Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,515 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:58 PM

It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari (34358 Views)

Demolitions: Don’t Cry Over Split Milk, Ohanaeze President Tells Igbos In Lagos / Good Luck, Senate President Tells Osinbajo / If Bola Tinubu Doesn't Take Time He Will Die Like A Goat - H.R.M Augustine Bola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by splendour7(m): 9:00am On Jun 12, 2019
Netanyahu1:
Another unskilled certificate carrying educated illiterate spotted.
lolz professor of law,list your achievements so far,,slowpoke.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2019
Aonkuuse:
Hope Rwanda has zero corruption Mr president. Even USA is still fighting corruption.

Read with ur brain, not with ur apc zombie I.D card
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2019
Mynd44:

I hope you realize that Kagame has been in office since 2000 and is imprisoning opposition officials cos he wants to stay

Blatant lies.

Meanwhile Putin has been in power since same year 2000.

Angelina Merkel has been in power for the past 12 years n won 4th term in 2017.

President Milo Dukanovich of Montenegro has been either prime minister or president since 1991.

Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, a woman, ruled iceland as president for 16 years.

Alexander Lukashenko has been president of Belarus for 25 years, since 1994 till today

And many more.

Humans cling on to power, it has absolutely nothing to do with race or tribe. Make una free Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by undefeateds: 9:14am On Jun 12, 2019
Aonkuuse:
Hope Rwanda has zero corruption Mr president. Even USA is still fighting corruption.

One foolish post again
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:15am On Jun 12, 2019
SEE PRESIDENT WITH BRAIN, MY RESPECT PRESIDENT KAGAME SIR.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 12, 2019
ibietela2:

Do you have the constitution he drafted? I saw a summary and i was like "Woooow"

I have read about him. Do you have a copy of the constitution? I would appreciate a copy please.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by liverpool72(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2019
tayebest:
Clear the log in your eyes before you try removing for another! angry

Tueh!
mumu continue
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by ibietela2(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2019
specter:

I have read about him. Do you have a copy of the constitution? I would appreciate a copy please.

I am looking for it, guess its not online and the FG will do anything to hide it.

Hi document took care of this "marginalization" we keep hearing...

I thought the idiotic guy that took over will implement that one
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by ibietela2(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2019
specter:

https://dawodu.com/ekwueme1.htm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/opinion/restructuring-whats-wrong-with-the-abacha-document/amp

You can try searching for it "Abacha 1995 constitution"
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by tiwasiaife(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Nigerian man, Power Osiweghor, has taken Nigerian government to the cleaners, saying rather than punish people who disgrace the country, the leaders of the nation reward them for dragging the name of Nigeria on the mud.

Shame of a nation: A national thug and mace runner has emerged the Deputy Senate President of Nigeria.
What a disgrace, what a shame, what a country!
We were taught that crime does not pay,
that thuggery is a mark of irresponsibility,
that leaders posses characters worthy of emulation.
Ovie Omo-Agege who committed the worst crime in history against our country should not be walking freely on the streets, he should be in jail! Not in the Senate, not to preside over our National Assembly.
They aim to make us hate our county and curse the day we were borne as Nigerians.
They aim to build hopelessness in us.
They aim to destroy our country.
But, they have failed!
Posterity will never be fair on them.
Nigeria does not belong to them alone. Nigeria is bigger than all of us. We won’t be discouraged, we won’t faint and we won’t loose hope.
We shall take back our country and place it where it rightly belongs.
However, its very unfortunate that some unscrupulous and cursed youths are celebrating this crime against humanity, against our progress and development.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Godwin2am(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=engreo post=79247207]Create value, create wealth, not merely fight corruption

Rwandan President, Paul Kagame, says President Muhammadu Buhari and other African leaders must refocus their efforts and passion on creating value, wealth and should stop fighting corruption endlessly.

Speaking at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) summit in Abuja, Kagame congratulated Buhari on his victory at the poll and said Nigeria must share resources equitably, so everyone can join the fight against corruption.

He also called on the president and other attendees to add value, create wealth, while fighting corruption, and not merely to fight corruption.

“There is one of your own [Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala], who wrote a book, titled, Fighting Corruption is Dangerous; so she gave me the book, and as I was looking at the title, I reminded her and said you need to be thinking of writing another book to state that not fighting corruption is even more dangerous.

“This is a fight that can be won wink[quote author=engreo post=79247207]Create value, create wealth, not merely fight corruption

Rwandan President, Paul Kagame, says President Muhammadu Buhari and other African leaders must refocus their efforts and passion on creating value, wealth and should stop fighting corruption endlessly.

