Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

After Divorce Wat Next. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Divorce Wat Next. (4759 Views)

Man Celebrates Big After Divorce (Photo) / 5 Years After Divorce, Woman Returns To Ex-husband's House To Beat Up New Wife / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
ahnie:
As for me ....I support divorce.reasons best known to me.infact I had a first time experience with a mother of one this morning.and she's functioning well

Another just left my house now for assistance... she's a mother of 7 kids...that one z still in the 'manage'enduring all the beatings.she said she's staying put because of her kids.i 'm fervently praying she makes it out alive.

I'll roast those men on stakes. I swear it

Anyway we don't seem to imply enduring abusive marriages. Not in anyway. My position on marriage is clear. Be while before going into it. Especially to my male folks who have a mandate to lead and protect. No woman should endure an abusive marriage. We have enough deaths on our hands. We don't want more blood. What I mean and the OP to some extent mean is the ability to sit down as a couple and put energy and will to build sustainable relations not jumping out without second thought over more or less flimsy reasons.

Any abusive husband needs help.

Cc ibkayee
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
JoannaSedley:
Apparently, women are wining and the men are whining all over town about it. Marriage is becoming a choice not a must nowadays with divorce a viable option.
The old newspaper shaming is no longer working again. Now they have resorted to blackmailing women on how divorce is demonic without sparing a thought on their fellow men who most times instigate the divorce proceedings.

Men will cry taya. The paradigm shift just started as most women don't give a fvck what society thinks anymore.

I'm coming to your house. You need to say this to my face cheesy
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by ahnie: 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

We won't teach you ahnie. grin Stay off that lane grin

Please nau!
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
ahnie:

Please nau!

Oh one you're not bring that into this. We won't allow it winkt
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by ibkayee(f): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

I'll roast those men on stakes. I swear it

Anyway we don't seem to imply enduring abusive marriages. Not in anyway. My position on marriage is clear. Be while before going into it. Especially to my male folks who have a mandate to lead and protect. No woman should endure an abusive marriage. We have enough deaths on our hands. We don't want more blood. What I mean and the OP to some extent mean is the ability to sit down as a couple and put energy and will to build sustainable relations not jumping out without second thought over more or less flimsy reasons.

Any abusive husband needs help.

Cc ibkayee
Don’t think anyone is saying they plan to jump at divorce without trying to work on the marriage first, they’re just saying it’s an option, depending on whatever personal line\limit they’ve drawn in the sand.

2 Likes

Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
ibkayee:

Don’t think anyone is saying they plan to jump at divorce without trying to work on the marriage first, they’re just saying it’s an option, depending on whatever personal line\limit they’ve drawn in the sand.

Babe you need to be here and see the trending rates of divorce. We K ow what we're saying trust me. I listen to talk shows on radio on a daily and guess what, on one occasion almost 3 OAPs talked about this same issues that looking back the reasons they divorced were flimsy and if they could undo their action they would. Western action brings an expectation that many times folks here don't match against the intensity of an event, at the flip of a coin it's straight divorce. It's sickening. These days they even divorce without bringing issues to their pattern which suggests divorce based on assumptions, faulty logic, assumed perceptions, misconceptions and what nots.although they had their own crisis I admire the relationship BTW will Smith and jada. I watched them from the get go and loved the way they exuded we were going to give our marriage the best we can even if we hit a. Rock and guess what when the storms comes its often a test of resolve. These storms reveals what's Innate. Its what was first ideolized that becomes practical during those times. These are the stuffs we're saying. The ability to have as much staying power and choice power so not throw at a divorce at the flip of an hat. It's sickening
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by crackhaus: 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

Babe you need to be here and see the trending rates of divorce. We K ow what we're saying trust me. I listen to talk shows on radio on a daily and guess what, on one occasion almost 3 OAPs talked about this same issues that looking back the reasons they divorced were flimsy and if they could undo their action they would. Western action brings an expectation that many times folks here don't match against the intensity of an event, at the flip of a coin it's straight divorce. It's sickening. These days they even divorce without bringing issues to their pattern which suggests divorce based on assumptions, faulty logic, assumed perceptions, misconceptions and what nots.although they had their own crisis I admire the relationship BTW will Smith and jada. I watched them from the get go and loved the way they exuded we were going to give our marriage the best we can even if we hit a. Rock and guess what when the storms comes its often a test of resolve. These storms reveals what's Innate. Its what was first ideolized that becomes practical during those times. These are the stuffs we're saying. The ability to have as much staying power and choice power so not throw at a divorce at the flip of an hat. It's sickening
Brother you're taking these naija chics way too seriously.

A lot of them will not get divorced at the drop of a hat, not even at the drop of 10 hats.
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
crackhaus:

Brother you're taking these naija chics way too seriously.

A lot of them will not get divorced at the drop of a hat, not even at the drop of 10 hats.

Perhaps a cross section of our society. Not just naija now let's expand it globally. Anyway most of the female Oaps we listen to at the close of the day cause of their itk are divorced or totally single. It's verifiable.
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by crackhaus: 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

Perhaps a cross section of our society. Not just naija now let's expand it globally. Anyway most of the female Oaps we listen to at the close of the day cause of their itk are divorced or totally single. It's verifiable.
By globally, do you mean America & GB?
What about the east, what about the middle-east, what about the scandinavian countries, what about the south Americas, etc

As for the female OAPs, they still represent a minority. And like you earlier commented, if they could have a do-over, they would.

Nigerians have not quite gotten to that stage where divorce is an attractive option. We usually do everything to avoid it.
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by JoannaSedley(f): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

I'm coming to your house. You need to say this to my face cheesy
No point coming. Daily experiences especially with all this men creating threads lamenting about feminism, and women independence will be enough to jolt you back to reality.

