Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Goodluck Returns To School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Returns To School (1480 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Returns To School by BigB11(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2007
Ahead of the May 29, 2007 swearing-in ceremony of the Shehu Musa Yar'Adua government, Vice President-elect and outgoing Bayelsa State Governor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has returned to school to prepare him for the challenges ahead. His destination is the prestigious Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, Boston, Mas-sachusetts, USA.
Jonathan, who left the country last Wednesday will be attending a leadership programme partially funded by Ford Found-ation. The course had been designed for him as governor-elect and he was originally supposed to travel with representatives from each local government areas in the state.  But in his new capacity as vice president-elect, Jonathan left with six others representing the nation's geopolitical zones. Jonathan will be tutored by some of the best scholars in leadership, development and public policy preparatory to his assumption of office as vice president. He will return to the country in good time for the May 29 swearing-in ceremony.
According to an aide, "the cross-fertilization of ideas that will be the hallmark of the programme will put the vice president-elect in good stead as he faces the challenges of nation-building."

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.thisdayonline.com"
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by BigB11(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2007
The best development I've heard so far this year.

Definitely, the right way to start.
I admire his courage and I hope the rest of our leaders learn one or two things from this incredible example, coming from Mr Goodluck.
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by naijaway(m): 7:29pm On May 07, 2007
i hope he don't turn naij to an American slave like having our national security open. I do think is a good development only dat he knows wat 2 do without travelling over there cuz we have a lot of professors here in naija. Well, we going to give him the benefit of the doubt but also see with skeptism cuz i haven't heard of no vice president elect dat goes to another country to learn government and spend all that money cuz this is the same person that travels out for minor cough. Well, let see wat happens.
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by BigB11(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2007
Don't get it twisted:
Going to a developed country for training or education is totally different from being shipped abroad for a mere cough.

Eventhough, there is no training or education that could change the mentality of some of our people, but let us hope that our great nation will benefit from this latest move.
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by Mamajama(m): 9:59pm On May 07, 2007
Big B1 you need to tell us what you stand for. couple days ago you were here condemning this next administration and all of a sudden you see hope in them? OK MR wishy washy what do you stand for? you either for or you are against.
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by Beline(f): 11:45am On May 08, 2007
Is it Mr VP that suppose to take this kind of training or Mr President?
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by Beline(f): 11:51am On May 08, 2007
Some of the duties of the president are to lead and direct while the VP assist and support, so who should attend this training?

I hope Mr VP and Mr President will not be confuse on their duties just like the present one
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by Razorr(f): 12:34pm On May 08, 2007
I'm so impressed! shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by BigB11(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA
Big B1 you need to tell us what you stand for. couple days ago you were here condemning this next administration and all of a sudden you see hope in them? OK MR wishy washy what do you stand for? you either for or you are against.

Dude:
Just because I condemn the way things are currently being done doesn't mean I should be insensible and disregard great development.
It is what it is; and that is also the different between the figure heads and the real dedicated Nigerians, that crave for nothing but progressiveness for our great nation.

However, I still believe that the failure of this current administration has already been designed, but at the same time we must give credit to our new VP for making a courageous move and I have full assurance that this latest move we be productive at all levels.
This is the beginning and I'm confident to predict that many more (leaders) will follow the same foot step.

MAMAJAMA: About a year ago, when I recommended that all our incredible leaders should be sent away to United States to take leadership classes, do you remember your reaction to the suggestion?
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by BigB11(m): 2:43pm On May 08, 2007
Posted by BELINE
Is it Mr VP that suppose to take this kind of training or Mr President?

It doesn't look right and unprecedented for a president of a nation to go to another country for leadership classes. This should have been done before he was elected as the president.
I'm pretty sure that he (yar'Adua) will surround himself with great advisers; these advisers are the entities that will be taking the classes for him.

That is just the way it's done.

But for VP, it doesn't matter.
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by naijaway(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2007
not just dat the president shouldn't go to another country for education but also the vice president. We'r here complaining of strike and lack of teachers then our vice president is going for classes in another country. well,
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by Tornadoz(m): 1:37am On May 10, 2007
Wetin you dey go find for Sokoto dey inside your Shokoto trouser.
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by BigB11(m): 4:05am On May 10, 2007
I hate to tell you guys that even majority of the Nigerian professors need leadership classes or training.
There is no need to throw fake balls at one another; it is what it is, we all recognize the fact that leadership is extremely lacking from the buttom to the top in our society.
It is crystal clear that a very good percentage of the population do not understand the leadership concept; and I truly find it very difficult to say any nation or society can progress effectively, efficiently and unitedly without understanding the true meaning of leadership concept/roles.

And leadership training or classes are not just scratch my back and I scratch yours too; It is a serious business and there is no place better to get the training than United States.

Sorry guys!
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by Ajasnoop: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
From the way things are today, looks like he didn't learn very much
Re: Goodluck Returns To School by sexkilzaphull: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
Once a retardeen, always a retardeen it doesn't matter if he goes for training in Mars!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Returns To School by 99100(m): 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Which one is Igbos APC in Lagos again.

Igbokwe can only be a servant in Lagos state.

He might be popular in social media but very unknown on the street of Igboland.Creating bad energy and making anti-Igbo comments and expressions would never help his course.
He has bad advisers.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Compare Obaniyi’s Case With Tafa Balogun, Says Okiro. / Appeal Court Sacks Kogi Governor / WAZOBIA - The Death Of Naija!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.