Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (48002 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by salford: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
sparog:

I don't live overseas man

I know more about Africa. And I knw we have higher unemployment rate here.

yeah
This has nothing to do with employment rate. it's just employers being silly which is common everywhere in the world. i have travelled miles for interviews only for the employers to remain silent and never get back to you. I have booked a flight for interviews only for the interview to be canceled, then i am left to fight for reimbursement for the cancelled interview, which could take weeks for it to be paid. People close to me have travelled for interview only to be told the job had being cancelled. All these in Canada.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by PapaAdanna: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2019
They company respect am oo, to even call to tell him the interview is cancelled.
Unless u just came back from pluto if not u will understand what is happening in Nigeria

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by sparog(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
salford:

yeah
This has nothing to do with employment rate. it's just employers being silly which is common everywhere in the world. i have travelled miles for interviews only for the employers to remain silent and never get back to you. I have booked a flight for interviews only for the interview to be canceled, then i am left to fight for reimbursement for the cancelled interview, which could take weeks for it to be paid. People close to me have travelled for interview only to be told the job had being cancelled. All these in Canada.

Oh so you can be reimbursed if the interview was cancelled after traveling already?

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by icon007(m): 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
Donsteve2:

Finding your dream job is an internal thing NOT EXTERNAL!
There is no dream job out there . What we have is modern day slavery just like you rightly pointed out.

WHAT IS A DREAM JOB?

To me, a dream job should be that which gives you, TIME, MoNEY and LOCATION freedom.
That is , you can choose when to work, with whom to work and where to work. At same time, it supplies you with steady streams
of income to meet your goals and aspirations in life. In such job, your income has no limit ! You are free to travel to any where you wish whenever you want and your income supply never cease. You dream job should give you fulfillment and sense of service to God and humanity!

IS THE DREAM JOB POSSIBLE ?
Yes, but but many are searching for it in the wrong place!

Friends, I don't know of any job in the corporate world that will give you such. I have searched far and wide, No one!
The only place you can find your dream job is in your mind, your heart of hearts. Your head and your spirit!
Yes! Explore it! Think ! Think !! Think !!!
You have a unique assignment and purpose to accomplish in this life.
That is why you were born in the first place. The day you find your purpose , you land your dream job!.

Search within! I don't care if you are a graduate or not! You have an innate ability or what they call talent or skill .
That is the passport to your dream job in life. Find it, explore and develop it if you don't want to remain in the corporate rat race.

How did the likes of Davido, Omotola, Alibaba, Linda Ikeji, Akin Alabi , King Sunny Ade found their dream job?
You have the answer!
Stop wasting your time in search of dream job where there is none.
Wake up ! For we are in the information age.
The knowledge economy has great respect for the value you bring to the table not your certificate.
This mean any Ade, Obi or Usman can be the wealthy king!
Discover your skills and develop them. If you don't have any, go acquire one.
Find a problem, become the solution and land your dream life.
YOUR DREAM JOB IS IN YOUR CALLING....FIND IT!
ITS IN YOU AND NO WHERE ELSE...STOP THE JOB HUNTING CRAZE!
The rule for the game have changed! YOu can be in your house and make enough to pay a bank manager and his staff?
My story is a practical case study! If I can, you can...Any one can!
I don talk finish!
Catch Yaah!!!

I love this! So inspiring. Thanks
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by madayaya: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
Disappointment will not allow you think well in such a situation.
manmade:
Your friend ought to have proceeded to the company and see things by himself ,what if the secretary has a candidate whom she fear may not be considered because of your friend's profile ,he could have simply check on the people in the office under the pretence that he was not sure of the next date for the interview
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by almusay(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
That one is still better. I attended an interview with Opay Nigeria Limited. 3days after the interview I was asked to come for documentation, quite fortunately I was offered another job with skyline hotel at Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos. but I turned turned it down.
The worst part was after the documentation, we didn't receive any message from them again. I went there to know what is happening, the HR started telling me that the company has instructed them to stop the recruitment.

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Bamz(m): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
sulaimon22:
That's really bad

F
T
C.

