Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (47752 Views)

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by paraltero: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
The vast majority yes. The rod of correction would have put them on the straight and narrow. Seeing how you have included "beaten senseless" into the matter That's a strawman right there. People usually do it when they are clutching onto things. Desperation grin The child you love is the one that you correct. It's a sign of love. So much bullcrap in one sentence. undecided

Where did I say I was "disdainful" of the West. You dey learn English
Is it because they don't beat their kids that they invented those things Na wa o grin
"Post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallacy is what you are committing here. You that was not beaten, where is your own Google, Apple or Microsoft

Everyone should.
You are welcome. lipsrsealed

Again, your issue with feminism is your personal problem. Everyone else is free to believe or oppose what they want.

Wait, the touts and other elements were not beaten as kids? For someone using countless terms you assume I don't understand to try to pick holes in my argument, you sure are interested in creating gaping holes in yours. Where did you get your stats from? Were you the parent that didn't discipline them?

Hey, I was beaten as a child. Care to show me my Microsoft or Apple that should automatically have come from being beaten?

You are clearly disdainful of the west. You criticize their system of parenting and consistently compare them in bad light with their Asian counterparts - which is funny because Africans are rather well-known for child beating but you failed to use Africa as your point of comparison. Any specific reason why or you just know it would poke major holes in your argument. Majority of the Africans doing well internationally are those that have gone to these places and adopted these cultures you have such a problem with. Chimamanda, a well-known feminist keeps doing better and better even while y'all are down here, hating on her for her feminism. Your Nigerians abroad are now feminists or gay rights supporters and are doing well. Y'all are here being homophobic, misogynistic fellows, championed by the likes of Reno Omokri whose current, and at this point only, claim to fame is working with the past government. Shey being misogynistic and having god complexes in the name of culture fixes everything. Marriages are still failing left, right and center. Your kids are championing internet fraud and are exporting cultism abroad with a side hustle exporting drugs as well. Your society is bleeped so again, I ask you, what is that culture doing for you?

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by inereunwa1(m): 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
The spoilt brat needs to be disciplined thoroughly, feminism does not encourage women to be disrespectful to their husbands, that is why some feminist are happily married. Because the mother is against the man stopping payment of fees does not mean the child copied bad attitude from her mother.You should know how some mothers are, she is more worried how the daughter will cope without money, and is less worried about the need to discipline their daughter.
exactly my point!! she copied what she did from her mother. and talking about 'feminism' it contribute to what is happening in the society today, the Bible make us to understand that the wife should be obedient to their husband but today some self acclaimed feminist won't have it that way! if you look at the society today everything isn't working as it should

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by inereunwa1(m): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
dangotesmummy:
leave feminism out of this.it has nothing to do with feminism. Feminism doesn't mean being manerless.she is just an entitled rude girl that needs to be put in her place just like her mom.oyinbos say the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.we all know where she got her sauciness from
it has everything to do with feminism bro if it wasn't about fighting for women's rights and all that the society won't have been the way it is today. everybody wants to be heard and significant by all means not minding who you stepped on to get to the top of the ladder or what about the altitude of some women who on slight provocation slap a grown man who is old enough to be their husband or father or even great grandfather!!! in those days it wasn't so, anyone one who as much as raised a voice on someone who's older than you can easily get severely punished! but today one can even beat up an old man or woman and get away with it! I could go on and on... we really need to stop imitating the whites and practice our culture!!
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by sunkieisland(m): 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
truthsayer009:
No problem. She can always come back to Ago Iwoye University. OSU. cheesy

She will love it back home.

Gbam
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by afribabe: 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
Regiomontanus:
If the woman works and brings in then it would depend on how much she is bringing in. If she is bringing in much then she is sharing the financial responsibility and the man should share in the chores to balance things. If she is bringing in chicken change, she should free the man and do the dishes while he hustles with every fabric of his being.

However, for stay at home wives, my post still stands.

Cc. LilMissFavvy
some stay at home mums earn more than their husbands and they drop more. In this case, then what??

I don't think doing chores should be a function of how much you are earning/contributing. Couples shd support each other. Simple

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Correct dad. In fact, the punishment fits the crime. You don't do your duty to me, I owe no duty to you. I have stored this deep in my memory to use in case my daughter has similar poisonous ideas acquired in the school I paid for.

Just use her fees to buy a new state-of-the-art dishwasher. With a new TV for me to watch while resting after washing the dishes.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by sholay2011(m): 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
AntiBrutus:
Poor girl,

She read and took the feminism handbook too serious.
Guys,

this is how you go savage. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Picture: Is This Love Or Madness? Men What Do You Call This! / Man Hospitalised After Beating From Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.