Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools (24758 Views)

The Flamboyant Golf Life Of Governor Seyi Makinde / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira / Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by schoolnascam: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2019

Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde, has announced the cancellation of Thursday and Friday mid-term break for public primary and secondary schools in the state.

The Governor hinged this decision on the fact that students of public schools in the state had stayed out of their classrooms for several days as a result of recent industrial actions and public holidays.

This announcement was contained in a circular with reference number, Edu1070/Col.VI/27, dated June 11, 2018, signed by the acting permanent secretary, state Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Mr Idowu Adeosun.

Adeosun pointed out that the directive did not affect private schools in the state.

Teachers and heads of schools were consequently to utilize the two days to make up for lost grounds in their lesson plan for the third term of the ongoing 2018/2019 session.

“I am to inform you that in view of the number of days the students of public primary and secondary schools have stayed out of classrooms for the reasons of public holidays and strike actions, the mid-term break for the third term of 2018/2019 academic session is hereby cancelled,” the circular read in part.

DAILY POST reports that the state chapter of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) recently suspended a two-week old strike while the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) had also suspended a 24-hour long strike on May 27, 2019.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/governor-seyi-makinde-cancels-midterm.html?m=1

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by schoolnascam: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by StRichard(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by tyup(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
I've said it the way NL brand this man as a reasonable person it wount be long bfr he start fvcking up sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by BrainEya(m): 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
They have come again.
When others are dancing- follow suit, so that you won't dance alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
So no rest.. even abroad their is break in every term

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by zeusdgrt(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by myddmodnabastard: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
please read before you start vomiting gibberish lazy zombies

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
that is Good
How exactly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by mknigeriagreat: 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
tyup:
I've said it the way NL brand this man as a reasonable person it wount be long bfr he start fvcking up sad

What is the essence of a midterm break when you have been on that break severally? All but no thanks to strikes

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by efilefun(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
I dont know how people are seeing fault in the decision which should be applauded.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by erifeoluwasimi(f): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Sincerely this is welcomed. I was discussing in the last meeting that in a term of 66 days we have spent 16 days at home all in the name of holidays.
The lessons that were not covered will affect the child in the next class.
Rushing up the lessons too is not helping
I wish some public holidays could be exempting schools.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by kehinde1588(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
that is Good
what's good about it?
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
efilefun:
I dont know how people are seeing fault in the decision which should be applauded.
In what sense?

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Plz any good mathematics thread on Nairaland, thanks for ur replies

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by blank(f): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
tyup:

Was his reason not reasonable enough?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by saheedbadmus(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Mr seyi..remember you would re-contest for a second-term and u know pep in Oyo state might not like ur decisions .. think well before making a decision o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by helinues: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ok
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by hisexcellency34: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
This man well so?

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by kolafolabi(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
It's a good development so far he had his reasons for doing so.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by Jac007(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
tyup:

So what's the f'up now? I'm certain you didn't read the news before rushing to be "first to comment" Are his reasons not valid enough? Na wah o

9 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
I think he did the right thing, bearing in mind the students has been out of school due to strike.

He did well.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by Oladefemi007(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
The man has a potential to fumble

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by Goalnaldo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nice but is Vin Diesel trending on Twitter since yesterday?
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by mknigeriagreat: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
So no rest.. even abroad their is break in every term

And in abroad they strike everyday like here in Nigeria. Didnt you read that he said students have been out of school too much due to strikes and etc. What rest are the students and teachers taking when they have not really been in school?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by efilefun(m): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

In what sense?
What will they gain staying at home for the two day after wasting time at home due to unnecessary strikes and public holidays

5 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by ken6488(m): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
grin

In my time this is bad news

3 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools by rusher14: 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
Well, he justified his action.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Interviewed On Voice Of America (Picture) / Emefiele: Governors Appoint Soludo As Chairman Of Committee To Engage CBN / President Jonathan To Address The Nation, Nigeria, 7:00 am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.