Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Freedom To Serve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freedom To Serve (200 Views)

Shepherds are Called To Serve: Strengthen Them In Prayers. / Terhemen Anongo: Man Castrates Self to serve God properly / Benue Man Castrates Himself To Serve God (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freedom To Serve by greatefa1011(m): 4:58am On Jun 14, 2019
Freedom to Serve

You have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.Galatians 5:13

In the past couple of days, we’ve talked about developing our serve. We must learn to accept the servant attitude of Christ. When you and your spouse serve each other, you both become winners.

One thing that encourages service is the expression of appreciation. Has your spouse served you in some way this week? Think! Has he or she taken out the trash, cooked a meal, washed dishes, mowed the grass, changed the baby’s diaper, or washed the dog? If so, why not express your gratitude? You might say, “You know, I didn’t tell you this earlier, but I really appreciate your washing the dog. That’s something that I find very difficult. I know it’s messy, and I appreciate it.”

Look for something your spouse has done for you and express appreciation. Then do something good for your spouse. Mutual service and mutual appreciation lead to a great marriage. They aren’t required, but they can be given freely, as the above passage from Galatians points out. And it is in giving our lives away to each other that we discover the joy of service.

Father, thank you for all the wayside my loved one serves me. Help me not to take those actions for granted but to express my appreciation wholeheartedly and often. Help me to serve him or her as well.

(1) (Reply)

Father’s Day Celebration In Port Harcourt, St Paul`s Cathedral / Please Help Me Interpret This Dream / Wednesday Propellant - Personal Perception - How Do You See Yourself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.