1 Like

Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
JoannaSedley:
No point coming. Daily experiences especially with all this men creating threads lamenting about feminism, and women independence will be enough to jolt you back to reality.

K. I'm down now. Later embarassed
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by ibkayee(f): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

Can you define flimsy reasons? Because Nigerians will tell a woman her husband having extramarital affairs or abusing her is not a reason to get divorced so please define exactly what you mean with examples so it’s clear.

Nigerians idolise marriage and the average woman will stay and suffer to save face so sorry I find it hard to believe there’s an epidemic of Naija women divorcing for flimsy excuses. If she has, she was more than likely pushed to the wall or the so called flimsy excuses are serious offences like infidelities and abuse being played down as usual.

Haven’t Will and Jada been rumoured to be in an open relationship for years? Lool is divorce necessary when they' are allowed to be with other people anyway? They’ve looser boundaries for themselves than the average marriage, theirs isn’t conventional so that was a terrible comparison.

If you can’t see how much Naija wives are already enduring I don't know what to tell you because I don’t think it’s even possible to have any more ‘staying power’ than they already have. You either live in a cave or are just trying to have your cake and eat it

7 Likes

Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
ibkayee:

Can you define flimsy reasons? Because Nigerians will tell a woman her husband having extramarital affairs or abusing her is not a reason to get divorced so please define exactly what you mean with examples so it’s clear.

Nigerians idolise marriage and the average woman will stay and suffer to save face so sorry I find it hard to believe there’s an epidemic of Naija women divorcing for flimsy excuses. If she has, she was more than likely pushed to the wall or the so called flimsy excuses are serious offences like infidelities and abuse being played down as usual.

Haven’t Will and Jada been rumoured to be in an open relationship for years? Lool is divorce necessary when they' are allowed to be with other people anyway? They’ve looser boundaries for themselves than the average marriage, theirs isn’t conventional so that was a terrible comparison.

If you can’t see how much Naija wives are already enduring I don't know what to tell you because I don’t think it’s even possible to have any more ‘staying power’ than they already have. You either live in a cave or are just trying to have your cake and eat it

You're posturing. When you're more neutral I'll respond. For now no. We don't worship marriage nor vagina but cherish healthy marital relations
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by ibkayee(f): 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

You're posturing. When you're more neutral I'll respond. For now no. We don't worship marriage nor vagina but cherish healthy marital relations
Lol I'm not begging you to answer, I wrote nothing but the truth but if you don't want to respond, no wahala wink
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
ibkayee:

Lol I'm not begging you to answer, I wrote nothing but the truth but if you don't want to respond, no wahala wink

Smh vigorously. You need to be frivolously fvkced to return to base
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by ibkayee(f): 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
essenceplus:

Smh vigorously. You need to be frivolously fvkced to return to base
Mtchew.
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by essenceplus: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
ibkayee:

Mtchew.

cheesy
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by liberalchick(f): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
Very well said, couldn’t have said it any better! I am happy more women unlike women of generations past, now have the courage to seek their own happiness.

ibkayee:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by yazga: 12:33am On Jun 17, 2019
wink
liberalchick:
Very well said, couldn’t have said it any better! I am happy more women unlike women of generations past, now have the courage to seek their own happiness.

Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2019
ahnie:

Please nau!

My isoko sister highlight the text and copy and paste it here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by bukatyne(f): 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
Bossjakande:
am very angry now.wen I say dis room is fmnot for young girls some attack me.dere are some demons who are out to destroy young girls.dey hate marriage. dey hate virginity dey hate true love and fatefulness. I ask after divorcé wat next? did u think marriage is small fight u divorce.most of us growing up always fight with our younger or older ones did we kill or seprate from dem? der is no challenge in marriage witout solution. a broken home cause pains to d kids.it affect dem negatively some get rape by step father or Neva feel love or become depress yet dese agent if darkness want you to see divorce as a normal thing.work out ur marriage.God hate divorce.
after divorce u remarry.wat If ur new hubby or wife treat u worst.u marry again or snatch person hubby like Stella damasus.brake a happy marriage.or y begin to sleep around.wat will happen to ur children?I have Neva seen a divorce person DAT is truly happy.

I think a better approach is to:

1. Teach people to choose their spouses wisely
2. Be tolerant
3. Put in their best in the marriage
4. Not take number 2 for granted resulting in absence of 3.

I very well believe that a spouse will not divorce if all is well. I also believe that in cases of a toxic marriage, seperation is better than bringing up dysfunctional children and longevity of marriage doesn't necessarily mean successful.
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by bukatyne(f): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Bossjakande:
if u can face challenge in life u can face in marriage.u no be Christain so get lost. dats were prayer and cancelling comes in.

If a wife is cheating on her husband, what do you advise?
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by bukatyne(f): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
essenceplus:

Men of old and now haven't changed as much

I think men today are better than men of old.

Again, the women had less choices so they were forced to stay put.

The average Nigerian is not concerned about divorce rates, they are concerned about the rates of women divorcing.

Afteral, same men who do not love divorce would throw out a cheating wife at the snap of a finger, why doesn't the hatred for divorce crop up then?
Re: After Divorce Wat Next. by Miarose: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Check out this thread and all the love shown by the men....https://www.nairaland.com/5235015/demon-wife-finally-left-house#79170137...
They just don't like women making the move.. Its a power shift and that is what all this is about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice / Quiz: Are You A Shy Kitten Or A Wild Tigress In Bed? / Help! My Marriage Is Falling Apart. (MARRIAGE ISSUES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.