Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 (27488 Views)

Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO / Babagana Kingibe Scheming To Succeed Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by bellachibaby(f): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2019
My Role In Abacha’s Government Was For National Interest, Says Kingibe

Former running mate to late Moshood Abiola in the 1993 Presidential election, Babagana Kingibe has explained that his decision to take a role in the late military leader, General Sani Abachas regime, was for the national interest which he put above his personal feelings.

Kingibe made this known to journalists in Maiduguri, Borno State, during a solidarity visit to Governor Babagana Umara on Sunday.

He said that his actions were in line with the teachings of the Muslim faith, which he professed that leadership comes from God which he accepted in good fate.

When we think of the collective good there are times when we have to sacrifice personal interest and join hands in rebuilding society and bringing peace and harmony to our people: I have addressed this issue of why did I join Abachas government and so on.

I know we won the elections on June 12, 1993, I know that injustice was done when those elections were annulled but there is always one guiding principle in my public life which is that the national interest supersedes any other consideration and all my actions have been informed by this consciousness of what is best in the national interest.

The former minister who is from Borno state said he was particularly happy with the magnitude of celebration that took place in his home state to mark the new democracy day, which signifies love and solidarity towards him as a son of the soil and a key player in the events of that year.

I dont think the celebration on the actual 12th of June 1993 was any greater than the celebration of the first democracy day on June 12; And for that I have to thank the Governor who gave the leadership, thank the people of Borno not only for celebrating June 12 as democracy day per se, but I know that they also had in mind that one of their own, their own son was also a critical player, I appreciate the confidence and love.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2019/06/16/my-role-in-abachas-government-was-for-national-interest-says-kingibe/amp/

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Oyinlicious(f): 11:53am On Jun 17, 2019
Not a fan of politics I heard he is a good man

2 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Solosolojohquay: 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
National interest or you mean to say personal interest supersede party and any others

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by APCHaram: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Since Kingibe abandoned his mandate and joined Abacha's govt then it is only fair that the recognition he is now enjoying as GCON and former VP be withdrawn.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by APCHaram: 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oyinlicious:
Not a fan of politics I heard he is a good man

This man is a hedonistic philandering he-goat

Or did you not hear how he ousted the immediate past NIA acting DG because he refused to release the Osborne cash to him.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by SmellingAnus(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
Not a good move by him but it was a wise move... At least he is still alive and still benefiting from his selfish decision...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Racoon(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Simply because you're a fucking traitor and turncoat opportunitist. angry

21 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by wakes: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Great
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Well at least Abacha never stole, he only looted grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by barrypro: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
OK
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Tunmmyzhe: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Shut up ...u are a villain

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Justiceleague1: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Betrayer

7 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by freemanbubble: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Okay
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by illiteratepmb: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hehehe...the same thing will definitely happen to Tiefnubu in 2023. Don't joke with the North when it comes to power grabbing. The West, out of greed, will never learn. It happened to Awolowo, happened to Abiola and will definitely happen to Tiefnubu. If you know, you know grin

34 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by hisexcellency34: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Betrayer

1 Like

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by daddytime(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
This guy black enter him eyeballs

1 Like

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Memphitz537(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Snitches always ends up in stitches......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by simple250: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
The north are more United than any other tribe in Nigeria .

12 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by azpekuliar: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Shut up! It was for your own interest and those of the military (and the Northern interests they wanted to preserve) bent on holding on to power at all costs. Liar!

17 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by crownwealth: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2019
Traitor

8 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by temigirl43: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2019
this is for selfish interest

8 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Justiceleague1: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2019
Smes:
Not a good move by him but it was a wise move... At least he is still alive and still benefiting from his selfish decision...

Thank you.
The same northerners who denied abiola his mandate are now honouring him.....after he's dead.
And the deceived CONEHEADS are hopping upandan singing Sai baba Sai baba

grin

31 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
Why was abiola desperate

4 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by iammo1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
angry

Mr kola loud mouth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti Joins #EndSARS Protests (Photos) / Tinubu Is Converting Non Supporters Everyday / Excited Kaduna Youths Patrolling The Streets Waiting For The Arrival Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.