Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Does Money Change People? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Money Change People? (18408 Views)

Does Money Really Give TRUE Happiness? / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Money Change People? by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
money does not change people- money is a big magnifying glass on who you truly and genuinely were and always have been.
If a person wins 100 million dollars and is a now wealthy and suddenly you see this person mistreating others like a cashier or waitress- acting all superior and putting people down- the truth is that if you didn’t see this behaviour before and now you most likely will say “see- money made him an asshole”.
Actually what happened there is that secretly or discreetly he was always an asshole with or without money. But before when he lacked money, he lacked power and status, so he had to keep his attitude to a minimum- though such a person would never have been the sweetest, nicest person you’ve ever seen either and then turn into the most horrible person- unless it was all an act.
So if you were always a sweet person, treated everyone respectfully, no matter what their position was or who they were, with 100 million dollars you would be that same person but now maybe you would be super generous- give to charities- help out a waitress by giving her a really great tip.
If someone looks like they’re changed completely- usually in a very negative way- you can be sure that those feelings were always bottled up inside of them- and when money finally gave them the power and status they always craved for, those feelings of superiority finally were revealed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Money Change People? by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
money does not change people- money is a big magnifying glass on who you truly and genuinely were and always have been.
If a person wins 100 million dollars and is a now wealthy and suddenly you see this person mistreating others like a cashier or waitress- acting all superior and putting people down- the truth is that if you didn’t see this behaviour before and now you most likely will say “see- money made him an asshole”.
Actually what happened there is that secretly or discreetly he was always an asshole with or without money. But before when he lacked money, he lacked power and status, so he had to keep his attitude to a minimum- though such a person would never have been the sweetest, nicest person you’ve ever seen either and then turn into the most horrible person- unless it was all an act.
So if you were always a sweet person, treated everyone respectfully, no matter what their position was or who they were, with 100 million dollars you would be that same person but now maybe you would be super generous- give to charities- help out a waitress by giving her a really great tip.
If someone looks like they’re changed completely- usually in a very negative way- you can be sure that those feelings were always bottled up inside of them- and when money finally gave them the power and status they always craved for, those feelings of superiority finally were revealed.

4 Likes

Re: Does Money Change People? by Shugargal(f): 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nipeks:
Lack of money changes people.
Money brings out people.

It all depends on how you look at things.
Emmm Oga is that why all your write up are decorated? nice though
Re: Does Money Change People? by luminouz(m): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Oszy:

I don't want to go back and forth about this, money is a form of power, information is also a form of power, knowledge is also power. You heard 'power is power' from cersei, that's political power. Don't be confused.

U are still wrong!!!

I come to ur house,hold a gun to ur head and demand anything I want...u do anything cuz the gun gives me the power to decide whether u live or u die...that's power in its basic form...

Esau and Jacob story too shows u what gives u authority over someone is power...

Cersei? I heard her say so,but ive always known that phrase...money can buy power,information can buy power...but they both are not power...power is just power...that's all
Re: Does Money Change People? by freethesheeple(m): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
Use Buhari as a case study
Re: Does Money Change People? by kisszhira(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
luminouz:

U are still wrong!!!

I come to ur house,hold a gun to ur head and demand anything I want...u do anything cuz the gun gives me the power to decide whether u live or u die...that's power in its basic form...

Esau and Jacob story too shows u what gives u authority over someone is power...

Cersei? I heard her say so,but ive always known that phrase...money can buy power,information can buy power...but they both are not power...power is just power...that's all

You are just confusing yourself...

1 Like

Re: Does Money Change People? by Oszy: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
luminouz:

U are still wrong!!!

Okay
Re: Does Money Change People? by Navalsadiq(m): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
Oh yes of course
Re: Does Money Change People? by babyfaceafrica: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
Starboytwo:
Not really changed like that, it would give you mad confidence and make you not "foh" 4 anything....

A lot of folks do mistake "confidence to cockiness"...
overconfidence is cockiness
Re: Does Money Change People? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
IdreamOfUnicorn:

Why are you presenting this as your thoughts?

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-say-money-changes-peope

1 Like

Re: Does Money Change People? by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
Xaos:

Why are you presenting this as your thoughts?

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-say-money-changes-peope
where did I type its my thought? I too know

1 Like

Re: Does Money Change People? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
Aaronbee7:
Money changes not just the person having it but even the people around the person (if they are aware you are suddenly rich). Sometimes it is the behaviour of your close pals that will change you. For instance, you win a lottery jackpot of 20 million naira and you will see the kind of VIP treatment you will get from people whio never valued you before just to gain your favour. Some of your close friends will keep their distance not because they are jealous but because they feel staying around you will make it look like they are interested in your money and that action will make you think they are jealous and you will also distance yourself from them and the "change" becomes necessary even when you try to be yourself.
Also if you're not discipline money will expose your bad side. Girls that were forming hard to get for you before will begin to fams you and if you are not born again you will like to chop all of them. You will begin to commit bigger sins than you used to like booking luxurious hotels and hosting girls from different part of the country even if it means getting a return ticket for them. You will want to flaunt your cash to oppress your former oppressor and humble that uncle from your father's side.
My advise is that, no matter how rich you become try to be humble and help the less privilege. Also invest in in different business and best of all live a Godly life not to please men but God!
I like your comment

1 Like

Re: Does Money Change People? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I have heard people say that money brings out the worst in people.I have heard that the only way to know a person's true nature is when such a person has money. How true is this?
Any personal experience.

