Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding (348 Views)

Nigerian man reacts after seeing photos of a white couple very simple wedding / Kenyan Woman Ties The Knot With American Partner In A Simple Wedding - Photos / Nigerian Lady Weds Her Best Friend In A Simple Wedding In London. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding by Nelbless(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2019
Hello guys,

Am 35 atleast by next month, she is 32.....we live miles apart, she stays in enugu state Nigeria.

I have always wanted a simple, low cost/low key wedding devoid of any sort of attention (maybe a secret wedding with just two witnesses, which Africans shun anyways).

However thank my stars, she shares same believe system with me, we simply want to head to the registrar, after formalies etc, then a little reception for max 20 people (I don't know if reception is even necessary)... Maybe have a preacher at the reception who will bless the marraige after which we leave for honey moon ....choice location.

Please I need our ideas, I mean people who have done something similar to these.....is reception compulsory?

Cos my family don't really care about these stuffs likewise hers.....
Re: I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding by madampresident(f): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2019
My dream wedding. I just hate the too much stress associated with weddings.

If your bride shares same views with you then you guys should make it happen.

You don't owe people an explanation.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding by Rosay15(f): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Let me give you one hint.
I have this family friend that did exact the same thing you guys are planning to do and it work.
They went to the registry and from there to one Chinese restaurant to have menu and we are not up to 30.
It was interesting, simple and perfect. If you can try this, it’s gonna make sense and in addition we’re all served rice with chicken.
It really help them cause it reduces expenses and from there, all of us find our way home.
Lobatan. Wishing you all the best.
Re: I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding by Jmk9292(m): 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
Your wedding, ur choice..... Do whatever gives u guys peace of mind..... Care less about pleasing people....
Re: I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding by Nelbless(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Rosay15:
Let me give you one hint.
I have this family friend that did exact the same thing you guys are planning to do and it work.
They went to the registry and from there to one Chinese restaurant to have menu and we are not up to 30.
It was interesting, simple and perfect. If you can try this, it’s gonna make sense and in addition we’re all served rice with chicken.
It really help them cause it reduces expenses and from there, all of us find our way home.
Lobatan. Wishing you all the best.

This is inspiring,

Please tell me more, was there music that is DJ...how was the general setting like?
Re: I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding by Rosay15(f): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nelbless:

This is inspiring,

Please tell me more, was there music that is DJ...how was the general setting like?
... lol, nothing like dj cus the set of people that were present that day was full of life, very funny set of people.
When we got to the restaurant, food and drinks was served and we started cracking jokes. Everything we used that day at the restaurant was not up to three hours and everybody despise after the menu cause pictures has already been taken at the registry.
Re: I Need Help Planning A Simple Wedding by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nelbless:
Hello guys,

Am 35 atleast by next month, she is 32.....we live miles apart, she stays in enugu state Nigeria.

I have always wanted a simple, low cost/low key wedding devoid of any sort of attention (maybe a secret wedding with just two witnesses, which Africans shun anyways).

However thank my stars, she shares same believe system with me, we simply want to head to the registrar, after formalies etc, then a little reception for max 20 people (I don't know if reception is even necessary)... Maybe have a preacher at the reception who will bless the marraige after which we leave for honey moon ....choice location.

Please I need our ideas, I mean people who have done something similar to these.....is reception compulsory?

Cos my family don't really care about these stuffs likewise hers.....
looking forward to this aswell

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips Of What To Do On The First Date / My Valentine / Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.