Speaking at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) summit in Abuja, Kagame congratulated Buhari on his victory at the poll and said Nigeria must share resources equitably, so everyone can join the fight against corruption.

He also called on the president and other attendees to add value, create wealth, while fighting corruption, and not merely to fight corruption.

“There is one of your own [Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala], who wrote a book, titled, Fighting Corruption is Dangerous; so she gave me the book, and as I was looking at the title, I reminded her and said you need to be thinking of writing another book to state that not fighting corruption is even more dangerous.

“This is a fight that can be won
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by davillian(m): 9:54am On Jun 12, 2019
Aonkuuse:
No zero corruption any were and he did not say that on his speech.

Other countries are corrupt but Nigeria own is just too much.
Give a Nigerian 100billion for a project he will steal 80billion .
But in us they steal too but will do the project perfectly and steal 1%or2%
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Born2Breed(f): 9:54am On Jun 12, 2019

“We want to create value, we want to create wealth, not merely fighting corruption.”

The deaf one won't understand this message.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2019
splendour7:
Buhari did not create your unemployed situation for sure, your inability to understand just anything did, worse of all you are not getting any better.

You are getting frustrated and deranged by the day.

Even if Lincoln is the president, you would still be miserable .� a loser is a loser.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 12, 2019
Aonkuuse:
I know you understood his message dont be a critic when there is no need to..
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2019
splendour7:
You could not understand sarcasm, I don't think in a million years you can understand my achievements, they would look like rocket science to you.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2019
Born2Breed:

“We want to create value, we want to create wealth, not merely fighting corruption.”

Creating value? That's rocket science to him, as far as him and apc is concerned kagame is a wailer.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by jojothaiv(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2019
“the biggest sources and beneficiaries of corruptions are outside of Africa”

This sad realities was echo by the late Walter Rodney.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Born2Breed(f): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2019
Netanyahu1:
Creating value? That's rocket science to him, as far as him and apc is concerned kagame is a wailer.

Or there is rice in Kano. grin
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by jojothaiv(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2019

Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by doublecross(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Read with ur brain, not with ur apc zombie I.D card
i swear that guy is a bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by optimusprime2(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2019
Kagame tell him ooooo
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2019
Paul Kagame aka the Butcher is also talking. What about the opposition you have killed and sent on exile? Why stay long in power? Why is Paul Kagame involved the illegal mining in Congo? Why is Rwanda involved and benefiting from illegal mining in Congo?
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by BluntBoy(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2019
Nigerians want good things but don't want to make sacrifices.

They like Kegame but if Buhari becomes like Kegame, they would be the first to call him a despot or dictator.

Moreover, I agree with Ngozi Nkonjo Iweala that fighting corruption is dangerous, in Nigeria.

We can't get anything done because the country is divided along ethnic and tribal lines. You arrest this person, his tribesmen will stage protests and call the government names. How do you want to fight corruption then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:56am On Jun 12, 2019
coolcharm:
I love Paul Kagame. Intelligent, bold and apt.

He is undoubtedly the poster boy for the kind of leaders African countries are in dire need of.

I can imagine all the itchy bodies and uneasy faces while he spoke undecided

This guy no be angel o.

"Fighting corruption" is easier for him is easier because he runs a dictatorship in all but name.

Try to contest against him and you get locked up on trumped up charges and have your properties seized.

Even insulting him is illegal and will not you around 5 years.

No freedom of the press. Criticize him and you disappear.

They've also modified the constitution so he he can remain in power until 2034 - he's been VP since 1994 and president since 2000.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by brownbib(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2019
I wish president Buhari is healthy enough to assimilate what you're saying.
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by BluntBoy(m): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2019
Born2Breed:

You are the one not getting it. He never accused Buhari of merely fighting corruption.

Many of you are just filled with hate. Who told you that Buhari is merely fighting corruption?

Has everything else stood still since 2015? There has been tax holidays in the mining sector as well as opening up rice and other products to more investors. Rice farmers in many Northern states are becoming wealthy and the government is patronizing them in its feeding programs.

If that is not wealth creation, then, tell me what is?

You can't be lazing around and expect the government to create wealth for you.

1 Like

Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by chukwuyenumlove: 11:44am On Jun 12, 2019
BUHARI CANT FIGHT CORRUPTION BECAUSE HE IS CORRUPT HIMSELF.

IF BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT, HE WONT HAVE BEEN CLOSING HIS EYES TO CASES CLOSE TO HIM AND HIS GOVERNMENT

BUHARI IS LOOTING NIGERIA THROUGH PROXY
Re: It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari by Mynightmare: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2019
They will soon tag him wailer and ipob. Ndi ara

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV / Residents Flee Town Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor In Oraifite After Policemen’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.