Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se (3489 Views)

Senator Dickson Bags Award For Support, Development Of Yenagoa Polo Club / We Support The Breakaway Of Biafra But We Will Never Be Part Of Biafra. / South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by MetaPhysical: 3:48am On Jun 18, 2019
We have a new national assembly that is progressive and forward looking, ready to work with incoming cabinet and Judiciary to steer the country in right direction. We need all angles of the nation to move forward and grow together, no one should be left behind. Every region that currently have a Development Commission, and except for SW that is self funding and self managed, get fund from the center. SE does not have a Development Commission but wants one. It is due for one in fact! What can the other regions do to support and make sure you get your Development Commission in SE?

I have some ideas but need to hear from you guys first.

When I say what can others do...I need responsible inputs from SEasterners, progressive minds, not touts and delinquent rascals at Onitsha bridgehead with a torn and dirty Biafran t-shirt with the half yellow-sun faded and turned pink. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by chukwuibuipob: 3:57am On Jun 18, 2019
cool fl@theadVultures don sufa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by MrMcJay(m): 5:14am On Jun 18, 2019
What development commission did Akpabio use to develop Akwa Ibom?
What development commission did Duke use to develop Cross River?
What development commission did Sule Lamido use develop Jigawa?
What development commission is Umahi using to develop Ebonyi?

The problem of the SE is leadership.
Do you think if Umahi, Akpabio, Duke, Fashola or Lamido is in Abia State, that place would remain a regional disgrace that it is?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by APOPTOSIS: 5:55am On Jun 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:
We have a new national assembly that is progressive and forward looking, ready to work with incoming cabinet and Judiciary to steer the country in right direction. We need all angles of the nation to move forward and grow together, no one should be left behind. Every region that currently have a Development Commission, and except for SW that is self funding and self managed, get fund from the center. SE does not have a Development Commission but wants one. It is due for one in fact! What can the other regions do to support and make sure you get your Development Commission in SE?

When I say what can others do...I need responsible inputs from SEasterners, progressive minds, not touts and delinquent rascals at Onitsha bridgehead with a torn and dirty Biafran t-shirt with the half yellow-sun faded and turned pink. grin grin

In my LIFETIME I am indeed privileged to have visited at least 25 states of the Nigerian Federation.
My VISIT to Gombe and Jigawa states, was the very FIRST TIME, I thought and felt proud of being a NIGERIAN.
I witnessed a NATURALLY ORGANISED NATION.
I never wished such a Nation, a broken marriage. However, with the level of Human Disaster that has bedeviled this nation, which has now become a CARNAGE......where a particular region demeans LIFE and sees nothing in it, to the extent of killing their own people......and the present day Government appears docile, bereft of ideas, Haba....One should agitate for Marriage Dissolution.....this my resolution is in consonance with the emergence of serially failed leadership approaches.
No regard for HUMAN LIFE at all.

If the SOUTHERN PART happens to be killing people with respect to their Traditional and Religious Beliefs just like the NORTHERN PART does, what do you think would have happened to Nigeria long ago...??
...ANARCHY Right..
This CARNAGE has long been registered. In fact the elites derive Pleasure in observing such a carnage. Now Look at what is Happening to the Once lovely Home of Peace Maiduguri, and other parts. The present day government appears helpless, meanwhile they felt it was something they could manage.
IF NIGERIA were to be peaceful, most BIAFRANS wouldn't be agitating for dissolution at all.
U need Peace, Tranquility and Good Governance to be registered among habitable nations.
No REASONABLE investor would want to pass a night in Nigeria.
NIGERIA can't host the MALE JUNIOR WORLD CUP and CAF championship it has regularly hosted in the past.
The security of such events can no longer guaranteed.
There is POPULATION EXPLOSION already.

2 Likes

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:
[s]We have a new national assembly that is progressive and forward looking, ready to work with incoming cabinet and Judiciary to steer the country in right direction. We need all angles of the nation to move forward and grow together, no one should be left behind. Every region that currently have a Development Commission, and except for SW that is self funding and self managed, get fund from the center. SE does not have a Development Commission but wants one. It is due for one in fact! What can the other regions do to support and make sure you get your Development Commission in SE?

When I say what can others do...I need responsible inputs from SEasterners, progressive minds, not touts and delinquent rascals at Onitsha bridgehead with a torn and dirty Biafran t-shirt with the half yellow-sun faded and turned pink. grin grin[/s]

Afonjas thinking about Biafrans despite all the problems in SW...incest, rape, oluwole, herdsmen, drugs, e.t.c.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Banmeallday: 6:05am On Jun 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:

U have another rogue congress that will do nothing for your mama, your papa dem...

Go and enjoy your Chelsea

3 Likes

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by helinues: 7:09am On Jun 18, 2019
To be honest, it is time for Ndigbo to come together and plan about their political future in Nigeria( At least they are yet to get Biafra).

