Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria (12542 Views)

COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force / Jack Ma's Donation To Fight COVID-19 Arrives Nigeria / World Blood Donor Day: 5 Benefits Of Blood Donation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by hidhrhis(m): 7:17am On Jun 18, 2019
I went to a laboratory in oyo town to donate blood but what the woman told me shocked me she said i shouldnt do it that it is not good though shez a friend of mine the next thing she told me was that my blood may not be enough for me then i showed her my pvc from a full blood count i did but she discouraged me that it is bad since then i lost interest but looking forward to donate one day
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by boyjo: 7:18am On Jun 18, 2019
dingbang:
I hope they don't sell donated blood? angry

Na im be the bad part, them go collect am free come sell am.
I no do research for this my answer sha tongue

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by sinaj(f): 7:18am On Jun 18, 2019
AryaSand:

We are. I feel it's Blessing and a tiny Curse. You can give anyone but to find that one person that will give you is serious problem. And that special injection you have to take before and after childbirth. *Sigh*
Im not even aware about the injection thing.I will have to look that one up later.

I was just worried about the fact that you guys can give anybody but can only get from 0- group which is so difficult to get.

Some hospitals even hoard and sell it for outrageous price
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 18, 2019
I will try to donate TODAY!!

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by Thomthom(m): 7:19am On Jun 18, 2019
Lovelyn451:
they don't sell...just #5000 for screening before transfusion
Do your findings before concluding.. They sell blood at Hospital abeg.. Blood is not free.. but they will collect free blood from people

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by boyjo: 7:19am On Jun 18, 2019
AryaSand:
I would love to join the donating gang but I can't even as I'm weight less than 43kg. The two times I donated half pint each was because they couldn't find O- blood anywhere. The dizziness that followed after though, Ferrous was my best friend for like one Month.

Babe you are bold!
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by GeneralPula: 7:21am On Jun 18, 2019
AryaSand:
I would love to join the donating gang but I can't even as I'm weight less than 43kg. The two times I donated half pint each was because they couldn't find O- blood anywhere. The dizziness that followed after though, Ferrous was my best friend for like one Month.

Me too
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by TemmyT002(m): 7:22am On Jun 18, 2019

I went for blood donation yesterday and I was told that there were no equipment because government has not passed the budget.
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by Gabriel004: 7:22am On Jun 18, 2019
sinaj:
wow O- ?

Hardly see people that have 0- blood group. You guys are rare gem but I wouldnt wish for it tho.
I am O+ and AA. I have donated twice and will continue to do so.
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by Thomthom(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2019
anthonyuncle:
dz is one activity that Nigerians don't embrace and they don't know how beneficial it is to their health.

am a 10x donor and I have no regrets
Sure I will not embrace it.. why should I give my blood for free and patients pay for the same blood I gave for free.. it should be free for free
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by martowskin1(m): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2019
serialkilla:

Praying that before the year runs out I can jet out of this country too.

Why are u guys running away, we can make a difference in this nation, the place u guys are running to once upon a time was in our level, if their fore fathers didn't stand and make the change happen where will u guys be jetting to now...

All hope is not lost, Nigeria is a great nation with great prospect of improvement, we just need to stand and fight the nation to a better position instead of running to where people have already made better
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by sinaj(f): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2019
Gabriel004:
I am O+ and AA. I have donated twice and will continue to do so.
hmm
Always go for pvc test sha before your good intent turn to your downfall
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2019
If you're not buying my blood, I'm not donating.
I donated blood twice for free and had all the blood donor card yadayada till my uncle got sick in 2011 and we had to buy blood every single time.
Unfortunately, the old man died.
Fvck me if I enter any hospital to donate blood again.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by TSRC: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2019
Thomthom:
Sure I will not embrace it.. why should I give my blood for free and patients pay for the same blood I gave for free.. it should be free for free
If you don't donate, it is still the patients that will suffer.

It will get more expensive or not even available at all for the patients to buy.
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by OlujobaSamuel: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2019
sinaj:
Im not even aware about the injection thing.I will have to look that one up later.

I was just worried about the fact that you guys can give anybody but can only get from 0- group which is so difficult to get.

Some hospitals even hoard and sell it for outrageous price
Yes, she needs a particular injection before or immediately after the first born if her husband is a positive rhesus but not necessary if they are both negative
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by sinaj(f): 7:35am On Jun 18, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Yes, she needs a particular injection before or immediately after the first born if her husband is a positive rhesus but not necessary if they are both negative
O! Is it the rhesus factor thing? Didnt know that was what she was referring to

Its not perculiar to just O-, Other groups with negative rhesus take the injection too.

I think those with positive rhesus take it too if their partner's rhesus is negative.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 7:37am On Jun 18, 2019
Lovelyn451:
they don't sell...just #5000 for screening before transfusion
why 5k?...didn't they screen my blood?..why me I no pay 5k?.did they pay me that donate blood?...screening should be free

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2019
PotatoSalad:
If you're not buying my blood, I'm not donating.
I donated blood twice for free and had all the blood donor card yadayada till my uncle got sick in 2011 and we had to buy blood every single time.
Unfortunately, the old man died.
Fvck me if I enter any hospital to donate blood again.
cc:lovelyn451
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by OlujobaSamuel: 7:46am On Jun 18, 2019
sinaj:
O! Is it the rhesus factor thing? Didnt know that was what she was referring to

Its not perculiar to just O-, Other groups with negative rhesus take the injection too.

I think those with positive rhesus take it too if their partner's rhesus is negative.
No, the +rhesus don't need it even if the husband is -rhesus.
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by SOFTENGR: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2019
Person never chop, you expect him to come and donate the blood he's just managing grin grin grin
Una wan kill person?

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by mathew247: 7:52am On Jun 18, 2019
I need an AA woman to marry,I'm from enugu, 29yrs,Christian. AS and O+ is my blood type. I reside in Onitsha, anambra state.
She should be from age 25 to 33 and have something doing. I'm a B.Sc holder and a business man.
Chat me up on WhatsApp070+
31999879. Please be a beautiful girl abeg.
NB: I'm not ready to send airtime or transport money oo. And I want you to get sense too.
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 18, 2019
boyjo:

Babe you are bold!

Lol!
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by dotedote: 8:12am On Jun 18, 2019
dingbang:
I hope they don't sell donated blood? angry

They don't give the patients in need of it for free.
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by Katier00(f): 8:14am On Jun 18, 2019
sinaj:
wow O- ?

Hardly see people that have 0- blood group. You guys are rare gem but I wouldnt wish for it tho.
yes dear and I understand perfectly why you don't wish. What can we do but just help touch life wherever we find ourselves
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by Lovelyn451(f): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
cc:lovelyn451
maybe he went to a private hospital, well at Aminu Kano Teaching hospital, my bro had 5pams of blood after surgery and we paid 25k, infact the doctor made it clear to us that we're only paying for screening and not for the blood and that's 5k for each
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by harley88(m): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2019
Jasen1:
I'm AA and D positive

I swear if I see where them de donate blood I will donate for free

I don't know anywhere for this Lagos

As long as them no go sell my blood

Go to any Govt general hospital....... Be warned, the needle is quite large
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by dingbang(m): 8:25am On Jun 18, 2019
dotedote:

They don't give the patients in need of it for free.
ok .. Why is that so?
Re: Benefits Of Blood Donation- Virology Institute Of Nigeria by wizsele(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2019
Nice thread, world blood donor day 2019 #safebloodforall

https://twitter.com/WHONigeria/status/1139441789742538752

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Constant Spitting At Early Stage Of Pregnancy / COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions / Need a Massage In Jos? Come in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.