Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:41 PM

PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. (22333 Views)

PDP Committee On Emergence Of Elumelu As Minority Leader Most Corrupt; Wike / PDP BOT Dumps Chinda, Supports Elumelu As Minority Leader / Senator Akpabio Resigns As Minority Leader (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by ZAWs: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2019
The Worst Political Gambler.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
lol. It is finished. From Speaker to minority leader. The sound of the word minority gives this belittling feeling. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That is what you get when you choose the betrayal path alongside Saraki.

Dogara and Saraki's emergence as the speaker/senate president back then gave me a deep meaning to the yoruba adage that says ''obe gbigbono kon se nkan a sare la''. A very hot stew is not something you hurriedly lick. The effect of your haste /impatience will be a burnt tongue and loosing your taste bud. Politically, those two might never be relevant again in Nigeria if care is not taken. I am not God though and I don't know what tomorrow hold for them but using human permutations, I doubt their relevance anymore.

Do u know why I love them?
because they're not cowards like an average Yoruba man.
A yoruba man will always be a coward nd in this life a coward no matter his attainment in life will always be a servant.

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by 1stdammy: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2019
Dee60:

Will he accept such a role?

MINORITY? After being the speaker of the house?

Lets wait and see.
well, its not like he was in the majority when he became the speaker of the house. it's no bad if he accepted it, I for one do not see Dogara as someone who's ego will inform his decision here.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:14am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
lol. It is finished. From Speaker to minority leader. The sound of the word minority gives this belittling feeling. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That is what you get when you choose the betrayal path alongside Saraki.

Dogara and Saraki's emergence as the speaker/senate president back then gave me a deep meaning to the yoruba adage that says ''obe gbigbono kon se nkan a sare la''. A very hot stew is not something you hurriedly lick. The effect of your haste /impatience will be a burnt tongue and loosing your taste bud. Politically, those two might never be relevant again in Nigeria if care is not taken. I am not God though and I don't know what tomorrow hold for them but using human permutations, I doubt their relevance anymore.
this report is fake...saying that Leo ogor former minority leader didn't return to the house is a lie...so believe this report at your peril
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by fyneguy: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2019
Kennydoc:

Which long term effect? He became the Speaker of HOR, and he lasted for a whole tenure. No other Speaker in the past did more than one tenure. What else do you want for him?
More so, his state has become a PDP state [b]and it was as a result of his influenc[/b]e. They removed an incumbent APC governor and PDP took over. Isn't that success to you?

False@his influence.

Dogara is from a minority area. Some APC members worked against the Governor who sidelined them. Dogara did not achieve it for PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by 1cor2v9: 10:22am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Which relevance are you talking about?, the two have occupied 3rd and 4th person in the country for 4 good years which is enough to keep them in the books of Nigerian history,even if they go home and become farmers we cant wipe history that they occupied these strong positions, trust me, if they were loyal to APC they will never be allowed to taste those seats, IMO they won more than they lost
For me Dogara should allow someone occupy the minority leader position and chill at the back seat of the house.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Kennydoc(m): 10:29am On Jun 17, 2019
livelymatilda:

You cab as well advice Obj or Jonathan to contest for Governor in their states..

While you were in school, did the dean of your faculty resign from the faculty after becoming the dean? Didn't he have to work under a new dean?

Your dean or VC whose tenure ended didn't apply to be the principal of a secondary school after his tenure, so you can't talk about a former president contesting to be the governor.

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Kennydoc(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2019
fyneguy:

False@his influence.

Dogara is from a minority area. Some APC members worked against the Governor who sidelined them. Dogara did not achieve it for PDP.

Alright I have edited my comment and I added partly there. I still believe that he played an important role in the emergence of Bala Mohammed as the governor.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

It's not a big deal. Speaker Pelosi was a Speaker under President Bush, later became Minority leader when the Dems lost the majority currently she is the Speaker again after the midterm elections under President Trump.

In most developed democracy, the Minority leader becomes the speaker after gaining the majority and goes back to becoming the minority leader if the party loses its majority.

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by bluefilm: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2019
Chai

From grace to grass

Too bad.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by kitanga: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2019
From frying pan to fire! grin grin grin grin

N25,000 to one lucky winner everyday. Deposit N200 or more on CloudBet http:///2HDMpM5 to qualify. Up to N1,000,000 CASH to giveaway
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Nobody remains a speaker or Senate president forever .. in just one tenure or maximum/rarely 2 tenures and ur gone.

Stop wasting ur time
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 17, 2019
Kennydoc:

And if he didn't choose the betrayal path, would he ever have become the Speaker? The best he could have been is Majority Leader. I will rather take Speaker and Minority Leader than Majority Leader.

Dogara didn't betray anyone
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by onyeogalu1(m): 10:45am On Jun 17, 2019
ikrumalemonday:
Biko �who is Dr Leo Ogor who did not return to the House? Leo Ogor was reelected as member representing Isoko Federal Constituency. I was one of his media aides during the election.

Journalist should do their research before they push the news out. I am surprise to read that part.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by chosengocap: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

A stupid Fulani ass Yoruba Muslim spotted.

1 Like

Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by onyeogalu1(m): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2019
ikrumalemonday:
Biko �who is Dr Leo Ogor who did not return to the House? Leo Ogor was reelected as member representing Isoko Federal Constituency. I was one of his media aides during the election.

Journalists should do their research before they push the news out. I am surprise to read that part.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Myself2(m): 10:57am On Jun 17, 2019
Kennydoc:

And if he didn't choose the betrayal path, would he ever have become the Speaker? The best he could have been is Majority Leader. I will rather take Speaker and Minority Leader than Majority Leader.

Yes cos minority leader that controls almost half of the members of the assembly will remain a major force in the house and a pivot to check the corruption and excesses of the executive
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by gafaardy(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2019
Backwardness!
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by magzey: 11:06am On Jun 17, 2019
Englishgold:
Minority for what.

Remember they say, Majority carries the vote.

Not minority.

And say no to minority offer
He better accept to be minority leader than to be ordinary minority member. grin grin
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

you never can tell.Do you believe that President Buhari would have won the election the first time.Thats how most of these things work
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by mknigeriagreat: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2019
cwale044:
you never can tell.Do you believe that President Buhari would have won the election the first time.Thats how most of these things work

You are 100% correct man. That was why I said ain't God. I might be wrong with my human permutations. Only God knows tomorrow and we all hopefully know with faith it will be a good time for us.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Sholaco: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
From grace to grass shocked
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by brookz: 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Piggies hero from Grace to Grass.

And thy should also give him the chairman House committee on Silence and Observation grin
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Charly68: 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Dee60:

Will he accept such a role?

MINORITY? After being the speaker of the house?

Lets wait and see.
Do they have integrity ?
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Indispensable85(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
ikrumalemonday:

That's how terrible our media has become in Nigeria. They don't know anything!
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by capitalzero: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
dogara is not serious
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nonsense. From speaker to minority what? He should reject it pls, but what do I know? Nigerian politicians are insatiable
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by AkupeMBANO(m): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

normal Yoruba Muslim talk.
Re: PDP Considers Dogara As Minority Leader. by AkupeMBANO(m): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

you write like a child. what secondary school are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop P.O Evang Hosts Mr Ibu As They Declare Support For Peter Obi / Jonathan To Workers: Get Ready For Hard Times, Be Realistic With Your Demands / Ondo Militants Surrender Their Weapons To Akeredolu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.