Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States (53949 Views)

UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Kuje: Ghana Immigration Warns Against Infiltration Of Escapees / "Don't Travel To Nigeria!", UK Warns Citizens. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by brodalikeme(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Cletus77:
UK media can be funny at times..
How can they place Akwa Ibom, Cross river, Delta and Abia state..side to side with some Northern states?
So only Lagos and Abuja and every western state is safe?

I guess you are not in any of these States. Pls ask and you will confirm that this is not fake news or some propaganda. The good thing is that like rain when its good we all enjoy it and if its bad we all suffer it. So no need for arguments.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Marcelinho(m): 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Fake, how you mention Akwa Ibom, when last was there a report of attacks in that State... This people should just go and sit down instead of steering unnecessary violence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Jaqenhghar: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
Justpd:
UK media is the worst in the world

But I don't really blame them, when you have an incompetent, unrepentant terrorist piloting the affairs of a nation, it's best and believable to tell your country people to avoid that place.

Buhari have caused more harm than good to this country, let God save us through the judiciary because 4 years with this sick despotic bastard will be a disaster
What did they say that is untrue? Is it wrong for them.to caution their citizens?

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by LZAA: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
kingemzy5:
grin South East everywhere........ UK is also managed by an ipob yoot grin grin punch is also an ipob newspaper.

That's how you guys continue pursuing investors away.... even your brother that is a dullard dosen't give a f*ck bout you....

South East issaa goalleee!
grin grin
Deomelo wee say its ipob bureau of statistics grin
Cc immhotep Adaibeku
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Justpd: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
OneKinGuy:

There is nothing like worst here. Me myself can't go to the mentioned states!

Even delta??

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by kanubiafra: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
so now britain does not want a taste of the food they cooked in 1914? how can nigeria progress when its maker died childless after marrying a 50 year old lady the only thing about him in history is " one nigeria"

2 Likes

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by kanubiafra: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
so now britain does not want a taste of the food they cooked in 1914? how can nigeria progress when its maker died childless after marrying a 50 year old lady the only thing about him in history is the amala-gum-nation called " one nigeria"

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
livebyday:

You have the right to comment as you wish but the mods also have a right to regulate your comments

Do not insult me. Sir

I merely stated a clear intentional act by you to incite and ridicule other tribes here

You have been cautioned

Cheers

So because I commented that no South West state was on the list, it means I am ridiculing other tribes?

I was only expressing my concerns for the state of affairs in my region and I did not intend to ridicule any regions

No South West state was on the list and that's a fact

You are the one overthinking things and over reacting to my comment

2 Likes

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by dododawa1: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
Goodluck WHY?
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
what will take someone to a dying Cross River State
Cletus77:
How can they place Akwa Ibom, Cross river, Delta and Abia state..side to side with some Northern states?
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by sonsomegrigbo: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
No single Yorùbá state was mentioned...

Kudos to my people home and abroad...

We all know criminals people in this country...

BTW congratulations to our Edo blodas on achievement of their winch airlines...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by btoks: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
OakPearl:
A day or so after Eniola Aluko was brutally gunned down right in the UK that they make us believe is safer?

Omo, every nation has security challenges, no be una holy pass jor.
Hmmn, the fact you're able to get the name of this person that was murdered shows they take people's lives more serious over there. Every country has security challenges but there are different levels of risks/threats on a day to day. We've probably had more than 100 Eniola Aluko's brutally murdered in Nigeria in June but just seems normal, it hasn't even made international news. And no names!

What is happening in Nigeria is not normal in a country not at war and UK is responding accordingly.

Nigeria should also be advising its citizens not to travel to south africa, middle east, libya but they couldn't care less. People will go there anyway.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by advocate666: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zoo sponsor advises against travelling to the zoo.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
Cletus77:
Yes

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by AbujaBlue: 11:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
This is really just an oyibo tourist guide. Can you blame them?

To think, across in Gambia they are bringing their children to beach holidays and boosting their economy.

You only have to look at the Nigeria (below) tourism website to see our problem. We are advertising a place boldly that only a few weeks ago was the scene of the MURDER of a British tourist!!??

