Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding (4467 Views)

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me / My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of This / Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by GoodBoi1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
I tried so hard to make her reason with me but the more I tried to convince her the worse it got. I told her that there is life after the wedding, bills, expenses but she did not agree with me. It's not that I can't afford a big wedding but I want to cut my coat according to my size. One thing led to another and I brought up a past issue where she wrecked her finance because of her friend's wedding she said I was judging her and she can't live with me because of that so she broke up with me.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by dawnomike(m): 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
You were wrong to have brought up the past... But, very right on insisting on a low budget wedding. Don't feel too bad about it.

22 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by JubrinElSudan: 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
How much is your budget for the low budget you have in mind
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
You created a thread on same girlfriend who talks to you in a disrespectful manner.

https://www.nairaland.com/5032083/girlfriend-talks-me-disrespectful-manner

Yet you wanted to go ahead and marry her,

If not that God used her to remove herself from your life, you would have married her.

2yrs after the marriage, you will turn philosopher + alfa male, dropping nuggets upandan and disturbing us on NL.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Wasnt meant to be. Dust your slippers and move on.

After wedding comes the marriage proper. Would b silly to impress people on your wedding and go home to soak garri.

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
GoodBoi1:
I tried so hard to make her reason with me but the more I tried to convince her the worse it got. I told her that there is life after the wedding, bills, expenses but she did not agree with me. It's not that I can't afford a big wedding but I want to cut my coat according to my size. One thing led to another and I brought up a past issue where she wrecked her finance because of her friend's wedding she said I was judging her and she can't live with me because of that so she broke up with me.
You would have asked her to bring half of the money for a grand wedding naw

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hmmn. One man's food is another man's poison.

Me that want low budget wedding and I'm prepared to offend a lot of people in the process self.

Do it coded, go for honeymoon, buy a land and start building it small small.

If you do big wedding, there are still people that will have something negative to say so use the money for more productive things.

17 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Congratulations my brother she just did you a favour trust me a woman like that will push a man to go steal all in the name of show off...

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by mrNEMZY(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
I think the one bringing the bulk of the money decides how a wedding should be.
You can't be contributing next to nothing and come and decide how my spending should be.

Op thank God for your life, had it been she succeeded in riding you now, she might push you to go and rent a duplex tomorrow, while you can only afford a flat.
It's obvious that one came to show off, and she might be one of the online fake life girls.

Nonsense

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
AntiBrutus:
The same girlfriend who talks to you in a disrespectful manner

You wanted to go ahead and marry her,

If not that God used her, to remove herself from your life, you would have married her.

2yrs after the marriage, you will turn philosopher + alfa male, dropping nuggets upandan.

lol. He'll turn love doctor and poem composer. Buh i dont blame him though. Dude really loved the gal.. Once knew a girl who claimed to love me since high school and even proposed too introduce me to her pastor. I loved her too buh i declined and told her that i'm not financially and emotionaly ready for commited relatioship yet. Gal stop picking my calls and replying my sms since then. IF ONLY LOVE WAS THE ONLY THING A RELATIONSHIP. WE ALL WOULD BE IN LOVE.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by delishpot: 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
GoodBoi1:

If you can afford it, why cut coat according to your size? There is no big deal in accepting that you can not afford such a big wedding. She has to get used to the truth from you.

As for her character, forget her. Don't beg her. If you still love her, then be ready to have a heart to heart chat about your future when she comes back. Unless say you talk or react pass wetin you write.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by NOC1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
Go do thanksgiving, who does she want to please with a high budget friends?
1. Friends who will laugh at you when you go broke
2. social media opportunist who will mock you when water pass garri.
3. Bloggers who will add and subtract to the news when the road get tough.etc

after checking the list of people she wanted to please i agreed with you that your low budget wedding is the best. Cut meat, cut meat... it is from the body of a cow.
God will bless you with another beautiful girl that will see things the way you see them. but don't use someones past against him or her

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Deepfeel(m): 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
GoodBoi1:
Brother just thank God she backed out of the wedding no matter what don't marry this particular lady she will bring you down as a wife let her go, this type of lady won't be there for you if you eventually suffer some Financial crisis, kai were do you guys always get this broke but proud ladies from?