Meanwhile learn top digital skills in 2019 with Lynda.com premium account.

Contact 08131056283

Does this equally give a LinkedIn premium access?
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by andyanders: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
merit455:
My very good friend was invited for a job interview today in Lekki,very close to Ajah. He really prepared for the interview and even call me to borrow him some cash for transport.

The interview time was 10am,since he will be going from mainland, he wake up very Early, I call him around 8am to check on him,he was already in 3rd mainland bridge.

At exactly 9:05 am,the company secretary call him that the interview has been cancelled, he was already in Chevron, just closed to the venue.

The most annoying part is that she didn't say the interview was rescheduled, but completely cancelled! How can people be this wicked,why allowed him sit more than 2 hours in traffic. U

This is not fair.

Are you confused? Are you sure you actually sat down to put down this type of grammar here? It is better you go back to primary school in order to be a better person grammatically. Your English is bad or you never knew what you put down? Too bad.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by lordtim001(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
micxwell:

It's not their fault. Some people are Just so heartless.
It's not their fault? So whose fault is it then? Village people?
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Atom007(m): 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
iamclime:
Mention the name of the company. Let's know firms like this. Because I'm sure they'll still pull this stunt on others in the not-so-distant future.

U wan beat them , receive sense to own ur own not to be d president watchout list of bad company.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Mypeople2(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
lereinter:

I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos for an interview,

After staying for about an hour in the company reception, a lady came to us, we were just 3, that she just checked our cv and that we were not the kind of person they were looking for.

Ooops
Too bad.Can you imagine that ? I have gone to one before that I travelled from Delta to PH and it turned out to be scam ...Do you know some persons must have travelled ,passing five states and you still tell them that trash ?
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by lereinter(m): 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Lies

The company is situated at metal box way, acme street ogba, Ikeja
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by asiga(m): 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
His village people struck.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by ernesterioo(f): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
MVLOX:

my people will say who no go no know... true I have a job that am grateful for but what is the point of having a job that make u moody wen u get home.... a job that follows u even to your home and makes life unpleasant for you and your family... that's not a job again bro it's a burden...
Quit then and replace me with the vacancy
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Sike(m): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2019
wickedness at its peak.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by kings59: 12:07am On Jun 15, 2019
lereinter:

I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos for an interview,

After staying for about an hour in the company reception, a lady came to us, we were just 3, that she just checked our cv and that we were not the kind of person they were looking for.

Ooops

If I was you, I will tell them "ok, thanks" and I will go my way.

Everything in this life is try your luck.

I finished service 2017, till date I haven't gotten a job.

Life is so unfair, after the sufferings and praying.

Let's just be hopeful.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Faithzarah: 12:41am On Jun 15, 2019
Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1800 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”.

Dm me on whatsapp 09097130617
Or join group.https:///CF3fJJfBGSqKzQLDKfVQOT
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by DAntivirus: 1:43am On Jun 15, 2019
Saltybear:

The HR staff a junior one and. The receptionist sis this.. maybe her boy friend Orr fiancee's CV was not selected.. I saw this happen several times. While.working In Nigeria in a Telco.

The guys in the sitter acquisition department did this and my colleague who was the team.kead and needed new staff didn't know, I knew what was going on but hey it wasn't.my own team.. my point is Nigerians do this alot

So next time someone comes here crying that they lost their job or their boss treats then like a slave before you pity them ask yourself how they got that job in the first place, karma comes for everyone.

When the HRM asks if you have arrived they will say that you didn't show up hence they will move on with other candidates and guess what? Her fiancee or not friend will be amongts those grin

I couldn't even comprehend your write up.

has education gotten this bad in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by micxwell(m): 2:29am On Jun 15, 2019
lordtim001:

It's not their fault? So whose fault is it then? Village people?
The situation of the country bro. If there are a lot of options he won't be running helter skelter.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by 1stNumeroUno: 7:48am On Jun 15, 2019
kokowe:
HR practices in Nigeria leave much to be desired and i believe the high rate of unemployment in the country is a major contributing factor.

