?? All you've listed and done, and yet no progress. That goes to show you were beautifully and wonderfully made the way you are . . and that no matter how you try it might just be a waste of your time,everyone has a boundary (i mean, when they get to that point, no more no less. Now i think you've gotten to yours)

Darling a "size 12" and you're looking for ways to loose weight, what, you want to look like some skeleton?? shocked

Girlfriend quit that bullshit and live your life, you have a perfect size and you're complaining. Some will see you as ungrateful ooh, what do you expect those much much bigger in size than you to do??

I can't give you any tips since i don't find your case pertubing, now you better start counting yourself as lucky, before i get mad angry grin grin
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by RedLips3(f): 3:24am On May 08, 2007
lepa shandy is what is reigning now even in Nigeria cute_ass, you can't blame the girl.

How tall are you? The best way to lose weight in Nigeria is by getting a sickness. Try pure water or suya from a dirty mallam, once you get typhoid or explosive diarrhea then you will definitely lose some weight   cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by cuteass1(f): 3:30am On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

lepa shandy is what is reigning now even in Nigeria cute_ass, you can't blame the girl.

I understand dear, not just in Nigeria but everywhere around the globe

But what pains me, is when someone who doesn't need it is still in the same boat as others who actually do.
We're trying to stop all the bulimnis and anorexias in the world and yet some want to join the club, its pathetic angry

Red_Lips:

How tall are you? The best way to lose weight in Nigeria is by getting a sickness. Try pure water or suya from a dirty mallam, one you get typhoid or explosive diarrhea then you will definitely lose some weight cheesy

LOL @ your advice,try searching for 10 ways to become anorexic on net, that'll be faster wink

Being skinny doesn't necessarily mean prettier, its what makes you look better. I have a friend on the same page who'll get mad at me and say "well Linda , i don't blame you, its because you're slim" shocked

I know i've turned my head for some "not so slim ones", the way you make use of what you have is what counts, some skinny ones are not even happy sef!!!
I don't advice being "fat" or being "out of proportion", but a "size 12" . . Comm'on, thats "medium" and sounds good to me ooh.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by RedLips3(f): 3:36am On May 08, 2007
cant do a bikini with size 12 though
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by cuteass1(f): 3:42am On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

can't do a bikini with size 12 though

Can't??

Who is size 12?? I'm sure Tyra Banks isn't anything less than size 12, or is she?? undecided

Tone your body, you can be a size 8 and still not capable of doing a bikini if you're not toned. If you have your parts fit and in the right places, who dare tell you not to?? tongue grin

Instead of loosing the weight, make the body you have fit and toned, and you'll be rockig your world. Do the exercises to keep in shape, eat less fatty stuff not to get bulks, be active to look good wink
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by ikamefa(f): 4:06am On May 08, 2007
ne4real:

hi guys, what can i do to lose weight faster? i weigh 75kg and wear a size 12.

i've tried starving myself, eventhough i lost some weight, i have ulcer and since i started, the pains have increased. i also gym everyday and take these chinese slimming tea that makes me purge, and i've taken slimmming tabletes too.

Upon all these, i'm still the way i am and even if i lose weight, it's not visible, just a little. i'm tired. what do i do?

no need to starve your self , eat your regular meals ,but eat more of fruits and vegetables, no need to take any slimming tablets , most of them are hormonal and may have adverse side effects at a later date
exercise more, vary your exercises(lift more weights), above all control your portions

loosing weight takes time, its not by magic and have lots of fun in the process ,in no time you will get to the ideal body image you want
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by RedLips3(f): 3:11pm On May 08, 2007
Lol maybe the Tyra of now is a size 12(doubt it though) but when she was a model she was between 2 and 4.

Maybe things are different in Europe, though maybe not since they seem to be thinner over there
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by omoge(f): 5:57pm On May 08, 2007
heard Aloe Vera is good for weight, saw the plant at the Jamaican store but don't know anything further about it.

also heard about using Lemon or Lime. A family friend was gisting about how she use lemon, pressed out the juice add much to each 8cups of her drinking water daily.
again, i heard of too much lemon is bad for a lady who wishes to conceive in the future, Me i don't really know.

excercise and stay active.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by cuteass1(f): 10:49pm On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

Lol maybe the Tyra of now is a size 12(doubt it though) but when she was a model she was between 2 and 4.

