Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time - Sports (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (94932 Views)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / England Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 10th Dec 2022 / Tunisia Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 1) On 30th Nov 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 8:09am On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=K00da post=
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2019
K00da:

She is black, u will see her mostly in supersport 9.
It a discrimination against Nigeria only. Nigerians and south Africans are always in constant tussle especially when it comes to football.
Oh ok thanks, we Africans need to stop fighting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by chynie: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Fvcking pussies angry angry

Can't believe I wasted my sub to watch this shit

Modified: Though we were cheated, the second half was a total BS from the super Falcons. The couldn't complete short passes and long passes was nothing to write home about angry
Sharap there

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by StyleAfos(m): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2019
grin

I predicted that this would happen. I said it at the end of May.

This World Cup reminds me of USA '94. The best 3rd placed teams also progressed to the knockout stage at USA '94, but more importantly, there were also rule changes ahead of USA '94.

Marco Van Basten was one of my favourite strikers in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He scored great goals for AC Milan and Holland and he won the 1989 and 1990 European Cup titles with Milan.

However, Italian football had the hardest tackling defenders back then and their tackles took a toll on Van Basten. He repeatedly suffered ankle injuries. Then, in the final of the 1993 European Cup/Champions League, Basile Boli made a viscious tackle on Van Basten and that tackle practically ended his career.

FIFA were unhappy that Van Basten would not play in the 1994 World Cup and they therefore banned tackles from behind (just before the World Cup). Any tackle from behind would result in a red card.

Backpasses were also banned (because of Cameroon's habit of constantly passing the ball to their goalkeeper at the 1990 World Cup).

These rules were implemented at the 1994 World Cup and these led to many complaints. A British magazine at the time wrote that the referee was blowing his whistle as if he was a traffic cop. A commentator said that a referee gave someone a yellow card simply for breathing.

Commentators, footballers, coaches and analysts complained about the referee's decisions.

The problem I had when I heard about these new rules at the end of May was that FIFA was going to start implementing the rules at the World Cup!

I've always wondered why FIFA and IFAB always introduce these rules just before a World Cup competition. The World Cup is meant to be the most important football competition and there's a lot at stake. Why don't they first try out these new rules during league games, so that referees, players, coaches, fans, commentators and analysts will get used to them before introducing them at the highest level of the game?

By the way, for those saying that it's only Nigerians that are complaining, either because they are biased or sentimental, note that it's not only Nigerians that are complaining. Many foreigners are also complaining and this is because a new rule has just been implemented at the highest level of the game. There are always complaints from all over the world when this happens.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Horus(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6WfHY3IWk8

Nigeria 0-1 France | Fifa Women's World Cup 2019
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by kevin25(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2019
oluwaahmed:

Most of these white coaches don't give a fûck about african football. Their own is to ensure that their contract is huge so if u sack them u pay tire. Our home grown coaches would have been better. The girls are too old, not in form worst part they are ugly AF.
U type nonsense i spit on dis watin concern beauty and footbal? Am not sure u watch footbal at all u came to watch boobs and butt..go am be watchn beauty contest dis is footbal not beauty match.kante is uguly bale is ugly sagna is ugly but dey are all fine players go nd sleep if u dnt knw wat to say

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Horus(m): 9:42am On Jun 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUjgUjS89NQ

Nigerian women's team hoping for World Cup revenge against France
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by webizone(m): 10:00am On Jun 18, 2019
See Fox news, they want make e be US wey beat Nigeria

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by oluwaahmed: 10:21am On Jun 18, 2019
kevin25:
U type nonsense i spit on dis watin concern beauty and footbal? Am not sure u watch footbal at all u came to watch boobs and butt..go am be watchn beauty contest dis is footbal not beauty match.kante is uguly bale is ugly sagna is ugly but dey are all fine players go nd sleep if u dnt knw wat to say

That is exactly my point. U ugly no come fit sabi play, wetin we gain. USA girls fine die and den be world champions, Canada girls fine, look feminine at least they reach the semis every WC. Naija girls AF get strong body yet dem no fit qualify for group stage.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by vroy(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2019
ayayamedia:
WHAT A SHAME!

1. PENALTY MISSED
2. KEEPER'S BOTH LEG ARE OFF THE LINE
3. VAR: RETAKE
4. PENALTY SCORED
5. KEEPER'S BOTH LEG OFF THE LINE AGAIN.
6. VAR: NEVER MIND!
Even if u check well 2 france player were inside d box be4 d second PK was taken

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dotwhyz(m): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
THE Winning NA Scam
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Mhoyorsawreh1(f): 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=kenzysmith post=79430747]guy u wicked o allow the sleeping dog lie[/quote

Her instangram handle daniellevslaton

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by fabbiano77(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
The new acronym of [/i]FIFA:[i]

F = Football

I= Isn't

F= For

A= Africa

[/b]Mogbe!!! embarassed undecided[b]
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by fabbiano77(m): 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
When you're playing against a host nation like France, you're not playing only against 11 players in the field of play but you are playing against the crowd(supporters), the referee, their coach, the linesman & the VAR Machine....is that simple!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Asisat Oshoala posted a video of herself sitting outside a clinic.

Meanwhile. . .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
oluwaVaz:
two french players were inside the box before the pk,and var didn't notice that one Abi..

VAR is scientific method of oppression. The dumbass fools are using the VAR to eliminate seemly strong team from Africa. Why is the idiotic VAR only used when infringement is likely against Nigerian players?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
somehow:
The bias ref is from Honduras.

Her full twitter name is Osolease Melissa Paola Borja

Oya, translate your curses to spanish before unleashing on her.

