Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,977 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. (22363 Views)

PDP Committee On Emergence Of Elumelu As Minority Leader Most Corrupt; Wike / PDP BOT Dumps Chinda, Supports Elumelu As Minority Leader / Senator Akpabio Resigns As Minority Leader (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2019
This is so funny grin cheesy smiley

How are the mighty .......
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Megatrix: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2019
Good
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2019
shocked shocked

Why can't PDP give our brothers from the East

2 Likes

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by uwa1(m): 9:40am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
lol. It is finished. From Speaker to minority leader. The sound of the word minority gives this belittling feeling. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That is what you get when you choose the betrayal path alongside Saraki.

Dogara and Saraki's emergence as the speaker/senate president back then gave me a deep meaning to the yoruba adage that says ''obe gbigbono kon se nkan a sare la''. A very hot stew is not something you hurriedly lick. The effect of your haste /impatience will be a burnt tongue and loosing your taste bud. Politically, those two might never be relevant again in Nigeria if care is not taken. I am not God though and I don't know what tomorrow hold for them but using human permutations, I doubt their relevance anymore.

My brother this is politics... If he had remained in APC i doubt if he could have gotten the party's ticket after what he pulled to become the speaker. even if he had gotten reelected under APC, he would have remained irrelevant in the house... so he did the best thing... bouncing back is only a matter of time...

3 Likes

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Saltoflife: 9:42am On Jun 17, 2019
Okay fine

I am teaching digital marketing for those interested on whatsap. ..it may take weeks o. But if you're ready hop in or slide in my whatsap. Now
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Kennydoc(m): 9:43am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

You are speaking from the short term view. In life, the long term effect of something matters the most. When making decisions in life, long term effect can either make or mar you. Their decisions, their choices.

Which long term effect? He became the Speaker of HOR, and he lasted for a whole tenure. No other Speaker in the past did more than one tenure. What else do you want for him?
More so, his state has become a PDP state and it was partly as a result of his influence. They removed an incumbent APC governor and PDP took over. Isn't that success to you?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Splashme: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2019
Leo Igor did not return?
Thisday reconfirm your story
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Bizibi(m): 9:44am On Jun 17, 2019
Wow,that is life staring at you....
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by GeneralPula: 9:45am On Jun 17, 2019
Dogara wey go soon dump Pdp!! Mtchew
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by mknigeriagreat: 9:46am On Jun 17, 2019
uwa1:

My brother this is politics... If he had remained in APC i doubt if he could have gotten the party's ticket after what he pulled to become the speaker. even if he had gotten reelected under APC, he would have remained irrelevant in the house... so he did the best thing... bouncing back is only a matter of time...

You have a point though. I am only looking at how influential he his nationally. Your influence beyond your local base sometimes determines your relevance politically. If PDP are unable to hijack that presidency in 2023, some of these guys might go into oblivion finally. Can you see Fayose now, even in his state, ain't sure he holds a sway anymore. But like I said, only God can tell. Wish them all the very best in life though.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by mknigeriagreat: 9:46am On Jun 17, 2019
Kennydoc:

Which long term effect? He became the Speaker of HOR, and he lasted for a whole tenure. No other Speaker in the past has done more than one tenure. What else do you want for him?
More so, his state has become a PDP state and it was as a result of his influence. They removed an incumbent governor and PDP took over. Isn't that success to you?

Okay
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Bizibi(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2019
Splashme:
Leo Igor did not return?
he won the election...
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Jobac: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2019
Splashme:
Leo Igor did not return?
I am also surprised because I read somewhere that he won.

I will advise Dogara to accept it in the interest of his party. No position is too small for anyone to occupy.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
lol. It is finished. From Speaker to minority leader. The sound of the word minority gives this belittling feeling. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That is what you get when you choose the betrayal path alongside Saraki.

Dogara and Saraki's emergence as the speaker/senate president back then gave me a deep meaning to the yoruba adage that says ''obe gbigbono kon se nkan a sare la''. A very hot stew is not something you hurriedly lick. The effect of your haste /impatience will be a burnt tongue and loosing your taste bud. Politically, those two might never be relevant again in Nigeria if care is not taken. I am not God though and I don't know what tomorrow hold for them but using human permutations, I doubt their relevance anymore.

For you mind now you sound like an elder.
Anything that help you achieve orgasm bro.
Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by unitysheart(m): 9:51am On Jun 17, 2019
Dee60:

Will he accept such a role?

MINORITY? After being the speaker of the house?

Lets wait and see.

Nancy Pelosi was Speaker and her party lost majority, hence she reverted to minority leader. Now, she is back as speaker after her house got the majority seats.

There is no big deal in all these things. Na Nigeria dey attach too much importance to office.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Bizibi(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2019
unitysheart:

Nancy Pelosi was Speaker and her party lost majority, hence she reverted to minority leader. Now, she is back as speaker after her house got the majority seats.

There is no big deal in all these things. Na Nigeria dey attach too much importance to office.
exactly, it is not a big issue.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2019
Minority leader position is as powerful as majority leader and only lower than the Speaker. DOGARA, being Minority leader makes him a member of the HoR Executive body as well.

It isn't a demotion as the PDP is minority in the House so he leads minority members. Polosi was Speaker but later became minority leader and now back to Speaker after Dems won majority

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by livelymatilda: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2019
Kennydoc:

And if he didn't choose the betrayal path, would he ever have become the Speaker? The best he could have been is Majority Leader. I will rather take Speaker and Minority Leader than Majority Leader.
You can as well advice Obj or Jonathan to contest for Governor in their states..

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by careytommy37(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2019
unitysheart:

I swear, i couldn't believe the comments i was reading above and this are the so called educated youths. We really have a long way to go with this type of mindset in our youths.
One clown was even waxing lyrical in some yoruba adage/proverb!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Oricha79(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2019
From hero to zero, what an irony of life.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by fyneguy: 10:00am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Age is on their side. They can decamp later and become relevant. No be naija politician?
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Tareq1105: 10:00am On Jun 17, 2019
skukimania:
He should reject it. What kind of grace to grass is that?

Why would PDP be tipping Dogara for Minority Leader? Someone that supposed to be an Elder and Adviser to the entire House.

Politicians greediness and commonsense.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Dbigname: 10:01am On Jun 17, 2019
ikrumalemonday:
Biko �who is Dr Leo Ogor who did not return to the House? Leo Ogor was reelected as member representing Isoko Federal Constituency. I was one of his media aides during the election.
That incapacitated Idiot that is oppressing the Isoko nation with his wicked ambition. Someone down with stroke is still in the house and u are proud to say u are one of his media aides

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by uwa1(m): 10:02am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

You have a point though. I am only looking at how influential he his nationally. Your influence beyond your local base sometimes determines your relevance politically. If PDP are unable to hijack that presidency in 2023, some of these guys might go into oblivion finally. Can you see Fayose now, even in his state, ain't sure he holds a sway anymore. But like I said, only God can tell. Wish them all the very best in life though.

That is also true my brother.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Tareq1105: 10:08am On Jun 17, 2019
livelymatilda:

You cab as well advice Obj or Jonathan to contest for Governor in their states..

Obj has never won and will not win Ogun State, not even his polling unit at Ita Eko.

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Deltatoto: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku's Lawsuit Challenging Tinubu's Attendance Of Chicago University Thrown Out / Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF / 'we'll Fix Power Supply Problems In 3 Years,' - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.