Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria (6032 Views)

Atiku Urges Tribunal To Uphold Inec’s Declaration That He Won 21 States / Adamawa: The Declaration Of Binani As Winner By The REC Is Void - INEC / Atiku Abubakar: I Swear To Almighty God, I Will Restore Security In This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by zoedew: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Obasanjo did a terrible thing by removing history from our curriculum, that single act is creating problems for Nigeria today.

But for God The man Obasanjo had ruined our sense of History in Nigeria. He’s as unconscionable as they come!
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by netpro(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
pchukwudi:
Maybe that would give you a glimpse of how the average Igbo person feels when you arrogantly tell them to move away from their ancestral indigenous lands (ancestral rights to which has preexisted and survived Nigeria, western colonists, and Christianity, Islamic jihad and all pre colonial tribal/ethnic conquests that were prevalent in other regions ) just because they insist that Nigeria as structured is not and has never been in their best interest.

Quit playing the victim, dude. You are the grand aggressor here.

You have already, albeit covertly, called for Igbo genocide on this thread alone just because you failed to have your way in making everyone support your anti-igbo/pro One Nigeria delusion.

Seriously, you are anti-igbo. Just face it.

It is lawful everywhere in the world for nations to do everything within its might to protect its territory from both internal and external forces. It is naive to ask Nigeria not to.

And for your info I am not anti-igbo as you put it. Is like being against oneself. Rather I am 100% anti-separation. I have never hidden my view on this. Reason is that we can identify and find solutions to our problems rather than recluse to a tiny cave and live in isolation. Corruption, mismanagement, greed and crime is universal in Nigeria, it is not peculiar to one ethnic group.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
To all replying the shameless op, whenever you might finally want to give in and believe he is Igbo please take a few minutes to read his initial post.

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by pchukwudi: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
@netpro

This is what you help to enable in your silly naivety (that's giving you a benefit of doubt that you have an iota of Igbo ancestry).

In any case, this igbophobic tendency to trash-talk and vilify our people predated the civil war.

In the West, Akintola ran a movement with these same rhetorics just like Adeyinka Grandson (and many others) still do till today.

In the North, Belewa A. Bello and a plethora of his grassroots mobilizers ran with the same anti-igbo rhetorics, even way before Nigeria's independence - and it has continued till today.

These people do not understand the cultural oxymoronic blend of high level individualism and refined collectivism that drives the average Igbo man and his Igbo community wherever they are found. It is deeply opposed to the prevalent culture of oligarchy found in most of the other regions of Nigeria.

This contradictory distinctness is at the root of every anti Igbo movement in history. And it's so disheartening that folks like you, @netpro, are ignorantly (or are you?) enabling and validating this behaviour.

konoplyanka:

Typical dead brain igbo man. You hate the truth. You guys think Nigerians should apologize to you while we as Nigerians also want you to show remorse for introducing hatred by killing other tribes, derailing our democracy, bastardizing our federation and your attempt at dominating other tribes and inflicting genocide on us.

God forbid an ibo man becomes president, you guys will unleash genocide on the rest of us.

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by netpro(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
pchukwudi:
@netpro

This is what you help to enable in your silly naivety (that's giving you a benefit of doubt that you have an iota of Igbo ancestry).

In any case, this igbophobic tendency to trash-talk and vilify our people predated the civil war.

In the West, Akintola ran a movement with these same rhetorics just like Adeyinka Grandson (and many others) still do till today.

In the North, Belewa and a plethora of his grassroots mobilizers ran with the same anti-igbo rhetorics, even way before Nigeria's independence - and it has continued till today.

These people do not understand the cultural oxymoronic blend of high level individualism and refined collectivism that drives the average Igbo man and his Igbo community wherever they are found. It is deeply opposed to the prevalent culture of oligarchy found in most of the other regions of Nigeria.

This contradictory distinctness is at the root of every anti Igbo movement in history. And it's so disheartening that folks like you, @netpro, are ignorantly (or are you?) enabling and validating this behaviour.

It is rather irresponsible for you to blame me for the evil and madness on the web because I advocate Ndigbo having a larger role and participation in the Nigerian union.