They need a new party, they need new sets of leaders. They need mass reorientation of her people . Lastly, they must work together as one, not when Anambra thinks he is superior to Ebonyi..

Sane Nigerians want the best for all the regions in Nigeria.

All the best to you guys
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by cowardafonja: 7:56am On Jun 18, 2019
Success1020:

Afonjas thinking about Biafrans despite all the problems in SW...incest, rape, oluwole, herdsmen, drugs, e.t.c.

And skull mining.

Our yoruba muslims are giving we, the yorubas, bad name

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by MetaPhysical: 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
MrMcJay:
What development commission did Akpabio use to develop Akwa Ibom?
What development commission did Duke use to develop Cross River?
What development commission did Sule Lamido use develop Jigawa?
What development commission is Umahi using to develop Ebonyi?

The problem of the SE is leadership.
Do you think if Umahi, Akpabio, Duke, Fashola or Lamido is in Abia State, that place would remain a regional disgrace that it is?

To a extent you are correct. Each state has need for development and they do happen. At regional level, SE zone need Industrial Complexes tailored to its own advantage. What works for West or North may not necessarily work in East.

What untapped opportunities exist regionally in East that can be exploited for regional economic growth, and who would the partners be to make it happen?

It appears to me that one of the disadvantages of East is suppression and exclusion. The culture abhors diversity. Hence capacity builders do not see East as a romantic and appealing ground for exploits.
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by VillagePipu: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
You want to establish development commission when Abia is fighting Ebonyi, Abia is sacking Imo workers, etc.

The person to head the development commission would come from which part of Igboland? You think Anambra people would allow those from Enugu or Ebonyi head it?

Don't waste your ideas on the SE, they aren't ready for development. Look at the comments of Igbos here. They are comfortable being economic slaves in other parts.
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by globemoney: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
helinues:
To be honest, it is time for Ndigbo to come together and plan about their political future in Nigeria( At least they are yet to get Biafra).

They need a new party, they need new sets of leaders. They need mass reorientation of her people . Lastly, they must work together as one, not when Anambra thinks he is superior to Ebonyi..

All the best to you guys
I wish you cared about issues in the south west the way you do to SE. smh

3 Likes

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by BrownRoofRep: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
3 most worship gods in South West dilapidated region -
Igbo
Biafra
Ifa

5 Likes

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by nairalandankrah: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
How far NDDC?? Nonsense, if any one feels like departing Let him leave... Haba this one Nigerianism is becoming absurd... Stop begging for unity..
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Odingo1: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Yoruba always afraid of Biafra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by nwanyionitsha: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
cool fl@theadVultures don sufa
afonja cone headed vultures don suffer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by nwanyionitsha: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:

To a extent you are correct. Each state has need for development and they do happen. At regional level, SE zone need Industrial Complexes tailored to its own advantage. What works for West or North may not necessarily work in East.

What untapped opportunities exist regionally in East that can be exploited for regional economic growth, and who would the partners be to make it happen?

It appears to me that one of the disadvantages of East is suppression and exclusion. The culture abhors diversity. Hence capacity builders do not see East as a romantic and appealing ground for exploits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Banmeallday: 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
helinues:

All the best to you guys

“Sane” Nigerians or just sane people, because no sane person will continue to proud to answer a slave name given to their grandparents parents by Vandals only interested in exploiting them...

We have tried the politics and politicians and even Nigeria itself and it has gotten only millions upon millions killed, suffering, and sick, while those abroad with less resources are flourishing....

See how Norway a small TRIBAL country beat the so called giant of Africa 3-zip....the women by the way...

We need African nations based on African values and interest to emerge from the shackles of European exploit-driven boundaries.

Anything else is just like CHarlie Boy....talk talk and more of the same BULL

5 Likes

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by MetaPhysical: 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
helinues:

All the best to you guys

That'ts the major problem I see as well. A development commission will need regional cooperation and by all means the buy in and participation from external diverse interests to mixup and spread risks.

What i observed is competition between states in SE is as toxic as is the competition between SE and those in SW and North generally. Example - when a vacant position in a Catholic Dioscese in Imo was filled with a priest from another SE state the people in Imo made hell of a noise to disrupt the internet. Similarly with a officer posted as Commissioner of Police in Enugu and was rejected because he is from Anambra. When Ebonyi changed name of a street people in Anambra took it personal and disparaged them thoroughly online. Enugu people despised an Anambra man filling the VC position in UNN. Mrs Ojukwu wanted to run for Senate in Anambra and was told rudely not to even dare.

These and many other hot points on unity and collaboration in SE need first to be resolved.

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by MetaPhysical: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
VillagePipu:
You want to establish development commission when Abia is fighting Ebonyi, Abia is sacking Imo workers, etc.

The person to head the development commission would come from which part of Igboland? You think Anambra people would allow those from Enugu or Ebonyi head it?

Don't waste your ideas on the SE, they aren't ready for development. Look at the comments of Igbos here. They are comfortable being economic slaves in other parts.

