Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Dialing Issues With SHARP SHV37 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dialing Issues With SHARP SHV37 (4472 Views)

How To Get Free Internet By Dialing *#*#4636#*#* (updated) / How To Get Unlimited Data By Dialing *#*#4636#*#* / How To Get Free Internet By Dialing *#*#4636#*#* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dialing Issues With SHARP SHV37 by Shadowdreams: 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2019
Engineers in the house please a need ya help.

So i got this "Japan used" Sharp-Aquos SHV37 phone a week ago. The phone is cool, considering the amazing price but i noticed some issues with it, guess the issues is why it's that cheap...

First is that the phone requires me to "choose dialing destination" asiin to add an international dialing code for all calls else the call won't go through.
It brings out a "dialing destination" dialogue screen each time i dial a number asking "To Japan" or "To Overseas" if i choose "to Japan" it will automatically add +81(Japan's dialing code) to the number inputed and dial but if choose "to Overseas" it will ask ask that u add the call destinatiion dialing code.
Even when I wan call Basira wey dey end of my street to ask weda her ewa agoin and agege bread don ready i must add +234 or the call no go go.

The main issue here is that there's no way for me to successfully dial any USSD code(*123#, *556# etc.) cause the thing go still dey require international dialing code and even if u add am(like +234*123#) it still wont work.
Incoming calls are working perfectly same also the browsing and its really fast(better 4G no be all those half-G wey dem tecno and infinix dey get) and the outgoing calls too so long i add the +234 to the numbers i want to call.

...and sim contacts too are not showing on the phone.

The seller still has more of the phone. If there's a way to fix the issue na to go buy the remaining ones be dat ooo.
Re: Dialing Issues With SHARP SHV37 by peacefull(f): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Shadowdreams:

So i got this "Japan used" Sharp-Aquos SHV37 phone a week ago. The phone is cool, considering the amazing price but i noticed some issues with it, guess the issues is why it's that cheap...

First is that the phone requires me to "choose dialing destination" asiin to add an international dialing code for all calls else the call won't go through.
It brings out a "dialing destination" dialogue screen each time i dial a number asking "To Japan" or "To Overseas" if i choose "to Japan" it will automatically add +81(Japan's dialing code) to the number inputed and dial but if choose "to Overseas" it will ask ask that u add the call destinatiion dialing code.
Even when I wan call Basira wey dey end of my street to ask weda her ewa agoin and agege bread don ready i must add +234 or the call no go go.

The main issue here is that there's no way for me to successfully dial any USSD code(*123#, *556# etc.) cause the thing go still dey require international dialing code and even if u add am(like +234*123#) it still wont work.
Incoming calls are working perfectly same also the browsing and its really fast(better 4G no be all those half-G wey dem tecno and infinix dey get) and the outgoing calls too so long i add the +234 to the numbers i want to call.

The seller still has more of the phone. If there's a way to fix the issue na to go buy the remaining ones be dat ooo.

I think your phone still have SIM lock.
Japan have 3 major cell phone company.
Docomo, SoftBank, au.
Your phone is Japan used phone.
So maybe owner of that phone had contract with one of cell phone company in Japan and used it.
And maybe didn't unlocked SIM from company.

I'm sorry, I can't explain well.
When you have time, Please check their Website.
They maybe have English page.
Re: Dialing Issues With SHARP SHV37 by peacefull(f): 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2019
Shadowdreams:

I'm sorry. I misunderstood.
Your phone is already SIM free.
If still had SIM lock, can't work another SIM card. I'm sorry.

I checked Japanese Website.
They are writing about APN setting.
After put SIM card, you need to change APN setting.
I'm not sure if after setting can fix it or not.
But that what I read.
Or you already fix it?

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Plans To Protect Kids From Disturbing Contents / How Can I Root My Tecno Camon Cm Phone / "Phone Numbers May Disappear In 2016"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.