Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 (31567 Views)

Wole Olanipekun: Why Obasanjo Almost Punched Me / 2019: Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari - Ex Gov. Oyinlola / Frame-up Allegation: Why Obasanjo Should Not Be Worried – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by oz4real83(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=Prompto post=79258219]Will believe you are not a lunatic with this comment after you provide prove of assassin the same Obasanjo claim Ebele Jonathan was training when Ebele was president.

The funny thing about you Igbo lunatics is you come on NL and start acting like you know more than your arge but more Nigerians are able to see tru your bigotry n unending foolishness now.

T

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by engrchykae(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
muykem:
But you know in your mind that you are not making any sense. OBJ is now a God that we just believe his judgement without evidence.
mko was part of the bad boys from the days of murtala and bad boys sabi themselves for street

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by SaturnNick(m): 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
mildflame:
Most Foolish president ever
Who?
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by SaturnNick(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
Okay... Another TGIW
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by oz4real83(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=Prompto post=79258219]Will believe you are not a lunatic with this comment after you provide prove of assassin the same Obasanjo claim Ebele Jonathan was training when Ebele was president.

The funny thing about you Igbo lunatics is you come on NL and start acting like you know more than your arge but more Nigerians are able to see tru your bigotry n unending foolishness now.

[/quote
[/quoteThere is a difference between ''proof'' and''prove''. Try to practise your English communication more and better. Obj has been one of the problems we have in this country. He has never done anything tangible with the several opportunities he has had to preside over this country.I have never supported him because he says the truth only when it suits him. He always wants to be the centre of attention and spreads wrong info about individuals when he fails to get attention. I am not an igbo. I am a pure and complete Nigerian from the south south. Continue in your ignorance and bigotry.
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by IsaAbubakar: 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
[s]
zibya:
I'm not a Yoruba man but I can relate cos it's my birthday cheesy
[/s]
trash

but happy birthday bleda
Assalamualaikum bra
greetings from sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman from kebbi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by Stillthebest: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
oz4real83:
There is a lot of information available to obasanjo that ordinary Nigerians don't know of that made him draw that conclusion. We all will be ashame and angry with most people we call ''heros'' in this country if we know much about them apart from what we know about them on newspapers,tv and radio.

Great post, but yet Obasanjo never believed anyone knew as much as he did let alone more. He's a leader by divinity not a self made leader. MKO deserved that honour but rather Obj would see him as a fellow Baptist secondary alumus.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by shomutuski(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
oz4real83:
There is a lot of information available to obasanjo that ordinary Nigerians don't know of that made him draw that conclusion. We all will be ashame and angry with most people we call ''heros'' in this country if we know much about them apart from what we know about them on newspapers,tv and radio.

Exactly my brother!!!! I've always been puzzled as to why fela keeps calling abiola a thief at every opportunity he gets. Fela has always said that abiola, obasanjo and babangida are international theif theif which was in reference to the role abiola played as the chairman of itt taking bribes and giving in a cartel most top politicians were in with him. The fact remains that abiola killed himself by being too ambitious and his cronies noticed that.

I don't see him as a my hero or any leader whatsoever he is just someone that gat got!!!
Read unbiased historical events which will show the role that idiot played.

I have to say, I'm yoruba and i don't have an atom of empathy for him. He is part of our problem today. All they do is claim to have a genuine altruistic desire to help then their greed develops.

Nobody should mention me plsss, this is just my honest opinion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1980/08/17/itt-allegedly-spent-millions-to-obtain-contracts-in-nigeria/e44ffce6-2b75-4fd8-bd7a-c1005cb15713/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a2c57531a12b

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by projectNDPRA: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
National Dialogue & Policy Refrom Awareness http://ndpra.home.blog
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by kayjay69(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
I get you, I really do. In hindsight, knowing what I know now, Obasanjo was right to say Abiola was not the messiah that Nigeria needed at that point. It is now common knowledge that Abiola benefitted massively from successive administrations (both military and civilian) enriching himself through corrupt means at the expense of the ordinary Nigerian. He was skilled at the art of deception, often behind the scenes while pulling strings to ensure that he thwarted the will of the Nigerian people either through coups or through rigged elections. And again in my opinion, he got what he deserved but I feel that is where it should stop.