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by 222Martins(m): 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Go for thanksgiving bro.....You don't know what God has done for you. "Keeping up with the Jones" is the number one reason most individuals and couples can't account for their monthly income and keep wallowing in debt even though they earn a lot.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Monaco2(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
U Dey beg her to try reason with u but she dey tell u say she wan know d koko abi?!? Let her b na.. u go find someone else joor
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by annford: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
kennygee:

Me that want low budget wedding and I'm prepared to offend a lot of people in the process self.

If you do big wedding, there are still people that will have something negative to say so use the money for more productive things.

This is so smart. it would be nice if a lot of women thought this way.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by IceColdVeins(m): 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
AntiBrutus:
The same girlfriend who talks to you in a disrespectful manner

Leave him dude, let him turn blind eyes to the already apparent redflags.
This marriage can only end in one way.....(calamity).
Been a 'goodboi' only brings

Op, Being nothing else but a 'goodboi' only brings utter disrespect in a relationship, you have to be tough on the other side too. Before you make a move, ask your self.......in your next life, would you love to end up with her or someone that has the same character like her AGAIN? I suppose your SINCERE answer should guide you through your decisions.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by crackhouse(m): 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hope u will go for Thanksgiving on Sunday? Please try and go for Thanksgiving OK? God just increased your lifeline by 30yrs

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by uboma(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
You should be happy that she broke up with you
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by aprilwise(m): 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Play the video of Rudeboy music . Reason with me.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Oyindidi(f): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
Move on my brother, I still dey vex for my younger sister wey do wedding worth millions
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Oyindidi(f): 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
crackhouse:
Hope u will go for Thanksgiving on Sunday? Please try and go for Thanksgiving OK? God just increased your lifeline by 30yrs
Go marry tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Eldavis(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2019
If dere is one tin i have learnt ,is that never bring up your partners past mistakes as a means of tryin to make ha see reason to a current situation........

Dats were u went wrong..... Last last wen everybody don come down u can use style trash d mata... Bt nt wen d issue still hot....

Let tinz calm down abit... N u guys nid too talk

If she still no won see reasons to wah u sayin, my brother let it go n move on

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by BigDick70inch(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
kennygee:

Marry me pls..
Have always long for a girl on low-key with loud ambition kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Olorunnim: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Bro You just Escaped a wasteful spender this one cannot save and plan for the future ooo
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by crackhouse(m): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Oyindidi:
Go marry tongue
come let me marry you....
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Oyindidi(f): 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2019
crackhouse:
come let me marry you....
I dey wait you
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Originalsly: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Cut your coat according to your cloth.....the writing is on the wall. If you make the wedding happen.... do you know what will be her next demand?... do you really believe you will have her coop up in ordinary 3 bedroom house?...or she as a married woman would want to be seen in ordinary Toyota Camry when her friend be rolling in German machine?.... and if you believe you can sit her down and talk sense into her then you don't know enough about women to plunge into marriage.... Men are from Mars and women from Venus... we're wired differently.... your reasoning would make sense to a man... not that woman.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Cocao(f): 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
The thing is that a lot of people don't understand financial planning. If you see money today, you aren't meant to finish all of it.

There are people that can afford a 5 million naira wedding because that money is peanuts compared to their relative net worth. To others that money will make a significant dent.

Did you discuss the true state of your finances with her? Have you guys planned your financial future? What is your financial goals? How does a big or small wedding affect your plans?

I doubt both of you were on the same page on financially that's why you didn't understand each other.

So seat down, ask yourself some questions then approach her if you decide to.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
Pls let her go,,,she does nt deserve it
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me As A Result Of Me Wanting A Low-budget Wedding by Cocao(f): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ray97:
lol. He'll turn love doctor and poem composer. Buh i dont blame him though. Dude really loved the gal.. Once knew a girl who claimed to love me since high school and even proposed too introduce me to her pastor. I loved her too buh i declined and told her that i'm not financially and emotionaly ready for commited relatioship yet. Gal stop picking my calls and replying my sms since then. IF ONLY LOVE WAS THE ONLY THING A RELATIONSHIP. WE ALL WOULD BE IN LOVE.

What do you want her to do for you biko? You declined her. Emotionally you are not ready, financially you are not ready. You did not give any indication how you intend to be ready

Girls like her are strong enough to recognize time wasters and move on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Thought I Was A V!rgin … (18+) / What’s The Weirdest Or Strangest Reason Someone Broke Up With You? / See How Am Chilling On A Saturday (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.