The referee was not bias but the dumbass European behind the VAR. It is moronic dingbat that handles the VAR called for penalty and retake of the penalty. The nonsensical VAR should be discontinued because it is geared against Africans. I hope the Africans can standup against this oppressive VAR.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
gbosaa:

Calm down, are you also aware that another retake due to that reason might probably have resulted in a second yellow and a sending off of the goal keeper?

The girls did well but they could’ve done better. I’ll blame the technical crew. Like in our match with Korea, Chikwelu was getting very physical and frustrated with a yellow card but they never considered substituting her. They made several dodgy decisions in this match too.

Oparanozie, Okobi and Oshoala performed poorly yesterday but they remained in the pitch. I believed Nigeria could beat France or get a well deserved draw if they had put in more efforts.
France tried to use the same tactics that they used during the friendly but our defence was a lot better. Ebi and Ohale played with much better confidence.
Chiamaka Okeke played so well, even with a two man-combo to out run and out wit her, she remained solid and didn’t present the French girls the chances to provide diagonal crosses/passes inside the Falcons 18 yard...even the few chances the French had, Ebi and Ohale remained compact and composed.

Our forward could do a lot better. It’s the same problem that plagued them against Cameroon, South Africa and Ghana. When Nigeria unlock the potentials to continue beating these teams like the days of Nkwocha etc, I don’t see why they’d struggle so badly against Norway and France. Nigeria can beat these teams if they play more intelligently.

So far, this is not the best we can offer, Oshoala, Okobi and Chikwelu need to up their ganes. Oshoala especially can do damage to any team if she gets her acts right. She seemed to be running without being aware of the obstacles ahead of her. She runs into traffic or gets frustrated when she’s challenged.

I hope they stay off social media this time and continue to work hard in case they scale through to the next round.
I must go out on the limb to say that Chikwelu has improved since the first half of the match against Norway. In the other hand, there is no need to expect any improvement from Oshoala and Okobi. These two waste pipes should be removed from the lineup. Also, Ayinde and Ebere should be replaced.
Ebere is a one-legged player hence prone to run into or kick opponents when not in position to use her left leg.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
Beverlyjean:

That's y I said u guys are biased... I asked u what of the Nigerian player that also encroached?? But u HV dodged that question

The first offender is recorded. When the two players are offside, the first player to encroach is recorded. If you watch the video, the French players were ahead of the Nigerian player(s). Since French team is shooting, the encroachment should have been called on French team.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
Although the goalkeeper technically violated the rule by just a fraction, this violation and other minor rules (such as calling the penalty kick in the first place or giving the the defender her 2nd yellow) where created to be used only against African teams

These same rules are never applied to non-African teams. They weren’t created for European or other non-African teams. Rules like these are created deliberately to eliminate African teams from contention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
These rules are only enforced against African teams. They’re meant to knock of African teams from the tournament. They where created deliberately to be used and only enforced against African teams, while European and other non-African teams get a pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Favor99:
These rules are only enforced against African teams. They’re meant to knock of African teams from the tournament. They where created deliberately to be used and only enforced against African teams, while European and other non-African teams get a pass.

This is reason CAF should kick against this nonsensical practice and should stop the shout of racism when there is nothing such as racism but the figment of silly imagination.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by prinsam30: 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Tinyemeka:

Boss, I just stumbled on your thread yesterday. Seems the site no dey go again. Can you redirect me to another one biko? Thanks.

just saw ur qoute now... check these ones out

index movies (google it) and tfp. is

good series movies and normal ones
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Beverlyjean(f): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Dedetwo:

The first offender is recorded. When the two players are offside, the first player to encroach is recorded. If you watch the video, the French players were ahead of the Nigerian player(s). Since French team is shooting, the encroachment should have been called on French team.

Still wrong...it's ur own idea of encroachment... Don't forget that it's not a new rule cause most times, it doesn't affect play... But there's nothing like who entered the box first... The match against Ukraine in the under 20 ,played out this same scenario ,but u guys didn't complain cause it favoured Nigeria...that's y I said Nigerians are too sentimental and that's y nothing works in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by somehow: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
What about the Santa clause of carding spree she went on? was it VAR that told her to card and blew foul against our girls all through the game?
Dedetwo:

The referee was not bias but the dumbass European behind the VAR. It is moronic dingbat that handles the VAR called for penalty and retake of the penalty. The nonsensical VAR should be discontinued because it is geared against Africans. I hope the Africans can standup against this oppressive VAR.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 1:50am On Jun 19, 2019
K00da:

She is black, u will see her mostly in supersport 9.
It a discrimination against Nigeria only. Nigerians and south Africans are always in constant tussle especially when it comes to football.
Do you know the ladies name by chance?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Mizwisdom(f): 7:30am On Jun 19, 2019
Dedetwo:

VAR is scientific method of oppression. The dumbass fools are using the VAR to eliminate seemly strong team from Africa. Why is the idiotic VAR only used when infringement is likely against Nigerian players?

It was used against Jamaica too, they're against black teams

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 7:37am On Jun 19, 2019
Dedetwo:

This is reason CAF should kick against this nonsensical practice and should stop the shout of racism when there is nothing such as racism but the figment of silly imagination.
I didn’t understand the 2nd part of what you wrote. Can you please clarify?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2019
Favor99:

Do you know the ladies name by chance?

Hope u no too ves 4 d lady.

She very passionate about football and fun to watch n listen to. You will like her if u watch her do her thing.
Her name is Carol. She is my favorite of all supersport female presenter
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
naptu2:
Preparation.

This one weak me
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
Favor99:

I didn’t understand the 2nd part of what you wrote. Can you please clarify?

The second part entails there is nothing such as racism because the earth has one race and it is human. The remote idea of existence of "black and white" is human idiocy at play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Nelson Mandela Challenge - (0 - 2) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 / Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.