Maybe things are different in Europe, though maybe not since they seem to be thinner over there

What is a size 12 BTW??

Maybe i'm the one mixing things up . . the size 12 i had in mind was "british 12", is the "american 12" different??

Help me here, i think i''m lost, Cos if you say Tyra was a size 2 then i might have calculated wrong, here in Norway size 32/34 is XS, 36/38 is S, 40/42 is M and so on

So are they different . . explaining with small, medium, large terms please wink
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by RedLips3(f): 10:54pm On May 08, 2007
Size 12 is Large in most American stores.

some have large starting from 14 though.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by ne4real(f): 12:28pm On May 09, 2007
i mean a size 12 for british
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by anikibaby: 7:30pm On May 09, 2007
please stop taking those chinese pills/tablets/capsules i took them for a few months to decrease my appetite for my wedding. Since i got married i gained back the weight due to me being comfortable and content i tried to go back on the chinese pills but it INCREASED my APPETIITE i complained to the chinese herbal doctor and was told that my body system got use to the pills and now work the opposite.

Eat less, dont deprive yourself, aim to be active even if its just walking and you will see the weight drop off.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by dollyp1cute(f): 11:14am On May 10, 2007
Red_Lips:

The best way to lose weight in Nigeria is by getting a sickness. Try pure water or suya from a dirty mallam, once you get typhoid or explosive diarrhea then you will definitely lose some weight   cheesy

@Redlips
I tire for you o, i hope you are not a doctor, because this your prescription is something else (lmao).

@ne4rreal, just gentle jeje like cute ass said, before you kill yourself, especially with the chiness tea you are drinking, be careful o.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by BrownEyes4(f): 9:33pm On May 10, 2007
There is a book in Nigeria published by these Benedictine Monks. They have treatments in the form of natural herbs to help with ailments such as weight issues.

I read Urine Therapy can one lose weight very quickly but you have to be strong minded
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by bigbumper(f): 1:45am On May 14, 2007
cute-ass:

What is a size 12 BTW??

Maybe i'm the one mixing things up . . the size 12 i had in mind was "british 12", is the "american 12" different??

Help me here, i think i''m lost, Cos if you say Tyra was a size 2 then i might have calculated wrong, here in Norway size 32/34 is XS, 36/38 is S, 40/42 is M and so on

So are they different . . explaining with small, medium, large terms please wink

Shock shocked  shocked shocked horror shocked shocked shocked

Uk size 12 is 36/38 S and translates into size 8 in america. American size 12 is 44/46 L and is UK size 16.

Size 12 is on the small side for crying out loud. Personally I think you should do target exercise, instead of all over weightloss.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by cuteass1(f): 1:52am On May 14, 2007
@ big_bumper

No UK size 12 is like 40/42 M here in Norway

Because i use a size 8/10 in UK size and 36/38 S here in Norway

But anyways you're still saying my mind, because i think she should focus on what part of her body she finds protruding, because an average M size to me isn't bad at all for her to be beating up herself like that!!

What would an XL do?? jump into the gulley?? lol undecided grin
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by marlet01(m): 1:21pm On May 19, 2007
@ Topic

A simple process of Exercise and also be on diet prescribed by the doctor, you'll loose weight in no time.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by naijaway(m): 2:55am On May 22, 2007
are u in naij or outside? take long strolls for a month. If no changes, go village go farm for one month.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by maadoepa(f): 3:10am On May 22, 2007
sex, sex and more sex.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by kemiluv(f): 1:07pm On May 22, 2007
Loosing weight and keeping it off is not easy. It takes alot of commitment, discipline & determination. I've been trying to loose weight for a while too.Recently i discovered GNLD. I stated their weight loss programme yesterday and this time i believe it'll work. It doesn't involve starving yourself, they give you meal replacements that won't add calories to you but at the same time you'll feel full and satisfied after taking them, and they don't taste badly too! Find out about GNLD in Abuja and try the products. Or i could find out for you if you want.