On point!

Every region has its problem no doubt....but the point of discussion here centers on DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION.

We should not leave SE as the only region with out a development arrangement. Even though we admit unity in the region is difficult, we can serve as helpers and support to a brother in need. If SE is doing well economically we all do well. If they are suffering in deficiency we all suffer the impact.

How can we raise awareness and what do they need to do within their own fold to bridge interests and cooperation beyond state line, so the Ebonyi man is seen first as an Igbo before anything else?
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Stingman: 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
VillagePipu:

Igbos don suffer. Look at a poor ogbeni with decaying environment in his region, discussing how a region better than his own by far needs to develop. What an irony.

Take a look at the Abeokuta a state capital in your region and Onitsha, a city in SE...and see which region needs your recommendation the most.

Pic - Abeokuta

Pic - 2 Onitsha

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by raymexx: 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
Stingman:

Igbos don suffer. Look at a poor ogbeni with decaying environment in his region, discussing how a region better than his own by far needs to develop. What an irony.

Take a look at the Abeokuta a state capital in your region and Onitsha, a city in SE...and see which region needs your recommendation the most.

Pic - Abeokuta

Pic - 2 Onitsha

My brother, Igbo people Don really suffer. Imagine someone typing from a dilapidated brown roof wasteland of Oshogbo or probably Abiokuta waking up to discuss a region much more better In both human and modern development. A region that has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria, a region that has the highest middle class, a region that has the lowest illiteracy rate, a region that has produced many naira billionaires through applenticeship more than playing polities has done for other regions. A region that singlehandedly build Up their cities from the ashes of civil war with out the help of federal government.
You see the kind of brain these wastelanders have.
Touch them now they will start calling Lagos.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by IkpuMmadu: 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
Stingman:

Pic - Abeokuta

Pic - 2 Onitsha

Take them serious at your own perils
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by IjebuWarrior: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
grin
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by IjebuWarrior: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Stingman:

Pic - Abeokuta

Pic - 2 Onitsha

Okoro Savage... the difference in the two pics is one preserved its own ancient civilizations and the other got none. cool Yet, they're all trooping to the one with ancient civilization. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by PFRB: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ignore this thread. It is not worth any response.

1 Like

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by nototribalist: 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Have you eaten your toilet broom soup and amala today?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Banmeallday: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:

On point!

Every region has its problem no doubt....but the point of discussion here centers on DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION.

We should not leave SE as the only region with out a development arrangement. Even though we admit unity in the region is difficult, we can serve as helpers and support to a brother in need. If SE is doing well economically we all do well. If they are suffering in deficiency we all suffer the impact.

How can we raise awareness and what do they need to do within their own fold to bridge interests and cooperation beyond state line, so the Ebonyi man is seen first as an Igbo before anything else?

You guys have good motives, but again, it is dead on arrival. You want economic development or economic freedom or both? If it is all the above, then you get that when advocating for freedom from Nigeria. It is Nigeria that created the Ebonyi vs Enugu rift and the current poverty and suffering ur people have.

Ojukwu tried to prevent that, Kanu is currently trying (alongside Nnadi and others) to stop it, but yet you all are still trying to manage inside a zoo.

Why?
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by splendour7(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
Smh!! Good Riddance!! I Wonder Why These People Won't Just Mind Their Region For Goodness Sake! Every Day Igbo This,,south East That,,biafra This,,ipob That...Una No Dey Tire Ni?

3 Likes

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 19, 2019
ummunnem i like how una desecrate this thread...God bless una....this is how we should treat the....see this brown roof skull miners....scratched face vultures...toilet broom soup eaters ...dey discuss us ...instead of dem to discuss how to alleviate poverty in ibadam grin

3 Likes

Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by MetaPhysical: 12:21am On Jun 19, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
ummunnem i like how una desecrate this thread...God bless una....this is how we should treat the....see this brown roof skull miners....scratched face vultures...toilet broom soup eaters ...dey discuss us ...instead of dem to discuss how to alleviate poverty in ibadam grin

It is natural to discuss you everyday.

You come out everyday, many times a day, to complain that you are treated badly.

If you dont want to be discussed stop complaining about Nigeria. grin
Re: We Cannot Help Biafra, But We Can Support Development Commission For Se by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

It is natural to discuss you everyday.

You come out everyday, many times a day, to complain that you are treated badly.

If you dont want to be discussed stop complaining about Nigeria. grin
why wont you duscuss us....how can a group of people given 20 naira....after 1970 is now buying up ur entire ancestral lands and turning you all to tenants before your very eyes....you will discuss those kind of type of people ur entire life including your children...it should be 9th wonder of the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Buharis Aide Shamed As Twitter User Digs Up His Tweet Against GEJ / Palliatives!!! Just See What Governor Wike Did: Where Are The Others??? / Governor Obaseki Melts Hearts With This: As Adams Oshiomole's Videos Surface Onl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.