The elections on June 12th, 1993 were the freest and fairest we have had as a country since the very inception. That much cannot be denied whether through clever talk or hearsay. It is true Tinubu and his cohorts primarily lobbied Buhari to have this as democracy day in a bid to win SW votes in the last elections (and look how that turned out, hahahaha). But what you also must understand is that the June 12th elections were personal for Tinubu as well. He also got his elections into the 3rd republic Senate annulled. And honestly speaking, May 29th (is it 27th, not sure abeg) was the day the Military handed over power to a Civilian Govt for the 4th Republic but in my view it does not hold as much significance as June 12th as the actual day we all as a nation despite our many differences tried atleast to vote in good conscience for our preferred candidates which is what democracy is about.

Does this mean I like Tinubu, Buhari or their politics? NO. But it is hard to fault their decision to recognise June 12th as Democracy day. And I think it continues even further to be harder for the likes of Obasanjo (who by the way was one of the sellouts of June 12th and who then benefitted massively from the fallout of June 12th) to continue not to acknowledge the importance of that day in our shared history.

FYI, I do not like anyone of these guys I mentioned by name above. One is not better that the other (my opinion). They've only had one mission and one mission alone which is to seek and gain power for power's sake and to use it to enrich themselves and their cronies at the detriment of the average Nigerian. But even when you do not agree with a person, you can still applaud their logic where applicable.
oz4real83:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by Insectkiller: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
We should all be careful on how we maime this man,OBJ,..

This man access more information more than anyone in this country even up till date..
He knows d politics and d politicking behind d pronouncement of June 12 as public holiday.

He was even a boss to all of the them...even the IBB (d major set back of Nigeria, ) was a GOC in ibadan under OBJ..

If I may ask a question:
Is MKO your or an hero??

Or just a coincidence of popularity based of June 12 election annulled by IBB babangida??

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by Insectkiller: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
Bear in mind the
Song of the Ordinary President of Kalakuta Republic, Fela Anikulapo Kuti the Great Baba 70..

Titled: ITT (International Thief Thief)..Baba 70 mentioned some names that will interest you there.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by somehow: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
Abiola got more votes all over the country than OBJ could or can ever get, so who's actually the tribal figure?

Obj was made the president to placate a tribe, so who then is actually a tribal figure? you're a baby in politics and should stick to feeding bottles for now.

hammerFC:
OBJ IS A NATIONAL FIGURE, ABIOLA IS A TRIBAL FIGURE.

NIGERIANS CANNOT RELATE WITH JUNE 12.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by Akolawole(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
hammerFC:
OBJ IS A NATIONAL FIGURE, ABIOLA IS A TRIBAL FIGURE.

NIGERIANS CANNOT RELATE WITH JUNE 12.

You may not be old enough to know Abiola.

He touched every tribe during his time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by 9gerian: 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
And you know this for a fact, how come?

oz4real83:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by oz4real83(m): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
kayjay69:
I get you, I really do. In hindsight, knowing what I know now, Obasanjo was right to say Abiola was not the messiah that Nigeria needed at that point. It is now common knowledge that Abiola benefitted massively from successive administrations (both military and civilian) enriching himself through corrupt means at the expense of the ordinary Nigerian. He was skilled at the art of deception, often behind the scenes while pulling strings to ensure that he thwarted the will of the Nigerian people either through coups or through rigged elections. And again in my opinion, he got what he deserved but I feel that is where it should stop.

The elections on June 12th, 1993 were the freest and fairest we have had as a country since the very inception. That much cannot be denied whether through clever talk or hearsay. It is true Tinubu and his cohorts primarily lobbied Buhari to have this as democracy day in a bid to win SW votes in the last elections (and look how that turned out, hahahaha). But what you also must understand is that the June 12th elections were personal for Tinubu as well. He also got his elections into the 3rd republic Senate annulled. And honestly speaking, May 29th (is it 27th, not sure abeg) was the day the Military handed over power to a Civilian Govt for the 4th Republic but in my view it does not hold as much significance as June 12th as the actual day we all as a nation despite our many differences tried atleast to vote in good conscience for our preferred candidates which is what democracy is about.