I have travelled from Lagos to Abuja for a final interview with the MD of the recruiting company, only to be told that my name was included in error. Although flight fare to and fro were paid for, the psychological trauma, time wasted, and emotional damage are not something that can be compensated.

Had similar experience.

Fresh out of NYSC, I was called, messaged and emailed for an interview in a reknown oil service company in PHC after I passed the test.

I had to travel all night from Lagos because I was new on a job then. Several stops and longer route made the bus got to Aba around 8am and the interview was slated for 9am. I had to abandon the bus and jump small bus to PHC; then crazy traffic. Eventually I got to venue around 10am. On getting there I was told at the gate my name wasn't on the list.

What?

I begged to look through the list and discovered it was written with pen, as in 'blue biro'.

Lailai!

This is a mega multinational coy na. I was sure something has gone wrong. I stayed put begging the security men to let me in. After a while I saw a man in overall going out through the gate-house. An idea hit me to go and wait for him outside. At his return I pleaded for audience and he listened to my story, showed him SMS (didn't have email on my phone then). He said there's no way he could help and left.

After a while he came back and took me in. Straight to the interview hall and handed me over to a lady. She asked for my name and search through a PRINTED list. Behold brethren I was on the first page, despite that my surname starts with a "S" (that means I even qualified for the interview on merit - at least I saw 70% against my name).

By this time the interview panelist were rounding up. It was almost noon and you know all this oil companies with policies on break and timing. Through the glass, I could see the lady trying to persuade the 4-man panel but they didn't yield.

It pained me o and I cried.

But today, I thank the LORD.

#ooops, sorry it's lengthy...

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 15, 2019
merit455:
My very good friend was invited for a job interview today in Lekki,very close to Ajah. He really prepared for the interview and even call me to borrow him some cash for transport.

The interview time was 10am,since he will be going from mainland, he wake up very Early, I call him around 8am to check on him,he was already in 3rd mainland bridge.

At exactly 9:05 am,the company secretary call him that the interview has been cancelled, he was already in Chevron, just closed to the venue.

The most annoying part is that she didn't say the interview was rescheduled, but completely cancelled! How can people be this wicked,why allowed him sit more than 2 hours in traffic.

This is not fair.
is it an akamu selling company?
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by femeritus: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2019
Stop searching for jobs that don't exist or at best will make you a slave to someone. Salary is Something Always Low And Ridicules You, like it happened in this case. If you need an opportunity to be financial free, Check this out https://femeritus..com/2019/05/change-your-finances-and-health-for.html
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by obinnawhyte(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2019
sparog:
Being a job seeker is like slavery in Africa

Some HR on their own act like they are God with there various rules and regulations.

May we all find our dream jobs
And most of us with job actually got their jobs this way....wicked people everywhere.

My experience: After passing their aptitude test, first and second interview only waiting for employment letter and resumption date, I got a message from the companies HR office that they're sorry that an adjustment has been made on the of schools we graduated from and my school was affected. And up till no one person I met from that interview that scaled through got the job..... Getting job in Nigeria has very much to the with contact ( who do you know), certificate and experience most time is secondary.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 15, 2019
Donsteve2:

Finding your dream job is an internal thing NOT EXTERNAL!
There is no dream job out there . What we have is modern day slavery just like you rightly pointed out.

WHAT IS A DREAM JOB?

To me, a dream job should be that which gives you, TIME, MoNEY and LOCATION freedom.
That is , you can choose when to work, with whom to work and where to work. At same time, it supplies you with steady streams
of income to meet your goals and aspirations in life. In such job, your income has no limit ! You are free to travel to any where you wish whenever you want and your income supply never cease. You dream job should give you fulfillment and sense of service to God and humanity!

IS THE DREAM JOB POSSIBLE ?
Yes, but but many are searching for it in the wrong place!

Friends, I don't know of any job in the corporate world that will give you such. I have searched far and wide, No one!
The only place you can find your dream job is in your mind, your heart of hearts. Your head and your spirit!
Yes! Explore it! Think ! Think !! Think !!!
You have a unique assignment and purpose to accomplish in this life.
That is why you were born in the first place. The day you find your purpose , you land your dream job!.

