Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) (44476 Views)

'Emergency Holy Man' - Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Obi attending PFN Meeting (Photo) / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo) / Buhari And Obasanjo Shake Hands At National Council Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by dre11(m): 3:47am On Jun 13, 2019
by Raymond Mordi,

HIS friends – and foes – credit him with superlative skills in running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

Some call it duplicity; others say it is pure tact. Whichever way he is viewed, Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai surely knows how to plunge into a controversy and hurriedly waddle his way out of it.

That was what came into the minds of many yesterday as His Excellency exchanged pleasantries with All Progressives Congress (APC) stalwart Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. They shook hands and talked for some minutes. Tinubu, the Jagaban Borgu, was seated; El-Rufai, who was decked out in a blue agbada and a cap to match, was on his feet.

Then, the questions: “What are they discussing? Was he apologising for what he reportedly said of Tinubu? What was Tinubu telling him; I take no offence, please?

El-Rufai, at a lecture in Lagos, gave his audience tips on how to deal with godfathers, after former APC Legal Adviser Muiz Banire asked him a question.

https://www.nairaland.com/5171373/how-end-godfatherism-lagos-politics

The verbal assault was believed to have been directed at Tinubu. El-Rufai came under intense attack. He later denied that his comment was directed at Tinubu.

With the governor greeting Tinubu at yesterday’s Democracy Day celebration at the Eagle Square, Abuja, many were asking: “Has El-Rufai repented?

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-el-rufai-and-an-accidental-meeting/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by NdiaraIGBO: 3:57am On Jun 13, 2019
El-rufai don realise say Jagaban pass am well..........idiotic midget!

Behaving like the marginalised idiots from erosion land.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Nukilia: 4:34am On Jun 13, 2019
The psychophant grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by saheedbadmus(m): 4:38am On Jun 13, 2019
oga na master

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Mynd44: 5:11am On Jun 13, 2019
Nigerians are somehow. The Godfather thing about El-Rufai is being blown out of order.

It is not like he just dived into it, he was asked and he said his mind and guess what? What he said was true.

In a state like Lagos with over 5 million voters, you cannot claim one godfather controls things if just 1 million people vote. Where are the rest? If you want to get over this godfather issue, why not find a way to mobilize the remaining people to vote? That is how to stop the perceived influence of the godfather. Anything other than that, you are deceiving yourself.

He has found a way to mobilize his supporter who are about 900k and they make sure they vote and protect their votes, other politicians or people who believe they want to break the godfatherism should mobilize other voters. That was the point El-Rufai made and it is true.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by virginboy1(m): 5:14am On Jun 13, 2019
What is the relevance of this now?... The attention most of us give to all this selfish useless politicians can be so annoying... sad

On the contrary [/b]"Lagos traffic will make u think u r hard working becoz u always got home tired"[b] cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by israelmao(m): 5:15am On Jun 13, 2019
The two political brains of Buhari.
Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Westsida: 5:15am On Jun 13, 2019
Mynd44:
Nigerians are somehow. The Godfather thing about El-Rufai is being blown out of order.

It is not like he just dived into it, he was asked and he said his mind and guess what? What he said was true.

In a state like Lagos with over 5 million voters, you cannot claim one godfather controls things if just 1 million people vote. Where are the rest? If you want to get over this godfather issue, why not find a way to mobilize the remaining people to vote? That is how to stop the perceived influence of the godfather. Anything other than that, you are deceiving yourself.

He has found a way to mobilize his supporter who are about 900k and they make sure they vote and protect their votes, other politicians or people who believe they want to break the godfatherism should mobilize other voters. That was the point El-Rufai made and it is true.

Godfatherrism is just like a Coloqual that’s being used in Politics. The real word is a Political leader. Let me use you as an example;

Okay your interested in contesting for a GOV position tomorrow, how do you wanna go about it in terms of finance? How do you wanna approach the stakeholders that would spend right from campaign till after election? This is why a Political leader is always needed. Don’t tell me you won’t need any money for campaigning & others! It’s everywhere! Even El-Rufai himself is a Godfather to some politicians. These Political leaders are the ones that would approach stakeholders for you. The strongest politician is the one with lots of shareholders cos money would never be their problem! I’m ain’t supporting it myself, but let’s be realistic, who’s gonna vote for you in this our country when you don’t even have money for campaigning? Godfatherism in politics would become a history today if Nigerians can start voting without you having to spend a lot of money for campaign but of course, they won’t even take you serious. It would be hard for a politician without stakeholders( which can only be approached by all these Political leaders) to succeed in this our country. It’s the truth! I trust my Naija people. Nah them go still dey talk who is this one without proper campaign.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:15am On Jun 13, 2019
Jagaban will always be their master in this political game...

No one else than him

He's a living legend

18 Likes

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 13, 2019
undecidedAt the moment, can't afford to comment on things I know nothing about................

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Ifexontop(m): 5:17am On Jun 13, 2019
Oya bring that water for frying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by tempest01(m): 5:19am On Jun 13, 2019
If na northerner or before 2019 elections, him go use two hands or kneel down.

I dey watch 2023

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by musco4me: 5:23am On Jun 13, 2019
grin
Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by moshino(m): 5:23am On Jun 13, 2019
NdiaraIGBO:
El-rufai don realise say Jagaban pass am well..........idiotic midget!

Behaving like the marginalised idiots from erosion land.

