Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:30 PM

All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event (3086 Views)

Peter Obi At MKO Abiola's Residence In Ikeja For The June 12 Event / True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State / "Throwback Photo Of Buhari Admiring Abacha After The June 12 Event"- Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by goodnewsbabe: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
All former heads of state of Nigeria and past Presidents of Nigeria are absent at the ongoing June 12 Democracy Day celebration in Abuja. Ebeanonews Reporters hasn't seen any of the past national Presidents and Heads of State at the venue of the epoch making national event

Only Yakubu Gowon attended May 29 handover event

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/06/all-former-heads-of-state-and-past.html

1 Like

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by goodnewsbabe: 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
goodnewsbabe:
All former heads of state of Nigeria and past Presidents of Nigeria are absent at the ongoing June 12 Democracy Day celebration in Abuja. Ebeanonews Reporters hasn't seen any of the past national Presidents and Heads of State at the venue of the epoch making national event

Only Yakubu Gowon attended May 29 handover event

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/06/all-former-heads-of-state-and-past.html

I think they weren't invited
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by chernest2002: 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2019
Even Gowon the sycophant.

2 Likes

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Racoon(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
Prof.Wole Soyinka have long summized it for them thus:
“This year’s recall of an uplifting day in the year 1993 comes up against a background of its most shameful disavowal: the 2019 elections still under judicial contestation.

An event that would be more accurately described as an exercise in body count rather than ballot count,” he said.

“The elections however merely reflected a pattern of savagery and abandonment of human sensibilities that have eaten away the sheerest sense of community in the nation.

I have already described it as the final descent into the abyss of human degradation.
https://www.thecable.ng/soyinka-i-wont-participate-in-june-12-celebrations/amp

1 Like

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by goodnewsbabe: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by goodnewsbabe: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
Soyinka too speak GRAMMAR joor
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by myddmodnabastard: 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
only a fool will celebrate this scam democracy day with bullhari I think democracy is about free and fair elections respect for the rule of law but Nigeria under Daura President is not practicing democracy but buharicracy and greediocracy where mr president see respect for the rule of law as choice

5 Likes

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by goodnewsbabe: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
only a fool will celebrate this scam democracy day with bullhari I think democracy is about free and fair elections respect for the rule of law but Nigeria under Daura President is not practicing democracy but buharicracy and greediocracy where mr president see respect for the rule of law as choice

Slow down small... They are at your back ooooo
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Shikini: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
Aw
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
These corrupt people did not attend.

3 Likes

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by goodnewsbabe: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
grin
supportnija:

Many saints were at the gathering... It was gathering for naija clean politicians angry
supportnija:

Many saints were at the gathering... It was gathering for naija clean politicians

3 Likes

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Omoboricash(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
If you're 35 years old, you may not understand the significance of June 12 bcoz you were just 9 years old then. Those who struggled for June 12 wouldn't say June 12 is a scam. Those who loss loved ones would not call it scam, those nadeco group who lost everything would not call it scam.

8 Likes

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Carlyscales: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
goodnewsbabe:

Think whaaat??

After inviting foreign presidents and past senate presidents like ken Nnamani??

Guy think again.
Some class of persons have default invitation for these events.

No right thinking elder statesman will see all arms of nig Govt headed by core northern Muslims and be at ease.
Or witness d manner in which d last elections was conducted n won and be calm, period.

1 Like

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by sparog(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
goodnewsbabe:

They must have been invited but refused to come

Anyways, who their presence or absence help sef

I enjoyed watching the parade by the military folks on TV, it was awesome

1 Like

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by mightyhaze: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2019
chernest2002:
Even Gowon the sycophant.
Even sycophants have their own elastic limits,..a point they just cant stomach it anymore grin

1 Like

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by telleyway: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
Omoboricash:

If you're 35 years old, you may not understand the significance of June 12 bcoz you were just 9 years old then. Those who struggled for June 12 wouldn't say June 12 is a scam. Those who loss loved ones would not call it scam, those nadeco group who lost everything would not call it scam.

And what is their gain from today's celebration if I may ask?
No sane Nigerian will say we are in a democratic government

1 Like

Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Omoboricash(m): 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
telleyway:

Pls where were u between Nov 1993 to June 1998. If you were above 18 then, definitely you would know what it means to have freedom of speech, freedom of association, even the student union were not left out from brutality of military rule.
I think history needs to be reintroduced in our school curriculum for the new generation to know where we're coming from
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by rexwalters: 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
telleyway:

Shut up what do you know about democracy?where you alive during NPN 1979-1983?
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by jom28gy(m): 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
Why na? could it because of abuse of human rights, which he government is noted of?
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by BigIyanga: 12:26am On Jun 13, 2019
because GMB was in cahoots with Abacha when he killed Kudirat; attempted to kill Soyinka and Tinubu. He was dinning and winning with Abacha when he framed up OBJ and Yar’dua and then sentenced them to life imprisonment.GMB never said anything against Abacha. Instead he worked under him as PTF Chairman.
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by chernest2002: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2019
mightyhaze:
Even sycophants have their own elastic limits,..a point they just cant stomach it anymore grin
with Buhari as president Nigeria is a goal.
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Omoboricash(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2019
telleyway:

I'll simplify ur question with simple illustration.
You parent sacrifice good life to make u a better person on life. Your parent most time would sleep with empty stomach just for you to have food in your stomach. If Abiola had not laid his life for democracy you and I are enjoy today, there was probability of military still retained power till mid 2000s
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by aolawale025: 10:18am On Jun 13, 2019
Big Flop
Re: All Former Heads Of State And Past Presidents Absent At June 12 Event by Wisfem: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2019
Omoboricash:

I'll simplify ur question with simple illustration.
You parent sacrifice good life to make u a better person on life. Your parent most time would sleep with empty stomach just for you to have food in your stomach. If Abiola had not laid his life for democracy you and I are enjoy today, there was probability of military still retained power till mid 2000s

You Africans, Nigerians are the most senseless of all creatures. Nature has a bountiful portion of blame for allowing some antiquated fragments of being like you to exist. What is the definition of enjoyment, and Democracy, which you talk about in your parochial African world with outdated mentality.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Metaphysical And Sarki Now Insulting Buhari? / Top 10 Richest Families In Nigeria / Government Know The Sponsor Of Bokoharam, I Will Tell The Truth No Fear Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.