It like me blaming you for the wickedness, hate and atrocities of a separatist in aligbo.

Please don't stoop that low. It is demeaning, even for you.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by netpro(m): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2019
Omnibus:
To all replying the shameless op, whenever you might finally want to give in and believe he is Igbo please take a few minutes to read his initial post.

Almost all of ipob members are Ndigbo, but not all of Ndigbo are ipob separatists.

I an a proud Igboman and a proudly Nigerian. We may disagree in policy and best line of action, but if you think that by insulting and throwing demeaning slugs at me, I will join you in spewing hate and become unpatriotic, then you really overestimate your abilities.

Nigeria will meet her challenges with triumph and I have a role in it.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by pchukwudi: 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
You accused Igbo's of hate.

You asked igbos to leave their lands and move to middle east.

You threatened to "do everything necessary" to take the lands.

Yet you claim to be Igbo.

My friend, you 100% ENABLED all the anti-igbo rhetorics on this thread. You created this thread in the first place. And all the Igbo haters on here AGREE with you 100%.

Please, own it. You are an enabler of Igbo hate.

netpro:

It is rather irresponsible for you to blame me for the evil and madness on the web because I advocate Ndigbo having a larger role and participation in the Nigerian union.

It like me blaming you for the wickedness, hate and atrocities of a separatist in aligbo.

Please don't stoop that low. It is demeaning, even for you.

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by konoplyanka: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
pchukwudi:
@netpro

In the North, Belewa A. Bello and a plethora of his grassroots mobilizers ran with the same anti-igbo rhetorics, even way before Nigeria's independence - and it has continued till today.

I love how you carefully left out Zik's igbo domination speech as far back as 1945. You forgot the chief of hate speeches, Nnamdi kanu. Who knows adeyinka grandson?

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by konoplyanka: 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2019
Omnibus:
Don't quote me again you filthy muslim

Thunder will fire you generation if I'm not a muslim, you filthy pagan.

1 Like

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by melodyogonna(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
netpro:

They not only do have a place, they are already Nigerians.

This nation like anywhere else have its share of challenges, that doesn’t imply that we now destroy and bunker it to dust.

Whatever the challenges, we can overcome it together. Clinging to the past and spreading hate and animosity will not fix things. We must learn to forgive and love ourselves I'm order to have peace, find the solutions and prosper, both as individuals, tribes and as a nation.
Have you ever considered that destroying and bunkering it to dust might be the only way we can move forward collectively as a people? look at European countries for example.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2019
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by duncun: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by netpro(m): 4:03am On Jun 16, 2019
melodyogonna:

Have you ever considered that destroying and bunkering it to dust might be the only way we can move forward collectively as a people? look at European countries for example.

Worldwide, nations must do what they need to protect their national security. It is naive to expect Nigeria to do otherwise.

Moreover, it is a lot easier finding solutions to Nigeria's challenges than division. So anyone promoting division over harmony and peaceful coexistence is simply an anarchist.
Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by melodyogonna(m): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2019
netpro:

Worldwide, nations must do what they need to protect their national security. It is naive to expect Nigeria to do otherwise.

Moreover, it is a lot easier finding solutions to Nigeria's challenges than division. So anyone promoting division over harmony and peaceful coexistence is simply an anarchist.
I wonder why a solution have not been found for the past fifty years. My friend, it is much easier to move forward separately. Another alternative might be to restructure the country to work like UK.

2 Likes

Re: The Declaration That Will Restore Ndigbo's Place In Nigeria by netpro(m): 9:44am On Jun 16, 2019
melodyogonna:

I wonder why a solution have not been found for the past fifty years. My friend, it is much easier to move forward separately. Another alternative might be to restructure the country to work like UK.

There is nothing that stops Abia, Imo and others developing. The problem is the same greed, mismanagement and selfishness among our leaders. Even if you divide Nigeria, it still won't stop greedy people. So if you are interested in development, elect the right people to power. Simply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(photo) Of The Mosque That Was Demolished By Wike In River State / Orji Kalu: IBB True Statesman, Accomplished Nation Builder / Gov. Obiano Reviews Pre-deployment Security Drone Exercise (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.