Does this mean I like Tinubu, Buhari or their politics? NO. But it is hard to fault their decision to recognise June 12th as Democracy day. And I think it continues even further to be harder for the likes of Obasanjo (who by the way was one of the sellouts of June 12th and who then benefitted massively from the fallout of June 12th) to continue not to acknowledge the importance of that day in our shared history.

FYI, I do not like anyone of these guys I mentioned by name above. One is not better that the other (my opinion). They've only had one mission and one mission alone which is to seek and gain power for power's sake and to use it to enrich themselves and their cronies at the detriment of the average Nigerian. But even when you do not agree with a person, you can still applaud their logic where applicable.
Both of us share the same opinion. There were people we thought were saints,but when "fowl yansh" blew open,we realised we were all wrong. MKO's election still remains the freest,fairest and most acceptable but it doesn't hide the personalities of the people involved. The only few I can say are heros I am proud of are fela,gani,dora and the doctor that gave her life in preventing the spread of ebola. There are others. These are the kind of faces I want to see on our currencies,street names,centres and deserve national celebrations. Not two-faced elements who keep on deceiving us.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by mysteryman2014: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
auntysimbiat:
Well read, Noted with thanks

Is that you in the dp
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by PremiumLeaks: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
oz4real83:
obj was a former president while u are a nonentity. As a former president,he had access to information that u,a nonentity will never have access to in your life. When he speaks,he doesn't speak as a nonentity. We have heard some unverified rumors about certain unexecuted tele-communication contract and other contracts involving mko and his family. Abeg dey your lane.
Just like Obj told us that Jonathan was training snipers right? Yeah he is a former president and would know! I get it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by oz4real83(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
9gerian:
And you know this for a fact, how come?

obj has been president several times. He received briefs and security reports of most past and present events while he was president from security agencies. Nobody is more yoruba than obj. If based on everything he knew,he created an opinion,who are u and I to question him? HE was the first to openly say pmb was a religious fanatic and bad in economic issues. Is that not what we are seeing today? He said atiku was a thief and atiku agreed but said he was a changed person. Obj isn't a saint either. He is like devil speaking the truth. U will be confused because u won't feel it right to accept the truth from the devil even when u know it is the truth,because it came out from the mouth of the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by oz4real83(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
PremiumLeaks:

Just like Obj told us that Jonathan was training snipers right? Yeah he is a former president and would know! I get it!
all these people are politicians. Politicians say the truth only when it suits them. It is now left for u to decide which of their statements is true. Pmb denied all the promises he made in 2015 despite them being on public domain. Nobody would have thought in 2015 that Nigeria will be in this mess. Same way nobody knows if MKO would have kept to his promises. An average Nigerian politician is like a chameleon that changes according to what is in vogue.
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by zibya: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
[s][/s]
trash

but happy birthday bleda
Assalamualaikum bra
greetings from sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman from kebbi
Thanks bra
Assalamualaikum sheik Silasnwude from onitsha grin
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by PremiumLeaks: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
oz4real83:
all these people are politicians. Politicians say the truth only when it suits them. It is now left for u to decide which of their statements is true. Pmb denied all the promises he made in 2015 despite them being on public domain. Nobody would have thought in 2015 that Nigeria will be in this mess. Same way nobody knows if MKO would have kept to his promises. An average Nigerian politician is like a chameleon that changes according to what is in vogue.
You don't seem to get why you got all those mentions from just one comment and neither does this your riposte and all the others do any justice to your initial submission.

You made your position like you had some empiricialy verifiable proof that supports Objs albeit selfish position not to recognise June 12, which from all you've said, I can glean that you don't!

If Obj had some earth shaking dirt about Abiola that he could use to demystify Abiola, the Obj that will all know won't hesitate to use it!