How does the infantile garbage you just spewed make your life and country better?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by edo3(m): 5:26am On Jun 13, 2019
Still feeling thick for him na
Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Shukuakukobambi: 5:27am On Jun 13, 2019
I thought some were wanking on the news of EL Rufai beating Tinubu up? They really fooled some mumus cheesy

Won't be surprised if Ekweremmadu is finalising a business deal with Tinubu and El Rufai tonight. Politicians don't quarrel. They know how to get along.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by kehinde1588(m): 5:29am On Jun 13, 2019
moshino:

How does the infantile garbage you just spewed make your life and country better?
Pained modafucka... Hate him or like him, Tinubu is your father.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by kehinde1588(m): 5:30am On Jun 13, 2019
El-Rufia was just seeking attention. What Tinubu does in Lagos is beyond saying he is a godfather. Tinubu is a leader who raises and grooms potential leaders. Lagos has forever remained progressive. You just have to love the man.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Kendumazy(m): 5:33am On Jun 13, 2019
El-rufai clarified already that he wasn't referring to Tinubu hence no time for grudges from jagaban.

Last batch of men long sleeve shirt from India on
clearance sales. 1500 per piece. Check link https://
www.nairaland.com/5224414/clearance-sale-last-
batch-men
Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by ZombieTERROR: 5:41am On Jun 13, 2019
APc should quickly pick this Tinubu as their next presidential candidate for 2023....

So that Tambuwal or Kwakwanso will teach him a lesson about treachery once and for all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by TANID(m): 5:41am On Jun 13, 2019
Mynd44:

Thanks For Break It Down Like This.

When I Read The First Comment I Almost Course El-rufai Untill I Come Across Your Analized

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by kaen1317: 5:43am On Jun 13, 2019
Elrufai the rabble rouser.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by TANID(m): 5:47am On Jun 13, 2019
kehinde1588:
El-Rufia was just seeking attention. What Tinubu does in Lagos is beyond saying he is a godfather. Tinubu is a leader who raises and grooms potential leaders. Lagos has forever remained progressive. You just have to love the man.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by ZombieTERROR: 5:48am On Jun 13, 2019
kehinde1588:

Someone who puts people in leadership positions is a godfather.... At your age and exposure it's really sad that you are endorsing godfatherism on social media...
How can you term a former capital of the country in serious debt progressive ... A state with an IGR bigger than ten states combined..
It's not by laundering money and sharing loots with a bullion van... Democracy has really evolved

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by NOC1(m): 5:56am On Jun 13, 2019
Westsida:

Godfatherrism is just like a Coloqual that’s being used in Politics. The real word is a Political leader. Let me use you as an example;

Okay your interested in contesting for a GOV position tomorrow, how do you wanna go about it in terms of finance? How do you wanna approach the stakeholders that would spend right from campaign till after election? This is why a Political leader is always needed. Don’t tell me you won’t need any money for campaigning & others! It’s everywhere! Even El-Rufai himself is a Godfather to some politicians. These Political leaders are the ones that would approach stakeholders for you. The strongest politician is the one with lots of shareholders cos money would never be their problem! I’m ain’t supporting it myself, but let’s be realistic, who’s gonna vote for you in this our country when you don’t even have money for campaigning? Godfatherism in politics would become a history today if Nigerians can start voting without you having to spend a lot of money for campaign but of course, they won’t even take you serious. It would be hard for a politician without stakeholders( which can not be approach by all these Political leaders) to succeed in this our country. It’s the truth! I trust my Naija people. Nah them go still dey talk who is this one without proper campaign.

even in the Developed and Developing countries, before you win any election you must get the backing of political leaders of different blocks, are you gonna raise your campaign money from sky?
tge difference between ours and them is the conditions our political leaders give you, which Will not have a positive impact to the society.
theirs is always an avenue to grow their businesses which depends on the ideology of the political party.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 6:00am On Jun 13, 2019
G
Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 13, 2019
Mynd44:

My guy Mynd44 you are still trying to always be politically correct almost 10 years later.
Thank God we all have gone far.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by chriskosherbal(m): 6:08am On Jun 13, 2019
Nigerian politicians are so seemily smart and tricky they put up quarrel in the open to give the public something to talk about for the main time when they see that the heat is down when the public is trying to get together to get answers from these guys why things are what they are in the country presently compared to other countries. They quickly bring up issues that will bring divide among tribes and religion knowing fully well that the average Nigerian don't play with these two things and they laugh off camera among themselves and the sharing continues.

The day we find a united course as a nation and look beyond tribe and religion these guyz will be looking for were to hide and be accountable for thier actions until then there is NO future for this country, because the first word that comes out of an average Nigerians mouth when asked " who are you" is either am a Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa or any other tribe instead of am a Nigerian, why not try same with a US citizen.

As for me I am first a Nigerian before my tribe .

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by ishawlar: 6:09am On Jun 13, 2019
El rufai - the jagaban baba i tuale na who born me way i go insult u no mind them. Sir u know my future dey ur hand. Megida rankadede.

jagaban - the speech u made doesn't even affect my cook not to talk of me the jagaban no problem u r small boy with power of his father. I forgive u go and sit down
Re: Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) by KEVIND: 6:11am On Jun 13, 2019
There have only been two times in Nigeria where the heads of the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary were all headed by Northerners. The first time was when General Muhammadu Buhari was a military head of state in 1983. The second time is when General Buhari was inaugurated for a second term. A leopard can't change its spots. We now have the head of the Executive (Buhari) from the Northwest. Head of the Legislature (Lawan) from the Northeast. Head of the Judiciary (CJN Tanko) from the Northeast. As if that is not enough insult on the South, there are 10 law enforcement and intelligence agencies in Nigeria. They are ALL headed by Northerners, including the NPF, NSA, DSS, NIA, DMI, DIA, NPS, NCS, NIS, and EFCC. Bola Tinubu, Rotimi Amaechi and Adams Oshiomhole, clap for yourselves - Reno Omokri

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly / "Even Morons Know Buhari Has Failed" - Obasanjo / Two Nigeria Police Fighting (Video & Pictures )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.