Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack (2900 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Non-tenured Staff After Shiloh / NANS Condemns Killing Of Unimaid Student, Dalep, Calls For Sack Of Service Chief / What's The Reason For The Increase In Alcohol Intake Among Youth Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack by lionson(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2019
Memo
To: All State Pastors
Subject: Notice of ICP Disengagement
Date: June 11, 2019

Dominion greetings in Jesus name.
The above subject matter refers.
Please be informed that all Infant and Community Pastors (ICP) are to be served notice of disengagement immediately.
In view of the above, you are directed to communicate to all concerned to report to State Headquarter Church and commence their disengagement and handover process.
However, the immediate Assistant Pastor is to take up the leadership responsibility of the local assembly.
Consequently, any (ICP) who is below 45 years in age and has the drive for growth can apply for enlistment as Missionary Evangelist in Phase three (3).
Please be guided by the above directive as you contact the office of the undersigned for necessary clarifications.
Indeed, it’s our year of dominion!

Adebisi O. Aboluwade
Cc: FVP, MS

I am a member with the Living Faith Church (Winners' Chapel) but when I see injustice I hate it.

What is attached is a letter of disengagement mearnt for a set of Pastors called "Country Side Pastors" which were engaged 5-6 ago who were posted to villages and their pay is not up to 25k monthly.

I am disgusted by this act because they were employed stating the reason why they were engaged but they are been fired not stating the reason why are being disengaged.

The question is how many of them can meet the age limit of 45 years to be missionary evangelist when 5 or 6 years ago when they came in as ICP the age limit was still set at 45 years? Except if they want them to lie.

That has been the style of the commission since inception to hire and fire at will by taking advantage of the high unemployment rate in the country.

I know for sure that the church has branches in African and foreign nations and they adhere strictly to their labour laws of other countries but because of the religious nature of our nation the government has become inept in checking the excesses of our churches which are gradually becoming a law to themselves.

They are registered as a non-profit making organization but have built massive wealth over the years but when it comes to staff renumeration you'll be shocked at what is being paid to both pastoral and administrative staff.
It will surprise you that a security personnel which is the least paid is still being paid 10-20k and our pastors are even worst at entry a degree holder earns 35k while those that have stayed up to 10 years earn 55k and those at an average of 18 to 20 years earn 100k even in the face of economic hardship and the annoying thing is that this people are our staffs.

We accuse the Lebenese and Chinese of flagrant disregard for labour laws but note that the churches are the worst and this are the same people that attack the government at every opportunity but are the worst when it comes to being an example.

The abuse is becoming alarming as the workers are poorly paid and work under severe and stringent conditions while the church itself is massively rich and the overseer boast of his wealth.

You can't disengage a staff without stating the reason(s) why he/she was sacked. It is unscriptural and out of tune with clause that guides employee/employer relationship.

I think it's high time something is done about this because we cannot claim to be working for God and making the lives of men misreable.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack by dawnomike(m): 10:30am On Jun 12, 2019
I reserve my comment...
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack by moriss33(m): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2019
This fire wey u wan light so....
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack by Henry22(m): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2019
Land 4 sale....
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack by mcjohny(m): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2019
dawnomike:
I reserve my comment...
I comment my reserve
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack by dollytino4real(f): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2019
that is winners 4 u, obey b4 complain

(1) (Reply)

Diezani’s Hustler, Kola Aluko, His Super Yacht & Naomi Campbell Connection. / Nigeria Vs United State Of America / Run Your Gasoline Generator With Cooking Gas Butane- 08166866515

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.