Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line (26634 Views)

The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs / CRCC to construct 560km railway line in Ghana at $2bn, cost of 156km Lagos-Ibada / Updates On The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Line (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by dam2000(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2019
Microfinance money
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by etrouble: 8:52am On Jun 15, 2019
TimmyA:
Refurbished or old stock locomotive

Just as you have refurbished old dead brain like Goatluck Jonaddaft and Atikuchukwu Abubakar and Olusegun Obasanjo.

2 Likes

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by etrouble: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2019
J111333:
Locomotive train is now a high speed train?
Just look at what we are celebrating after over 50yrs of existence as an independent nation with large deposit of crude oil. Who did we offend in that country? sad

Show us the ones that Goatluck, Yar'Adua and Obasanjo bought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by PAQ(m): 8:58am On Jun 15, 2019
@Op i guess u dont really know what a high speed train is. Your post is just like calling a Donkey a Stallion... High speed my arse
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by DelilahMakinde(f): 9:14am On Jun 15, 2019
Train business in Nigeria is just like GPRS renamed to 4G...naija oooo
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by ntyce(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2019
General0847:

You are really shallow. Same China is building high speed train in Singapore and Malaysia, because your useless country choose to stick with locomotive doesn't mean China uses same.

shocked shocked
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by AmazingELixir: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I hope diswan dem call high speed train no go kill pipu finish for Agege, Iju and Oshodi where pipu dey like do business for rail track..
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by uselesscountry: 9:55am On Jun 15, 2019
They would use the money for themselves

J111333:
Just look at what we are celebrating after over 50yrs of existence as an independent nation with large deposit of crude oil. Who did we offend in that country? sad
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by Tareq1105: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2019
J111333:

Blame Obasanjo PDP that killed Rail system while promoting Dangote trucks where his selfish interest lies.

1 Like

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by Tareq1105: 10:07am On Jun 15, 2019
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I hope diswan dem call high speed train no go kill pipu finish for Agege, Iju and Oshodi where pipu dey like do business for rail track..

Dem no get eyes see or ear say Train dey come?

Abi we no go move forward because of such people?

I beg, who go do Abuja to Lagos rail? We need it badly. To travel to Lagos by road now dey fear us for Abuja because of Fulani herdsmen and time because it takes a whole day due to bad roads.

1 Like

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by TANID(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2019
omoadeleye:

bullet train for what?
To Make Our Transportations Easy Na grin grin grin
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2019
kutashi:

You are the 'joke'! So, you want a high speed train on 156km distance? I don't know your level of education but you can reason better than this. Most of you just like to comment!
China has a high speed train on 30km distance from their ports to Beijing. Aim high, even if you miss the sun, you'll land among the stars.
That said, that 156km is just a section of the Lag-Kano gauge
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by benitwater(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2019
Nigeria shall be great again, kudos to federal republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by unitysheart(m): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2019
TANID:
No Sir But Most Of Them Got Their Without Oil Money And Without Currupt Leaders.

So We With Oil Money We Can Get Thier faster With Our Oil Money If Not For Our Currupt Leaders

Good point. Let's hope we will get it right some day.
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by foreshore(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2019
Rossikk:
The Federal Government has procured two high speed coaches for the Lagos – Ibadan standard gauge railway.
'
'

The Chairman, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Mallam Ibrahim Al- Hassan, said the coaches were shipped in from China to start passenger services from Lagos to Ibadan as the laying of tracks had reached 152 kilometres out of the 156-kilometre stretch.

Al- Hassan, who made this known during a project inspection at Ologun Eru, on the outskirts of Ibadan, on Thursday, said the two tracks would be completed by the end of July.

“The tracks have been laid up to 152 kilometres. It remains four kilometres to complete. The second track stops at 140 kilometres. I believe by the end of July, both tracks would be at the Ibadan station. We want to complete this as quickly as we can,” he said.

He explained that once the tracks were completed, the focus would be on other ancillary works such as the ongoing construction of stations and level crossings.

Al-Hassan said, “We want to complete this (track laying) as quickly as we can so that other ancillary services could continue and we could put the tracks to use. Laying the tracks is the most important part. Once we have the tracks from Lagos to Ibadan, then when you look at the stations in Lagos, the ones in Abeokuta, they are already making progress.

“By the time we finish laying the tracks, we would be able to move passengers from Lagos to Ibadan. Then the intermediary stations can come up later. We can have temporary stations if we need to.”

