Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak (58745 Views)

No More 'Twitter For Iphone' & 'Twitter For Android' / It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private / MAN TROLLED ON Twitter For Reporting Airtel Data And Airtime Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
tactius ...
have you ever heard of stealing from the rich and giving to the poor?
do you think that cheat shake mtn revenue?
why not look leave mtn ceo point of view , and look from an average Nigerian perspective

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
tactius ...
have you ever heard of stealing from the rich and giving to the poor?
do you think that cheat shake mtn revenue?
why not look leave mtn ceo point of view , and look from an average Nigerian perspective

I am looking from the Nigerian persepctive...of mass job losses when MTN decides to up sticks and leave the country BECAUSE customers are using your data for free

(If you were a business man, would you like it if I came in and took your product without paying for it...and claimed poverty as my reason??)

Plus, all the money MTN took from us...a lot of it went to building up technical infrastructure for us to use this GSM. (When MTN came into the country...there was ZERO GSM infrastructure....all the antenna, wires, base stations you see here were built in large part with the money MTN ripped up from us. We are not like Europe that already had the GSM infrastructure built when their phone companines came.).

Data losses, problems, etc...I expect that...esepcially when the GSM infrastructure is still being built.It is even better than 2003...when one could not phone other networks easily..or NITEL land lines easily

If you think MTN is cheating you...change your provider. Or complain to the NCC.
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by 2lola: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2019
The guy is in my faculty our hostel are close. Guys in his hostel wanted to beat him
Heard he is in the security unit to avoid being beaten

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by ken6488(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
tactius:

First MTN is not robbing you. Most of the hiccups on their system come from the fact that the GSM network we are using in Nigeria is still a work in progress. (And it was far worse in 2003...around the time I got my first mobile line...and there was no internet).

Second, if you ran a business selling goods, and you sold some goods to me, and they were damaged in transit, and you refused to reimburse me, would that justify me coming into your shop and taking half of your inventory free of charge...because ?

The problem you have is that you have never run a business. You think that all businesses are out to rip you off.

And this your attitude is why we don't have as much investment in this country as we should. Because you think that the world owes you a living.

And MTN is not the only business in the tree. Five years ago, MTN 'ripped me off' (as you would put it) of N6000 for internet data, when I was using their dongle. And that was not the first time. After three fruitless days with their service people, I switched to Spectranet for internet services...and used it till I changed adresses two years ago.. which forced me to switch back to MTN (VIA mobbile hotspot). Though I may be moving back to Spectranet when I change adress again later this year. And Spectranet worked fine for me!

And no, I never used a cheat code. And yes, it costs me a lot to use data. (Though I am now increasingly using data resellers like Mightydata...good customer service, cheaper)

grin

They steal from us

We steal from them...

Balance of equations

They can't dare packing.......

They know how much they getting here...

Investors running away grin From Nigerian I lough

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2019
tactius:

I am looking from the Nigerian persepctive...of mass job losses when MTN decides to up sticks and leave the country BECAUSE customers are using your data for free

(If you were a business man, would you like it if I came in and took your product without paying for it...and claimed poverty as my reason??)

Plus, all the money MTN took from us...a lot of it went to building up technical infrastructure for us to use this GSM. (When MTN came into the country...there was ZERO GSM infrastructure....all the antenna, wires, base stations you see here were built in large part with the money MTN ripped up from us. We are not like Europe that already had the GSM infrastructure built when their phone companines came.).

Data losses, problems, etc...I expect that...esepcially when the GSM infrastructure is still being built.It is even better than 2003...when one could not phone other networks easily..or NITEL land lines easily

If you think MTN is cheating you...change your provider. Or complain to the NCC.
sir 2003 is not 2019 .....they used our money to build infrastructure, but non of our family members works there....
mtn no be 500k business wey go bankrupt, dont compare it to a business owned by an average person, swiming pool no be ocean
no be today wey people don dey use cheat, if mtn wan pack, dem for don go since, and even if mtn decide to go, a better telecommunications company with come up
stop telling me what they did In the past, we dont live in the past
las las ...the cheat stuff might just be a marketing strategy by mtn themselves so that more people can buy and use their sims in the name of free data and will keep the sim , hoping another cheat will come up
abi do you know How many new users mtn got yesterday
guy. .no dey carry this thing for head, mtn know wetin dem dey do

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
ken6488:

grin

They steal from us

We steal from them...

Balance of equations

They can't dare packing.......

They know how much they getting here...

Investors running away grin From Nigerian I lough

Okay, I hope when you are a businessman, you will let me and everyone come in and take the things you are selling free of charge...because you are obviousuly ripping us off, so we should take your things that you are selling for free....

Good evening.I look forward to coming and claiming my free stuff from you.
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by ken6488(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
tactius:

Okay, I hope when you are a businessman, you will let me and everyone come in and take the things you are selling free of charge...because you are obviousuly ripping us off, so we should take your things that you are selling for free....

Good evening.I look forward to coming and claiming my free stuff from you.

undecided

Stop supporting nonsense......

Every on do loose some stuffz...

If there is any network I will pity is glo only

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by akanbiaa(m): 8:27am On Jun 17, 2019
What caught my attention is the guy saying he has no mtn sim and he would have used the cheat if he had and they should block the numbers of those who have done it.
The guy have shown great level of envy and hate and exposed himself as same with the people he is reporting so even if mtn wanted to use him as example of honest customer the words I WOULD HAVE USED THE CHEAT IF I HAD MTN SIM and BLOCK NUMBERS THAT HAVE BENEFITTED FROM THE CHEAT shows how wicked his heart is. He not only reported but also prescribing punishment. In as much as cheating in any guise is wrong this guy is a very bad example of an honest Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by booksrite(f): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2019
The guy is in my faculty our hostel are close. Guys in his hostel wanted to beat himHeard he is in the security unit to avoid being beaten

embarassed
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by nobsalis: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2019
davillian:
If I know I for do am lol.
Download mtn mobile app you get 500mb free
Then do welcome back data 1k for 4gig.
30 days

Sup man.

I tried that trick you gave me but didn't work out.

Or is it not working anymore?
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by davillian(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2019
nobsalis:

Sup man.

I tried that trick you gave me but didn't work out.

Or is it not working anymore?
Its not a trick mtn gives it.
Maybe due to thier recent review of data
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by nobsalis: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
davillian:

Its not a trick mtn gives it.
Maybe due to thier recent review of data

Damn.

But wen last did u try it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whatsapp Introduces 'view Once,' Which Deletes Media After It Has Been Viewed / The Best Phone To Buy With A Budget Of N40k? / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.