Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:19 PM

A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (51153 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Marcleee:
Germany and block account. Paying that block account money is crazy bro

But it worth it ,its just 3.2m na.Though not easy to get but it worth it if you actually like to stay in europe.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by bongo4real(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Cyberknight:

You will have to do careful research on the cost of living in your preferred destinations in the developed world to have an idea of whether your finances can sustain you all for a certain amount of time (say 3 to 6 months) without any income and then take your decision.

Hard truth - life abroad (let's use the term "abroad" to mean the developed western countries here) isn't cheap for someone coming from a country with a weak currency. The heating costs for your first winter alone can induce depression. There will be childcare for your children to factor in as well since you are single. No matter how qualified you are and where you were working in Nigeria (if you are employed), do not expect to just arrive and get good employment right off the bat. This is why the Canadian and other immigration schemes require prospective immigrants to show proof of enough funds to sustain them for up to year in the absence of any other income.

Depending on where you are going, and how you get there, you may or may not be eligible for some government assistance (if entering Canada as a permanent resident through Express Entry you have as much entitlement as anyone else, for instance). But you have to balance this out against other harsh realities - sometimes as a new immigrant, what you can afford to pay in rent doesn't get you a very salubrious area, and being encumbered with children limits your choices.

Put differently, for instance, I could live in one room in Hackney or Brixton (Ajegunle) if I were all alone, while I am finding my feet in a new land, but with 2 children to look after, I would rather avoid such areas and their gangs and bad public schools, thus forcing one to move up and pay more.

Hard truth No. 2 - It's easier to hustle if you're alone, you can work many shifts, or hold more than one job, while you settle in and hopefully move on up to better things. With children, you're limited unless your income can cover extended childcare expenditure; not possible at many commonly obtainable income levels.

Hard truth No. 3 - I know several people who relocated alone first then sent for their children and/or spouses later. It's certainly a very common occurrence and one you might have to seriously look at, depending on your finances.

Best of luck.

Good advice bro. She really need to think about this over and over again before conclusion.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

Are you trying to keep their fathers away from them to get back at him What's the core motive behind this resettlement

It's none of your business sir angry

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by page9(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Cyberknight:

You will have to do careful research on the cost of living in your preferred destinations in the developed world to have an idea of whether your finances can sustain you all for a certain amount of time (say 3 to 6 months) without any income and then take your decision.

Hard truth - life abroad (let's use the term "abroad" to mean the developed western countries here) isn't cheap for someone coming from a country with a weak currency. The heating costs for your first winter alone can induce depression. There will be childcare for your children to factor in as well since you are single. No matter how qualified you are and where you were working in Nigeria (if you are employed), do not expect to just arrive and get good employment right off the bat. This is why the Canadian and other immigration schemes require prospective immigrants to show proof of enough funds to sustain them for up to year in the absence of any other income.

Depending on where you are going, and how you get there, you may or may not be eligible for some government assistance (if entering Canada as a permanent resident through Express Entry you have as much entitlement as anyone else, for instance). But you have to balance this out against other harsh realities - sometimes as a new immigrant, what you can afford to pay in rent doesn't get you a very salubrious area, and being encumbered with children limits your choices.

Put differently, for instance, I could live in one room in Hackney or Brixton (Ajegunle) if I were all alone, while I am finding my feet in a new land, but with 2 children to look after, I would rather avoid such areas and their gangs and bad public schools, thus forcing one to move up and pay more.

Hard truth No. 2 - It's easier to hustle if you're alone, you can work many shifts, or hold more than one job, while you settle in and hopefully move on up to better things. With children, you're limited unless your income can cover extended childcare expenditure; not possible at many commonly obtainable income levels.

Hard truth No. 3 - I know several people who relocated alone first then sent for their children and/or spouses later. It's certainly a very common occurrence and one you might have to seriously look at, depending on your finances.

Best of luck.

As always, the truth may be bitter but it is always better to live with the truth than to be "Shocked into depression when the reality sets in inevitably"

I give you a thumb up.

You have saved her and others like her thinking all is smooth and rossy right from when you get out of the plane.

The impression many nigerians have is quiet different from the reality.

@OP

You stand a better chance of surviving with minimal casualties if you start your sojourn alone for the first few years. Starting alone is not even an easy task much less with two innocent kids.

That is the plain truth

4 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
moneymins:

out of all comments am reading so far, [b]you are the only one with Brain. How are we sure she is even the biological mother of those kids, what about their father?[/b]

And others are brainless abi undecided

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
4mykids:
My kids are 8 and 6. I was actually married and went through a bitter divorce last year. Before then we had been seperated for some years.
My kids came out of this union scarred and are very jumpy whenever anyone yells or seems angry...
Thankfully, I was given custody by the court.

