Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,580 members, 7,781,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 12:24 AM

Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square (11984 Views)

Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander / Nigeria's 55th Independence Day Game / Tony Anenih's 80th Birthday Celebration Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Guyman02: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
AMIDST parades, combat match equipment and aerial displays by troops and formations of the military, paramilitary and school children, the final activities for the celebration of Nigeria's 50th independence anniversary came to an end at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

The celebrations was witnessed by President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo, members of the National Assembly, former Heads of State and Presidents of Nigeria and 14 Presidents of African nations.

Although some people tried to distrupt the 50th Independence Anniversary in Abuja by setting off bombs at the Eagle Square; I captured some of the great moments at the event.
More pictures can be added even as we continue to pay tributes to the innocent Nigerians who lost their lives just outside the main bowl. It could have been worse if they had succeeded in taking their bomb laden vehicle into the venue as was planned; just look at the crowd and the disaster a bomb blast and stampede would have done!!!

Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Guyman02: 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
Baloon display and Goodluck greeting the crowd

Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Guyman02: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
School children doing calisthenic display and Soldiers and police displaying equipments

Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Guyman02: 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
The nigerian airforce also put up a good show

Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Guyman02: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
Nigeria Army displays

Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Guyman02: 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
This are some of the pictures I took at the Independence anniversary event at Eagle Square. My only disappointment was that virtually all the military hard wares were imported from other countries.
I thought to myself; if the Biafran rebels were able to build Armoured Personnel Carriers similar to the ones displayed here 40 years ago, how come 50 years after independence we are still importing same equipments?
I feel that the brains of youths in this country are under-utilised. Come on guys we can build and assemble some of the military equipments displayed if given the opportunity; any contrary view in the house?

Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Guyman02: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
Happy Bombdipendence!!!!!
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by iice(f): 5:04am On Oct 05, 2010
I reserve comment on the brains being underutilized grin.
Cool pics though. . .but yeah i chuckled at the pics of helicopters/tanker. . .
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by blackmann(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
Did we "Borrow" those F-16? and the C-130?
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Yorisb: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
iice:

. . .but yeah i chuckled at the pics of helicopters/tanker. . .

All that and yet the couldn't stop those "bangers" (no pun intended). cheesy
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by chrisvicch: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2010
closed
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Areaboy2(m): 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
blackmann:

Did we "Borrow" those F-16? and the C-130?

the pic says f-15's,  but i'm fairly sure they are f-16,  and i can bank on your comment that we borrowed them,  thats why they could only come up with 3,   grin

watever happend to formation flying??  undecided,  15 jets forming a wing in a formation of 3,  that would be a lovely sight,  and spewing out green ''white" green as they fly past  tongue

somehow, double dots [. .] together comes out as a comma. i wonder why undecided
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by sayso: 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
Military parade of course.Watch Iran Military parade or that of North Korea and see what a military parade of 3rd world country looks like.borrowing F-16.
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by zenus(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
All these
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by oludashmi(f): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
Those policemen are not the ones on our roads oo.
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
funny parade

are those the weapons they will use to defend my motherland in the face of foreign aggression grin
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by yousouph(m): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
Lots of money spent yet many are in abject poverty. Still no basic facility embarassed
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Ranoscky(m): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
Sufferin and smilin !!!
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Ranoscky(m): 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
OP, nice work there !

Independent RUBBISH !!!
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by deols(f): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2010
military display or independence celebration, what did those children eat after being left under the sun for hours?

How many millions went into independent accounts in d name of anniversary.

Foolish presidency, rubbish!
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by gidson12(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
no comment
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Okukk(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
beautiful indeed
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Ajike: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
the event is a BOMB!
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by clemcykul(f): 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ajike:

the event is a BOMB!
t[b]hat was why it was bombed by bombastic elements[/b]
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
LMAO @ borrowed f15
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Calebsky(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2010
nigerians, so full of hate and negativity.  grin
i wonder for this nation  shocked.
but i'll still keep being positive.
things will change and improve.
God help us.
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
With all the equipments they could not detect the bombs. Wake up Nigeria, we can be better than this!
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Youngichou(m): 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
Calebsky:

nigerians, so full of hate and negativity.  grin
i wonder for this nation  shocked.
but i'll still keep being positive.
things will change and improve.
God help us.

my friend will you shut up? Or gerr off this thread? Where's the hatred and so called negativity. People like you are so lackadaisical towards life. You see your country force men going to museum to pick out equipments so as to display their so called calistenics and you are out there sitting on the net saying rubbish. How many times have you seen such equipment used by the police. By the way are you not ashamed of those toys they are proud to call artilleries? Will you use those kind of toys in these modern day warfare? I pity you. I do think beaf was the most dumb asshole on Nairaland but i just found out that you are. Pls can you kindly give me your phone number, i want to call you and talk sense into you
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by OMOTOLAR1: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
Fellow Nigerans it is time 4us 2b wise, I don't really understand d many reason y we most suffer b4 we hv our daily bread, It only God can judge,
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by Youngichou(m): 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
OMOTOLA.R:

Fellow Nigerans it is time 4us 2b wise, I don't really understand d many reason y we most suffer b4 we hv our daily bread, It only God can judge,
my friend how do your post blend with the topic at hand?
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by powerblaze(m): 5:35am On Oct 06, 2010
Well, im a lover of armoury, and i liked the first combat tanker in front. They all look brand new. cmon guys, cant we afford an F-16, or an Armoured Tank, watever the misslile range its capable of*chuckles*. But seriously, 3 F-16 to protect 150million people os is it just for abuja? i love the views anyway. america has (last time i checked) over 200 F-16. well they make it themselves sha.
And yea, i remember reading about the biafrans building their own custom APC back then, and their own shore battery explosive, that killed lots of nigerian soldiers. Go read up why the army couldnt cross the Niger.
Thats wat ya'll get for a failed educational system
Re: Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square by namdo(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2010
'happy independence'. @blaze: so if biafra succeeded by now they would have been able to wardoff nigeria grin with own military power or nigeria would be importing some from biafra cool

Let's wake up from the slumber.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wish Someone A 'Merry Christmas' / Event Management Company In Abuja / Chapman,Cocktail, Smoothie drinks, Small chops and Cakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.