Search within! I don't care if you are a graduate or not! You have an innate ability or what they call talent or skill .
That is the passport to your dream job in life. Find it, explore and develop it if you don't want to remain in the corporate rat race.

How did the likes of Davido, Omotola, Alibaba, Linda Ikeji, Akin Alabi , King Sunny Ade found their dream job?
You have the answer!
Stop wasting your time in search of dream job where there is none.
Wake up ! For we are in the information age.
The knowledge economy has great respect for the value you bring to the table not your certificate.
This mean any Ade, Obi or Usman can be the wealthy king!
Discover your skills and develop them. If you don't have any, go acquire one.
Find a problem, become the solution and land your dream life.
YOUR DREAM JOB IS IN YOUR CALLING....FIND IT!
ITS IN YOU AND NO WHERE ELSE...STOP THE JOB HUNTING CRAZE!
The rule for the game have changed! YOu can be in your house and make enough to pay a bank manager and his staff?
My story is a practical case study! If I can, you can...Any one can!
I don talk finish!
Catch Yaah!!!

You've said it all
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by lereinter(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2019
kings59:

If I was you, I will tell them "ok, thanks" and I will go my way.

Everything in this life is try your luck.

I finished service 2017, till date I haven't gotten a job.

Life is so unfair, after the sufferings and praying.

Let's just be hopeful.

I didn't do anything

Only sob
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 15, 2019
DAntivirus:

I couldn't even comprehend your write up.

has education gotten this bad in Nigeria?

Cretin

[img]https://media1./images/a53be6cc904e63941709e5f7eae8f4e1/tenor.gif?itemid=3393233[/img]
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by iamclime(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2019
Atom007:

U wan beat them , receive sense to own ur own not to be d president watchout list of bad company.
And don't you think you need that sense more than I do? What gave you the inkling that I don't have mine?
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by MVLOX(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
frugal:

Tell me about your job if you can.

Hmmm, one of my many passions is the teaching profession. Am a teacher even though I do other things to support myself and keep my young family going. As for my job, I was recently promoted from been a regular teacher to been the Vice principal of a privately owned secondary school. I have been working here since I dropped my final year project in February 2017. I have steady and slowly worked my way from been a regular teacher to an HOD then to the Vice principal, second only to the Directors of the school.

Honestly if I had known the kind of stress that would result from moving up into Administration, then I would have quietly remained in as teacher, doing my regular job and staying happy.

can we do this privately... send me your email if you don't mind then I will tell you all you need to know about my job...
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by frugal(m): 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
MVLOX:

Hmmm, one of my many passions is the teaching profession. Am a teacher even though I do other things to support myself and keep my young family going. As for my job, I was recently promoted from been a regular teacher to been the Vice principal of a privately owned secondary school. I have been working here since I dropped my final year project in February 2017. I have steady and slowly worked my way from been a regular teacher to an HOD then to the Vice principal, second only to the Directors of the school.

Honestly if I had known the kind of stress that would result from moving up into Administration, then I would have quietly remained in as teacher, doing my regular job and staying happy.

can we do this privately... send me your email if you don't mind then I will tell you all you need to know about my job...
yfrugal@gmail.com
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Denique(f): 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
MVLOX:

my people will say who no go no know... true I have a job that am grateful for but what is the point of having a job that make u moody wen u get home.... a job that follows u even to your home and makes life unpleasant for you and your family... that's not a job again bro it's a burden...

This is my situation at the moment and I hope and pray to get out of it regardless of the pay. Peace of mind is very essential!
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by MVLOX(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
Denique:

This is my situation at the moment and I hope and pray to get out of it regardless of the pay. Peace of mind is very essential!

I share the same sentiments too... more reason am not folding my arms and waiting for help to come my way.... I have resolved in my mind to get myself out of this situation with God's help.... I am seriously job hunting as we speak

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fortune Careers Limited / Complete Step By Step Guide To Writing A Successful CV (with Screenshots) / Who Has Done An Interview Or Gotten A Job Since COVID-19 Started?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.