I just feel a different environment would help them...help us greatly. Probably help them not look over their shoulders too often.

As I said earlier, they are my motivation for going on so leaving them behind is really out of it for me.

My 2 cents madam. There are different kinds of "abroad" but for now since you say your kids are rather jumpy and scarred from your divorce issues i would suggest you take them to a place that is mostly peaceful yet with faces closer to home when it comes to skin colour.

Go to ghana first. It doesnt take a lot to settle in and invest there. Infact its easier to make money in Ghana while saving same money in Nigeria. All it takes is discipline with spending. Good schools abound and there is ample electricity and peaceful ambiance.

You can always take your kids for vacations in the western countries but realistically speaking for a single mother of two the struggle would be beyond huge if you travel to a western country due to job limitations and the glare of social services. Taxes can break you beyond repair.

Many in the western world are relocating from there to African countries and investing in Africa because even they are fed up with their system.

Ghana for now should be your focus.

11 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
J111333:
Yes, she can try US asylum if she must relocate with the kids.

And you think it will be approved in trump regime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by ibechris(m): 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
What most Nigerian women go thru in marriage is heart rending especially when they are married to senseless men. However, the lady that requested for this advice might have gone thru a lot and is only God that can ascertain why she decided to take this path. But I will advice her to relocate to Rwanda,because that is the country with modern infrastructures that can guarantee returns if she decides to invest her money their.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
delerx:
Okay. Nice. But I studied Pharmacy and had 2.2 grade. I have been looking for a sch without IELTS and less than 15m for whole program.. ... Don't mention memorial University pls. And can I do a course outside my profession

I think its better to contact different schools in canada, also maybe they can accept installmental payment just like most english schools in Germany.

So if they accept installmental payment yoy can then maybe pay 10m equivalent in USD then when you are in Canada you can work and study.I am 100% sure you will be able to pay,so looking for cheap school might not be the best..my own advice though
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Larrykaysail(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
4mykids:
Help A Single Mum With Ideas

Hi everyone..as the topic states I need advise help and personal assistance too if possible.

I'm a single mum of two little kids and I really wish to start another phase of my life away from Nigeria. I feel it will greatly help I and my kids move on from the past.
I'm not too old to work as I'm in my early 30's. Finance is available though limited to a certain amount.

I would love a situation where I can leave with my kids and not have to come back for them later..somehow, they seem to be my motivation to go on.

With these information, which country do you suggest that will be easy for immigration.
go and apply for Canada, I advice you to do it yourself, read online and apply, dont pay any agent ...is not easy here too, but Canada is better for now I wish you best of luck
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Mcslize: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
evilive:
A young woman in her 30's with 2kids

we don't even know what you are running from but It is obvious your case is not poverty related.

Anyways,
If you are running from your past, try east - like india
If you are pursuing a future, try west - like canada
If you want to start afresh, try north - the heat will melt your past - like Morocco
I know you are somewhere in the south; SW, SS, SE.

I am a wicked spiritualist in case you are wondering.
For the sake of those innocent kids
Any path you take will turn out well

But, you can drop your past anywhere nah

Did you just say you are a wicked spiritualist? This means you do cause havocs and commotions. Thought spiritual people use their powers to solve problems rather than causing havocs. Just wondering. That "I am a wicked spiritualist" actually caughts my attention.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by frozen70(f): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hadampson:

She wants to be in an organized society.

It comes with a price tag
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Tinyemeka(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
Lamasta:
Try Ghana you don't need Visa but ECOWAS permit and You will never regret it cool

What's ECOWAS permit?
What's it used for?
How does one get it?

Thanks.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
frozen70:

It comes with a price tag

Which she is fully ready to pay smiley
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
Suspect33:
sorry for your loss, there is a thread about moving to Germany in the travel section, you'd get the complete info there, it's best to go there for studies as most of their universities are tuition free(no schl fees grin), after studies he can work on getting his PR

Pay in Germany and all europe cant be compare to western countries.But atleast better than Niger 100%.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
deflover:

Keep arguing till u reach there
U no say na lies una dey like

Okay sir

How many countries have you lived sir smiley
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
oluwaahmed:

My brother do your research, Australia officers different classes of visting visa. There's work visa, that's ones similar to express entry, then visiting visa where u can work as u visit. Research bro

Okay sir

Oga bellong is it true
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
USA, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Germany are good options. If you want to try African countries: Egypt, Seychelles, Mauritius, Tanzania, are okay.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by delerx(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thanks bro...is it the same 20hrs of work while studying? It is not sustainable since I have to pay back loans in Nigeria
segzyndpep:

I think its better to contact different schools in canada, also maybe they can accept installmental payment just like most english schools in Germany.