According to the Managing Director, NRC, Mr Fidet Okhiria, more coaches and locomotives will be procured to start operations on the Iju-Ibadan corridor while work continues on the Lagos end up to the Apapa station.

He stated that two coaches got to Papalanto on Wednesday and that by July, there would be further inspection of another set and test.

“We hope that by September more locomotives would come,” he added.

Okhiria said the corporation would use the temporary stations to operate the service from Lagos to Ibadan.

https://punchng.com/fg-procures-two-coaches-for-lagos-ibadan-rail-project/

Hmmmm, all this coaches that has been phased out even in Somalia and Sudan. Na him my people dey carry gegege. Na wa o!!!
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by TANID(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2019
unitysheart:

Aaamen!
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by TANID(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2019
unitysheart:

Aaamen!
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by TTBILLION: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2019
Morrocco as nation, is using light train, y go for dis locomotive , dat u will still change in few years to come, Nigeria should be setting standard, buy it once. Let all ur project be world class and SDG
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by Rossikk(m): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2019
sunboy:
High speed � refurbished locomotive lol my country is such a joke!
Ignorant illiterate, trains that do 150 miles per hour are high speed trains. What do you actually understand by the term locomotive? I bet you have no clue. Dullard with nothing upstairs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by Rossikk(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2019
foreshore:

Hmmmm, all this coaches that has been phased out even in Somalia and Sudan. Na him my people dey carry gegege. Na wa o!!!
Pea brain, you can barely spell properly, yet you 'know' what is happening in Sudan and Somalia in infrastructure. Ignorant airhead donkey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by ibro1010(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2019
J111333:
Atleast give kudos to Ameachi and Co..... If previous government contribute in Areas of railway we have moved forward from there...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by eedriyz(m): 11:51am On Jun 15, 2019
TANID:
Is Even This's The Same Type Of Train China Are Using Before They Shift It To Our Country Look At France Train And Tokyo Train What Happened To Bullet Train For Us As A Nation With Oil Just Look At Egypt And South Africa Those Countries Are With A Good Transportations
But Here We Really Offend Someone Seriously

You want to go to the University without passing through a Primary school? Don't worry, Atiku Is Coming.

1 Like

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by 4gunners(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2019
AgreatMan:

Even USA does not have a high-speed train network. Besides, there are still more locomotive than high speed rail even in China.

It's a mere 150km journey, we don't need a train running at 300km/hr just yet.
Pls, I sent a PM, need ur suggestion on us admit stuff.
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by Seun360(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
J111333:

You only made a fool of yourself with this comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by Legendguru: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
hmm
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by foreshore(m): 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
Rossikk:
Pea brain, you can barely spell properly, yet you 'know' what is happening in Sudan and Somalia in infrastructure. Ignorant airhead donkey.

Mumu Solo Makinde, what is in that statement that your village head and father can not spell. Oshoffi!!!
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by TANID(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
eedriyz:

You want to go to the University without passing through a Primary school? Don't worry, Atiku Is Coming.
Hahahahahahaha! grin grin grin Ok O o o We're Waiting For Him Then
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by ideylaff: 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
J111333:

Very sad.... the people have been starved of the basics for years so they celebrate things like this as dividends of democracy

So embarrassing.....

After all the numerous trips with huge estacode per official to China .... D’s is what they brought back and labelled high speed train

Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria .....
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by eedriyz(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
TANID:
Hahahahahahaha! grin grin grin Ok O o o We're Waiting For Him Then

Lol. I was going to use the U coming, but I don't want no Nairaland mod's trouble
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by rafcrown(m): 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
HIGH SPEED INDEED.

Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by sunboy(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
kutashi:

You are the 'joke'! So, you want a high speed train on 156km distance? I don't know your level of education but you can reason better than this. Most of you just like to comment!

Professor, a train is generally considered high speed when it is running at operational speed between 200 and 300 km/h, and above in some cases.

Please educate me, I’m always happy to learn.
Re: FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line by sunboy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Rossikk:
Ignorant illiterate, trains that do 150 miles per hour are high speed trains. What do you actually understand by the term locomotive? I bet you have no clue. Dullard with nothing upstairs.

Professor, a train is generally considered high speed when it is running at operational speed between 200 and 300 km/h, and above in some cases.

Please educate me, I’m always happy to learn.
Just wondering, can you comment without adding insult The most educated one with a lot upstairs ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas In Badagry / How Oversized Medians Contribute To Traffic Bottlenecks On Lagos Roads (PIX) / Taxify Driver Insults Lady After She Canceled Her Trip Because Of His Actions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.