Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,883 members, 7,798,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown (30385 Views)

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Innoson Vs GTB: How GTB Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account - APC New / Jumia Moves Farther From Profit, Posts USD 61 Million Loss In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by BrandSpurNG: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
MTN Nigeria server crash on Saturday, a regular source stated this may have cost the telecommunication company an estimated loss of N700 million within two hours.

It was also claimed that the newly listed company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) contacted the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to review cybercrime which developed N50,000 deduction for 128GB from customers whose phone numbers are linked to their account numbers.

Another source said that several MTN customers’ lines who obtained free data via *131*7*5*1*1# were blocked for 24 hours as the company continued to restore its flunked data network.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/06/17/mtn-nigeria-grossed-n700-million-loss-due-to-server-breakdown/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by dominique(f): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
It was also claimed that the newly listed company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) contacted the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to review cybercrime which developed N50,000 deduction for 128GB from customers whose phone numbers are linked to their account numbers.

This is totally wrong if true. Is it not better to wipe out the data rather than tampering with monies in people's accounts which may not even belong to the erring customers? If you can locate the lines that stole the data, wipe out the data and leave their bank accounts alone. If you can't, count your losses and move on. I doubt if banks will comply with this kind of directive though.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by freemanbubble: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Empty hen......... hahahhahhaha

Na now them know say he dey pain for body
Them never do them now them don dey cry
Empty hen are like devil
When they give with one hand then they will collect it back with double hands

Glo own worse
Those one go give you cheap data then network go disappear
If network manage come then the speed of browsing go be like that of injured snail or sloth

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
ok
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by GentleMoney: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
Chai!!! another 'server'!!!.. ?

10 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by blackaxe78: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
They have started with the shareholders grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by cooldipo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
angry

Dem for leave am jare cool
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by PassiveNaira: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
If you like your MTN network click Like
Click share if you don't like MTN

43 Likes 109 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by sotall(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by lilfreezy: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
undecided
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by ganiyu26(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by capspeter: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
I think the fee will apply to people that have used the data already, while the ones that still have it, it should be removed
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Igboblog: 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thunder fire MTN. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by prodigyhenry: 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
if they try to remove #50k from my account the message they'd get will be LOL

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Freshwhyte(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Kikiki
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by davimus(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
I missed FTC again..

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by AngelicBeing: 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

This is totally wrong if true. Is it not better to wipe out the data rather than tampering with monies in people's accounts which may not even belong to the erring customers? If you can locate the lines that stole the data, wipe out the data and leave their bank accounts alone. If you can't, count your losses and move on. I doubt if banks will comply with this kind of directive though.
cool
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Who else was looking at; Amount lost/Time taken?

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Gandollaar(f): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

Banks will never comply. It's not done.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Zzyy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
Fake news

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Oladefemi007(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
I will comment later
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by nurex01(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
Gbosh! All na scam. Y would they deduct from BVN linked to people's account. It means we're not safe again.

E wa fun mi ni Visa
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Youngstar76(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
Better don't mess with people's bank accounts just because your server had a glitch and they utilized the glitch.

These network service providers have been robbing us by providing data at ridiculous prices and still zapping our data on top of it. If u think I'm wrong, buy 1GB of data right now n use it till it gets exhausted then check your phone's data monitoring app to see. It doesn't go anywhere near 1042MB, no matter the network whether MTN, Airtel, Etisalat or GLO.

So tell me why people won't utilize glitches n cheats?
If they mess with the bank account of anyone I know, I'll definitely get myself n my legal team involved.

If at all they were to blame anyone, it's their ICT team.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by geezynoni: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
You're telling porkeys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by philip0906(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

They won't try it. When they are not mad...lol

Moreso, no one enjoyed service as it was blocked (No one finished the 3 months 200 gigabyte data as it was blocked within hours), so you can't charge me for service I did not enjoy.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Donniefred(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
angry
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by EmperorKpee(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

I didn't try it o and I'm not having the data on my phone. But they have no right at all to punish their customers for their server breakdown. Their loss

5 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by shemite: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
They are paying part of the tax debt they refuse to pay to Nigeria government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by twosquare(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

lolz.. Who sent those ones to steal too... grin I don't believe that aspect of the news anyway.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Emyo(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
BrandSpurNG:
MTN Nigeria server crash on Saturday, a regular source stated this may have cost the telecommunication company an estimated loss of N700 million within two hours.

Another source said that several MTN customers’ lines who obtained free data via *131*7*5*1*1# were blocked for 24 hours as the company continued to restore its flunked data network.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/06/17/mtn-nigeria-grossed-n700-million-loss-due-to-server-breakdown/
fake news

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Michaelkings: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

beauty with brains,i crush on you
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by jimbson: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
I laugh I Spanish grin ... Go and collect the money from your incompetent staff. We see data we use.. After all na Gift then call am. Na we cause the glitch? Anyways I know nothing will be done sha cause this ain’t the first time it’s happened.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates Across Forex Market / Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.