So if they accept installmental payment yoy can then maybe pay 10m equivalent in USD then when you are in Canada you can work and study.I am 100% sure you will be able to pay,so looking for cheap school might not be the best..my own advice though
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
Joromi12:
canada is. From april 2019 have they not been calling 100 pple With 80 points. How man wan meet that point

Some people dey make that point bossman cheesy

Na only hardships for zoogeria wey fit ginger person and person go make the point one time grin
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

Shut up alarmist. You're the only good one Buharist
One of them spotted.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by tete7000(m): 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
4mykids:
Help A Single Mum With Ideas

Hi everyone..as the topic states I need advise help and personal assistance too if possible.

I'm a single mum of two little kids and I really wish to start another phase of my life away from Nigeria. I feel it will greatly help I and my kids move on from the past.
I'm not too old to work as I'm in my early 30's. Finance is available though limited to a certain amount.

I would love a situation where I can leave with my kids and not have to come back for them later..somehow, they seem to be my motivation to go on.

With these information, which country do you suggest that will be easy for immigration.

Are you a Christian? A faithful one. My candid advice is that you first find out from God if he wants you leave. If he sanctions it, he will provide avenue and resources, advice from here can then help. If he doesn't, no point going forward with the plan, it will end up in frustration.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by macmoyor(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
Op, if you think of Canada,all you need to know and instructions, to legally start migration process re right there on this link.

This is just one method of migration to Canada..

You can go through school, provincial normination scheme,work, family member sponsored..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by thegrace: 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
If you just need a place that is not stressful, though not a great place to make money try Gambia. I live there and can help. Though Canada and some European countries may be better in term of financial prospects but you don't sound like somebody chasing a greener pasture at all cost hence my suggestion. The Lord will grant you wisdom.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by smartkester(m): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sarang:

Think Canada smiley
all of you are shouting canada like its that easy. Their express entry has become overly competitive now,if you dont get a point above 460 you cant enter pool. In general any one migrating using exprese entry would spend nothing less than #5M

6 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by ibkayee(f): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

More oil. Aptly put

Ibkayee where are you o
Many good points made on the thread
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Suspect33(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
segzyndpep:

No enter 1 chance oo,you cant enter Australia with 1m,and anyone saying you will migrate to any western country without ielts please check the authentication..99% na scam
Even if she has 50M, her chances are 50/50, Australia is already rich, they don't need our devalued naira

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Chiefochiefo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogsman:

That is a very stupid question,don’t pry into what does not concern you
Take it easy man, I know u're a fake travelling agent ready to dupe an innocent customer shocked

3 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mcslize:

Did you just say you are a wicked spiritualist? This means you do cause havocs and commotions. Thought spiritual people use their power to solve problems rather than causing havocs. Just wondering. That "I am a wicked spiritualist" actually caughts my attention.

That's the way of attention seekers
We are jobless and we need to acquire some wealth
Likes, dislikes,mentions are what we feed on
Thank you for noticing me, you just added to my emotional wealth.
I know nothing about spiritualism.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by ibolord(m): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
You are right about Westerners relocating to Ghana. I am a private tour guide and I live in Ghana. Westerners especially black Americans are flooding into Ghana to settle.

Tetehjewels:

My 2 cents madam. There are different kinds of "abroad" but for now since you say your kids are rather jumpy and scarred from your divorce issues i would suggest you take them to a place with that is mostly peaceful yet with faces closer to home when it comes to skin colour.

Go to ghana first. It doesnt take a lot to settle in and invest there. Infact its easier to make money in Ghana while saving same money in Nigeria. All it takes is discipline with spending. Good schools abound and there is ample electricity and peaceful ambiance.

You can always take your kids for vacations in the western countries but realistically speaking for a single mother of two the struggle would be beyond huge if you travel to a western country due to job limitations and the glare of social services. Taxes can break you beyond repair.

Many in the western world are relocating from there to African countries and investing in Africa because even they are fed up with their system.

Ghana for now should be your focus.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
delerx:
Thanks bro...is it the same 20hrs of work while studying? It is not sustainable since I have to pay back loans in Nigeria

Well if you can cover 70% -80% of your tuition fee,then i dont see reason why you will not meet up with the rest of the payment befoee you finish your programe.

More so if you can do any freelance work,you can still work around it.Like i said my own opinion oo.i know its possible..To find cheap school without ielts isnt easy.But you can get schools without you writing ielts if you are not looking foe extremely cheap ones..
You can try some province that are not popular or populated,like Manitoba and co.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) / The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea / Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.