So I ask "What info is Obj exclusively privy to that a Buhari isn't aware of?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by mildflame: 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
SaturnNick:
Who?
OBJ the Gorilla
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by maasoap(m): 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
oz4real83:

I'm happy that president Buhari has finally put people like him, like you shame. May be you've forgotten that Obasanjo himself was pardoned and released from the prison, so what stupid information are we talking about? See old fvcker's face like that of pig

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by adeboizy11(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
Funny enough I happen to be affiliated to both of them through my maternal grandmother and we still have one grand like uncle we call Mko (Musibau his real name). Their hero today was a religious bigot just like buhari who sponsored the sinking of a � filled with bible into the Atlantic Ocean. Buhari honoured him just because they are both different sides of the same coin. Obasanjo in my opinion is the father of democracy( handing over to a civilian government) though he let his I too know and messiahnic believe in only himself to rubbish his previously attained excellence.

[qauote author=oz4real83 post=79248764]There is a lot of information available to obasanjo that ordinary Nigerians don't know of that made him draw that conclusion. We all will be ashame and angry with most people we call ''heros'' in this country if we know much about them apart from what we know about them on newspapers,tv and radio.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by Guestlander: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
oz4real83:

Same goes for Obasanjo himself. What we all know is that Abiola won a free and fair presidential election and it was annulled. That is a great injustice, not only to Abiola but millions who voted in the election.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by maasoap(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
shomutuski:

Exactly my brother!!!! I've always been puzzled as to why fela keeps calling abiola a thief at every opportunity he gets. Fela has always said that abiola, obasanjo and babangida are international theif theif which was in reference to the role abiola played as the chairman of itt taking bribes and giving in a cartel most top politicians were in with him. The fact remains that abiola killed himself by being too ambitious and his cronies noticed that.

I don't see him as a my hero or any leader whatsoever he is just someone that gat got!!!
Read unbiased historical events which will show the role that idiot played.

I have to say, I'm yoruba and i don't have an atom of empathy for him. He is part of our problem today. All they do is claim to have a genuine altruistic desire to help then their greed develops.

Nobody should mention me plsss, this is just my honest opinion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1980/08/17/itt-allegedly-spent-millions-to-obtain-contracts-in-nigeria/e44ffce6-2b75-4fd8-bd7a-c1005cb15713/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a2c57531a12b

Abiola was too ambitious? He killed himself? You even called him idiot!
You called him idiot and telling people not to mention you!
Well, I don't blame you, I blame your mother for not doing proper job raising you.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by maasoap(m): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2019
deltateam:

From what I understood that undermined MKO was declaring himself as winner which was against the constitution. INEC reserves that power.
Atiku cannot go on air and declare himself winner of 2019 election. It amounts to treason.

What has that got to do with the topic, retard?
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by deltateam: 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2019
maasoap:

What has that got to do with the topic?

You can't celebrate someone without mentioning some salient issues and maybe preventing a reoccurrence.
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by Lovelive: 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
This G MB is a fake fellow.

The exact hypocrisy G IIB used to wipe the victory of MKA ( I mean democracy in Nigeria), is not different to what he G MB is doing now to deny the mandate of Atiku (I mean "pushed-democracy") and kill the hope of millions of Nigeria.

And after some years, another fake ones will rise to recognize Atiku as truly elected President of Feb.2019 gnrl elections.

It is amazing the way even some fresh politicians and followers showcase their ignorance here in NL.
Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by kayjay69(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
Quote of the day. God bless you for your insightful comments and mention of those who are true heroes of Nigeria.
oz4real83:
Both of us share the same opinion. There were people we thought were saints,but when "fowl yansh" blew open,we realised we were all wrong. MKO's election still remains the freest,fairest and most acceptable but it doesn't hide the personalities of the people involved. The only few I can say are heros I am proud of are fela,gani,dora and the doctor that gave her life in preventing the spread of ebola. There are others. These are the kind of faces I want to see on our currencies,street names,centres and deserve national celebrations. Not two-faced elements who keep on deceiving us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 by OVIHINNO(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2019
oz4real83:
if there is any info he should speak out than be a villain. But I guess that's not the case cos I feel Obj has his personal grudge with mko otherwise after benefitting so much from mko's sacrifice I see no reason why he won't immortalize him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Bans Abduljabbar Kabara, Shuts His Mosque / Name Your Presidential Candidate And Give Us Three Reasons We Should Vote Him / Fresh Boko Haram Attack: Dozens Killed In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.