Goodluck!
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by kemiluv(f): 1:09pm On May 22, 2007
and ofcourse keep on with your exercise programme.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by jenny2007(f): 11:47am On May 23, 2007
i'm a UK size 12 but i'm 5 foot 9 inches tall. How much a person weighs should depend on the height too ( i strongly believe). i don't fancy anyone being anorexic so i advise ne4real just to exercise regularly (say 3 or 4 times a week) but DO NOT STARVE yourself. cut down on the portion of food that you eat especially if you tend to put on weight very quickly. i normally do a bit of calorie counting when i find that my weight blowing out of proportion. Drink a lot of water too and cut out all those fizzy drinks. don't waste your money on all those herbal concoction that people like Quincy and Ayodele mix up. Exercising is the best bet i promise u.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by chumakk: 7:46pm On May 25, 2007
fast for 40 days and 40 nights, come and tell me the result undecided undecided
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by luxoire(f): 10:13am On May 29, 2007
Uk sizes are one size smaller than the Americans (cos americans are bigger)

But then most UK sizes are one size bigger than EU (cos europeans are 'smaller'

That in mind EU sizes are 2size smaller than US sizes, lol

@poster, ne4real
ur a size 12?, huney ur ok>?, hell y do u wanna starve urself smaller?, look at long as u are proportionate then that's cool I'm 75KG too, and i wear 12/14 UK. Im kool with it. I dont want to lose i just want to maintain.

If you do feel uncomfortable, then eat less, and exercise more, half your portions (calorie intake) and double ur gym time. But then do exercises like aerobics/treadmill. That way u'll burn more than u take in. that's the simple formula of it. all the other bla bla bla just won't work!!
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by mandi: 6:26am On Jun 11, 2007
Try Atkins or The South Beach Diet for two weeks to jump start your diet and take it from there. Remember 3500 calories equal ONE POUND of weight. If you reduce your caloric intake by 7000 per week, you will lose 2 pounds per week. Don't rush anything, just take it gradually. You will achieve your ideal weight.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by tasiana(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2007
my dear dnt kill urself ooo,ulcer kills believe me so stop starving urself.
for a size 12 ,u got no cause to complain except u mean u got a bit of a big belly,if so just do some crunches,push ups etc and a healthy diet of plenty fruits and vegs,go easy wth the carbs never eat late too and u will see dat tummy disappear.For me a flat tummied 12 is a near perfect size.
Goodluck wink
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by baby4u2(f): 5:11am On Jun 14, 2008
@arthurify why does she need to specifically mail you. abeg drop the info here oh jare. make sure you speak with a trainer. you may start slowly but after a while increase the intensity of the work out. make sure you surprise your body by doing  things the body is not use too. mix cardio with weight exercises. if you want you can go on vegetables and fruits for a whole month. or like one person said fast for days although that is extreme. this summer i have not been able to get myself out of the gym and the first two weeks where definitely tiring i felt like giving up because the weight didnt come off. but you'll see the weight come off, you will feel stronger and happier. just be dedicated to loosing the weight.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by bluehorizo(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
These links should help you. You need endurance in other to get rid of fats. Fats are so stubborn to get rid and it needs only consistency,patience and endurance.

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-lose-fat-fast/

http://www.lose-fat-fast.info/truth-about-losing-fat.php

You can google for more. You need not be unhappy about it,you will get there. wink wink
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Faster ? by ant01: 1:53am On Feb 12, 2010
am kinda in the same boat,
trying to lose weight, just had gave birth 4months back.
i still have 7kg to lose to get back to size 10 - 12. although i look ok as i am 5'11.5 and weigh 77 kg but i cant fit into most of my cloths!

i have lost 15kg so far.

Tips:
I always have breakfast, wholemeal - brown bread with egg, stew, or cereal, ( skimmed milk)
have fruits mostly carrot and banana, not a big fan of oranges and co as they have natural sugar which i noticed is not to good for me, i.e sugar,
then a main meal before 6pm, i try to have brown rice - smaller portion,

i also take green tea 2-3 times a day,
and i try to go to the gym, its a struggle so say twice a week and each visit i try to lose 300-400 calories - not much but better than nothing.
I bought a skipping rope and was doing 1000 skips a day 500 in the morning and 500 at night but i kind got fed up, i still try and skip but it is no longer consistent.

biscuits, youghurts and chocloates are a no no, gush i miss them ( i did take low calorie biscuits for about 2 weeks but i gained weight during this time, i guess i took too much cuz i always comforted myself saying they were low in fat!

men!!! i never use to worry about my weight, i was what they call lepa lol and i ate anything i wanted but now i have to count calories and stuff!

Thanks God for the babies though!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Natural Solutions To All Infertility Problems / Habits You Need To Do Away With. / Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.