Will share only one thou.

A Friend of mine won Bet9ja closely 250K, he stops paying me visits. Coincidentally we met on the road, the way he greeted me no be am.

After money finish he came back to normal.

6 Likes

Re: Does Money Change People? by bluefilm: 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
Money does change people.

First of all, it starts to give you that air of superiority and the feeling that "you can do anything".

Like you are some sort of god, or something like that.

Next thing you know, you start feeling like you have to step up your class.

Then you become arrogant.

You really have to be a very and truly humble person in heart and/or someone who is not really moved by money at all, for you to overcome that powerful but often terrible and dramatic changing effect of money on people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Money Change People? by elgramz: 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
It does
Re: Does Money Change People? by luminouz(m): 10:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
kisszhira:

You are just confusing yourself...
Yes sir!
Re: Does Money Change People? by davidkingsley59(m): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I have heard people say that money brings out the worst in people.I have heard that the only way to know a person's true nature is when such a person has money. How true is this?
Any personal experience.

In most cases, the change we see in people isn't pride or wickedness as it seems, but an impulsive response to the pains, insults and rejection they suffered in poverty.

Unfortunately, some of us judge books by their covers.

To properly understand people's behavior or actions, there are always some causal factors to be evaluated. Nonetheless, the very few who stayed the same after hitting it big must have imbibed good moral standards as kids.

8 Likes

Re: Does Money Change People? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
if i get money ehn
Re: Does Money Change People? by sharpwriter(m): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
RatDead:

A Friend of mine won Bet9ja closely 250K, he stops paying me visits. Coincidentally we met on the road, the way he greeted me no be am.

Lol... Your friend dey mad.... 250k? Shey na 250k he wan spend forever? cheesy maybe he just doesn't wanna spend am with you wink
Re: Does Money Change People? by Sososo(f): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
It changes them from nobo to sombo.
Re: Does Money Change People? by Billy0naire(m): 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
What money can not buy, more money can buy it.

Money does not change people. Money makes the person what he is supposed to be.

In essence, life without money is a fake life. The true nature of the individual can only be known in an abundance of money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Money Change People? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
sharpwriter:

Lol... Your friend dey mad.... 250k? Shey na 250k he wan spend forever? cheesy maybe he just doesn't wanna spend am with you wink

Game wey we sit down book together o. Thou i don't gamble. See the way he was calling me he won that i should come from school. All na wash.

Till today i don't talk nor ask him about the money. Payback time dey come by God's grace.....

2 Likes

Re: Does Money Change People? by EtherealAnn(f): 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
dono
Re: Does Money Change People? by ibinaboonline: 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
No, money does not change people. It simply draws out your real self. That's why people can be tested with prosperity or poverty. The purpose of the test is not to make them one way or the other but to determine their quality or true self.people don't really change. They merely become a variant of who they always have been. Only God can achieve soul transplant.

1 Like

Re: Does Money Change People? by sharpwriter(m): 11:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
davidkingsley59:

In most cases, the change we see in people isn't pride or wickedness as it seems, but an impulsive response to the pains, insults and rejection they suffered in poverty.

Unfortunately, some of us judge books by their covers.

To properly understand people's behavior or actions, there are always some causal factors to be evaluated. Nonetheless, the very few who stayed the same after hitting it big must have imbibed good moral standards as kids.

Hmmmn... Now this is another perspective and I love it. You're very right. It is really good to read and think wide before reaching a conclusion on issues.

Mine opinion is that it's not easy to be humble, whether someone has suffered before or not, it's a matter of choice and the extent of how one's soul has been able to learn and master the the principles of good and bad, cause and effect in the universe. So one can switch anytime he or she likes, but the category of people in this sphere are very minute.
Re: Does Money Change People? by sharpwriter(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
RatDead:

Game wey we sit down book together o. Thou i don't gamble. See the way he was calling me he won that i should come from school. All na wash.

Till today i don't talk nor ask him about the money. Payback time dey come by God's grace.....

Hahaha.. Amen to your prayer, I love pay back time wink
Re: Does Money Change People? by Originalsly: 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
Money is the root of all evil. .... sooo many people don't even have to get money to 'change'.... they only need to be in the company of someone with lots of money .... even if you're not looking... you will see 'change'.
Re: Does Money Change People? by Ubdavis(m): 11:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
What is the use asking question that u already know the answer
Re: Does Money Change People? by Aaronbee7(m): 1:01am On Jun 14, 2019
yusburg:
I like your comment
Thank you smiley
Re: Does Money Change People? by LyfeJennings(m): 1:14am On Jun 14, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Let us use Teddy A for example, if that dude had won the BB9ja show, his animalistic and egoistic behaviour would have been seen even by the blind and most definitely step on people's head.

Money brings out evil pride in some people.

That guy looks and act very proud and loud
If that guy had won ehnnnnn
Una don die for Naija kai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Money Change People? by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:41am On Jun 14, 2019
RatDead:

Lol
Re: Does Money Change People? by bulusberry: 6:14am On Jun 14, 2019
Money does not change people it only frees the character in them that was imprisoned by poverty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? / What’s Special About The Age 18? / Benefits And Side Effects Of Using Delay Products To Beat Premature Ejaculati*n

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.