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by SirLakes: 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
It's like they don't know your head is not safe on your neck in South West

Jokers grin

No where is Safe in this shiithole
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Princeofasia: 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2019
dPriv:
GOD protect us.
shut up
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Cletus77(m): 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
brodalikeme:

I guess you are not in any of these States. Pls ask and you will confirm that this is not fake news or some propaganda. The good thing is that like rain when its good we all enjoy it and if its bad we all suffer it. So no need for arguments.
Tarrh!
Those four states I mentioned are safer than any state in Nigeria I can think of
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Cletus77(m): 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
livebyday:

Be very cautious in your comments

Only. abia in the southeast ,, cross river was not. Listed

Be very cautious of your posts here sir

Goan read again and stop cautioning yourself
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by LGDON: 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
Omooba77:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom has warned British nationals against travelling to about 21 states in Nigeria over security concerns.

The travel warning posted on its website and updated on Monday, stemmed from the worsening security situation occasioned by the Boko Haram terrorists attacks in the North East, armed banditry in the North-West and militancy in the South-South.

Specifically, the FCO advised against all travels to Borno; Yobe; Adamawa; Gombe; and the riverine areas of Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.

The British government also cautioned against trips to within 20km of the border with Niger and Zamfara states.

The FCO further advised against all but essential travel to Bauchi, Zamfara, Kano, Jigawa, Katsina, Kogi and within 20km of the border with Niger in Sokoto and Kebbi states including the non-riverine areas of Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Abia States.

The advisory admonished British nationals to avoid crowds including political meetings, religious gatherings and places of worship, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, transport hubs and camps for displaced persons.

“Attacks could be indiscriminate and could affect western interests as well as places visited by tourists. Besides Abuja, other major towns and cities remain particularly at risk, including Kano and Kaduna,” it stated.

The FCO noted that there was a high threat of kidnap throughout the country, adding that abductions could be motivated by criminality or terrorism, and could be carried out for financial or political gain.

It stated, “The security environment in the northeast has deteriorated since 2018 and there is a heightened risk of kidnap.

“There is also a high threat of criminal kidnap in the Niger Delta region and Kogi State. If you travel to areas to which the FCO advise against travel, you are particularly at risk and will need a high level of security.”

https://punchng.com/uk-warns-against-travel-to-21-states/

Even Sweden, go to their Nigeria embassy website you will see it there.

If they feel Nigeria is not safe to live why are they not granting asylum to Nigerians in their country who claim they ran away from crisis

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Ebukax(f): 11:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
Kudos the east still remains the most peaceful place to be in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by freemi(m): 11:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
morikee:
Patiently Waiting for bet naija guys to post there usual shit
so it is nw there instead of thier? Been seeing it too much
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by King44(m): 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
platinum131:

The advisory admonished British nationals to avoid crowds including political meetings, religious gatherings and places of worship, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, transport hubs and camps for displaced persons.

Hmmmm.....Where remain?
in other words the whole country is unsafe, buhari rigged himself in against the will of the people while the north is planning to rule beyond 2023 how can some people be so greedy out of how many ethnic must revolves around politics well may God help us
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by SolexOlenin(m): 11:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
What are they saying sef.... Just tell ur traveling citizens that d whole regions are unsafe, security wise. United States should caution their citizens too... Nigeria is a zoo!
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Empiree: 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
Justpd:
UK media is the worst in the world

But I don't really blame them, when you have an incompetent, unrepentant terrorist piloting the affairs of a nation, it's best and believable to tell your country people to avoid that place.

Buhari have caused more harm than good to this country, let God save us through the judiciary because 4 years with this sick despotic bastard will be a disaster
Is Buhari also responsible for this?. Is he the only one responsible for fixing the shithole?. Is this how a country moves forward by discriminating along religious line?.

Is Buhari responsible for this?. If this happens in the UK such company would be in trouble.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Nigerian City Can Road Traffic Be As Discipline As This? (PHOTOS) / Mack Rutherford: 17-Year-Old Pilot Becomes Youngest To Fly Around The World Solo / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.