Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

A Thread For Uber Drivers And Riders.... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Uber Drivers And Riders.... (383 Views)

Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. / Female Uber Drivers: Passengers Make Advances At Us, Send Disturbing Messages / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Uber Drivers And Riders.... by fab04(m): 7:32am On Jun 12, 2019
This is a thread for uber Drivers and Riders, your daily experiences generally while on a trip so that both riders and drivers can learn. I am an uber driver, started recently. I am also a graduate and i think most drivers on uber and bolt are graduates. its a side hustle most times, getting busy while something better comes up. For some its a job that put food on the table for the driver and his/her family. I said 'her' cos i was opportuned to meet a lady who is an uber driver. i was impressed and i was like "go girl", nothing should hinder you from making that money.

I was excited about starting but the registration process took longer than i expected but My account was finally active. Washed the car, cleaned everywhere in the car and i was ready to make 30k in one day grin or so i thought.... I intend to register on bolt so as to make up the idle times.
Re: A Thread For Uber Drivers And Riders.... by fab04(m): 7:35am On Jun 12, 2019
I drive in abuja by the way, and i havent stayed in abuja for long so sometimes i rely on the maps to take me to the destination. But i enjoy the slick roads and all. you wont worry much about your shaft, bearings etc.

I recieved my first request on a tuesday morning while i was close to area 1, went close to the old secretariate and picked a guy and a lady. i think they were going to work or something, dropped them at Wuse 2. it was a card trip and it was something i wasnt sure of. Ma guy is expecting to collect cash, 'oga you should know by now that you are a high level taxi driver, sometimes riders pay with card' grin grin grin That was how they dropped and the guy kindly told me its a card trip so the fair has been deducted from him already. Is that how we do? oya na lets make more money cool cool cool
Re: A Thread For Uber Drivers And Riders.... by fab04(m): 7:53am On Jun 12, 2019
The main cause of misunderstandings between drivers and riders is as a result of taking one route and the rider is expecting you the driver to take another route. Yesterday i was on twitter and i read about quarel that ensued between a lady and an uber driver in lagos. i think its all because of the same reason. Its always good for the driver to ask the rider which route to take before taking a particular route. Before someone will think you want to use them to buy benz in a matter of minutes grin grin grin
Another thing is that most drivers dont use the uber app for navigation, when the driver sees the destination he will switch to google maps which is more user friendly. The uber map gives you the shortest route while google map is designed in such a way that it will give you the best route, cutting out traffic lights, giving you routes with less traffic etc. I was at wuse 2 some days back, i ignored the google map route cos the destination is very close so why will i take a longer route shown to me by google map. I learnt the hard way when i took the turn and saw the road blocked by shi'ites protesting, Ah shocked. That was how the ETA was extended but the rider didnt complain cos he feels thats the best route. Google gave me a route that will make me by-pass the protest but i ignored. So i beg you riders to be gentle on us ehn kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Thread For Uber Drivers And Riders.... by fab04(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2019
Please feel free to join the conversation, any experience as a driver or rider that will make us enjoy our trips more.

(1) (Reply)

Biography Of Enimat / Nigerian Army Ranks And Full Nigerian Army Salary Structure (updated) / 19 Money Advice Learning To Help Make You Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.